Wargaming FB/Twitch Streams Discussion Thread

Stream Discussion

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

TankkiPoju #41 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20087 battles

Tbh this is just another "we are making changes and listening to community" smoke screen.

Every other competent developer would have rolled back the changes with contacts and friends list, and went back to fixing the issues in private, but not WG. Because reasons. Not even when a game is as popular as WoT. 

brumbarr #42 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 14 November 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Tbh this is just another "we are making changes and listening to community" smoke screen.

Every other competent developer would have rolled back the changes with contacts and friends list, and went back to fixing the issues in private, but not WG. Because reasons. Not even when a game is as popular as WoT. 

You cant roll back something that didnt change can you? 

There where NO changes with thr friends or contactlist, the chatservers just decided one day to say no.

jabster #43 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

You cant roll back something that didnt change can you? 

There where NO changes with thr friends or contactlist, the chatservers just decided one day to say no.

I’m assuming that the problems on the NA server are related and that happened months before the EU problems. Is the RU server having the same issues?

Igor_BL #44 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38932 battles
  • [GX] GX

Ph3lan, i would like you to discuss on stream about cheats and how the support/wg deals with them.

It is end time to explain to people, that you - WG, do nothing about reported cheaters.
That sending tickets about that is useless.
It is ok to even stream using cheats.
If it pass your anticheat system, you are doing nothing about that.
With all the evidence you can get (replays with obvious cheats, streams, screenshoots) you will still do nothing.
It would be fair to tell people, how are things working around here.

I will c/p post from another suggestion thread.

View PostIgor_BL, on 14 November 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Make announcment about forbiden mods.

Inform players that support does not review our reports, that we will get generic answer.
So we stop sending replays with cheating mods.
Also, inform your playerbase that you dont ban people after receiving such replays, or when they are showed in public.
Bonus, tell people you have done nothing after that topics with screenshoots from that former NOMI  player/streamer using Tundra mod.
All you have done in that case, you erased opening post of that thread, becuase naming and shaming.

That Naming and shaming is really big thing for the WG obviosly. In difference from cheating, which is not big deal.

Come out, come clear. Tell us you are doing nothing to stop and punish cheating, manually. Everything about that is done by your system.
And that there is no point reporting players abusing this game and ruining it to the majority of us that play fair.

Thanks,

Igor.

ZlatanArKung #45 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 13 November 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hey all!

New info coming in! As discussed earlier in this thread it makes more sense to move the weekly WoT stream to Wednesday. This way we are not colliding with QBs stream and you can enjoy WoT streams on more days of the week. So, the next stream is happening on Wednesday 15th November between 18:00  and ~20:00 CET. For now the plan is that I'll stream and hopefully I can get some Contributors can join me for some platooning :) As usual I'll try to answers the questions in the chat to the best of my knowledge. 

I appreciate all the feedback in this thread, but I would like to ask you for more specific suggestions, observations etc. about the streams. For example:

- What do you think about the time? Would you like a shorter/longer stream?

- What format do you enjoy the most? 1 person gamplay, 2 person gameplay? contributors joining in? Developer Q&A? etc? 

- Any feature you would like to have?

- What do you think about the quality?

- etc

I am genuinely interested in what you think and since we are at the very beginning of our streaming activities, this is the perfect opportunity for us to listen to you and try to incorporate as much of your feedback and suggestions as possible. 

Keep your eyes on this topic, since I'll have a couple more updates for you soon :)  

P.S. I know that technically this is not in the correct section, but for now I'll leave it here and move it to the video section once the streams are more established and fleshed out. 

If I was searching for half decent gameplay in WoT, I can play myself. So the gameplay quality is not something that will attract me at all.

What can attract me is.

1: if you toon with someone and he/she has the possibility to ask questions about development in WoT, what is going on, direction of the game etc. And then you answer.  If you cant answer, you just say so and are try to see if you can find an answer in a week (for next stream).

2: invitation of wot developer to participate, or other 'WG' guests that can maybe explain or say stuff that is going to happen with certain current big whine subjects.

T8 MM and MM in general.

Arty

Premium ammo

Armour remodels (latest weird one being AT-2 and AT-8) in direction of removal of weakspots while making them weak to premium ammo.

And maybe thoughts on Ranked, why it didn't work beta season 2 (your change of rules in the end made that clear), what could be done better etc. A true skillbased mode?

In general, I am only interested in development talks and if different community guys can be invited to ask questions and you (or another WG staff) answers, try to answer.

Ph3lan #46 Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18568 battles
  • [WG] WG

Thanks for the feedback you provided guys! :great: 

Also: As you probably know we manage to managed to botch the last stream, I am still salty about that :facepalm: However we found the problem and the WoWS stream the following day went great which means that nothing is stopping us from having a great stream next week on Wednesday at the usual time, between 18:00 and 20:00 CET.

MrConway found a way for our giveaways on the stream that is even better than the one we have been using until now and we don't even need to spam the chat with it. So, hopefully next week we can see that in action. I might be able to give you a bit of a hint about our community activities for December as well :) Other than that we can answer some questions, take part in the march of nations, play the tortoise to grind for the Badger and I might even have a guest joining me. 

