9.21 - British AT TD armor buffs - and I thought that 9.21 was a neat patch without retarded changes...

o_ho_best_tank_in_the_game

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #21 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27235 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I wouldent touch these even if they had 300 frontal armor. seriously they are horrible in every single aspect. they bring no joy playing these and the armor was just 1 of its many tragic flaws. gun sucks and the 32 pounder is still garbage 220 pen, the alphas still pathetic, the tanks a free kill for anything remotely close.

ares354 #22 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 13 November 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I wouldent touch these even if they had 300 frontal armor. seriously they are horrible in every single aspect. they bring no joy playing these and the armor was just 1 of its many tragic flaws. gun sucks and the 32 pounder is still garbage 220 pen, the alphas still pathetic, the tanks a free kill for anything remotely close.

I would take Tortie over 183 EVERY [edited]day....183 is pile of crap. 

Strappster #23 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 24915 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 13 November 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why? the tier 8 has a freaking 220pen gun.. at tier8... thats worse than same tier heavys. disgusting.

Because they look like 1950s Dan Dare spaceships and that makes me smile.

tajj7 #24 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Kran weakspot is hull, HIS DPM is abysmal, gun stats as well, his reload is long and unload in long as well. Lower plate will pen all tank he meet and HE is HT not TD. 

E3 goes 24 not over 30 like new Budger. He dont have top DPM in game, so this is one reason for insane armor. He is slow, easy to flank or perma track. He dont have Tortie gun arc!! IS 7hull is wekaspot, gun is trsh, dpm is low, no gun dep, not insane aim time or dpm...

All tanks you talk about are tier 10, ffs. Tortie is tier 9. 

Hide cupola is easy, you dont fight where u cant hid your weakspots...

Low pen for 0.3 acc? What can say Foch, Su 122 54 ? 400 is fine for best DPM in game, 259 pen with 0.3 acc vs SU 122 54 258 AP pen and 0,35 acc. JT is usper slow as well, he has better top speed and abysmal hull armor in compere. So if he hide ONE weakspot he will have left for low tier IS FINE TO REKT other tank. I can in WZ 111 go [edited]myself when I meet new Tortie COZ HE NEED ARMOR and SICK DPM plus SICK GUN ? You have 0!!! idea of balance. IF Tortie get armor buff, NERF HIS GUN, WG buff top speed of t95 and dont nerf rest, NOW WE HAVE broken TD, Tortie will be next. 

No sit in front, IF I AM top tier, my job is to fight tier 9 tanks...if you wont fight top tier he will kill low tiers...

JT has more top speed, he is not faster. JT has worse power to weight, and more top speed, do research btw. Gun have more pen but dont have so good gun arc. Hull down JT is shooted with premium ammo and pen easy. Hes Tortie using corner should have weakspot, JT can use corner, SU 122 54 cant, many TD cant use corner as Tortie can...Insane gun and dpm plus armor with no weakspot for low tiers is ONLY good idea if tank is British... TORTOISE was crapin real life, like Maus. 

You are biased fool...

@Balc0ra

You know that ONLY Tortie was ever build in this line of assault TD ? What about German assault TD, they can have front full of weakspots ? HOW MANY weakspot Ferdi have over T28 or AT 15 ? lower plate, hull cheeks, for over 240 pen front itself...

JT hull is weakspot for all gun he meet, for GOLD PEN is 250 mm armor is weakspot....MOST ARMORED WW II TD ever build and see combat, unlike Tortie. 

JP e100, wekaspot in front on hull ,and for gold ammo, all front is weakspot....

Soviet 263 TD changes will get insane armor buffs, new buff to British line of armored TD. Tortie had worse armor in real life then JT, but in this game it wont be case anymore..German assault TD need to have front full of weakspots. 

More facepalm, you are really clueless about the game.

Block Quote

Kran weakspot is hull, HIS DPM is abysmal, gun stats as well, his reload is long and unload in long as well. Lower plate will pen all tank he meet and HE is HT not TD. 

Yeh cos hiding the hull is hard, not like you can use ridges, bumps, wrecks, walls whatever, hardly hard with -12 gun depression either. It also an autoloader which is a lot more threatening than DPM.

Whereas hiding a giant cupola means you can only use the corners of building and only left hand corners, totally the same as being able to hull down in almost every spot.

Totally.

Block Quote

E3 goes 24 not over 30 like new Budger. He dont have top DPM in game, so this is one reason for insane armor. He is slow, easy to flank or perma track. He dont have Tortie gun arc!! IS 7hull is wekaspot, gun is trsh, dpm is low, no gun dep, not insane aim time or dpm...

