Jump to content


STA-2 or FV4202 or something else that can make credits


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: STA-2 vs FV4202 or something else (60 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tier 8 premium (that isn't defender,liberte or patriot) currently can make credits even if it meets tier 10's?

  1. STA-2 (15 votes [25.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

  2. FV4202 (20 votes [33.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

  3. Something else (25 votes [41.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Hide poll

Brea3Ker #1 Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5448 battles
  • 8
  • [4XIS] 4XIS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016
I need a tier 8 premium preferably medium tank that is in the tech tree. Is STA-2 good option? Or is FV4202 a better option? Or is something else that is in the tech tree that can be bought for gold better than those 2? I would like a tank that has quite good pen unlike Ravioli.

Radu_Korne #2 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28447 battles
  • 1,424
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013
tier 8 premium mediums that can actually pen stuff? Maybe Lorr 40t but that's about it... rest are horrid in current MM system. You also do not have a tier 8 atm. Hence you have 0 clue how to play a tier 8 medium that throws pew pew shots vs. tier 9/10 tanks that will rape you.  

Brea3Ker #3 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5448 battles
  • 8
  • [4XIS] 4XIS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016
Should I buy maybe T34 as it has that very good pen or should I wait until wg fixes bad tier 8 mm?

samuelx43a #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22711 battles
  • 1,003
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

my best reccomendation is to stick to lower tiers, and get a bit more experience( there is no shame in this, many players like the gamesplay of lower tiers) once you get to say, idk, 6k battles then you can test the chaos that is tier 7+.

I mention tier VII because that is when you'll face your first tier IXs, and believe me, nothing is more scary than a tier IX tank against your teeny tier VII.

I'm not sure if they still sell it, but the panther M/10 is a good tier VII med, with pref mm, there are also some neat tier VIs to bag, like the SU-100Y, which packs a heavy punch!



Akathis #5 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 77039 battles
  • 1,480
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

Don't buy any tier 8 tank: you will only play tier 10. Tier 10 will crush you, and you will be unable to save any significant amount of credits.

 

Tier 8 MM has been destroyed, you will get almost the same amount of net credits playing tier 5-6 premium tanks.



Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39100 battles
  • 5,259
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostBrea3Ker, on 10 November 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

I need a tier 8 premium preferably medium tank that is in the tech tree. Is STA-2 good option? Or is FV4202 a better option? Or is something else that is in the tech tree that can be bought for gold better than those 2? I would like a tank that has quite good pen unlike Ravioli.

 

Anything VI & below.

Type 64 springs to mind, or T15 for a bit of low tier fun & games:)



Balc0ra #7 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67397 battles
  • 17,110
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBrea3Ker, on 11 November 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

Should I buy maybe T34 as it has that very good pen or should I wait until wg fixes bad tier 8 mm?

 

God no. T34 is not good, even for income anymore. Even with that high pen gun. DPM is way to low to name one to even be effective as top tier at times. FV4202 is not even "meh". It's way to situational to be good, and the recent buffs did not much for it tbh. But if you like support meds, most say the STA-2 is one of the best tier 8 prem meds you can buy atm, along side the French M4 Rev that most praise after the buffs, as the gun is rather snappy.

 

As pointed out above me, tier 8 prem MM for non pref MM tanks is usually bad, with lots of tier X games. So if you don't mind tier X a lot, or is used to it. Then go for it. If not then the Panther M10 at tier 7 is a great cash machine atm.


Edited by Balc0ra, 11 November 2017 - 01:23 AM.


shane73tank #8 Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29024 battles
  • 2,036
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
Get the panther m10 t7 is more fun

Tidal_Force #9 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,840
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012
You spell "Defender" incorrectly.

leggasiini #10 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15190 battles
  • 6,237
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View PostTidal_Force, on 11 November 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

You spell "Defender" incorrectly.

 

The problem is getting one...

 

oh wait, christmas calendar :hiding:



Etre_ #11 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52777 battles
  • 1,336
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

Don't get anything bellow tier 7 for credit grinding. 

 

Tier 6 prems don't make credits. Are just fancy tanks to decorate your garage. Total waste of real money.

Some tier 7 have same coefficient for credits as tier 8s. I don't know which ones, but the VK has (not sure if it's in the tree tech + is a slow tank with nice gun)

M10 is cancer. Pea shooter.

 

Sta 2 is decent, or at least it was at the moment I played it.

FV was beyond crap before the buff. Didn't played it after so I'd restrain from opinions. 

 

You will do better with Patriot. Good pen & turret. Is on sale now.



RamRaid90 #12 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22430 battles
  • 6,680
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
Tier VII german heavy VK. It has the credit earnings of a tier VIII tank as Etre said, with arguably the best gun of it's tier. Also has usable armour vs tier VIII and can't see tier X...win win.

Gremlin182 #13 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49643 battles
  • 8,360
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Tier 8 premiums grind credits but also train crews so to choose one maybe you should look at what tanks you enjoy playing and which nations and tank lines you are thinking of playing.

 

I don't have either of those premiums, so maybe watch a few video reviews to see how they play and whats good and bad about them.

