Players first you say (WG) so vote for gold ammo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold ammo reballance (61 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which new gold ammo usage you want to see the game?

1. We can buy gold ammo only just gold. (good old day) (4 votes [6.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.56%

2. Remove the gold ammo out the game, we dont need it. (8 votes [13.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

3. Nerf the gold ammo damage to 50%. (11 votes [18.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.03%

4. One battle The gold ammo only 10-15%, on the tank ammo capacity. (or one clip only) (8 votes [13.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

5. The gold ammo good in this form. (17 votes [27.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.87%

6. Double the gold ammo penetration, and damage. (13 votes [21.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

Vote Hide poll

Inelinae #1 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 50052 battles
  • [HUNI] HUNI

Hello!

First for give me for bad english, its not my birth language. I play before the closed beta, and i never post in the forum, because i love this game...but now i cant hold on thi inside me...

So WG sad they made this game for the players they sad Players first,now will se...

Gold ammo ...everybody know them its not evil, just this form they ruin the game completly. If the gold ammo its unlimited source in the tanks one battle, i think no need tank class, no need armor, tactics, obstacles/buldings on the map. Because loose they purpose. Why we cant play with luftballons? everybody get nail ammo and we get a flat maps no buldings,rocks, etc. and Roll out. Everybody pen everybody no problem the +2 tier because you can easily pen a +2 tier higher luftballons, foor everywhere. No need to know the weakponts, or no need to know your tank capability, because its doesent mean. And WG its happy no need wheicle rebalance every week, becouse every tank penetrate every tank thats great. So gold ammo urgenty need a rework, because in ths form its not fair.

I try rhe give some solution, pls vote , or post this topic and we will what happens, the 'Players First' real or just marketing.

Thx  for reading and vote, and of course meet in the battlefild..GL ballons :D

Edited by Inelinae, 11 November 2017 - 08:10 AM.

rush0620 #2 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22839 battles

Remove or change gold ammo = WG cash loss = not possible! Wg add more armored tank this game and no penetrate armor gold ammo. Problem solved.

Sorry bad english tesó! :)

Edited by rush0620, 11 November 2017 - 08:50 AM.

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostInelinae, on 11 November 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

Hello!

First for give me for bad english, its not my birth language. I play before the closed beta, and i never post in the forum, because i love this game...but now i cant hold on thi inside me...

So WG sad they made this game for the players they sad Players first,now will se...

Gold ammo ...everybody know them its not evil, just this form they ruin the game completly. If the gold ammo its unlimited source in the tanks one battle, i think no need tank class, no need armor, tactics, obstacles/buldings on the map. Because loose they purpose. Why we cant play with luftballons? everybody get nail ammo and we get a flat maps no buldings,rocks, etc. and Roll out. Everybody pen everybody no problem the +2 tier because you can easily pen a +2 tier higher luftballons, foor everywhere. No need to know the weakponts, or no need to know your tank capability, because its doesent mean. And WG its happy no need wheicle rebalance every week, becouse every tank penetrate every tank thats great. So gold ammo urgenty need a rework, because in ths form its not fair.

I try rhe give some solution, pls vote , or post this topic and we will what happens, the 'Players First' real or just marketing.

1: Gold ammo doesn't make armour irrelevant, that is just plain wrong.

2: Gold ammo is needed to make the low tiered tanks (-2) able to damage high tiered tanks.

3: Japanese heavies are retarded and should always only be shot with premium ammo.

And your options doesn't fit.

Premium ammo should imo be replaced with a system where the different shells cost similar level of credits, but the shells come with different pros and cons.

But before that, a huge amount of tank needs to get their armour reworked, like: Jap heavy tanks, VK 100P, Mauschen, Maus, Defender, Chrysler, Patriot and others 

Armour have to be reworked so a 1 tiered below enemy medium can pen it frontally if he hit a weakspot. Then you can have different weakspots. Larger ones like lfp that are thicker, and smaller ones like cupola, machine gun mounts etc that are weaker.

Look at Liberte, it has awesome frontal armour, combined with a very weak cupola and a slightly weaker lfp.

rush0620 #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22839 battles
Other option: remove premium ammo random battles, CW and team battle and other mode use this magic ammo!

jricketts1 #5 Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34818 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Um... I am sure i have seen many posts like this that have all come to the same conclusion... No Change! It's a waste of time coming on the forums and moaning... Remember the game is balanced ;)

cragarion #6 Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles
  1. We can buy gold ammo only just gold. (good old day) (2 votes [8.70%] - View)

Totally unfair and unbalanced only people with money could buy it and only people with money would want to go back to that.

2. Remove the gold ammo out the game, we dont need it. (2 votes [8.70%] - View)

Never happen WG will not get rid of a money maker.

3. Nerf the gold ammo damage to 50%. (3 votes [13.04%] - View)

Never happen would damage Gold ammo sales and therefore WG income.

4. One battle The gold ammo only 10-15%, on the tank ammo capacity. (or one clip only) (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Possibility but i doubt it would damage gold ammo sales and therefore WG income.

5. The gold ammo good in this form. (7 votes [30.43%] - View)

Ok as it is anyone can get it so the game is balanced as far as ammo goes.

