Current Full Tier X Matches

medium tanks redline camping sniping from oblivion rigged matches premium ammo all the way in

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Afdass #1 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

Hi there

In my garage I have only 2 tier 10 tanks: Object 140, and IS-7. This issue is more related to the medium/light tank class. I used to enjoy the 140 back then when I unlocked it. Played a few dozens of battles ("a few") and never felt the tank strenghts. I guess that is probably, just probably because in all my matches I try to be agressive and suddenly I get shat on by all the enemy team medium tanks, with their 10 skill crew, hidding behind a bush 800m away from the point where I am, impossible to get spotted, sniping from every directions, and I end up dead in the first few minutes of the battle.

I am not the most experienced player, not even close to that but I always try to do my best, even if my best only results in 300dmg before die, but im every other matches I am way better successful. Maybe because I don't have to face in lower tiers (5 to 9) all the unicums who only play tier 10 camping behind TD's and even Arty just sitting in the redline screwing everyone appart with, once again, their awsome 10 skill crew with camo and BiA and situational awareness and recon and snapshot and deadeye and even the radio useless skills because they don't have anything more useful to train. I don't have that issue in the IS-7 because with that thing I mostly go the Heavy role and just sit there doing what is meant to do. In the 140 I can't do anything since everything what I said above happens. That tank is meant to be agressive because its "armor" (useless in tier 10 games but whatever, I must really suck because I can't bunce sh+t with that), but how can I be agressive in that tank when the enemy is full of campers? I always knew camping wins the games, or at least screws the enemy, but this is too much for me. When I try to camp I just get bored and move, because camping doesn't work for me since I can't damage anything 90% of the times I camp, and I end up dead because the enemy had also one object 140 camping behind that bush right in front of me.

Anyone else has this same feeling? (Only in full tier 10) Maybe tier 10 is definitly not for me, or maybe I should get a glass cannon medium tank to do the camping job...

Edited by Afdass, 10 November 2017 - 11:42 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36144 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Play what you enjoy playing my friend.

That is all that matters:)

Afdass #3 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles
I enjoy tier 10 tanks but not the full disgraceful tier 10 MM (which are like 80% of all the battles I played in).

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36144 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Try dropping down to V:)

Lots of fun to be had @ V:)

Dava_117 #5 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17621 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
Deadeye doesn't works on HE, so on all arty too...

Cannes76 #6 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62534 battles
  • [3V] 3V

"I always knew camping wins games" :teethhappy:

No...

Ilknur_Ibryam #7 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10926 battles

Trust me glass cannon tanks are not the way to go. I have Bat Chat and T 100 LT and they are more frustrating to work with than 140 I believe. 

The IS7 probably suits your style more. You want to be aggressive and the IS7 works well for that.

140 is a scout like medium, you need to be careful with your engages and trades. It is not about camping, but providing vision, map control and over runs.

There are 2 unfortunate things in the current meta:

- some real red line camping going on with extremely strong TDs and Arty who greatly [edited]up the chances of a scouting based tanks to do significantly better.

- armor and map design around armor

- playing high armor tanks to lead the lemming train to win - however it costs a lot to maintain such a play style, as you are going to lose a lot of HP to make your team mates move. You will have to tank damage. This is perhaps why you do significantly better in your IS7 and you feel like you are contributing.

Afdass #8 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

View PostDava_117, on 10 November 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Deadeye doesn't works on HE, so on all arty too...

I forgot to put a coma between "Arty" and "just". But I think you get my point...

View PostCannes76, on 10 November 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

"I always knew camping wins games" :teethhappy:

No...

For my experience it's true. So many times one team decides to push vs a campy team and they all die 1 by 1. Doesn't work all the time, but in some specific maps it works (mainly in Assault/Defense maps like Derpenberg or Karelia where the enemy push 1 by 1 and is just point and shoot to kill everyone 1 by 1. But that is my opinion. I usually also lose against those called campy teams. Really makes me think.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

View PostAfdass, on 10 November 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

I enjoy tier 10 tanks but not the full disgraceful tier 10 MM (which are like 80% of all the battles I played in).

If your tier 10 you're never anything less than top tier. How is that bad MM for you?

Afdass #10 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 11 November 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Trust me glass cannon tanks are not the way to go. I have Bat Chat and T 100 LT and they are more frustrating to work with than 140 I believe. 

The IS7 probably suits your style more. You want to be aggressive and the IS7 works well for that.

140 is a scout like medium, you need to be careful with your engages and trades. It is not about camping, but providing vision, map control and over runs.

There are 2 unfortunate things in the current meta:

- some real red line camping going on with extremely strong TDs and Arty who greatly [edited]up the chances of a scouting based tanks to do significantly better.

- armor and map design around armor

- playing high armor tanks to lead the lemming train to win - however it costs a lot to maintain such a play style, as you are going to lose a lot of HP to make your team mates move. You will have to tank damage. This is perhaps why you do significantly better in your IS7 and you feel like you are contributing.

Provide vision - I can't because I get outspotted by everyone, since I don't have camo skill because I heard people saying to go BiA and repairs in skills first, then geting those "shoot-on-the-move-accurately-skills" and more fowards then get the camo skills. I fell on that and I don't have the best outcome from that. Really thinking in forgeting about BiA and put full camo, like I first did in the T-54, which worked pretty well, until I heard all the stuff and resetted the skills to 0 camo and full other "useful" stuff. Ended up selling the tank because I couldn't play that anymore.

