How can WoT be better

updates improvement spanish tanks italian tanks premium tanks wot better improve game actualization

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

juanwot7 #1 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14988 battles

Hey guys! I feel inspired and have been thinking in some ways I think WG could improve world of tanks, to make it a better game and make it last for a lot of years so we can keep enjoying it. I will divide this topic in areas, and obviously, if you have any suggestion, feel free to post it here. Between, sorry if i make any mistake during this post, english is not my mother languaje.

1.- Premium tanks:

In the last years, WG has decided to retire from the shop the preferential MM tanks and start to put in the game some tanks that are clearly better than their standard counterparts, wich is very frustrating for free-to-play players. I see this as a mistake, because although it may be good at short term, it makes the game less fun and if they continue this way, people will get fed up and stop playing, wich would be disastrous for WG and also for all the people out there that enjoy this great game. 

So, wich is my suggestion? We all know what is fun in WoT, and that is when you get a top tier match up. So why don't just make that premium tanks get preferential MM? By doing these, you can pay them if you want to ensure to be in the top part of the list when you play a game, and have a ton of fun without necessarily making the premium tank OP. I really think this is a good way to keep earning money without destroying the MM.

2.- Maps:

Talking about the maps, I have to say that WG has done a fairly good job. I like the variety and the future HD maps. But as always, i would want more. Not necesarily new ones, but to put back in the game sold old maps such as serene coast, port, pearl river or dragon's ridge... wich i really miss.

Also, i would love to have bigger and smaller maps, because always play in the 1x1 km maps can be boring some times. A 1,5x1,5 for example can be a ton of fun to play with your lights or with your long range snipers, while heavys can have fun by playing a 800x800 meters map.

3.- New content:

Althought i can't complain about it, because they have released a lot of it in the last years, there are still a lot of nations that could be included into the game. I will make a list below;

Polish tanks: Althought they are alredy in the game (at least the pudel) i wanted to mention them here. A possible tank line could be: The bottom tiers could be some early 20th century polish prototypes, then, for the mid tiers they could use some captured german tanks with some variations on they characteristics. And finally, for the top tiers, they could include some soviet tanks gave to the polish in the Warsaw pact.

Italian tanks: Even though we all know they weren't very good, I think WG could do some of their magic and still be able to set up a enjoyable Italian tank line, maybe by including a lot of protoypes or borrowed German tanks. 

Spanish tanks: There arent many, but i think they could start the line with some Spanish prototypes, such as the Trubia, then puting in some borrowed german and soviet tanks used during the Civil War and finally some modern tanks used by spanish army, like Leopard modifications.

And why not, break the tier 10 barrier and introduce modern tanks with maybe, diferent game mechanics. I really think that can be great to add more variety into the game.

4.- Gold Ammo:

I know there is a lot of anger about this in the comunity, so i want to give my opinion with some arguments. Well, obviously, gold ammo has to get some advantages against regular ammo. But sometimes, you just feel that you have to use them to even be able to put one single shot in. What that means, is that you have to pay to have fun, wich is horrific. Why not give them an accuracy, shell velocity, or even aim time instead of penetration? By doing that, you will pay to have MORE fun, but if you shoot well you can pen, and therefore have fun with normal rounds too.

5.- Friendly Fire:

This is just ridiculous. No way to defend it. Just remove it FOREVER. How many times were you playing your arty and some random idiot in your team killed you because he doesn't like artys? How many times a donkey ruined your game by shooting you for fun? And how many times have you hit/being hit by accident in a crossfire? This doesn't make neither WG, the players or the game any good. It certainly feels like it ruins it. And as I said: What does WG win? With gold ammo they earn money indirectly, but i cant see a benefit on this stupid mechanic. They just get players angry or banned, wich isn't good for anyone.

I will leave it here for today guys, but i will keep updating this post as soon as new ideas come to my mind. I would really apreciate if you could (politely) correct any grammatical or ortographic mistake i made. Also, feel free to coment everything you think can help to make this game more enjoyable, and who knows. Maybe WG would listen to our prays some day. 