24 is still higher than 20 and it has 750 alpha with nearly 300 pen and 375 pen APCR, that is way more than what is a heavy tank gun. 

As for IS7, again, hull is not a weakspot, LFP is a weakspot and it is easy to hide that but of course a moron like you thinks that is the same as being able to hide a giant cupola on top of the tank.

Block Quote

And? Emil 2, Conqueror, T95, Jagdtiger, all faster and better hull down. 

Hiding the cupola is not easy that is nonsense, it requires corners of buildings and you can ONLY USE ONE SIDE. 

That is just the most stupid statement that you think hiding a giant cupola on the top of the tank is the same as having strong turrets or super structures that allow you to go hull down in multiple spots. 

There are probably 2-3 spots at best on most maps where the Tortoise can completely hide it's cupola, there are probably a hundred spots plus where tanks can get hull down, thousands if they have good gun depression.

Block Quote

Low pen for 0.3 acc? What can say Foch, Su 122 54 ? 400 is fine for best DPM in game, 259 pen with 0.3 acc vs SU 122 54 258 AP pen and 0,35 acc. JT is usper slow as well, he has better top speed and abysmal hull armor in compere. 

Foch has an autoloader, it does 1600 damage in 7.2s, the Tortoise can do 800 damage in that time. The Foch goes 50 kph and still has better frontal armour.

The SU-122-54 has 440 alpha, is way way way more mobile and is getting down graded to tier 8 anyway so is irrelevant.

Jagdtiger has good pen, high alpha, excellent accuracy, good gun stats, goes 50% faster than a Tortoise, has very good shell velocity, an amazing APCR round and can hull down with over 260 efective armour. 

But that is so weak, you are such a biased wehraboo. 

Block Quote

So if he hide ONE weakspot he will have left for low tier IS FINE TO REKT other tank. I can in WZ 111 go [edited]myself when I meet new Tortie COZ HE NEED ARMOR and SICK DPM plus SICK GUN ? You have 0!!! idea of balance. 

See this is why you are so bad at the game.

You take a mobile tier 8 heavium that goes 50 kph, has a turret and you go fight an Assault TD front on in a static position. 

Yes it is fine for a Tortoise hiding it's giant cupola, in a limited defensive position to be strong against lower tier tanks, what would the point of a slow, turret less assault TD be if it couldn't at least get in some positions where it is difficult to pem.

Why would you expect to easily pen an Assault TD with 175 pen? You shouldn't, use your brain. The Tortoise is the easy tank in the world to out play because it's super slow and has no turret. 

DPM is also one of the most over rated attributes in the game, it is completely countered by using cover. The game is about alpha, not DPM, DPM on a slow turretless tank is even more useless. 

Block Quote

IF Tortie get armor buff, NERF HIS GUN, WG buff top speed of t95 and dont nerf rest, NOW WE HAVE broken TD, Tortie will be next. 

Again this shows how clueless you are, T95 is premium ammo proof, has tiny weakspots not a gaint shoot me here sign like the Tortoise, has very good camo and has a 750 alpha gun. Tortoise has none of those things.

Block Quote

No sit in front, IF I AM top tier, my job is to fight tier 9 tanks...if you wont fight top tier he will kill low tiers...

Yeh again tanks shouldn't be weak because you are sh*t at the game, use your brain. Don't fight the Tortoise in a strong position. 

Oh wait I forgot you don't have a brain and you drive at tier 9 TDs in strong positions in your limited MM tier 8 heavy and expect to pen them with 175 pen.

Block Quote

Hes Tortie using corner should have weakspot, JT can use corner,

Tortoise can't hull down so seems only fair the Jagdtiger should get a giant cupola that is 150mm effective and is really easy to shoot so everyone can pen it hull down.

Especially as anyone who has a working knowledge of this game knows that being able to go hull down is much more useful than being able to work only certain corners of certain buildings. 

Basically you are whining because a British tank is getting a deserved buff, but a German tank that doesn't need a buff is not getting one, well boo hoo, go whine somewhere else, you clearly have no idea how the game works. 

ares354 #25 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles
On some site there are new armor model for Tortie, who for Tajj will always be weak. Effective armor in now over 270, over 57 mm roof armor, and you must hit cupola in the middle to pen. Tortie LOST all weakspot in front for LOW TIER, and DPM STAYS same. 

