Thursday 9th November 2017

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

arthurwellsley #1 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51259 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I initiated gameplay this morning at 9.31am. I had no clan chat. I tried to find the ingame "forumites" channel, but it was unavailable. I looked to see if I had a "friends list" but it was "timed out". I could therefore not create a platoon with friends from my regular list, from my clan, or from the forumites channel.

In the end I decided to use a two hour personal reserve alone. But despite a 57.5% win rate and 1800wn8 session I felt my gameplay was overly restricted, and the premium time I had paid for was delivering to me a gameplay experience at a lower standard than advertised. The gameplay that I had purchased, with my premium time, was being able to interact with platoon mates. World of Tanks is described afterall as an MMO. But if due to software glitches I have forced to play alone, has my gameplay become not an MMO?

Should anyone without friends list, ingame forumites channel, and even clan channel be re-imbursed the price they paid for premium time given that the gameplay experience was not as advertised?

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Did you really have to create another thread about this? How did you manage to loose sense of an MMO game when you played with 29 other players in each battle? You could easily invite someone from your battles to platoon together. It was clearly mentioned that we're gonna get compensation when things settle down.

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51259 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 09 November 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Did you really have to create another thread about this? How did you manage to loose sense of an MMO game when you played with 29 other players in each battle? You could easily invite someone from your battles to platoon together. It was clearly mentioned that we're gonna get compensation when things settle down.

I am aware of the comment about receiving one order and one girl crew in compensation for the badly written software not working as advertised for missions going missing.

Was it also supposed to cover no clan chat, no ingame channels and no friends list?

Was the compensation set to differentiate between free to play players, and players who had purchased premium time, to enjoy the advertised gameplay with platoon mates?

If so how was the premium time players compensation calculated?

Can you show me where it says that?

EDIT

The above was my original response to EXODUZ. But I decided to go searching. There is of course no pinned topic about this in the gameplay section. There should be because the gameplay section gets the most visits.

In the end I found a quote from Ph3lan yesterday in a thread in the annoucements section where he said;

"As far as the compensation is concerned, it doesn't make a lot of sense to send out the compensation while the actual problems are not entirely fixed, however as soon as we manage to get that done the minimum we are going to compensate you with is the previously promised female crew member and order. We are are also considering increasing the compensation since you guys have to put up with this for longer than expected. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused."

It's easy to find because it's entry #379.

Source = http://forum.worldof...0#entry14993810

Edited by arthurwellsley, 09 November 2017 - 12:16 PM.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Nice signature Exo :D

Cobra 6

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 November 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

I am aware of the comment about receiving one order and one girl crew in compensation for the badly written software not working as advertised for missions going missing.

Was it also supposed to cover no clan chat, no ingame channels and no friends list?

Was the compensation set to differentiate between free to play players, and players who had purchased premium time, to enjoy the advertised gameplay with platoon mates?

If so how was the premium time players compensation calculated?

Can you show me where it says that?

EDIT

The above was my original response to EXODUZ. But I decided to go searching. There is of course no pinned topic about this in the gameplay section. There should be because the gameplay section gets the most visits.

In the end I found a quote from Ph3lan yesterday in a thread in the annoucements section where he said;

"As far as the compensation is concerned, it doesn't make a lot of sense to send out the compensation while the actual problems are not entirely fixed, however as soon as we manage to get that done the minimum we are going to compensate you with is the previously promised female crew member and order. We are are also considering increasing the compensation since you guys have to put up with this for longer than expected. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused."

It's easy to find because it's entry #379.

Source = http://forum.worldof...0#entry14993810

The reason why I'm replying to you this way is because you always seemed like a reasonable person. Now it just seems like you're bored. It's useless to discuss compensation at this point and whether it's going to be sufficient. Yes, you found it yourself and it took you couple of minutes. Besides, complaining so much isn't good for you. Over time you'll find it easier to be negative than being positive. It's just a game man, there's no reason to make such a big deal out of it.

View PostCobra6, on 09 November 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Nice signature Exo :D

Cobra 6

;)

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51259 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 09 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

The reason why I'm replying to you this way is because you always seemed like a reasonable person. Now it just seems like you're bored. It's useless to discuss compensation at this point and whether it's going to be sufficient. Yes, you found it yourself and it took you couple of minutes. Besides, complaining so much isn't good for you. Over time you'll find it easier to be negative than being positive. It's just a game man, there's no reason to make such a big deal out of it.

;)

I guess you are correct I am a bit bored. I am usually a pretty positive person. I guess no platoons got to me. Then I got to thinking about team battles, but there are just so few English speaking teams in the team play section. There used to be a guy called falleneye who made random teams work but he seems to have stopped playing.

But back to no platoons, I went on to think about the differences for free to play and premium time players hence the first post.

But you are right, I should use my boredom more constructively.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 09 November 2017 - 01:02 PM.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22358 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 November 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

Should anyone without friends list, ingame forumites channel, and even clan channel be re-imbursed the price they paid for premium time given that the gameplay experience was not as advertised?

Not sure whether to take the post seriously as qpranger liked your post.

Yours,

Confused.

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51259 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 09 November 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yours,

Confused.

It was a geniune question by me. Subsequently with a little digging I sort of found an answer from Ph3lan (albeit not in the gameplay section where I expected it to be). However, I can emphathize with your confusion given the approbation of Queens Park Rangers. I suggest we both Run Away! (you can do it Bravely, but I am just going to go as fast as I can).

ogremage #9 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32844 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
I thought this was a quality low content post.

UrQuan #10 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19398 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 09 November 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Yours,

Confused.

When Arthur & the Hamster got fed up with WG's shenanigans & incompetence regarding the contact list / chat channel issues, you know things got serious. Can't fault their frustration imo, as i'ts been dragging on for weeks.

Myself, I've been peeved of about it as well, as i enjoy platooning, but WG made it such a challenging endeavour to check who's online, if you can check it at all. And then you can run into the issue, you can't join channels... not even your own clan channel at times...

qpranger #11 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
My problem is with the black list, yesterday I encountered an utterly useless single-cell organism on my team with about 10k matches and a 43% WR. Naturally I wanted to add that creature to my growing collection of similar beings residing on my black list, yet I was unable to do so. The black list is at least now visible (small mercies, eh), but you cannot perform any operations with it. Thus, to my great frustration, this unique specimen escaped registration.

ThebaldEagle #12 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 757 battles

I take the op`s post as a bad trolling attempt so 1/10

Its a old issue not really a new issue.

Maby OP thinks that WG will read his single post and react on it, even tru they are working on it allready.

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22358 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostUrQuan, on 09 November 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Myself, I've been peeved of about it as well, as i enjoy platooning, but WG made it such a challenging endeavour to check who's online, if you can check it at all. And then you can run into the issue, you can't join channels... not even your own clan channel at times...

When Bravely only found out on the forum that the in-game contacts list was broken, it was then, he realised, that he was all alone.

Now...where's my Oscar?

hson_hson #14 Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6487 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 November 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

The gameplay that I had purchased, with my premium time, was being able to interact with platoon mates. World of Tanks is described afterall as an MMO. But if due to software glitches I have forced to play alone, has my gameplay become not an MMO?

15v15 solo play is still MMO...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users