• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Pansenmann #21 Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGnomus, on 09 November 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Anything important should be, or at least come later, to WoT homepage and forums.

Recently it seems everything is streams, facebook, reddit..... Things should be on official platforms and findable in one place not scattered here and there.

Having some employee or even trainee transcribe and add links to relevant informative posts/videos should not be hard to do.

Full ACK!

The news have to be on the homepage first.

then all other side-channels. I use FB soley for keeping in touch with friends across the globe,

so that one is no option for me. twitter is fine for quick status updates but not major news.

SlyMeerkat #22 Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16721 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Cool, i shall follow and check it out :)

wEight_Tanker #23 Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8075 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
Worst 2 hours wasted last year in a "raffle" on twitch. Actually, jokes on them, I enjoyed watching the "big kids" playing Clan Wars. There was a task that lasted around 1.5 hours to enter the raffle for a free AMX CDC. I know what "raffle" means. But... so many people were there, not 2500 could've won the raffle, not 500 could've won the raffle, not even 10, but 1 guy, ONE GUY in THOUSANDS gets a crappy tier 8 medium. I don't even know whether he actually got the tank at all. I hate seeing people like me falling for WG's bullcrap every time.

The_Georgian_One #24 Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37955 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
Can we please have proposed changes to Obj 263 line discussed and community feedback acknowledged?

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 10 November 2017 - 12:38 PM.

qpranger #25 Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 10 November 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Can we please have proposed changes to Obj 263 line discussed and community feedback acknowledged?

No. Next question?

Mr_Deo #26 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42049 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 10 November 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Worst 2 hours wasted last year in a "raffle" on twitch. Actually, jokes on them, I enjoyed watching the "big kids" playing Clan Wars. There was a task that lasted around 1.5 hours to enter the raffle for a free AMX CDC. I know what "raffle" means. But... so many people were there, not 2500 could've won the raffle, not 500 could've won the raffle, not even 10, but 1 guy, ONE GUY in THOUSANDS gets a crappy tier 8 medium. I don't even know whether he actually got the tank at all. I hate seeing people like me falling for WG's bullcrap every time.

If they gave everyone something great, people would be there just to get free gear.

To be honest, many of the streams have 400-500 players and 2-3 tanks (if not more) are given away, the odds of that are really good to be honest (compared with most other competitions).  It's just that you generally don't know how bad other competitions are.

HundeWurst #27 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70196 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostSfinski, on 08 November 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hope you wont ignore the difficult questions and answer only the questions you are 100% sure about. May join sometime.

Ofc thats whats going to happen. Also how many people with join just to get some goodies? I guess at least 50%.

Well on the other hand. Can we blame them for not answering the "difficult questions"? No because they just cannot. I dont think they have many more information about most of these question that we have.

Edited by WunderWurst, 11 November 2017 - 01:52 PM.

jabster #28 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostWunderWurst, on 11 November 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Ofc thats whats going to happen. Also how many people with join just to get some goodies? I guess at least 50%.

Well on the other hand. Can we blame them for not answering the "difficult questions"? No because they just cannot. I dont think they have many more information about most of these question that we have.

I don’t think it’s just the we don’t know the answer but also you won’t like the answer. Take the sale of the Mutant, they’ll hardly going to come out and say we saw an opportunity to make a bit of cash even though we’re going to pee some players off are they?

HundeWurst #29 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70196 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View Postjabster, on 11 November 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don’t think it’s just the we don’t know the answer but also you won’t like the answer. Take the sale of the Mutant, they’ll hardly going to come out and say we saw an opportunity to make a bit of cash even though we’re going to pee some players off are they?

True, but at least that would be honest. And its not like anyone and their dead grand grand grand parents know that already.

Edited by WunderWurst, 11 November 2017 - 02:28 PM.

jabster #30 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostWunderWurst, on 11 November 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

True, but at least that would be honest. And its not like anyone and their dead grand grand grand parents know that already.

Personally I’d prefer it but I’m not sure WG see it that way.

HundeWurst #31 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70196 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View Postjabster, on 11 November 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Personally I’d prefer it but I’m not sure WG see it that way.

