But i am on the alecto... i really want the fv :(

etody77 #62 Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78524 battles
  • [JMA] JMA

View PostPro_Auda, on 09 November 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

But i am on the alecto... i really want the fv :(

you have 1 month, buy some personal reserves, premium account...

Azdak01 #63 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41205 battles

type59-patton with his high weakspot on turret is the useless tank ever, here no more pen or dmg useful, cut this crapweakspot! This is your maindoing, the same like nef from Hellcat, this is obsolete with all the new patched turretTD's, are wait, 60% of non turret TD's rotate faster and drive faster like the crapHellcat!. Nerf this NEW premiumtanks!

No money from me, without any balancing of my favorites!

Pantzer #64 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21180 battles

View PostManaFortress, on 09 November 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

HD maps where never promised to be released this year.

It is likley they want to finish converting some more of the SD maps into HD before they introduce HD maps,

since once they make the HD map change, they will nolonger be able to have SD maps in the game anymore.

(Since the HD maps use a different game engine.)

To only have 12 Maps is probably too few, especially since many of them have teir restrictions, so they will probably wait untill they have converted more maps to HD.

The fact that they are just about to release another SD map for grand battles, should imply that HD map introduction is still not coming anytime soon.

I assume that atleast one grand battles map will need to be converted into HD before HD maps are to be released, else they would need to disable that gamemode.

They have said that they will not release HD maps before all maps are HD (this includes Grand Battle maps). In the video first showing the HD maps there was a interview where one of them said it takes about 3 month per map, so considering that it will probably first be somewhere mid or late next year before they are released.

Lerxst2012 #65 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 66720 battles

So I see the new French heavy lines start at tier 8.  

Guess I will need to buy the tier 7 AMX heavy again NOW to enable me to get enough XP to research the new tier 8 when the patch arrives.

I may have missed it (but dont think so as I read the patch release twice) how much XP does one need to research the new tier 8 French heavy?  would have been good if you could have provided a picture of the tech tree with the details in it.

Be good if anyone knows the answer to post the figure.

Thanks in advance.

fighting_falcon93 #66 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32560 battles

View PostCommunity, on 09 November 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Read up on new French heavy tanks and vehicle rebalances, plus more!
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-921-preview/">The full text of the news item</a>

If it's true that you plan to throw out Obj.263 from tier 10, I really think that you should scrap that idea. First of all it's a unique TD with a unique playstyle, and secondly, it's not appreciated when players have to invest months of grinding a tank they want, and then suddenly you just replace it with something else. In the case of the FV215b (183), we atleast get to keep it, but I have no idea who came up with the extremely bad idea of moving the Obj.263 to tier 9? The Obj.263 line is already consistent, so why change it? If it's underperforming, buff it, but leave it at tier 10.

View PostCobra6, on 09 November 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

A good player in a Superpershing can do a lot in a match, a bad one shows his weakspots at the wrong time and swiftly dies, that is how it should be.

That being said the SuperPershing maybe has too many weakspots where the Maus/Type5 have none at all. A weakspot is an area that can be penned reliably by guns of the same tier and one tier below using standard ammo.

If a Maus/Type5 is not angled, you *SHOULD* be able to pen it through weakspots every single time because the tank is not played right.

Currently even flat on these weakspots have more armour than same tier tanks have penetration, in other words these tanks are compensating for a bad playstyle entirely.

Cobra 6

"A good player"... there you have the first problem. You expect everyone to play as good as you. They can't design the game according to unicums, because then the skillfloor will be so high that most average players can't even enjoy the game.

You say "can do a lot". You know a Leopard 1 and Batchat 25t with no armor at all can do a lot aswell, so that's not really relevant here, is it? We're talking about armor, not whether you can do a lot or not. I've shot a lot of Superpershings myself and I know that as soon as they show their "thing" on the turret, they're easy as hell to pen on medium to short distance. A tank does not have good armor because you manage to pull X damage in it, but because you can use its armor reliably. Having the kind of armor that Superpershing does is a total waste of weight, because if you will get penned as soon as you show your turret, you might aswell have no armor at all.

Your idea of armor balance is a massive logical fallacy. Let me explain. The purpose of any tank with armor is to use it's armor to both protect itself from shots, but also to bait shots from the enemy so that tanks without armor can peek out from cover safely. Now imagine that you have an angled Maus in front of you, will you shoot at it? No, because you know that you'll not pen it anyway. This creates a stalemate situation, because you wait for the Maus to stop angeling, the Maus waits for you to shot and the rest of the paper tanks waits for you to shoot so that they can peek and shoot you. Eventually someone loses his patience and peeks anyway, upon he gets shots instead and everyone ignores the angled Maus.

