• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28207 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

howdy tankers,

So as we've had the usual weekend threads re  OP premiums ( especially you 252U) and pay2win, gold spam ruining game etc I thought I'd create something different.

I was thinking to myself as I bought the cromwell how nice it is that it's virtually the same as the cromwell B, then I thought how the thunderbolt and Fury are similar to the Easy8, the IS2 to the IS.  I came to the conclusion that these tonks are good for the game, they are balanced compared to their free brothers and you pay for the crew and earning potential - this seems fair as WG need cash to run their business and if all premiums were done this way I dont think sales would be impacted too much and better crews do less to destroy game balance than OP tanks 

What do you think folks ? What other premium tanks out there  do you think are good value but not gamebreaking ? 

Balc0ra #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I never did mind the premiums that are close to their equals. There are minor differences ofc, but nothing game breaking. It's better vs the old premiums that usually only did excel in one or two areas vs the normal one. And not equal on most of them. Like the old Lowe that only had a better turret and more pen on the gun vs the Tiger II. Now after the many buffs, inc side armor. It's more on pair on the rest. I never did like the idea of making premium excel in several areas vs the normal counterpart. Like the Defender or Patriot. T32 got nothing on the Patriot on almost anything.

As for others? Chi-Nu-Kai comes to mind to. Same gun, same dpm, same hull as the normal one. But with a stronger turret and more gun elevation. But less engine power and mobility. Not useless vs it's normal tank. But not broken either. It's trained every Jap crew I have almost. So I ended up with 500+ games in it. You could say I got my values worth.

Even some of the more recent premiums have shown it. Then again... have you seen the stats of the new tier 8 French prem LT? It's the size of an MS-1 that drives 70 km/h. Even with the 15mm of armor, and the 3 round 175 pen clip gun with 1350 dpm. I suspect it will be one of the best passive scouts in the game.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 November 2017 - 04:08 PM.

shane73tank #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28207 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 November 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I never did mind the premiums that are close to their equals. There are minor differences ofc, but nothing game breaking. It's better vs the old premiums that usually only did excel in one or two areas vs the normal one. And not equal on most of them. Like the old Lowe that only had a better turret and more pen on the gun vs the Tiger II. Now after the many buffs, inc side armor. It's more on pair on the rest. I never did like the idea of making premium excel in several areas vs the normal counterpart. Like the Defender or Patriot. T32 got nothing on the Patriot on almost anything.

As for others? Chi-Nu-Kai comes to mind to. Same gun, same dpm, same hull as the normal one. But with a stronger turret and more gun elevation. But less engine power and mobility. Not useless vs it's normal tank. But not broken either. It's trained every Jap crew I have almost. So I ended up with 500+ games in it. You could say I got my values worth.

Even some of the more recent premiums have shown it. Then again... have you seen the stats of the new tier 8 French prem LT? It's the size of an MS-1 that drives 70 km/h. Even with the 15mm of armor, and the 3 round 175 pen clip gun with 1350 dpm. I suspect it will be one of the best passive scouts in the game.

not seen the stats but at least with low DPM then it wont be game breaking  so I dont have a problem with that

ExclamationMark #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

CDC used to be a good tank. With the new MM you get screwed over most games, and in the "lucky" cases where you are top tier (either in 3-5-7, 5-10 or full T8 format) you also get screwed over most games. Because you are playing a 2+ year old prem whereas some mouthbreathers on the enemy team are playing the new tanks. 

IS6 was always balanced IMO, the pen was the balancing factor of the tank. With good pen it would've been hella OP. Now it's just stupid. Playing it in SH even... it's a joke. The WZ111 and 112 which used to be the worse tanks of the 122mm T8 heavies, are now the better ones and still somewhat good - after they got buffs. The 250mm HEAT was always useful and is still sufficient today for most situations. 

Mutz is basically in the same category as the CDC now but is IMO still the more useful tank (if you can call it useful). It at the very least doesn't get overmatched by literally everything it meets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users