But for Tajj, is its Birtish is can be OP, coz he is fanboy 

Balc0ra #26 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

@Balc0ra

You know that ONLY Tortie was ever build in this line of assault TD ?

So they are bush TD's then?  Don't matter what they were ever built around. They are still classed, and treated as an assault TD's here. Unless you think 201mm of armor is fine for a tier 5 "support" TD?. If we went on what real life was. Then half the guns, tanks and turrets would be gone from most.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 November 2017 - 03:14 PM.

ares354 #27 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 November 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

So they are bush TD's then?  Don't matter what they were ever built around. They are still classed, and treated as an assault TD's here. If we went on what real life was. Then half the guns, tanks and turrets would be gone from most.

Look on TD like Ferdi, T28 AT 15? Whos armor will be worst after 9.21? Ferdi ofc ? Ferdi is assault TD, and he armor mean nothing in new meta, same JT. 

JP e100 is assault line TD< full of weakspot in front. 

Now Torti have over 270 effective armor on front hull to over 400, no roof weakspot, GL in tier 8 VS him in city. 

brumbarr #28 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 November 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

So they are bush TD's then?  Don't matter what they were ever built around. They are still classed, and treated as an assault TD's here. Unless you think 201mm of armor is fine for a tier 5 "support" TD?. If we went on what real life was. Then half the guns, tanks and turrets would be gone from most.

Not all tanks should or can be classed in strict classes. Doing that is wrong and is what is currently ruining game balance.

Tanks being pushed in roles makes the game boring and 1 dimensional. All tanks should have unique aspects that can be leveraged differently in different situations.

Edited by brumbarr, 13 November 2017 - 03:21 PM.

tajj7 #29 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

On some site there are new armor model for Tortie, who for Tajj will always be weak. Effective armor in now over 270, over 57 mm roof armor, and you must hit cupola in the middle to pen. Tortie LOST all weakspot in front for LOW TIER, and DPM STAYS same. 

But for Tajj, is its Birtish is can be OP, coz he is fanboy 

Yeh you can keep repeating your moronic crap, doesn't make it true.

Of course I can totally see you complaining about the VKB which looks like this frontally to guns with 200 pen -

Posted Image

And goes 30, has a turret, and hits for 490, that is totally fine when facing lower tiers, totally cos it's German. I can see all the tier 7 and 8s just owning the VKB so easily because of the cupola. KAPPA. 

But a tank with no turret, goes 20kph, with a bigger weakspot, and having 400 alpha, that is apparently going to be OP cos 'DPM'

:D

ares354 #30 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View Posttajj7, on 13 November 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Yeh you can keep repeating your moronic crap, doesn't make it true.

Of course I can totally see you complaining about the VKB which looks like this frontally to guns with 200 pen -

Posted Image

And goes 30, has a turret, and hits for 490, that is totally fine when facing lower tiers, totally cos it's German. I can see all the tier 7 and 8s just owning the VKB so easily because of the cupola. KAPPA. 

But a tank with no turret, goes 20kph, with a bigger weakspot, and having 400 alpha, that is apparently going to be OP cos 'DPM'

:D

You take HT and compere to TD, good job Tajj... 

HT to TD!!!

Let me tell you, I will take fight vs VK who has crapdpm then Tortie, coz if Tortie load APCR he will pen this turret EVERY shoot, and lower plate as well. 

You compere Td to HT, you are idiot, clinic one. 

Edited by ares354, 13 November 2017 - 03:22 PM.

brumbarr #31 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

HT to TD!!!

Let me tell you, I will take fight vs VK who has crapdpm then Tortie, coz if Tortie load APCR he will pen this turret EVERY shoot, and lower plate as well. 

What does it matter what clads it is? Srsly?

tajj7 #32 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

HT to TD!!!

Nah, it is you who is the idiot, see what Brumbarr just said -

View Postbrumbarr, on 13 November 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Not all tanks should or can be classed in strict classes. Doing that is wrong and is what is currently ruining game balance.

Tanks being pushed in roles makes the game boring and 1 dimensional. All tanks should have unique aspects that can be leveraged differently in different situations.

An Assault TD is like a heavy tank, what role do you think the likes of the Tortoise, T95, AT tanks etc. were designed for, they were breakthrough assault tanks no different to what the Maus.

The Tortoise even has a heavy tanks gun and super heavy speed. Assault TDs are Heavy tanks without turrets.

Block Quote

The Tortoise heavy assault tank (A39) was a British heavy assault gun design developed during the Second World War, but never put into mass production. It was developed for the task of clearing heavily fortified areas such as the Siegfried Line and as a result favoured armour protection over mobility.

