High Tier Medium Tanks Question - What Tank?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #61 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24071 battles

View PostEmeraldweed, on 21 November 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Ya try the very next battle, Fjords, get shot in the back at the very begging by a "teammate" for absolutely no f***ing reason before I could even get into a scouting location not that there are many on this sh*** map tbh apart from a few mountain goat locations that I was heading towards before I got shot in the back. Was going to suicide such was my annoyance for that but I thought better of it and moved to as forward a position as I dared being so very late to the party where a clueless arty clicked a place of the map I clearly was already covering unless he wanted me to f***ing suicide scout altogether before eventually some targets came my way and I somehow got scouted even though was well bush placed but got in a couple of shots then died trying to finish off the Skorpion.

Wouldn't have died if I wasn't shot in the back and had that much hp reduced but was going to be a total loss anyway because I hung around to see who shot me after the battle and was just staggered and the complete and utter lack of any skill whatsover by players that must surely have learned something playing this game tens of thousands of times. but just look in amazement at this utter crap morons I just kept getting so far today. This isn't just bad this is brain damaged bad.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3952581#fjords-tungstenhitman-hwk_12

And a look at the stats for today with this tank, 5 battles, 5 losses, I'm the constant in these battles so it's my fault obviously right? I've won every f***ing medal in light tanks possible but this is my fault just city maps, tiny maps and teams that melt? I only jest by the I know overall these things even out and will be better but REALLY testing my want to play this game today.

TungstenHitman #62 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24071 battles

View PostEmeraldweed, on 21 November 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

edit: just watched both of your replays, may i ask what equipment you use?

• binocs are unnecessary for your playstyle, vstab rammer + optics its a more ideal setup 
  • you seem to use autoaim alot while on close distance is perfectly ok  on long range shots its a waste of time, you would hit most of those shots if you manually aimed
  • you have a weird driving-playing camera angle, being able to see what happens infront of you is more important than where you are driving 
  • on ensk replay i would have gone for green passive or active spotting ( passive would be better because of your binocs) 

Well if you 3 marked that tank kudos to you both for doing that but most of all, playing that tank with such interest lol!! I guess I never really clicked with the SP l C either though I kinda do like both these tanks anyway but I'm clearly not getting the playstyle right and play it as a tank it isn't. Equipment? Binocs, Vents and Optics.. with the poor dpm and derp like shell velocity(which drives me insane) it sure ain't much of a brawler vs some of the other tier8 lights on offer, even lower tier autoloaders and lights can make short work of this tank tbh and it's not a hard target being a boat. 

I guess I want to play more up front and battling rather than sitting in a bush all battle long. I've played light tanks a lot in this game and I'm really done with the passive stuff. It also really looks bad for WN8 when spotting assist doesn't translate as damage etc which a player look like a bit of tool that does nothing tbh. I also got accidentally(I think) 1 shot by a teammate type4 at the start of a battle this evening getting nothing at all.

Here is how I would typically try and play this tank or at least like to play this tank, so maybe verts is the way to go? 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3954478#stats

Why auto-aim so much? Well I find this tank really nervous and wobbly, easy to flip over so sometimes I try and make do with a few auto-aim shots if I'm negotiating some rough terrain, heading towards building or like Mines, there's a T54 on a ridge above me just dying to drop down on my tank so needs constant looking lol! In this battle I autolock a TigerP to snap shot whenever I get the green pen indicator on a quick peak and retreat moves because I am very aware of the several TDs at the back of the map that would knock my turret off real quick and the French medium that can probably just about see me through the gap in the bushes there if he moves across which he keeps on doing. Probably left 2k damage damage behind me there no doubt about it and showed the enemy players more respect that I think they deserved at times but ya.. this is something like how I want to play this tank so, equipment suggestions? 

Emeraldweed #63 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10437 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 23 November 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Well if you 3 marked that tank kudos to you both for doing that but most of all, playing that tank with such interest lol!! I guess I never really clicked with the SP l C either though I kinda do like both these tanks anyway but I'm clearly not getting the playstyle right and play it as a tank it isn't. Equipment? Binocs, Vents and Optics.. with the poor dpm and derp like shell velocity(which drives me insane) it sure ain't much of a brawler vs some of the other tier8 lights on offer, even lower tier autoloaders and lights can make short work of this tank tbh and it's not a hard target being a boat. 

I guess I want to play more up front and battling rather than sitting in a bush all battle long. I've played light tanks a lot in this game and I'm really done with the passive stuff. It also really looks bad for WN8 when spotting assist doesn't translate as damage etc which a player look like a bit of tool that does nothing tbh. I also got accidentally(I think) 1 shot by a teammate type4 at the start of a battle this evening getting nothing at all.

