Instead of closing threads...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

JuicyProduction #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27045 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

How about actually doing something about the no.1 thing that people hate? This *Edited is a joke.

Untitled.png

The reason people make more threads other than the 'designated one' is because despite it being the ''official'' thread made BY ADMINS nothing players say is taken into account. Look at the suggestions thread, nothing taken into account. Thread about arty still being piss annoying and nothing being done about it.

WG would stop *Edited on what people are telling you and you wouldn't have to close threads (:

Edited by Nohe21, 12 November 2017 - 11:31 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

xx984 #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50809 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
just gonna give you a like for that avatar. Made me laugh. Could you link me to the original picture? want to save it lol 

Edited by xx984, 12 November 2017 - 02:08 AM.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Taking artythreads as an example is a very bad idea, that whole topic is dominated by crykids. I prefer the forum to be free of the same old spam threads about that stuff.

JuicyProduction #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27045 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

View PostJigabachi, on 12 November 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

Taking artythreads as an example is a very bad idea, that whole topic is dominated by crykids. I prefer the forum to be free of the same old spam threads about that stuff.

Well arty is broke af. Those ''crykids'' probably have valid points. 

Codename_Jelly #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles
woop woop, can get into a thread before its locked.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45355 battles

The problem would seem to be not everyone wants the same thing but posters still continue to assume that their personal view of the game is what the majority want.

As in most people want arty removed ....... Really ? are you that sure that because you dislike arty and there are a lot of posts about it that its a majority viewpoint.

Same with Premium Ammo the Matchmaking Maps and a whole pile of other stuff though those 4 seem to be the most popular subjects.

There is literally nothing wargaming can do to please everyone because there is no common viewpoint.

So those with an axe to grind continue to get frustrated and post endless threads trying to get their way, because they are convinced that they are backed up by this huge number of players that think the same way.

If there were a huge number of players that so hate something in the game wouldn't you think they would crash the forum every time someone posted a hate thread.

You wouldn't just get the same 20 or so posters there would be many hundreds every day posting about it and polls wouldn't end up with a 50 or 60 posts but again hundreds.

I suspect the majority just don't care that much one way or the other.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17726 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJuicyProduction, on 12 November 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

Well arty is broke af.

Not really, no.

Block Quote

Those ''crykids'' probably have valid points.

Yes, some players have valid points about arty I fully agree with. The crykids don't.

malachi6 #8 Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48570 battles

View PostJuicyProduction, on 12 November 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

How about actually doing something about the no.1 thing that people hate? This sh*t is a joke.

Untitled.png

The reason people make more threads other than the 'designated one' is because despite it being the ''official'' thread made BY ADMINS nothing players say is taken into account. Look at the suggestions thread, nothing taken into account. Thread about arty still being piss annoying and nothing being done about it.

WG would stop sh*tting on what people are telling you and you wouldn't have to close threads (:

The main reason people make repeated arty threads is simply that they cannot be bothered to use either the search function or read the stickys at the top of the page.  Next comes the fact that the majority of threads are created  by people being butt-hurt and venting to no constructive purpose (I point you to your own post.).

Additionally, arty is not the number one thing I hate.  my number one hate is the toxicity of people hiding behind the internet while playing what is supposed to be a game.  Thing is, I do not make posts regarding my pet peeve.  As many people create posts stating how much they hate the toxicity.  Why add to that in a new post when I can simply try to add to an existing conversation.

Edited by malachi6, 12 November 2017 - 04:51 AM.

250swb #9 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20756 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's true, if there were a million players in the forums wanting arty banned or nerfed then WG would have a sanction for drastic action. But within the greater player base it's only an insignificant few crykids who get caught up in the hubris of the Internet and mistakenly think 'I' means 'we'.

unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

How about actually doing something about the no.1 thing that I hate? This sh*t is a joke.

Untitled.png

The reason people make more threads other than the 'designated one' is because despite it being the ''official'' thread made BY ADMINS nothing I say is taken into account. Look at the suggestions thread, nothing taken into account. Thread about arty still being piss annoying and nothing being done about it.

WG would stop sh*tting on what I am telling you and you wouldn't have to close threads (:

There you go. Corrected.

jabster #11 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Translation of the OP: It’s not fair that the game isn’t centred around what I want.

Bennie182 #12 Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50328 battles
spamtopic.. yay..

Blubba #13 Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51560 battles

View PostJuicyProduction, on 12 November 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

How about actually doing something about the no.1 thing that people hate? This sh*t is a joke.

Untitled.png

WG would stop sh*tting on what people are telling you and you wouldn't have to close threads (:

Maybe they did take what a lot of players said into account. Maybe they thought bollocks?

Ok, 'thought' might be over complicating it but maybe that's what happened?

Or, maybe they thought "Lets do something about this" and started a thread specifically to house all these 'suggestions' so that the rest of the forum was just a little more constructive?

Maybe they thought if people still keep opening threads about it and having them closed when there is a thread specifically set up for this, they'll stop?

Maybe WG still haven't realised that these types of players still go to the beach on Overlord?

Just a thought....

Spek_en_Bonen #14 Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 31489 battles

View Postxx984, on 12 November 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

just gonna give you a like for that avatar. Made me laugh. Could you link me to the original picture? want to save it lol 

You can use mine.

'Tis less unoriginal... (as in, been using it for almost a year now)

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 12 November 2017 - 09:21 AM.

jack_timber #15 Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31120 battles

Well this makes a change. A whine post about the the arty whiners posts that are locked.

So is this arty whiners to the power of 2?

Presume this will be locked shortly....

K_A #16 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjack_timber, on 12 November 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Well this makes a change. A whine post about the the arty whiners posts that are locked.

So is this arty whiners to the power of 2?

Presume this will be locked shortly....

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19655 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you started a poll on the number 1 pet hate of everyone in this game. I can guarantee you it will not be artillery.

For me it's maps.

It should give you a hint that the official arty thread is only 17 pages long....

Edited by RamRaid90, 12 November 2017 - 10:12 AM.

cragarion #18 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles

You know perhaps if all these idiots and crybabies actually used the official post instead of annoying the staff by opening new threads everyday when they have been asked not to,

1/ the official thread would be so large they would have to take notice of it,

2/ they would not just think bah another arsehole opening an illegal thread and close it without even reading it, and instead think ah a caring customer posting in the right place lets see what they have to say and read it.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62747 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Untitled.png

Well do we really need one more topic arguing about the same thing? When there are already 3 above it? Then again arty topics have a tendency to get out of hand fast. And are usually closed for language and other forum violations more so then duplicate topics.

Look at the suggestions thread, nothing taken into account. Thread about arty still being piss annoying and nothing being done about it.

Thing is... that everyone thinks that their idea will make the game better. But there are equally many that think it's the stupidest idea ever. What works for some, don't work for others. And it's WG job to figure out what works for most, not just a few. Regardless of what it is. As we have seen how well changes in this game have gone before. Even with class changes or something as simple as a UI fix.

Then again..... we all know how well it went for the game that did take everything into consideration. And added everything the players wanted. It was a mess that died out in a few months. That game proved that it's great to listen to your players. But it's not ideal to do everything they want. There is a fine balance. Do WG have that balance? Not really. But they still don't wander far from it.

Nohe21 #20 Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

• 764 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
*Thread closed due to non constructive and discussing moderation actions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users