Although heavy, at 78 tons, and not readily transported, it was considered reliable and a good gun platform.[1]

Block Quote

The T28 Super Heavy Tank was an American heavily armored tank self-propelled gun designed for the United States Army during World War II. It was originally designed to be used to break through German defenses of the Siegfried Line, and was later considered as a possible participant in the planned invasion of the Japanese mainland.

The 100-ton vehicle was initially designated a heavy tank. It was re-designated as the 105 mm Gun Motor Carriage T95 in 1945, and then renamed in 1946 as the Super Heavy Tank T28.

Only two prototypes were built before the project was terminated. It was the heaviest tank the United States has ever manufactured.[3]

Block Quote

The Maus was intended to punch holes through enemy defences in the manner of an immense "breakthrough tank", whilst taking almost no damage to any components.

The Maus, T28 and the Tortoise were designed for almost identical roles, the only real different is the lack of the turret on the Tortoise and T28/T95.

And you have suddenly flipped your point, I thought the Tortoise was going to be OP against lower tiers, very few lower tiers can pen the VKB anywhere frontally even with premium ammo aside that tiny cupola, and DPM becomes pretty meaningless when the VKB can two shot many tier 7s and 3 shot most tier 8s.

Also hiding between shots is apparently hard for you. OMG there is a Tortoise, I am just going to sit here whilst I reload and let him shoot me.

You also have to laugh that a tier 9 TD has to load premium to damage a tier 9 heavy that is sat in the open and he thinks that is balanced anyway. 

Edited by tajj7, 13 November 2017 - 03:34 PM.

ares354 #33 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 13 November 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

What does it matter what clads it is? Srsly?

No matter at all. HT are HEAVY tank, this class have armor in first place, most of classic HT, no autoladers. 

TD are vechicles that prime strength is gun, not armor. 

SO this matter a lot in this case. You wish for Tortie to get armor that will bounce normal ammo ,bu T54 HEAT will pen np. This is not balance. As I told you, HES NEW amor is over 270 mm effective to 400 on hull, roof cant be overmatched by 98% gun, and only weakspot that is left is cupola. 

^^This is retarded. You all cry that Type 5 lost wekaspot, now you smile that Tortie lost too, but HE IS BRITISH, 

Tajj ignore like you fact THAT JPe100 is assault TD as well, and tier 8, 9 and 10 armor on German TD SUKCS hard. Ferdi dont have any armor vs 250 mm pen ? He dont get armor buff...

Edited by ares354, 13 November 2017 - 03:43 PM.

magkiln #34 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24355 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

No matter at all. HT are HEAVY tank, this class have armor in first place, most of classic HT, no autoladers. 

SO this matter a lot in this case. You wish for Tortie to get armor that will bounce normal ammo ,bu T54 HEAT will pen np. This is not balance. As I told you, HES NEW amor is over 270 mm effective to 400 on hull, roof cant be overmatched by 98% gun, and only weakspot that is left is cupola. 

^^This is retarded. You all cry that Type 5 lost wekaspot, now you smile that Tortie lost too, but HE IS BRITISH, 

Tajj ignore like you fact THAT JPe100 is assault TD as well, and tier 8, 9 and 10 armor on German TD SUKCS hard. Ferdi dont have any armor vs 250 mm gun ? He dont get armor buff...

I'll let you in on a secret: Not all TDs are the same. It does not HAVE to be about the gun. Yes, a Tortoise should armour that will bounce standard rounds from the front, because otherwise there is not point in having armour and we should all be playing Waffentragers and French autoloaders. The problem with the Type 5 is that it has very strong armour all-round, just like the Maus, so when you flank itin a medum, you still cannot get through. That unbalances the game. That's not a problem with the Tortoise. Medium tanks will pen it from the side just fine.

As for German TDs, they have high-alpha guns, so they can do their damage in a single shot. The British rely on rate of fire, so they have to stay exposed for much longer to do the same amount of damage. That's why their armour needs to be more reliable. Besides, You think the armour on a JP100 sucks? Really?

ZlatanArKung #35 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostThejagdpanther, on 13 November 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Sorry but I have a totally different view.

The armour policy is the direct consequence of the prem ammo policy. Both bad policy of course.

If gold ammo wasnt needed why put them for credits?

Now we are watching the ""balancing department"" putting steel plates at randoms for obvius reasons, but again, building up different problems.

Ye, we view it differently.

But I pretty much never used premium ammo before release of Japanese heavies.