Cheers, juanwot7 

Edited by juanwot7, 15 November 2017 - 07:51 AM.

sgtYester #2 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54403 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

u forgot 2 things:

p2w ammo which negates armor,   wg needs to remove that crapand give heavy tanks some hard to hit weakspots.  (not like the turds on e5 and tortoise)

arty, this class is as broken as ever.

maps, yes we need new ones , bigger ones and no corridor maps like paris.  we need more maps like stalingrad.  , malinovka. 

but wg is dumbing the game down big time. 

removal of weakspots; just spam gold and u will pen

corridor maps like paris where u can go 2 ways and do a shootout.

arty rework making arty better than ever, just point and click

JakeRoook #3 Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 260 battles

1. Remove comfort monetization sistem including all premium advantages.

2. Maybe change spot mechanics for more playability, so radio transmit will affect less on targets behind forests and buildings.

Or if not those two, just obey RR to avoid skill evaluation misunderstanding and for normal community formating.

Edited by JakeRoook, 10 November 2017 - 06:03 PM.

cragarion #4 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44034 battles

The best thing this game could possible do to get better is:

1/ Get rid of all the noobs,

2/ Get rid of all the wingers and whiners.

Knight_Zao #5 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29001 battles

Game is fine, its the idiots that play it thats the problem.

JakeRoook #6 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 260 battles

View Postcragarion, on 10 November 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

If you get rid of new players, who you will be playing with?

View PostKnight_Zao, on 10 November 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Game is fine, its the idiots that play it thats the problem.

And those who create p2w ratings and put its signatures in forums

Edited by JakeRoook, 10 November 2017 - 06:19 PM.

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #7 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16960 battles

1. Give us back the old MM from... 9.17 i think.

2. Remove Arta.

cragarion #8 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44034 battles

View PostJakeRoook, on 10 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

If you get rid of new players, who you will be playing with?

I'll be playing with the good players just like i do now,

hopefully the ones with brains who know XVM  and stats mean nothing,

stat padders give stats a false reading, just because you have thousands of battles in the only 2 tanks you are good in to become a uni does not make you a good player,

players who don't care about stats and do things that help their team but damage their stats, may have bad stats but it does not make them a bad player,

Try turning down all clan invites and play nothing but randoms for 40k battles see how that effects your so called stats.

Edited by cragarion, 10 November 2017 - 06:29 PM.

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 10 November 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

u forgot 2 things:

p2w ammo which negates armor,   wg needs to remove that crapand give heavy tanks some hard to hit weakspots.  (not like the turds on e5 and tortoise)

arty, this class is as broken as ever.

maps, yes we need new ones , bigger ones and no corridor maps like paris.  we need more maps like stalingrad.  , malinovka. 

but wg is dumbing the game down big time. 

removal of weakspots; just spam gold and u will pen

corridor maps like paris where u can go 2 ways and do a shootout.

arty rework making arty better than ever, just point and click

http://forum.worldof...-5k-gold-prize/

sgtYester #10 Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54403 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View Postcragarion, on 10 November 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

this would also include u ...lol

http://www.noobmeter...33EB22D1A94F490

low tier statspadder and 51% win rate:child:

Slyspy #11 Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjuanwot7, on 10 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

1.- Premium tanks:

In the last years, WG has decided to retire from the shop the preferential MM tanks and start to put in the game some tanks that are clearly better than their standard counterparts, wich is very frustrating for free-to-play players. I see this as a mistake, because although it may be good at short term, it makes the game less fun and if they continue this way, people will get fed up and stop playing, wich would be disastrous for WG and also for all the people out there that enjoy this great game. 

So, wich is my suggestion? We all know what is fun in WoT, and that is when you get a top tier match up. So why don't just make that premium tanks get preferential MM? By doing these, you can pay them if you want to ensure to be in the top part of the list when you play a game, and have a ton of fun without necessarily making the premium tank OP. I really think this is a good way to keep earning money without destroying the MM.

People are now of the opinion that tier eight MM is in trouble under the template system. What they forget is that tier eight MM has been rather dysfunctional for a long while under the old MM as well. This was partly due to pref MM premium vehicles diluting the pool of available tier eights. WG have decided that pref MM is a thing of the past, and rightly so. I just wish they would withdraw such tanks from sale and complete the job. 