6. Double the gold ammo penetration, and damage. (4 votes [17.39%] - View)
  7. No comment.

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

Sigh... Seriously, how many polls regarding the exact SAME TOPIC do we need? Was it really that hard for you to simply add your thoughts to one of the many already existing threads? Oh now wait, let me guess. Yours is completely different from all the others right? Well newsflash, even the poor grammar and incoherence seems inherited from all the other threads covering this. 

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 12 November 2017 - 11:14 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62747 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Here is the issue.

If you make gold ammo for gold again, you are contradiction your headline, as then it's pay2win more so then anything. Basically screwing over any non CW players, or 80% of the free playing users.

If we remove it from the game, you will make this world of super heavies and OP tier 8 prem HT's. And it would end up like AW. Most can't pen the Type 5 platoon head on. And turns tail and runs until they can get flank shots, or dies doing zero damage vs less guns. Or how do you think tier 6 would be vs the O-I and 110 pen guns vs his 150mm armor?

If you nerf gold ammo damage to 50%, well then you gotta remember one thing. Because then it's even more pay 2 win. When arty and LT's where changed, nerfed and arty had their gold ammo removed. Who got to keep theirs? Premiums. The two Premium arties still have 2x more HE pen, and AP or HEAT as gold ammo still. Same with LT's. They still have the gold pen from their +3 or +4 MM days, not the new +2. How do you think tier 8 would be considering how many tier 8 premiums we have? HT line would be great. VK 100.01 doing half the damage vs the T26E5, E5 does full damage to him. As then premium would keep their stats, inc gold ammo. And that would make more rage topics then gold ammo ever has done. And if they removed it and nerfed it on premiums to. Then 100% of the players did not get what they payed for. And WG would be even more screwed.

10 to 15% ammo capacity? Well that would render most mid tier tanks 100% useless. As most premium HT's on tier 5 can't even pen a equal tier HT with AP. As they have sub 100mm pen. And I'm not ashamed to say it. I run a 50/50 load on my Matilda IV, with it's massive 102mm gold pen on tier 5. Most tier 4's have more AP pen then that.

Is the gold ammo good in this form? Well yes and no. But most changes, and change suggestions from players will break more then it will fix tbh. It's not easy to sort or even balance out. Even on new tanks. And since WG says they see limited MM tanks as a problem. And want +2 on even the IS-6. That and with tanks like the O-I when most he faces as top tier can't even pen his rear reliably. They still need something, as even HE will be absorbed by the thick armor unless they get the side.

And that last one... well just no.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21061 battles

Hello!

If you play Maus and Type 5, you deserve all the gold spam you get for driving a broken superheavy,

if you mostly play unarmored tanks, what's the point in watching what type of ammo shot you, they would still pen you no matter what,

So all and all, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT PREMIUM ROUNDS.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said: 

If you nerf gold ammo damage to 50%, well then you gotta remember one thing. Because then it's even more pay 2 win. When arty and LT's where changed, nerfed and arty had their gold ammo removed. Who got to keep theirs? Premiums. The two Premium arties still have 2x more HE pen, and AP or HEAT as gold ammo still. Same with LT's. They still have the gold pen from their +3 or +4 MM days, not the new +2. How do you think tier 8 would be considering how many tier 8 premiums we have? HT line would be great. VK 100.01 doing half the damage vs the T26E5, E5 does full damage to him. As then premium would keep their stats, inc gold ammo. And that would make more rage topics then gold ammo ever has done. And if they removed it and nerfed it on premiums to. Then 100% of the players did not get what they payed for. And WG would be even more screwed.

10 to 15% ammo capacity? Well that would render most mid tier tanks 100% useless. As most premium HT's on tier 5 can't even pen a equal tier HT with AP. As they have sub 100mm pen. And I'm not ashamed to say it. I run a 50/50 load on my Matilda IV, with it's massive 102mm gold pen on tier 5. Most tier 4's have more AP pen then that.

Well, I don't think that halfing prem round damage should not affect premium tanks. It's not a nerf, it's a game mechanics change. In my opinion, halfing the alpha (and may be reducing a bit the price for balance) would solve the problem of goldspam, because a full premium loadout would basically half your ammorack capacity.

And for tier 5 HT, they can easily pen each other from the front. The one with stronger armour is the O-I exp, but it has large 75mm weackspot on the front, like the bigger minicupola hatch. Same with KV-220, where turret flat plate are 75mm thick.

Edited by Dava_117, 11 November 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Isharial #11 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 11 November 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well, I don't think that halfing prem round damage should not affect premium tanks. It's not a nerf, it's a game mechanics change. In my opinion, halfing the alpha (and may be reducing a bit the price for balance) would solve the problem of goldspam, because a full premium loadout would basically half your ammorack capacity.

And for tier 5 HT, they can easily pen each other from the front. The one with stronger armour is the O-I exp, but it has large 75mm weackspot on the front, like the bigger minicupola hatch. Same with KV-220, where turret flat plate are 75mm thick.

but if it affects premium tanks, you risk igniting the EU community... a direct nerf to all premiums would basically require refunds here, there and everywhere... so WG wont do that, ever.. unless they perform an entire game rebalance, and they'd still have to give refunds if tiers change etc.. as it would no longer be the product you bought

so by asking for this change, you basically doom all non-prem tanks and make them pointless while premiums would be unaffected...