Well its interesting to see with other companies as well. It appears a lot of customers would like to hear the truth rather than some made up [edited]excuse. Yet many and more companies come up qith cowdumg excuses for their screwups.

Well I guess its better not to admit failure for one or another reason.

jabster #32 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostWunderWurst, on 11 November 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well its interesting to see with other companies as well. It appears a lot of customers would like to hear the truth rather than some made up [edited]excuse. Yet many and more companies come up qith cowdumg excuses for their screwups.

Well I guess its better not to admit failure for one or another reason.

My experience is that smaller companies are quite happy to be more open about problems, perceived or otherwise, whereas larger companies aren’t. Saying that I still think that WG would benefit from just saying we screwed up sometimes.

PayMore #33 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23545 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 08 November 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hey all!

Some of you might have already noticed that we started our weekly streams for now with 1 stream per week for World of Tanks on Tuesdays.

When: Every Tuesday between 18:00-20:00 CET

Where: On the WoT official FB page here and on our Twitch channel here Don't forget to like and Follow! 

Content: Gameplay, Q&A, showing off new content etc. 

Can I win something? Ofc, we always have something to give away. You will have to join the stream though to find out what.

On yesterday's stream I asked if people would be interested in a forum thread where they could discuss the streams and give us feedback/suggestions, so here is me keeping my word :) Feel free to use this thread to discuss all out stream activities.

Pls show boosts, artyplay and redline sniping.

ZlatanArKung #34 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostPayMore, on 12 November 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

Pls show boosts, artyplay and redline sniping.

Why would anyone be interested in 3 harmful things? 

psychobear #35 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19103 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
So, when's the next stream happening?

qpranger #36 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 33746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpsychobear, on 13 November 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

So, when's the next stream happening?

When they drink plenty Luwak coffee.

Ph3lan #37 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18606 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey all!

New info coming in! As discussed earlier in this thread it makes more sense to move the weekly WoT stream to Wednesday. This way we are not colliding with QBs stream and you can enjoy WoT streams on more days of the week. So, the next stream is happening on Wednesday 15th November between 18:00  and ~20:00 CET. For now the plan is that I'll stream and hopefully I can get some Contributors can join me for some platooning :) As usual I'll try to answers the questions in the chat to the best of my knowledge. 

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread, but I would like to ask you for more specific suggestions, observations etc. about the streams. For example:

- What do you think about the time? Would you like a shorter/longer stream?

- What format do you enjoy the most? 1 person gamplay, 2 person gameplay? contributors joining in? Developer Q&A? etc? 

- Any feature you would like to have?

- What do you think about the quality?

- etc

I am genuinely interested in what you think and since we are at the very beginning of our streaming activities, this is the perfect opportunity for us to listen to you and try to incorporate as much of your feedback and suggestions as possible. 

Keep your eyes on this topic, since I'll have a couple more updates for you soon :)  

P.S. I know that technically this is not in the correct section, but for now I'll leave it here and move it to the video section once the streams are more established and fleshed out. 

Geno1isme #38 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 44041 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostPh3lan, on 13 November 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread, but I would like to ask you for more specific suggestions, observations etc. about the streams. For example:

- What format do you enjoy the most? 1 person gamplay, 2 person gameplay? contributors joining in? Developer Q&A? etc? 

Well, there are many people providing us with gameplay streams already, so in my opinion you should focus on stuff that we can't see on other channels:

- Gameplay of Supertest vehicles (if possible)

- Previews on upcoming events / Analysis of past events (both virtual and real-world)

- Q+A stuff, esp. with devs

- Discussion about what is going on in the community (esp. from your point of view)

Regarding format, split the stream in 3 parts (assuming a two hour stream initially):

- Intro (10-30 minutes): the usual welcome ritual, summary about what's planned for this stream, talk about what's happened the past week and what you expect of the coming week (e.g. events, updates)

- Main feature (30-60 minutes): Showcase of Supertest Vehicles, Dev Q+A, focus discussion of hot topics, ...

- Community bonding (30-60 minutes): General Q+A, regular gameplay stuff

It really depends on what resources you actually have available, but providing us with just another regular gameplay stream would seem rather pointless to me. Of course you can and should still show gameplay, but that's not the thing I'd tune in for.

