• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Tipperty #61 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16913 battles
  • [QSF-E] QSF-E

View PostHugSeal, on 14 November 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

If people don't want to pay 1 euro for a day of entertainment why would they pay 30 cents for virtually the same thing? I don't see that as a winning tryout for WG would lead to thousnads of more people buying it?

How do you think the palyerbase would react then they pull it back? I'd say outroar.

Well we will never know unless WG try it out, as for people or the community outraged if they discontinue it. Well all WG have to do is make it clear it is a trial to see how it goes. But lets be honest the people that will be outraged about it, are the same people that are outraged about anything. Like the free girl.

Homer_J #62 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25605 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTipperty, on 14 November 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Well we will never know unless WG try it out, 

You can be pretty certain that WG's accountants have looked into it, and they have the numbers on how many pay for 1 day and only play 25 minutes.  You can be pretty sure that they are certain it won't make them any more money no matter how you slice it.

jabster #63 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12127 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 14 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

But what most people want when they ask for "greater flexibility" is really a cheaper option for them, and that isn't going to happen.  Just buy 1/3/6/12 months at a time and accept that's as cheap as it's going to get and then get out of the mindset that you are paying for time you are not using.

But that doesn’t invalidate the concept of having more flexibility in purchase options. To put it simply, whatever changes you make some people will just moan anyway but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make the change.

Edit: I should add that I think you’re correct in the OP’s case as they claimed they wouldn’t buy a month of premium as they may get ‘only’ one hundred hours of playtime in that month. Just how cheap do they want it before they part with their money?

Edited by jabster, 15 November 2017 - 11:13 AM.

Geno1isme #64 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37349 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postjabster, on 15 November 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

But that doesn’t invalidate the concept of having more flexibility in purchase options. To put it simply, whatever changes you make some people will just moan anyway but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make the change.

Too many different options are going to confuse people. Especially if you start mixing real-time premium and online-time premium concepts (I've seen it in other games where "premium account" included different benefits based on how you got it). And as outlined earlier, just providing shorter amounts of premium time is pointless as they wouldn't be cheaper (seriously, does anybody think that people make use of more than 10-20% of the 24 hour duration?).

Doesn't really matter how much you guys argue about it anyway, WG has already decided a long time ago that it's not worth it:

- "there will be no “premium account freeze” button, it is unprofitable for WG, this was decided long ago" - http://ftr.wot-news....8/26/26-8-2014/

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #65 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13894 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

In my opinion the premium account sales of less than 1 month are not worth it anyway. 

For example 1 month premium account costs less than 10 times that of 1 day. So unless you play only occasionally, the 1 month is a much better buy...

... and if you play occasionally anyway, I don't think it's worth spending money on premium time.

jabster #66 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12127 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 15 November 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

In my opinion the premium account sales of less than 1 month are not worth it anyway. 

For example 1 month premium account costs less than 10 times that of 1 day. So unless you play only occasionally, the 1 month is a much better buy...

... and if you play occasionally anyway, I don't think it's worth spending money on premium time.

I had always assumed the really short duration prices we really just to make the larger ones seem more attractive.

CmdRatScabies #67 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30199 battles

View Postjabster, on 15 November 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

I had always assumed the really short duration prices we really just to make the larger ones seem more attractive.

I think WG apply that to all their prices - discounted specials are the real price in game and in premium shop.

Holdes #68 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13425 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 14 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

A sincere question though. What gap does a 1 or 2 hour premium time fill when you can buy 2 hour xp boosting reserves and credits? 

I'm happy that you don't argue any more that renting a flat or a car does make any valid analogy to buying premium time in online video game :).

By the way, I withdraw my claim that your questions prove opposite point of view. What I meant was that they were pointless.

I already said why personal reserves are not 100% alternative to premium account. It's because premium account stacks with all personal reserves most of the players already have. 

Edited by Holdes, 15 November 2017 - 12:30 PM.

HugSeal #69 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19967 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostHoldes, on 15 November 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I'm happy that you don't argue any more that renting a flat or a car does make any valid analogy to buying premium time in online video game :).

By the way, I withdraw my claim that your questions prove opposite point of view. What I meant was that they were pointless.

I already said why personal reserves are not 100% alternative to premium account. It's because premium account stacks with all personal reserves most of the players already have. 

I'm happy you realize the analogy still stands and doesn't need to be argued more. :)''I still don't get why you quoted me talking about somethng as a step for you to argue something else?

Holdes #70 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13425 battles

View PostHugSeal, on 15 November 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

I'm happy you realize the analogy still stands and doesn't need to be argued more. :)'

Sorry it does not. Physical objects that are rented are only rented for you and nobody else can use them at the same time when they are rented to you. That is why nobody cares if you are in appartment or in the car - it's there only for you.  

