strvs1 strv skills td swedish

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tomotorqemada #1 Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles
Hoi people
Any advice on the choice of 6th skill for swedish TD (strv s1 ++)? Cap and driver. Currently BIA, recon,mentor,snapshot,camo and BIA, offroad, deadeye, clutch and camo. SS not an option, please. Deiver mostly hesitates b/w taking designated and retraining offroad on 1 side and just doin reps on the other; some last battltes made me think of Impact too ^^ Respectively, Cap can take DT and retrain recon (which is basically of no real need given binos) or training reps. 

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
After repair, camo and bia.
You don't really need more skills on your guys.
Maybe firefighting after that.

HugSeal #3 Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
Uhhhm, no repairs on a tank that is completely dead in the waters with the tracks blown off?

SharpBlue #4 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54216 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Play a different tank maybe?

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 09 November 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

After repair, camo and bia.
You don't really need more skills on your guys.
Maybe firefighting after that.

You did not get it. They already have 5 skills. I am only asking about the 6th one

View PostHugSeal, on 09 November 2017 - 10:49 PM, said:

Uhhhm, no repairs on a tank that is completely dead in the waters with the tracks blown off?

Well, on a tank that is in most cases dead when spotted)) and with a big rep kit, so this is partly covered.. But yes, as u see I m considering reps too. Actually, 1 person takes reps in either case. 

HugSeal #6 Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostTomotorqemada, on 10 November 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

You did not get it. They already have 5 skills. I am only asking about the 6th one

Well, on a tank that is in most cases dead when spotted)) and with a big rep kit, so this is partly covered.. But yes, as u see I m considering reps too. Actually, 1 person takes reps in either case. 

I would definitely go with repairs on all crew. It's a tank everybody loves to shoot at, including arty. And faster repair of tracks will save your tank a lot, and prevent permatracking. This tank is even worse than regular casemates when tracked. Regular tds can still shoot, with the swedes you can't aim anywhere.

jack_timber #7 Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Onto sixth on UDES myself maybe firefighting considering amount of times these go up like a Roman Candle....

The light at the end of the tunnel gets dimmer and dimmer grinding these skills/perks. But using X2 crew XP makes it easier.

Tomotorqemada #8 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 10 November 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

I would definitely go with repairs on all crew. It's a tank everybody loves to shoot at, including arty. And faster repair of tracks will save your tank a lot, and prevent permatracking. This tank is even worse than regular casemates when tracked. Regular tds can still shoot, with the swedes you can't aim anywhere.

You definitely have a point. Would you have had reps already instead of some other skills they have? Instead of which ones then?)

Tomotorqemada #9 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 10 November 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Onto sixth on UDES myself maybe firefighting considering amount of times these go up like a Roman Candle....

The light at the end of the tunnel gets dimmer and dimmer grinding these skills/perks. But using X2 crew XP makes it easier.

Well as a matter of fact combo prem*prem*mentor makes it a visible process even without buffs, but yes. Hopefully skill #7 is already a marginal improvement thats not rly needed

ExclamationMark #10 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
Dude get repairs, seriously. :amazed:

Cobra6 #11 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Situational Awareness maybe to extend your viewrange? Didn't see that in the list. It provides more viewrange than the Recon skill and they do stack.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 10 November 2017 - 05:57 PM.

HugSeal #12 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostTomotorqemada, on 10 November 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

You definitely have a point. Would you have had reps already instead of some other skills they have? Instead of which ones then?)

My udes crew isn't as skilled of a crew as yours. I'm running rammer+binos+camonet.

It's the swedish crew from the event so they have BiA as standard.

6th+camo on commander.

camo->rep->traverse on driver

rep->camo on the radiodude.

Not sure why I went both repairs and camo at first. Might have been undecided so hedged my bets.

Good arguments can be made for both camo first and repair first on the tank but It should really be an early skill imo. You already get pretty good viewrange with binos and the repairs will save more often than some slightly reduced dispersion or slightly better ground resistances will.

Mentor is also prety iffy to grind on a tank with only two other crewmembers. If I remember correctly/it hasn't been changed mentor basically boosts the xp gian of all other crewmembers bya fixed amount. So in some 5 or 6 crew tank you will get a decent bost out of it since the commander boosts 4 or 5 other persons with some multiplier.

On a 3 crew tank you only get that multiplier for 2 other members resulting in far less actual raw xp gain. And you need quite a lot of skills learned with mentor active to actually gain xp from it compared to the xp invested to learn the skill in the first hand.

But you already have it trained fully so I guess you might as well keep it :)

Edited by HugSeal, 10 November 2017 - 06:31 PM.