I am out for the weekend, until Monday Kandly will take care of you guys here on the forums. See you next week, have a great weekend and try out the Public test!

- Ph3lan

XULQI #47 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33441 battles

1. For giveaways please make sure same players don't win again. 
2. keep some time for Q/A other than gameplay at end.

3. see you every wednesday, keep up the good work, its always nice to communicate or see you guys play. 

Danger__UXB #48 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9647 battles

Ideas for your stream..

• Get the CC,s to go 1 v1 in a 'Battle of the titans'..
  • Get the CC,s to form subscriber type 'Contributer wars' and showcase it on your channel.
  • Get some CC,s to form a 3 man platoon and play randoms/Grand battles...and the one with the best damage after 5 games gets  to pick a tank to give away
  • As above^^...But mix and match with some 'Pro' players..

Edit;..As you can see the list could be endless ^^..

Edited by Danger_UXB_, 23 November 2017 - 09:51 AM.

HundeWurst #49 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69026 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well can I asked questions here as well? and you answer them on stream?

If yes: Why is there no new tier 10 reward tank for the next campaign?

Also are there some VODs somewhere to watch these things later if you miss them?

qpranger #50 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32151 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 24 November 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

If yes: Why is there no new tier 10 reward tank for the next campaign?

If they offered WT auf E100 as the reward tank, would you be happy with that?

HundeWurst #51 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69026 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

If they offered WT auf E100 as the reward tank, would you be happy with that?

No since that tank is broken, even in the newest form. I would like to see one of the already existing tanks added as a reward: Object 777and such.

Ph3lan #52 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

• WG Staff
  • 18568 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys!

We are going live in around 20 minutes on FB and the brand new twitch.tv/worldoftanks  channel which we will use for all our future twitch stream. Drop by and join us! :) (Also don't forget to follow because this channel will be used for the #Tankmas End of the Year activities and giveaways as well) More info on the stream!

We are also testing a new version of the giveaway system, so let's test it and giveaway some stuff :)

Long_Range_Sniper #53 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 31855 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
An update on chat would be appreciated! 

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 29 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

An update on chat would be appreciated! 

That's funny. Almost as funny as this:

Come on...

View PostAikl, on 29 November 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

That's funny. Almost as funny as this:

[The Defender] "It's not that OP?"

Image result for minion spitting popcorn gif

Aikl #54 Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25296 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 29 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

[The Defender] "It's not that OP?"

(...)

Here's an actual tip, though, turn off platoon invites from non-friends. There was some rough language at times. In related news:

Quite entertaining for being normal gameplay, I'll give you that. Might need to advertise it a bit more next time... 70-100 viewers at any given time...

Edited by Daxeno, 28 March 2018 - 12:37 PM.

Ph3lan #55 Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

• WG Staff
  • 18568 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostAikl, on 29 November 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Looool, nice one :) But seriously, I think people are overestimating the tank quite a bit. It is pretty damn good, but hearing people talk about it, they make it sound like it can oneshot the whole enemy team with a single shell. 

View PostAikl, on 29 November 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Here's an actual tip, though, turn off platoon invites from non-friends. There was some rough language at times. In related news:

Will do good point. 

Quite entertaining for being normal gameplay, I'll give you that. Might need to advertise it a bit more next time... 70-100 viewers at any given time...

There will be a lot of promotion starting in December

Long_Range_Sniper #56 Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 31855 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPh3lan, on 29 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Looool, nice one :) But seriously, I think people are overestimating the tank quite a bit. It is pretty damn good, but hearing people talk about it, they make it sound like it can oneshot the whole enemy team with a single shell. 

I think you need to check out the wincurves for this tank. You literally can't lose more games than you normally would in this tank if you tried.

CXxAehn.jpg

It's the tank that's going to raise your winrate from tomato to unicum. 

Aikl #57 Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25296 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPh3lan, on 29 November 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Regardless it livens up the stream a bit. :P

Some information in stream might be a good idea. Schedule, how the giveaways work ...come to think about it, I haven't received a message about that yet. Not in dire need of boosters, but might be a good idea to write that they'll be sent soonTM.

Edited by Aikl, 30 November 2017 - 08:46 AM.

Havenless #58 Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Can I have Kandly's Skype?

papageo_cy #59 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 62516 battles
  • [RSX] RSX

Last night's stream was only on 1080p and it was difficult for me to watch. Too much lag and was buffering for a long time.

I don't know if it was a problem from my side or you can choose which quality can the viewer choose.

I tried with Firefox and Chrome without any difference.

Havenless #60 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postpapageo_cy, on 30 November 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Last night's stream was only on 1080p and it was difficult for me to watch. Too much lag and was buffering for a long time.

I don't know if it was a problem from my side or you can choose which quality can the viewer choose.

I tried with Firefox and Chrome without any difference.

You can reduce the quality from your own end if it was a twitch stream.

Also tagged with Stream, Discussion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users