STA-2 or FV4202 or something else that can make credits

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: STA-2 vs FV4202 or something else (60 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which tier 8 premium (that isn't defender,liberte or patriot) currently can make credits even if it meets tier 10's?

1. STA-2 (15 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. FV4202 (20 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Something else (25 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Hide poll

Bennie182 #21 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53686 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 11 November 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

All I can say is that the FV4202 is garbage

as far as I know, it's a copy of the Centurion I. I don't find that one outstanding, but does a decent job, especially with it's 226 pen. at least it has some turret armor, which STA-2 clearly doesn't.

and "garbage" is based on? you can't just throw in something without giving the guy an explanation why you think so.. doesn't make sense, does it?

Edited by Bennie182, 11 November 2017 - 04:27 PM.

Havenless #22 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBennie182, on 11 November 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Looking at your stats I can't take your response seriously... I doubt you will make a lot of profit in ANY premium if you play like your stats show, in those tanks. tell me what premium tank DOES make the money worth it, while playing it on your account.

You know what's the difference between you and me? I'm a post account, Edited.

You're instructing others to buy a bad tank because "it has decent pen and turret was buffed", clearly 100% ignorant of how the game works. That's something a high battle count can't guarantee. If anyone wants a tip, ignoring this guy's destructive advice is going to save you money.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 11 November 2017 - 07:09 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Havenless #23 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBennie182, on 11 November 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

as far as I know, it's a copy of the Centurion I. I don't find that one outstanding, but does a decent job, especially with it's 226 pen. at least it has some turret armor, which STA-2 clearly doesn't.

and "garbage" is based on? you can't just throw in something without giving the guy an explanation why you think so.. doesn't make sense, does it?

It's "garbage" because it's a tier 8 medium without any redeeming qualities. 230 alpha, bad DPM, doesn't hit snap shots. Turret armor only works against lower tier tanks that it rarely faces. It's also sluggish. "Decent penetration" is just not gonna fly. It gets into tier 10 battles all the time where it can't use its mobility(if you want to call it an advantage) because there's a faster tier 9-10 medium or light in the enemy team who will play the same area and drive you away. Then you're left off with playing support with a 230 alpha gun and bad DPM. It's a pretty terrible situation and you can't do anything useful most of the time.

All tier 8 premiums that have normal matchmaking aren't strong heavies or TDs are trash. Lorraine is the exception, because it has a 4-shot autoloader with 300 alpha with more penetration(as opposed to a 230 alpha single shooter with bad DPM...). It's also faster. Tier 8 is in an absolutely awful health and you need to play a powerful support tank for it to be even tolerable.

Edited by Havenless, 11 November 2017 - 04:34 PM.

TsundereWaffle #24 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27161 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostBennie182, on 11 November 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

It's a pathetic version of the Centurion. Let's compare it, and add the Strv and Primo for fun as well.

The FV has a worse reload, less ammo and less shell velocity than the Swedish centurions. It does however have a bit more gun elevation. It has less horsepower and weight but still worse hp/t. But it does have better resistances.

The traverse speed is better and the effective resistance on hard terrain is better than the Swedish tanks but worse than the Cent. However, on med and soft terrain the FV has worse resistances.

The armor is pathetic on the FV compared to the Cent and Swedish. 54 less turret armor and 20 less hull armor, resulting in a turret that is just weak. The tank has 50 hp less and 10 viewrange less.

I find it quite interesting that you call it a copy of the centurion when it clearly is much worse. Now I love playing my FV4202, I even have two marks in it, but it is a pathetic and weak tank and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Brea3Ker #25 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5448 battles
  • [4XIS] 4XIS
I consider buying STA-2 as I like mobile mediums with decent DPM that can flank. As some of you said I should buy Skorpion G or Strv S1 but how much they cost and will they be on sale on advent or on Christmas? As I've mentioned I need a tank that has good enough pen that can pen some tier 9 or 10 tanks. I can't go to tier 8 basic tanks if I don't have a tier 8 premium that can make those credits. I will maybe buy S tank then but the thing is that I like closer action tanks (mediums or heavies) and not 400m Swedish camper.