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
In general.
I would say that the first 3 skills for Swedish TD should be.

Camo - Bia - Repair
With commander having SS.

Then after those most important skills are done.
Then view range stuff, fire fighting.
And then other perks in no particular order.

Tomotorqemada #14 Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostCobra6, on 10 November 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Situational Awareness maybe to extend your viewrange? Didn't see that in the list. It provides more viewrange than the Recon skill and they do stack.

Cobra 6

Situational awareness is a radio skill. Radioguy sure has it next to camo.

View PostHugSeal, on 10 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

My udes crew isn't as skilled of a crew as yours. I'm running rammer+binos+camonet.

It's the swedish crew from the event so they have BiA as standard.

6th+camo on commander.

camo->rep->traverse on driver

rep->camo on the radiodude.

Not sure why I went both repairs and camo at first. Might have been undecided so hedged my bets.

Good arguments can be made for both camo first and repair first on the tank but It should really be an early skill imo. You already get pretty good viewrange with binos and the repairs will save more often than some slightly reduced dispersion or slightly better ground resistances will.

Mentor is also prety iffy to grind on a tank with only two other crewmembers. If I remember correctly/it hasn't been changed mentor basically boosts the xp gian of all other crewmembers bya fixed amount. So in some 5 or 6 crew tank you will get a decent bost out of it since the commander boosts 4 or 5 other persons with some multiplier.

On a 3 crew tank you only get that multiplier for 2 other members resulting in far less actual raw xp gain. And you need quite a lot of skills learned with mentor active to actually gain xp from it compared to the xp invested to learn the skill in the first hand.

But you already have it trained fully so I guess you might as well keep it :)

Many good points, thank You. Here's the deal, though: strvcmp.jpg 

The camo matter was the factor resolving my doubts with the second skill.  As the active parameter is the mean of the crewmen' values, i did not want to fall 33% short off that result. In my vision, thera 2 kinds of tds - the ones (front)armored as Fort Knox and the ones who live till spotted. Given that, exempli causa, my t9 scout froze somewhere below 800 camo, that gives a real chance to outsit many. Then comes into play the absence of an actual ballistic therapist in swedes, id est 2 skill i deem crucial - the +crit and snapshot - have to be taken by cap and frog. 

Mentor is smth i find quite rafty even 4 a small crew. As it has (obviously) been in team training mode since day1, you  can account for mentor (might be mistaken) as 2/3*10%=6.7% fix exp bonus. With a double premium that yields some 15 % extra to the basic value. And I also thought froggy should really take the twister, as turning around is basically the only thing this tub is doin most of the time^^. Increasing a physical parameter looks somehow specifically appealing. And as for the spotting skills - well, this idea comes naturally from the camo matter, lol. The thing is - i am really in favour of permanent LOS, as this girl is very smart and relocates quite a lot, so side spot allows to steer ago the way so as to be on a safe side, spotwise. these considerations affected cap and sparks (via recon and sit.awareness respectively).

Firefighting as cheap as 2 directives is such a perfect match (pun unintended) that I go with it so far.
As for SS - i dont like cheaty magic crickets, even if they are legal. I run it on one of the scout crews, as a control group,lol, and find it way overrated. In most cases this lamp means that souls of your crew have just soared above the roasted bulldozer. At the end of the day, there is mentor (which eventually stops making any sense) that can be exchanged for SS.
Thank ye all

Tomotorqemada #15 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 10 November 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

In general.

Camo - Bia - Repair

So - no twister, no crits, no snap?? damnit i dont get damaged THAT often!

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostTomotorqemada, on 11 November 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

In general, no.

But for heavies, y our only need repair and SS before other stuff.

Firefighting is good if you play with food and remove fire extinguishers. If you don't play with food, y our don't need fire fighting. 

Tomotorqemada #17 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 11 November 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

In general, no.

Firefighting is good if you play with food and remove fire extinguishers. If you don't play with food, y our don't need fire fighting. 

I play with food and firefighting directive))))))))))) so maybe as a 7th skill..

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostTomotorqemada, on 11 November 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

In general, no.

Tomotorqemada #19 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 11 November 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

In general, no.

something wrong with forum again, your new post was substituted by the old one ^-(

Tomotorqemada #20 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16254 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 10 November 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

In general.

Camo - Bia - Repair

View PostHugSeal, on 10 November 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

Having taken heed to what had been said here, I now rerolled the Sparks, so that he (she) has reps as a 3d skill now. Hope this will help)))

Also tagged with strvs1, strv, skills, td, swedish

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users