In case we want the Maus to play as a defensive bunker that camps base, this is working as intended. If we want the Maus to play as a breakthrough tank, it's definitely not working as intended. The way of fixing this problem is to allow the Maus to push even though enemies are shooting at it, as long as the shots are coming from the front. This means that the front should be weakspot-free and the sides should not need any weakspots if shot from a close-to 90 degree angle.

I know that you're not agreeing with me right now, but that's because we have different visions of this game. You want an arcade peek-a-boo whack-a-mole game where you drive up 10 meters in front of your enemies, slap them in the face until they're dead, then press battle again and repeat the process. I want a more tactical game where you actually have to flank heavily armored targets in order to do any damage at all and where strategy is of bigger importance than memorizing weakspots of different tanks.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 09 November 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Vildkortet #67 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16912 battles
  • [BENGT] BENGT

And dont forget to rebuff the T110E5. Protect that cupola again. Its now worthless against IS7 and the new Chinese 5A and also IS4. The new SC is also a better option nowdays. 

Think all the way when making buffs and nerfs....

Edited by Vildkortet, 09 November 2017 - 07:00 PM.

Tukkan #68 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15856 battles
French expansion? I would rather see Czechoslovak expansion. TDs, maybe SPGs ... There are some sketches that can be found on the internet. These vehicles were intended to enter production, but WW2 and communists changed that. In addition, CS produced its own version of soviet TDs, SPGs, like it's in current Chinese tech tree.

Animalul2012 #69 Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36584 battles

View PostCobra6, on 09 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Not actually that shabby and that map looks interesting as well.

What I wonder though is: Will the Maus and Type4/5 be brought back down to normal levels with weakspots that are viable for same tier standard ammo, or will they hold their "weakspots" that have more flat armour than standard ammo has pen? You know, properly balancing the game and such......

So for T10 maximum armour thickness on a weakspot ~230/240mm and for the T9 maximum thickness on a weakspot ~210/220mm.

Cobra 6

No maus and type 5 heavy will keep theyre armor! Why? Because [edited]premium ammo thats why! Remove it or limit it to 6 rounds on each tank. Also why you want maus and type 5 armor nerf? They dont have mobility they dont have great guns like you obj 140 and they dont have camo at all so pls stop complaining. Also the only problem is the type 5 derp gun thats the only one and you think that the soviets or the allies will had any chance to fight the maus and the e100? yeah good luck doing 1vs1

Saykecske #70 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14231 battles
  • [HEFFY] HEFFY
New map, wow

Pjovejas #71 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18116 battles
  • [LTUSP] LTUSP
did I understand correctly? New map only for tier10? :( (because they say only for battles 30vs30)

Edited by Pjovejas, 09 November 2017 - 07:22 PM.

AxuTheOne #72 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13409 battles
Buff the IS 6 so you can pen something... :angry:

drde #73 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 57891 battles
  • [BBG] BBG

I liked really to play the Tortoise, but now it is Edited  useless. Just did a game and everyone shoots in the cupula/weak spot. It's like having a big cross on it, aim here :D. I just keep it for nostalgic reasons, same like type 59 or kv-5 (which are useless imho too). So if I ever have a chance of driving the tortoise again without being only shot in the hatchet, would really love it, so i hope something will be done about that, yes. But I didn't see anything about that for the patch ,so who knows.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 11 November 2017 - 12:35 PM.

Search_Warrant #74 Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28753 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
AT buffs? no matter how you buff them they will still suck. flat armor with giant cupola weak spots and disgusting trashcannons for the tier they are in. if you buff them the way you buffed the turreted line or the RU251, we already know whats gonna happen. another useless "buff"

FluffyRedFox #75 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 26213 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Yay! New map and lines!

HansiVonHinten #76 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49953 battles

Wargamings christmas gift this year:

"Early" information about 9.21 update, merry christmas.

Archons #77 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21635 battles

Grand Battles ???? Only played this 2 or 3 times. I dont know what chance is to play it but must be 0.00001% for me. WG... no need to say anything else.

NoPoet406 #78 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2444 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
Hang on... are they removing the Deathstar tank? So they took away the famous British tank which can actually kill things instead of just dealing 3 times less damage than everyone else. Next up they'll be removing the Cromwell too.

Berto72 #79 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66300 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostKLguns, on 09 November 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

New maps for RANDOM BATTLES, Edited 

And WHERE are the HD maps???????????

you know im hammer WG when it's needed.

But for this im with WG.

HD maps a re really good job, but take a lot of works to set properly all, from new objects physics to detail and FPS for low performance PC.

maps are a lot and totally reworked, but WG wants, and im agree, that playstyle for each map will be sostantially untouched despite new ambients.

I tested on Sandbox: Tracers, texture, FX are really impressive. every environement is now more specific, from desert and so on.

Give them the right time to finish this job.

Edited by VMX, 11 November 2017 - 12:38 PM.

ticklemonster #80 Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56142 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
Looks at schematics for Klondike map; "Well, hello again Northwest... wow, you have got fat!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users