Dava_117 #12 Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostIsharial, on 11 November 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

but if it affects premium tanks, you risk igniting the EU community... a direct nerf to all premiums would basically require refunds here, there and everywhere... so WG wont do that, ever.. unless they perform an entire game rebalance, and they'd still have to give refunds if tiers change etc.. as it would no longer be the product you bought

so by asking for this change, you basically doom all non-prem tanks and make them pointless while premiums would be unaffected...

Well, you can do an indirect change. Most guns with same caliber share the same ammunution (example D-25T and BL-9 share the AP, HE and even APCR IIRC). You can nerf the ammunition base damage so you didn't touch the tank, ence no refound is needed.

An example can be the 250 pen HEAT form china HT. 110 on the standard theck tree use it. If you nerf the HEAT ammo, also 112 and the premium 111 will see their pen dropped, but because I changed ammo and not those 2 tanks, you can't ask for refound. 

Edited by Dava_117, 11 November 2017 - 05:45 PM.

Isharial #13 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 11 November 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Well, you can do an indirect change. Most guns with same caliber share the same ammunution (example D-25T and BL-9 share the AP, HE and even APCR IIRC). You can nerf the ammunition base damage so you didn't touch the tank, ence no refound is needed.

An example can be the 250 pen HEAT form china HT. 110 on the standard theck tree use it. If you nerf the HEAT ammo, also 112 and the premium 111 will see their pen dropped, but because I changed ammo and not those 2 tanks, you can't ask for refound.

I swear the premium variants don't mount the same gun? but a variation of it? therefore its not the "same" gun?

I know tech tree tanks work that way, but premiums I dont think do, which would be a direct change to the premium tanks specific gun....

for example, the CDC and FCM 50T, both mount the same gun, but its not the "same" gun that's on the M4 45 or ARL... (so the change to the M4 and ARL, wont affect the CDC or FCM)

Edited by Isharial, 11 November 2017 - 07:44 PM.

Dava_117 #14 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostIsharial, on 11 November 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

I swear the premium variants don't mount the same gun? but a variation of it? therefore its not the "same" gun?

I know tech tree tanks work that way, but premiums I dont think do, which would be a direct change to the premium tanks specific gun....

for example, the CDC and FCM 50T, both mount the same gun, but its not the "same" gun that's on the M4 45 or ARL... (so the change to the M4 and ARL, wont affect the CDC or FCM)

It's not the gun in common, but the ammunition. For example 122mm HEAT Po-471 is in common to all tier 8 chinese 122 gun, included 112, 110, T-34-3 etc. Nerf the damage and all the gun mounting it will get the new value. But you're not nerfing any premium tank. You buy it knowing it can shot Po-471 HEAT round, but this doesn't change. 

Edited by Dava_117, 11 November 2017 - 08:05 PM.

Isharial #15 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 11 November 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's not the gun in common, but the ammunition. For example 122mm HEAT Po-471 is in common to all tier 8 chinese 122 gun, included 112, 110, T-34-3 etc. Nerf the damage and all the gun mounting it will get the new value. But you're not nerfing any premium tank. You buying knowing it can shot Po-471 HEAT round, but this doesn't change.

your actually still nerfing part of the premium tank, and its still is part of its own ability..

I bought the wz 120 TD knowing it can fire 440 alpha shells, if it suddenly had 220 alpha, its not the same tank I paid for? i dont buy a tank knowing it can fire a specific named shell!

this is the trouble with rebalances like this, WG as a business can do this, but there's going to be a lot of angry people with premium tanks that's just been destroyed.. they're going to want something because of it, or leave.. and WG wont want them to leave

and on the gold ammo front, what about matilda? and low alpha guns? you cant really half 75 damage.. it wouldn't even tickle your own tier, let alone highers

tanks still got to be viable with full gold shells, maybe not able to do as much damage as normal, but it atleast has to "damage" the enemy you need it for

if a T-34 with 57mm, is firing at an O-I with gold, it stands to reason that for gold to be worth it, its going to have to do more than 38 alpha.. that's not even going to tickle an O-I.. that's not even going to tickle the T5 one!

so halving their damage will make it pointless, not balanced...

Alabamatick #16 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

I had to vote for double pen and damage, cos treble wasn't in the options :(

Edit: oh and use the search function ffs

Edited by Alabamatick, 11 November 2017 - 08:23 PM.

enu_ #17 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22534 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostInelinae, on 11 November 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hello!

http://forum.worldof...-prize/#topmost

here easy gold for you

BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I voted to double the pen and damage.....just to make you whine more.

AliceUnchained #19 Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322
Huh, well what do you know? It would seem quite a lot of people actually feel premium ammo is underpowered and needs to be buffed... 

Bucifel #20 Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27715 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

*Edited

still vote for gold "still as it is" :facepalm:

Edited by Nohe21, 12 November 2017 - 11:15 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users