It does not apply to video game. Premium time could be calculated and charged in any way, including how then OP suggested. Whether that makes sense is a different matter. But just because rented cars are appartments are paid for in a different way does not matter here.

unhappy_bunny #71 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15650 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

so 1 day of premium costs 93p. If you used 3 hours that makes it 31p per hour. If you were keen (stupid?) enough to play a solid 24 hours that would make it around 4p per hour. What would you like the shorter periods to cost? Bear in mind that if 1000's of player went for this idea, that would mean 1000's of small, unprofitable transactions to be processed on a daily basis. Does that make any business sense?

And I expect WG could put in place a means to stop the premium countdown, as the OP would like. But that would need major changes to the game, as it would need to be handled server side, It would need to track every player that has permium time enabled to see if they were logged in and then to stop their timer and store the result when they log out. And does the OP want the timer stopped if he stays logged in but has not gone into a battle? 

And all this fuss over a petty amount for something that is benificial to the player. And they call WG greedy!

View PostHoldes, on 15 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Sorry it does not. Physical objects that are rented are only rented for you and nobody else can use them at the same time when they are rented to you. That is why nobody cares if you are in appartment or in the car - it's there only for you.  

It does not apply to video game. Premium time could be calculated and charged in any way, including how then OP suggested. Whether that makes sense is a different matter. But just because rented cars are appartments are paid for in a different way does not matter here.

Actually, I agree with Hugseal on this. The analogy does stand. Just because you are in an appartment or car is irrelevent. Only you can buy and use your premium time. Others can buy and use their premium time just as they can rent an apartment or car and the same terms apply to them as to you. Everything that is charged for could be charged for in a different way, not just video games. You need to find a better arguement my friend. 

Holdes #72 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13425 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Actually, I agree with Hugseal on this. The analogy does stand. Just because you are in an appartment or car is irrelevent. Only you can buy and use your premium time. Others can buy and use their premium time just as they can rent an apartment or car and the same terms apply to them as to you. Everything that is charged for could be charged for in a different way, not just video games. You need to find a better arguement my friend. 

But why should premium time be charged exactly like renting car and appartment, regardless of you're using it or not? 

What makes sense for car or appartment (nobody can use rented car or appartment when it's rented to you), does not necessarily apply to online video game. Your premium time does not affect or depend on anybody else's premium time, and it is trivial to track when you're using it.

CmdRatScabies #73 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30199 battles

View PostHoldes, on 15 November 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

But why should premium time be charged exactly like renting car and appartment, regardless of you're using it or not?

What makes sense for car or appartment (nobody can use rented car or appartment when it's rented to you), does not necessarily apply to online video game. Your premium time does not affect or depend on anybody else's premium time, and it is trivial to track when you're using it.

So if I was WG, what would be in it for me?  How would it make me more profit?

Holdes #74 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13425 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 15 November 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

So if I was WG, what would be in it for me?  How would it make me more profit?

Well you would have to pay for the premium time, obviously :D.

It is of course difficult to say whether it would be more profitable for WG with such option only. Maybe it would be if it was parallel to what there is now - perhaps there would be players that would be willing to pay more for this than for the "ticking away" option.

The current option is better for players that play rather more than less. The less you play the bigger the cost per time unit spent in game, and the more you play, the bigger probability that you will buy premium again, I guess. Maybe that's enough argument for WG to have it as it is? I don't know.

Sarm3c #75 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47683 battles
  • [CTIME] CTIME
Once I got as a revard 30 days of prem... I had no clue... but I was about to leave for work to another city for a month.. more or less.... I have not played one single day of those 30 days of prem.... does it have sense.... not for me... if I got 24 hrs of prem that is counting down only while playin.... would have  a lot more sense to me.... 

jabster #76 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12127 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSarm3c, on 15 November 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Once I got as a revard 30 days of prem... I had no clue... but I was about to leave for work to another city for a month.. more or less.... I have not played one single day of those 30 days of prem.... does it have sense.... not for me... if I got 24 hrs of prem that is counting down only while playin.... would have  a lot more sense to me.... 

You ‘lost’ a whole £9. My heart bleeds.

unhappy_bunny #77 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15650 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostHoldes, on 15 November 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

So renting a car! Firstly you go to a car rental outfit and pick up a vehicle. That vehicle is yours for the rental period. The car next to it is available to rent, as is the next and the next. How many car rental operators only have 1 car to rent? Likewise, you rent an apartment. It is yours for the rental period. You are not renting every apartment in the town, the others are still available. Likewise, when you buy premium time, you are not preventing anyone else from taking premium time. Therefore, although the circumstances are slightly different, the principle is still there. You dont have a countdown timer running that stops when you park the car or leave the apartment.

Besides, why the sudden need to change the system that has been in place for ages? Should WG compensate all the players that have previously had premium accounts? No. Lets get more changes to the game, and risk more bugs and problems, and leave the real issues unfixed, just so some snowflakes can get their "money's worth". People like that are often seen at the buffet in an all- inclusive hotel, piling their plate as high as possible, or drinking beers as quick as possible, just to ensure they get they money' worth. 

Geno1isme #78 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37349 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 November 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Besides, why the sudden need to change the system that has been in place for ages?

It's not a "sudden need", this topic has come up constantly pretty much since release day. People just can't accept that it makes no sense for WG to change this at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users