Aikl #39 Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26013 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

First off, it does not give me a quality impression that you're asking for feedback like this less than two days before the stream. Just seems like a knee-jerk PR response that wasn't planned. Unless you have a leash on developers or contributors, I can't really imagine you being able to bring them in on a two-day notice.

The stream will likely be quite allright, but this makes it appear more like some random guy suddenly decided to stream rather than a WGEU effort (which, judging from what we know about the amount of forum staff is not that far apart).

View PostPh3lan, on 13 November 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

Depends on content; I could listen to Nicholas Moran drone on about tank armor for an hour straight, but watching a streamer just playing the game can be insanely boring. I enjoy watching some streams, but I get my daily serving of WoT from playing already.

Time is probably a bit early. 18:00 is probably too soon for many Brits, and generally for the target group of WoT.

First off, I'm gonna put the important part here:

I'd love to see Circon or SirFoch trying their best in the TVP VTU against you (or a worse player, even) in a Defender. That's a serious suggestion, even though it's based on some WG guy's [edited] statement.

Anyway, I thought developers would be too busy to chat? 

Q&As would be nice, almost regardless of who, but I highly doubt it'll be successful. There are four main roads this can go down:

• Pointless plowing through easy and/or dumb questions like "are there hacks in the game?!??"
  • Getting questions you can't really give an answer to (very likely, given the last month of pure PR horror)
  • Make a mockery out of your forum communication (which is improving, but still)
  • Pure and unadulterated chaos, with totally random (?) picking of quesitons and no one bothering to make a transcript (you already stated that the NA (?) streams relies on some Reddit user to do those, that sounds like a stupid plan to be quite frank).

Still think Q&As would be more interesting through the forums than on-stream. Alternatively get your questions in advance. Use a voting system to allow us to choose the questions; remove duplicates, 'toxic stuff' and spam.

At this point it's not a bad idea to grow a pair, the Wargaming song of PR sounds like a castrato on a cardiopulmonary bypass.

One-person gameplay is more interesting in my eyes, unless there are two people that work good together. Synergy, I think they call it.

Contributors could be interesting, though I imagine that some of them would "scare off" portions of the audience. If I want to watch Quickybaby or SirFoch, I'll tune in to them - you need to make this interesting on it's own to be succesful. That being said, celebrities are not a problem if they're "used" right. I'd love to see Circon or SirFoch trying their best in the TVP VTU against you (or a worse player, actually) in a Defender, for instance.

Few things would make me happier than to have a certain (sadly former, and NA) WG guy play the TVP VTU against a Defender to prove a point. Well, look above for that, it's close enough.

Something along those lines would be funny anyway. Viewer's choice of tank to play. Rare ones would be interesting (though except that MTLG thing I doubt there's anything left at this point). Challenges, maybe? Arty duels? Map tactics (integrated into the stream, hopefully)?

(...)

P.S. I know that technically this is not in the correct section, but for now I'll leave it here and move it to the video section once the streams are more established and fleshed out. 

(...)

Sorry for going off-topic here, but I hope you'll give it a pass:

This kind of highlights how this forum's structure is rather flawed; there's only one subsection that gets any real attention.

I totally get why you keep the post here. It would would not be too bad - except that you still insist on using the 'announcements' section for ongoing gameplay issues. I kind of like that half the forum isn't filled with stickies (like the German forum is), but one stickied post for known bugs, if a server fudges up or if there's any ""planned"" ""maintenance"" would not be too much to ask.

Edited by Aikl, 13 November 2017 - 08:28 PM.

psychobear #40 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19103 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostPh3lan, on 13 November 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

- etc

I am genuinely interested in what you think and since we are at the very beginning of our streaming activities, this is the perfect opportunity for us to listen to you and try to incorporate as much of your feedback and suggestions as possible.

I would love to see that long-haired WG guy (sorry, can't remember his name) showing us live how he obliterates Defenders in his TVP VTU. Can we have that, please please please... pretty please? :girl:

Also, since there are plenty of streams with great gameplay, my humble suggestion is to concentrate as much as possible on stuff like Q&A, news, work in progress (as much as you can disclose, of course)... this kind of things.

Also tagged with Stream, Discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users