Boring player

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Gugnelid #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

Guys, I have a simple question - is there a rule penalising players who play with one tank only?

Why am I asking - I play IS-3 and my average tier gets only worse and worse, there are only two maps where the majority of battles is tier 8 and one of them is Prokhorovka which is balanced back by the Fiery Salient where tier 10 and 9 vastly prevail.

On the other hand average tier is terrible and I barely see tier 8 while my "best" record is 23 battles in a row without having been top tier.

Plus maps I feel good and I perform well are rarely given (usually city maps) while maps with open space and no-hide fields are oftenly seen. Sattistics - Kharkov I see once in 65 battles and Murovanka is once in 22-23 closely followed by Malinovka.

So again - do you think MM is fixed to make you quit a tank you "like"?

Plus my RNG is total fail - in nearly 75% of the cases I do below average damage, of course not counting kill-shots that recently come hard. :)

K_A #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Guys, I have a simple question - is there a rule penalising players who play with one tank only?

No.

Why am I asking - I play IS-3 and my average tier gets only worse and worse, there are only two maps where the majority of battles is tier 8 and one of them is Prokhorovka which is balanced back by the Fiery Salient where tier 10 and 9 vastly prevail.

Unless you have any actual stats of this, this is just confirmation bias.

On the other hand average tier is terrible and I barely see tier 8 while my "best" record is 23 battles in a row without having been top tier.

This is the current state of matchmaking for all tier 8 tanks, not just yours.

Plus maps I feel good and I perform well are rarely given (usually city maps) while maps with open space and no-hide fields are oftenly seen. Sattistics - Kharkov I see once in 65 battles and Murovanka is once in 22-23 closely followed by Malinovka.

Again, confirmation bias.

So again - do you think MM is fixed to make you quit a tank you "like"?

Why in the world would it be?

Plus my RNG is total fail - in nearly 75% of the cases I do below average damage, of course not counting kill-shots that recently come hard.

Once again, confirmation bias.

Gugnelid #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

K_A, thanks for making the effort to respond but frankly speaking I do not see the point you did.

On the points there:

1. I suspected there was but really hope you are right. On what ground are you saying there is no such penalty?

2. Believe it or not I have a record of more than 15,000 battles in IS-3 and what I am saying is totally true. Can upload the statistics if needed.

3. Still 23 seems far too high number, don't you think?

4. Around 4,800 battles of record, to me this sounds enough.

5. To make people play more tanks and be more versatile rather than being morons like me :)

6. This I can not confirm by record, just studying the one-shot no-kill results after each battle and making assumptions bearing in mind the ammoracks, fires and kill-shots.

Thanks once again for paying attention to my post.

Homer_J #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

K_A, thanks for making the effort to respond but frankly speaking I do not see the point you did.

The point is that you have decided there is some penalty for only playing one tank and therefore you see that penalty in action even if it isn't.

It's called confirmation bias, it's a human trait.  What you need to do is start making a record of every map you play and then you will maybe be able to see past your preconceived ideas.

Can upload the statistics if needed.

If you had them you would have already provided them.  We've heard that one a thousand times.

Edited by Homer_J, 13 November 2017 - 10:13 AM.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

No

By design, as often mentioned, the 3-5-7 MM system will always mathematically mean that you are most likely going to be either bottom or mid tier, there is a much great chance for you to be chosen as one of the 12 bottom or mid tier tanks over getting chosen as the one of 3 top tier players. It's just the design of it, not punishment but feels perhaps more of a discrimination for playing anything other than tier9 and 10. You, me and everyone else now gets to be bottom tier most of the time and no this doesn't work out that you get to be top tier once every 1 in 5 battles since 3 top tier tanks of 15 tanks is a 1 in 5, no no, in reality, because there is only a 1 in 5 chance of being top tier, it works out that you will be bottom tier almost every battle, it isn't fixed to a "well I was bottom tier for 4 battles so now I should be top tier for the next" not like this, more like you will be bottom or mid tier for maybe 9-10 out of 11 battles thereabouts.

there are only two maps where the majority of battles is tier 8 and one of them is Prokhorovka which is balanced back by the Fiery Salient where tier 10 and 9 vastly prevail.

No this is not true, you may feel this way simply because you will be more aware of the maps you don't like whenever they feature and some days do feature one or two particular maps with alarming frequency but overall battles right now are on close quarter and urban maps, this is why I, up until very recently, abandoned playing LTs and turretless TDs. I feel so much more comfortable now using MTs and recently took on a T-10, all because 3 times out of 4 battles are on close quarters or urban maps, fact.

Oh and a tier9 and 10 should prevail over a tier8 but you can still be a significant factor in the outcome of these battles by supporting your higher tier teammates and turning 1 tier10 vs 1 tier10 into 1 tier10 and 1 tier8 vs 1 tier10, that's still going to be 5000dpm vs 2500dpm and you both survive and carry on down the map to engage the next enemy.