 



ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,137
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostBrea3Ker, on 10 November 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

I need a tier 8 premium preferably medium tank that is in the tech tree. Is STA-2 good option? Or is FV4202 a better option? Or is something else that is in the tech tree that can be bought for gold better than those 2? I would like a tank that has quite good pen unlike Ravioli.

 

Find a high base pen premium tank if you want to make credits.

 

Since you will meet T10 in like 45% of the battles and T9 in 45% you need enough pen to be able to damage those more armoured tanks reliably.

 

So ail for a tank with at least 230-240 base pen.

 

My recommendation is Skorpion G or Strv S1 sInce those 2 tanks doesnt care about being low tiered and doesn't need any premium ammo to be a threat to any enemy tank.

 

The 223 of the FV is decent, but you might be forced into premium ammo when seeing armoured enemies without weakspots, and the FV isn't that fast to reliably reposition when that happens.

The STA-2 is faster with 211 pen or something.

But still, a T8 medium where you could easily find yourself in a position where you need to shoot premium ammo to be relevant.

And to make credits, you don't want to shoot any premium ammo.

 

The Löwe and T34 are quite solid due to high base pen. Both tanks lack in dpm and are rather slow for being heavies. But they make enough credits.



mondi20 #15 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27684 battles
  • 367
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012
Get any of the new heavys: Patriot, Liberte... Defender (if it comes up again). Lowe might be worth a shot as well since it has a very reliable gun.

Edited by mondi20, 11 November 2017 - 08:53 AM.


Bennie182 #16 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54905 battles
  • 1,773
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostEtre_, on 11 November 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Tier 6 prems don't make credits. Are just fancy tanks to decorate your garage. Total waste of real money.

this is nonsense. lower tier premiums are better crew trainers, though tier 8 are better for moneymaking.

 

at least go for something that helps you train any of your crews, as you will always train your crews faster in a premium, then in a non premium. also, starting with a good crew, will increase your chances of gaining credits.

people think too much about premium ammo. learn to adjust and you won't need that much premium ammo. I don't use it very often. only against broken tanks.

 

I would go for FV4202: decent pen and the turret has been improved, which could help working ridge lines. the mobility has been improved the last few patch as well. I do not know how the credit income is compared to others, but decent pen is one of the most important things to make money.


Edited by Bennie182, 11 November 2017 - 03:19 PM.


Havenless #17 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 454 battles
  • 435
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    12-18-2014

View PostBennie182, on 11 November 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

this is nonsense. lower tier premiums are better crew trainers, though tier 8 are better for moneymaking.

 

at least go for something that helps you train any of your crews, as you will always train your crews faster in a premium, then in a non premium. also, starting with a good crew, will increase your chances of gaining credits.

people think too much about premium ammo. learn to adjust and you won't need that much premium ammo. I don't use it very often. only against broken tanks.

 

I would go for FV4202: decent pen and the turret has been improved, which could help working ridge lines. the mobility has been improved the last few patch as well. I do not know how the credit income is compared to others, but decent pen is one of the most important things to make money.

 

That's BS. Praising the crew training ability of low tiers because a few of them have a slightly better multiplier just leaves out the fact that with a tier 8 premium you can train crews almost(or just as) effectively while also making credits at the same time. When you play a low tier premium over a high tier one because it trains crews faster for for players who are useless at high tiers, and ignore the credit earning potential, you're just throwing value down the toilet drains.

 

"Decent pen and turret has been improved" doesn't make FV4202 a tank worth money. The best way to play tier 8 nowadays is to play the high pen TDs that deal the most damage and require the least gold.



guy_incognito79 #18 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10208 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    11-17-2016

Of the tier 7/8 premiums I have I'd say the M4 ravioli and the Panther/m10 are the picks of the bunch. Sta-2 isn't very good and the FV is garbage. Skorpion G while a good damage dealer is also going to have every gun on the enemy team aimed at it the whole game so unless you like being focused then leave it alone. Oh and leave the VK 45.03 alone too, it's not very good either. :(

 

Tho I haven't had these tanks for long so I might not be the best judge of their performance. :)



Bennie182 #19 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54905 battles
  • 1,773
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostHavenless, on 11 November 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

That's BS. Praising the crew training ability of low tiers because a few of them have a slightly better multiplier just leaves out the fact that with a tier 8 premium you can train crews almost(or just as) effectively while also making credits at the same time. When you play a low tier premium over a high tier one because it trains crews faster for for players who are useless at high tiers, and ignore the credit earning potential, you're just throwing value down the toilet drains.

 

"Decent pen and turret has been improved" doesn't make FV4202 a tank worth money. The best way to play tier 8 nowadays is to play the high pen TDs that deal the most damage and require the least gold.

Looking at your stats I can't take your response seriously... I doubt you will make a lot of profit in ANY premium if you play like your stats show, in those tanks. tell me what premium tank DOES make the money worth it, while playing it on your account.


Edited by Bennie182, 11 November 2017 - 03:54 PM.


TsundereWaffle #20 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27233 battles
  • 11,063
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
All I can say is that the FV4202 is garbage




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users