Havenless #26 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBrea3Ker, on 11 November 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

I consider buying STA-2 as I like mobile mediums with decent DPM that can flank. As some of you said I should buy Skorpion G or Strv S1 but how much they cost and will they be on sale on advent or on Christmas? As I've mentioned I need a tank that has good enough pen that can pen some tier 9 or 10 tanks. I can't go to tier 8 basic tanks if I don't have a tier 8 premium that can make those credits. I will maybe buy S tank then but the thing is that I like closer action tanks (mediums or heavies) and not 400m Swedish camper.

STA-2 has bad DPM, it's only good if you compare it to even worse tier 8 mediums. It also has no alpha so it never gets close to its theoretical DPM. Also with all the whining going on about corridor maps never ever ever buy a tank that you call "a flanker". If a tank can't frontally fight the enemies, it's a bad tank. Whether it does this through high alpha, autoloader, good brawling potential or good hulldown potential, doesn't matter. But it needs to be able to do that.

Skorpion G is being sold every few weeks, wait for it. Yes it's better to buy a more expensive, better premium and get a good product than get a cheap baddie and end up with a product you don't enjoy. Lorraine 40t is another solid option, and the new Chinese TD(it's in tech tree) is a good investment as well if you can handle turretless tanks.

samuelx43a #27 Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22076 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

don't diss the panther/m10 though,think of it as a E 25 with lower DPM, camo but with a ret and more HP.

the reload is fantastic now (3.4 secs~ aprox)

I kinda got lucky and bagged myself a defender, but the other tier VIII is the T34, which for me it is a very nice tank. the gun can troll you, but the pen is the best of all tier 8 HTs. yeah, it's sluggish and the gun doesn't behave well sometimes, but I can guarantee that if you use wakspot knowledge, you can pen every single thing you come across.

this is the only advice I can give for tier VIII

Bennie182 #28 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53686 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostHavenless, on 11 November 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

You know what's the difference between you and me? I'm a post account, you're a clueless sh*tter.

You're instructing others to buy a bad tank because "it has decent pen and turret was buffed", clearly 100% ignorant of how the game works. That's something a high battle count can't guarantee. If anyone wants a tip, ignoring this guy's destructive advice is going to save you money.

interesting that you need a 2nd account to post on the forum.. and you also need at least 250 battles on it, to be able to post.

I am instructing no one at all. I am only giving statistical info and my point of view, while mine might not all be the best. yours already starts with an insult, which I will send a nice report for, so we have your useles "post account" away for a day. would be helpful.

fwhaatpiraat #29 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47060 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBrea3Ker, on 11 November 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

It's not a common opinion, but I quite like the fv4202. It's not really a tank great for flanking, the dpm is to low for that imo. It's more a second line support tank, that can work with ridges quite well. Try the centurion 1 first, the play style cannot be that diffferent. Never played the sta-2, but it has better gun handling and dpm then the fv, which are the biggest weaknesses of the fv.

Brea3Ker #30 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5448 battles
  • [4XIS] 4XIS
So should I save money and buy FCM 50t as it has 212 pen and it has preferential matchmaking? It also looks like it makes decent amount of credits.

Havenless #31 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBennie182, on 11 November 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

interesting that you need a 2nd account to post on the forum.. and you also need at least 250 battles on it, to be able to post.

I am instructing no one at all. I am only giving statistical info and my point of view, while mine might not all be the best. yours already starts with an insult, which I will send a nice report for, so we have your useles "post account" away for a day. would be helpful.

You should expect "insults" when you bring up a post account's stats as a counter-argument. Then you take the role of the victim when someone points out that you're another tier 6 bot 

That's how people like you act. First you defend your zero content opinion by bringing up a post account's stats because you don't have anything concrete to say, and when it's pointed out how useless you and your advice is, you threaten to report the person. I think this perfectly illustrates the value of your posts.

HundeWurst #32 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69735 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

WZ-120-1 FT.

Its a TD yes, but its played like amedium without a turret but a pretty strong gun. And no premium is worth it if that premium does not have a proper gun. And NON of the tier 8 premium mediums have anything which could be considered a good gun.

WindSplitter1 #33 Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15937 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
Skorpion G is a good medium.

Flowtec_ #34 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37911 battles
STA-2 suits me pretty well. Good pen, mobility, no armor tho. FV4202 after buffs is good, but slower, with better pen, some armor. I prefer STA-2.

_Sensation_ #35 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7185 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
Lorraine 40t

Jam_in_a_Tank #36 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14917 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
Take patriot now that you can