Plus my RNG is total fail - in nearly 75% of the cases I do below average damage, of course not counting kill-shots that recently come hard. :)

Nah, probably just seems that way or you're having a particularly one sided taste of RNG which will balance out. RNG is supposedly a 25% influencing factor though this, like MM, is not confined to some sort of predictable pattern as to when exactly this is going to happen. In other words, 1 in 4 shots are statistically going to be negatively influenced by RNG but that does not mean because you have had 3 very good shots that the 4th will be a complete stinker. You may not see negative RNG for any of your shots that battle in fact, this is statistically the more likely outcome being it's the 75% likely outcome, but it is also possible to have the low percentage battles in which most shots are totally ruined by RNG and all those 1 in 4 shots rain in for what seems like every shot, this is possible now and then albeit the much lower percentage outcome.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 November 2017 - 10:16 AM.

iztok #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

> Why am I asking - I play IS-3 and my average tier gets only worse and worse

Tier-8 MM is broken, likely because there's too many tier-10 and 9 tanks waiting for a battle. 

jack_timber #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles
15k battles now that's impressive. Can I ask as to the crew % and how many skills, perks you have. Thanks.

Pvt_Duffer #8 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Given that your tank of choice is the IS3, I would suggest you make sure you have disabled assault and encounter battles, might make some difference, given that those who disable it often complain that they never get to play on any open maps,

Junglist_ #9 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35962 battles
Tier 8 mm is complete garbage, have you considered moving up to T-10? Also a great tank and at least tier 9 has a much better mm.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Waiting for all the collected data.

Gugnelid #11 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 13 November 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

If you had them you would have already provided them.  We've heard that one a thousand times.

I am in the office and I play from home so my record is there, no need to be sarcastic. What is my gain if I say that and have no record?

View Postjack_timber, on 13 November 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

15k battles now that's impressive. Can I ask as to the crew % and how many skills, perks you have. Thanks.

99% of the 7th, around 330K experience left to top one of the crew members.

KillingJoker #12 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32114 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I dont get it...Whats wrong with playing with only one tank? 

When i read the topic tittle i was thinking this was a topic about coward players who sit in the back of heavy tanks doing absolutly nothing other than siting in the corner

waiting for them to fail or win so they can keep following them...

Yesterday i got triggered by an idiot who was playing the 59 Patton, and he wasnt either supporting me.... or the Type 5 heavy player who was in the other route in abbey

he was just there... siting... doing nothing, not shoting, not spoting, doing absolutely Nothing... so i falled back despite having 3 tanks in front of me wanting to kill me...

and i started pulling that guy in the back just to see if he reacted (to check if he wasnt some sort of bot...)

he wasnt.... Edited... i managed to permatrack the enemy WZ 111 - A4 and the Jagtiger was killed by the Type 5 heavy...

passive players... boring players, Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 16 November 2017 - 11:37 AM.

Gugnelid #13 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 13 November 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Given that your tank of choice is the IS3, I would suggest you make sure you have disabled assault and encounter battles, might make some difference, given that those who disable it often complain that they never get to play on any open maps,

Assault was disabled in maybe 99% of those battles I mention.

Edited by Gugnelid, 13 November 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I am in the office and I play from home so my record is there, no need to be sarcastic. What is my gain if I say that and have no record?

Ask that all the guys who claim similar things without having any evidence at all.

Gugnelid #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 13 November 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I dont get it...Whats wrong with playing with only one tank? 

I just consider myself a boring player :)

View PostJunglist_, on 13 November 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Tier 8 mm is complete garbage, have you considered moving up to T-10? Also a great tank and at least tier 9 has a much better mm.

T-10 is not used in CW... and when I decided to play IS-3 that massively that was a very good tier 8 tank. So T-10 is useless for anything but randoms I am afraid.

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

Can upload the statistics if needed.

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I am in the office and I play from home so my record is there, no need to be sarcastic. 

Alright, come back when you have them. And yes, there's every need as so far everyone who claimed to have data/statistics never actually shared it.

Gugnelid #17 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 13 November 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ask that all the guys who claim similar things without having any evidence at all.

Maybe you have the right not to believe but I have that record, especially for IS-3 I started recording the map as well about 4,700 battles ago when I realised things were going totally wrong with playing maps I do not like (open maps) and hardly seeing maps I do like (city maps in general).

How can I upload the IS-3 sheet? (I also have around 12K battles in KV-1S before they turned it into KV-85 when I stopped)

Jigabachi #18 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

things were going totally wrong with playing maps I do not like (open maps) and hardly seeing maps I do like (city maps in general).

I do indeed not believe that as the number of city- and corridor maps is WAY higher than the number of open maps.

Gugnelid #19 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43820 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 13 November 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Alright, come back when you have them. And yes, there's every need as so far everyone who claimed to have data/statistics never actually shared it.

So what difference will it make? You do not believe me now, when I upload it (please say how) you will say I made it up and it is false just to make myself smart...

AliceUnchained #20 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostGugnelid, on 13 November 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

So what difference will it make? You do not believe me now, when I upload it (please say how) you will say I made it up and it is false just to make myself smart...

Trust me, providing the data really won't make you smart all of a sudden... Providing data will add to your credibility somewhat, where there is none now. As others have already commented, confirmation bias is quite common. Without data, it is the most reasonable to assume that is in fact what is happening. We all suffer from what, we all engage in it at times. So providing actual data should remove (some) skepticism, and give us an insight into what actually happened. Best approach would have been to keep all the replays, and use replay analyzer, then share the screen shot of the data.

What file format(s) do you have for your collected data? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users