• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

UrQuan #81 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHundeWurst, on 26 March 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

However what I want to say about these streams. I just dont see the point of them. I can watch a lot of WoT streamers around the clock. So why would I watch this channle? Because of WG employee is playing? I mean that really does not offer anything new to the table.

I dont quit get the prupose of these streams to be honest. If someone from WG could answer me that question....

Got a similar feel. Plenty of good streamers out there.

Perhaps what would help it is to connect more with the average player? A sort of (advanced) tutorial channel?

Play classic tanks through streaming, showcasing the do's a don'ts with classic tanks in their roles.

By example:

-Stream gameplay in a KV-1, Stug III g; t-34(-85), hellcat, AT-2 and other classics. All tanks with well defined class roles & smooth to play for their tiers. Make it themed with the weekend events to make it more relevant.

If there's a TD special (like last weekend) stream gameplay with the Stug III G, AT-2, Borsig, Hellcat, Strv etc. Make an announcemnt about the themed gameplay in this thread (by example Ph3lan, or whoever runs it, announces the streamer will play mainly TD's this weekend on stream to celebrate the TD themed weekend)

I feel such approach would help the WG channel more.

Edited by UrQuan, 19 June 2018 - 11:40 AM.

Aikl #82 Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Looking at the stream, it's easy to get the impression that actually using the feedback hasn't been done. The anniversary stream was well executed, but the normal ones are still kind of 'meh'.

The general playerbase apparently agrees. Some numbers from different dates, should be around 15-30 minutes into the stream:

Nov 29th: 113

Jan. 3rd: 178

Mar. 27th: 103

Jun. 16th: 61

It's not looking good, is it? Nice chances of winning tanks, though, I'll give you that.

Also, when WGEU decides to essentially ignore the forum for a week straight, it's not a great idea to only accept feedback regarding the football mode. Especially not when someone points exactly that out. Exactly why WGEU are bothering with a failed stream when they're ignoring the community is hard to tell. Too bad there's nobody to convince me that this isn't, in fact, due to incompetence (though the alternative is frankly worse).

Igor_BL #83 Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36366 battles

View PostAikl, on 21 June 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Also, when WGEU decides to essentially ignore the forum for a week straight, it's not a great idea to only accept feedback regarding the football mode. Especially not when someone points exactly that out. Exactly why WGEU are bothering with a failed stream when they're ignoring the community is hard to tell. Too bad there's nobody to convince me that this isn't, in fact, due to incompetence (though the alternative is frankly worse).

1) it is a lot more then a week.

2) i hope it is incompetence.

Aikl #84 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostIgor_BL, on 22 June 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

1) it is a lot more then a week.

2) i hope it is incompetence.

It really takes something beyond incompetence to take it this far.

Arrows are pointing towards a terrible internal company structure that literally can't fix issues or be semi-flexible - which includes response to less-than-positive feedback on the forums.

Of course, the community staff (probably) do more than just post on the forums, and are prioritizing. Terrible idea if you ask me. If a random guy wants to check out how a game's doing (wants to start or pick up the game again) he's not gonna get his impression from some irrelevant stream or some annual, non-relevant event in goddarn Dorset. You'd think that they'd be interested in at least keeping us "whiners" busy, not even bothering with that suggests it doesn't really matter. 

simon66 #85 Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19653 battles

Do I assume the streams will not happen anymore?

been nothing and no mention about upcoming streams since Tankfest.

Also tagged with Stream, Discussion

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users