Map control - Can't do that because of the outspotting thinghy. If I go over a little bump to try to spot and shot X TD on that corner, the Y Medium can outspot me and the ABCDEFG Medium and TD and Light can shoot me like no tomorrow, damaging my fuel tank, my ammo rack, my tracks, my turret, killing the driver and the loader, and permatracking me. Can't control the map this way.

Guess I really need to have a full camo crew on this piece of crap to make it worth playing, since I've seen plenty of streams and videos where the full camo crew makes the differences 150% of the times.

Afdass #11 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 November 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

If your tier 10 you're never anything less than top tier. How is that bad MM for you?

The full tier 10 MM is the bad thing for me. In full Tier 10 MM you have probably 20/30 players with a decent number of battles and win rate and capacity to fight well in every situation and capacity to outplay the other who doesn't feel comfortable to fight in such environment, like I said the the post before this one.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

View PostAfdass, on 11 November 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

The full tier 10 MM is the bad thing for me. In full Tier 10 MM you have probably 20/30 players with a decent number of battles and win rate and capacity to fight well in every situation and capacity to outplay the other who doesn't feel comfortable to fight in such environment, like I said the the post before this one.

Then that isn't a problem with MM, that's a problem with you not knowing how to play at tier 10. Maybe you should drop down a couple tiers until you are more comfortable with the skill level required and work up from there.

Cradle_2_The_Grave #13 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11339 battles
  • [SOTSC] SOTSC
In my opinion the only problem with the obj 140 is its gun depression, there aren't so many spots where you can hide your hull, yes its turret is good enough for meds it can bounce many shoots but its gun depression forces you to expose your hull to be able to shoot and that's how you take hits in return, my advice will be never show up as long as you know that any tank is aimed at you if you can't hide your hull, drive around help team mates shoot those who are busy aiming at someone else, if it's one on one in open maps you can circle them.

forkboy1 #14 Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6492 battles
  • [N2S] N2S

I think it is good advise to play lower tier if you are frustrated playing at tier 10. I do this myself as well. I do think however that tier 5 may be too low, and the play style is quite different. At tier 5 you have just tanks driving in front of your gun, without you having a great position. At higher tiers you realize that this is a position you can't handle, because you are exposed from multiple angles. I am thinking you should be challenged enough, but not too much like currently for your tier 10 engagements.

i am looking at my winrate of my tanks. If I am doing over 50% then I can play higher tier, below 50%, like the majority of my tier 7 at the moment, then I should first play that tier until it reaches over 50%. To keep it fun, I have trained several tank lines to that point.

if you feel that camo makes the difference, then reset your crew. It is on sale this weekend. I personally think that camo is less relevant at higher tiers than at lower tiers. At lower tiers repairs is not that relevant since you are dead in less shots (ratio hp to alpha damage is different per tier)

vasilinhorulezz #15 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21261 battles
Full Tier 10 MM is fine, more challenging, with more opportunities for epic games, and also you can't even remotely ace a tank in a 3/5/7 MM, you pretty much need full Tier 10 MM.

Afdass #16 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 November 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Then that isn't a problem with MM, that's a problem with you not knowing how to play at tier 10. Maybe you should drop down a couple tiers until you are more comfortable with the skill level required and work up from there.

View Postforkboy1, on 11 November 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

I think it is good advise to play lower tier if you are frustrated playing at tier 10. I do this myself as well. I do think however that tier 5 may be too low, and the play style is quite different. At tier 5 you have just tanks driving in front of your gun, without you having a great position. At higher tiers you realize that this is a position you can't handle, because you are exposed from multiple angles. I am thinking you should be challenged enough, but not too much like currently for your tier 10 engagements.

i am looking at my winrate of my tanks. If I am doing over 50% then I can play higher tier, below 50%, like the majority of my tier 7 at the moment, then I should first play that tier until it reaches over 50%. To keep it fun, I have trained several tank lines to that point.

if you feel that camo makes the difference, then reset your crew. It is on sale this weekend. I personally think that camo is less relevant at higher tiers than at lower tiers. At lower tiers repairs is not that relevant since you are dead in less shots (ratio hp to alpha damage is different per tier)

I don't need to play tier 5's or low. I can play pretty good in tier 7/8/9 tanks. Only the tier 10's are the worst for me because every mistake I do is punished by death. But as I said in the begining, my issue is not playin tier 10 but the overall tier 10 gameplay lately because everyone just camps and play chess or battleship and hope for some luck with the game development. Either one team melts and the game ends in 3minutes or both just sit in the back of the map and the game ends with a draw.

iztok #17 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles

View PostAfdass, on 12 November 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

I don't need to play tier 5's or low. I can play pretty good in tier 7/8/9 tanks. Only the tier 10's are the worst for me because every mistake I do is punished by death. But as I said in the begining, my issue is not playin tier 10 but the overall tier 10 gameplay lately because everyone just camps and play chess or battleship and hope for some luck with the game development. Either one team melts and the game ends in 3minutes or both just sit in the back of the map and the game ends with a draw.

I've been in the same situation several times already, first time with my T-54. Mid-tiers simply don't prepare you to the top-tier meta-game. Tier-10 is all about holding good position and not making risky moves and waiting for enemy losing patience and/or taking risky moves. And hoping the rest of your team does the same. It LOOKS like camping, but it's not. However to me it's boooooring and that's the reason I don't play high tiers anymore.

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 13 November 2017 - 10:12 AM.

KillingJoker #18 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29068 battles

i currently have 1470 bounds in my garage... 

(only 3530 bounds left to finaly buy that special gun rammer that reduces the loadings in 12,5%) 

Edited by KillingJoker, 13 November 2017 - 12:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users