Why auto-aim so much? Well I find this tank really nervous and wobbly, easy to flip over so sometimes I try and make do with a few auto-aim shots if I'm negotiating some rough terrain, heading towards building or like Mines, there's a T54 on a ridge above me just dying to drop down on my tank so needs constant looking lol! In this battle I autolock a TigerP to snap shot whenever I get the green pen indicator on a quick peak and retreat moves because I am very aware of the several TDs at the back of the map that would knock my turret off real quick and the French medium that can probably just about see me through the gap in the bushes there if he moves across which he keeps on doing. Probably left 2k damage damage behind me there no doubt about it and showed the enemy players more respect that I think they deserved at times but ya.. this is something like how I want to play this tank so, equipment suggestions? 

Told you already Vstab-rammer- optics is the optimal equipment for it.

This tank is the definition of support tank, especially because of the alpha. Play as scout at the first few minutes and then start making use of that gun, you will get most of your damage at the end of the game. If you play aggressive in the beginning then things will turn sour really fast.

Dont get frustrated at the tank, with more games it will ''click'' on you 

If you played leopard pta or 1  the playstyle is similar to this tank :P 

Check the screenshot i posted you can see the equipment- crew setup for it. i also played so many battles because i grinded pta + RU with it, still i need to grind 60k xp more for the RU but i reached 100% on moe and am afraid to touch it  xD (screenshot)

makiaki99 #64 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13189 battles
Vk 30 01 p is broken I have average 4k wn8 on that tank and the short 88 is just insane on tier 6.played 600 games with it just bcs it's Soo fun and had 1700 dmg on average and never camping

TungstenHitman #65 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24071 battles

And there it is, one medium tank down, one medium tank to go... the grind wasn't too bad, can't say I have a love for any of the two light tanks in this line to bother keeping. Next time it's on discount I'll purchase it since 30% at those levels are massive savings so while I usually have a "I want it now!" attitude towards most things I'm not completely stupid... at least in this instance lol. 

So what is the easier and better way to grind out the Leopard from stock? I take it the need for enhanced suspension is going to take up a slot? So what is my playstyle and loadout here then? What are the skills I should be carrying on crew? O and are those wing mirrors on that tank like a car? really? I know you need to see behind and all but...

fwhaatpiraat #66 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49185 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Nice. You really want the top gun. You really want the top turret. Without those, you will have a bad time. Enhanced suspension might be an option so you don't have to spend your xp on the suspension right away.

I suggest the standard vstab+rammer+optics and regarding crew skills: camo, view range, better gun handling and bia are all desirable. So pick what you like the most. I would not pick bia if you only have 1 or 2 skills trained and would not train repairs before the other skills.

shortfuse1418 #67 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26110 battles
  • [BYOB] BYOB

View Postdennez, on 20 November 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

You what????

How can you not get along with the 105? It's one of the most accurate, superbly handling guns in the game.. Why would you want to mount that pewpew gun?

have you tried with the long 88. The pen is good and the rate of fire is outstanding. It is great for perma  tracking and plays very similar to the Panther 1 but with half decent alpha. My only gripe is that I can't pen a maus if even slightly angled from distance but that is not just this tank. There is a really good replay on YouTube by Circonflexes which has a great example of what the long 88 can do. I admit that it is not everyone cup of tea I just prefer fast firing guns.

TungstenHitman #68 Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24071 battles

Hi guys, closing out the tier8 grind towards that final tier9 MT I've been looking for. Took longer than I thought and so I'm just looking for some final feedback on which you feel is the way to go since I won't be grinding another any time soon!! My heart was and still is, set on the single shooter tank, the AMX30 and keep in mind, I will NOT be taking on the tierX so this is exclusively a tier9 question.

Here are the guns for both

The BC 25t packs a really big mag of 6X300dmg shells while the downside is a really ugly 45 second reload during which all sorts of things can and will be happening around the battlefield you can't do a thing about during this long time. The AMX30 has a viscous ROF and meaty 390 alpha per shot on it which you can call on every few seconds and consistently whenever you want. This appeals to me more and the flexibility of the single shooter.. but just your final thoughts in case you have some game changing info for me?

TungstenHitman #69 Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24071 battles

And then suddenly it was done... 

Would have liked to have finished this tank off with an Ace battle in style but not to be, anyway, I finish with a 49% win rate, total horror show last few days but just a game so f*** it and I move on passed what was just a tier8 grind anyway. So... 3 choices, and I'll wait for a few answers from those that have these tanks. 

Watched the replays of the AMX 30 Brumbar posted when he was kind enough to blast through a few battles to show me it's worth... that said, he is excellent at this game and I am not.. I'm not BAD but... wonder which would be the more suitable, I'm still thinking the AMX 30

Edited by TungstenHitman, 11 December 2017 - 02:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users