Havenless #12 Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Remove arty

cragarion #13 Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44034 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 10 November 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

this would also include u ...lol

http://www.noobmeter...33EB22D1A94F490

low tier statspadder and 51% win rate:child:

That would be me would it , strange that link says i'm above average in efficiency, and good wn7 and good wn8 so how does that make me a noob ?.

and i'm not a low tier stat padder, my 3 highest battle counts are t7 t8 and t9,

i prefer to play mid tier tanks just like i prefer to play tds,

Bit of advice if you are going to talk [edited]about someone don't post a link that proves you wrong.

sgtYester #14 Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54403 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View Postcragarion, on 10 November 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

That would be me would it , strange that link says i'm above average in efficiency, and good wn7 and good wn8 so how does that make me a noob ?.

and i'm not a low tier stat padder, my 3 highest battle counts are t7 t8 and t9,

i prefer to play mid tier tanks just like i prefer to play tds,

Bit of advice if you are going to talk [edited]about someone don't post a link that proves you wrong.

nr1 tank.. op type62  49% winrate  but its a light so easy to get good wn8

nr2 tank skorpion, posivtive winrate, just... and 1200 avg damage... not goo

nr 3  op t54 49%winrate

nr4 su85 which is a beast.. at tier 4....57% winrate gj..

nr 5 the m4 at tier 5  with good winrate

etc..

low tiers are good for ur wn8 not the higher tiers. 

soooo, u need low tiers for ur wn8 this is obvious.

guess we can say bye bye to u?

ExclamationMark #15 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
52% player thinking he's superior to a 51% player 

cragarion #16 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44034 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 10 November 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

nr1 tank.. op type62  49% winrate  but its a light so easy to get good wn8

nr2 tank skorpion, posivtive winrate, just... and 1200 avg damage... not goo

nr 3  op t54 49%winrate

nr4 su85 which is a beast.. at tier 4....57% winrate gj..

nr 5 the m4 at tier 5  with good winrate

etc..

low tiers are good for ur wn8 not the higher tiers. 

soooo, u need low tiers for ur wn8 this is obvious.

guess we can say bye bye to u?

kid if you read any of my posts on stats you will see i don't give a crapabout stats stats mean nothing.

i play those tanks because i like them not because i'm trying to stat pad, lets look at that number 1 most played tank shall we the type 62 check it out on this site http://www.wotstats..../eu/cragarion/ 

1850 battles

586 wn8 

49% wr

now why the hell would i stat pad in that tank ???????

now this tank of mine AMX 13 57F 

167 battles

2076 wn8

56% wr

if i was stat padding don't you think i would use that tank ???????

And lets look at my second most played tank the Skorpion G

1143 battles 

1321 wn8

51% wr

now why the hell would i stat pad in that tank ???????

now again this tank Rhm.-B. WT

144 battles

1845 wn8

44wr

if i was stat padding don't you think i would use that tank ???????

and lets compare my most played tank the type 62 to my 5th most played tank the m4

type 62 1850 battles 586 wn8 49% wr

m4 1054 battles 2437 wn8 57% wr

also if i was stat padding why the hell would i play 1850 battles in my 586 wn8 tank when i could have played them in my m4 2437 wn8 tank ???????????

I don't use those tanks the most because i get best stats in them because i don't,  i don't play for stats i don't play for positions i play for FUN,

i play those tanks the most because they are the tanks i like the most.

If i wanted to be a uni i would simply stop playing the tanks like the type 62 and play the tanks i can stat pad in properly.

now get lost.

Edited by cragarion, 11 November 2017 - 02:03 AM.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
1. Pref MM was a very bad idea from the start. It's a problem for the MM system and also borderline p2w.

2. We don't only need bigger maps. Before anything else we need BETTER maps. A 1,5km map with corridors is as bad as a smaller map with corridors.

3. Even more copy&paste tanks? No, thanks. What would be the motivation to play those tanks? The different flag?

krismorgan #18 Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32230 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostHavenless, on 10 November 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Remove arty

Such a thoughtful post-did you think it up yourself?

leggasiini #19 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14152 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkrismorgan, on 11 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Such a thoughtful post-did you think it up yourself?

He is not lying tho, removing arty WOULD make the game better

wiggles #20 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33998 battles

View Postcragarion, on 10 November 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

I'll be playing with the good players just like i do now,

hopefully the ones with brains who know XVM  and stats mean nothing,

stat padders give stats a false reading, just because you have thousands of battles in the only 2 tanks you are good in to become a uni does not make you a good player,

players who don't care about stats and do things that help their team but damage their stats, may have bad stats but it does not make them a bad player,

Try turning down all clan invites and play nothing but randoms for 40k battles see how that effects your so called stats.

That's what I tell myself too m8, one day I might believe it lol

Also tagged with updates, improvement, spanish tanks, italian tanks, premium tanks, wot, better, improve, game, actualization

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users