But I agree, both ideas are terrible.

tajj7 #36 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Tajj ignore like you fact THAT JPe100 is assault TD as well, and tier 8, 9 and 10 armor on German TD SUKCS hard. Ferdi dont have any armor vs 250 mm gun ? He dont get armor buff...

Your own logic has just destroyed that point.

JpE100 has very good armour anyway and has a 1k alpha gun, 

Block Quote

Same with Ferdi, has a high pen 490 alpha gun on tier 8.

Tortoise has a gun from a heavy tank, that is not even that special on heavy tanks, most tier 9 heavies have more alpha than the Tortoise.

So it doesn't get a 'special gun' and therefore should get good armour.

JpE100 is third best armoured high tier TD - http://www.vbaddict....tsratio&server=

Way better than Tortoise. 

German 'assault' TDs up to the JpE100 have weaker armour because they have much better guns. 

Unless I am going to get a tier 9 heavy tank with 560 alpha, 276 pen, 3k base DPM, 0.32 accuracy and 2.21s aim time. You can't claim the German TDs don't have special guns.

Whereas British TDs do not have special guns, they have guns no better or even worse than same tier heavies, so seeing as British TDs have worse guns and worse mobility than German TDs, seems only fair they have better armour.

That sounds like balance to me. 

ares354 #37 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles

View Postmagkiln, on 13 November 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'll let you in on a secret: Not all TDs are the same. It does not HAVE to be about the gun. Yes, a Tortoise should armour that will bounce standard rounds from the front, because otherwise there is not point in having armour and we should all be playing Waffentragers and French autoloaders. The problem with the Type 5 is that it has very strong armour all-round, just like the Maus, so when you flank itin a medum, you still cannot get through. That unbalances the game. That's not a problem with the Tortoise. Medium tanks will pen it from the side just fine.

As for German TDs, they have high-alpha guns, so they can do their damage in a single shot. The British rely on rate of fire, so they have to stay exposed for much longer to do the same amount of damage. That's why their armour needs to be more reliable. Besides, You think the armour on a JP100 sucks? Really?

Tortie have 152 mm armor on side, tier 7 MT can bounce on slight angle....Vk auf B who for tajj is borken have 120 mm armor...

JT have only 80 mm side armor. 

So what if German TD have high alpha if JPe100 can miss by rng. T95 have high alpha and better armor then JT. Yes JPe100 armor scuks, lower plate will be pen by every tier 10 tank NP, 250 mm upper armor love HEAT. And tier 10 TD have no problem to pen JP e100 from front, and this TD should have good armor...

To Tajj 
Ferdi has no armor on FRONT, do you get that. Tajj ! I can pen withWZ 111 175 mm pen Ferdi from front NP, At 15, not so much. 490 is nothing, RHM has same alpha so does Jp 2. 

T62 a, 140 have low alpha, 907 too. Bu 907 is most OP MT in game, with low alpha.;..

Tortie has special gun, very fast aim time, very good acc, INSANE DPM. IT IS VERY SPECIAL GUN. Good armor is not armor that crapon low tier like T95 

JPE100 have no armor vs player who know how to aim. you load HEAT from 113, Jp e100 lose armor, E3 dont, THAT IS DIFFERENCE TAJJ, you wont ever see it. 

Much better gun ? What is THE POINT of Ferdi on tier 8 if JP 2 have same gun and RHM can take 12.8 or 15 cm. ARMOR, that is just bad. Ferdi trade moblity for armor, yet 200 mm flat armor stop nothing from tier 9... 

So what if JT has all of this, he has no gun arc, and hull is easy pen. I have won fight vs JT in Tortie, np. but Tortie is bad. 

British gun are different guns, not worse. Tortie gun is second best in tier. Foch FOR YEAR was way shittier then Tortie. Su 122 is by far worse. 

Edited by ares354, 13 November 2017 - 03:55 PM.

commer #38 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38142 battles

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Low pen for 0.3 acc? What can say Foch, Su 122 54 ? 400 is fine for best DPM in game, 259 pen with 0.3 acc vs SU 122 54 258 AP pen and 0,35 acc. JT is usper slow as well, he has better top speed and abysmal hull armor in compere. So if he hide ONE weakspot he will have left for low tier IS FINE TO REKT other tank. I can in WZ 111 go [edited]myself when I meet new Tortie COZ HE NEED ARMOR and SICK DPM plus SICK GUN ? You have 0!!! idea of balance. IF Tortie get armor buff, NERF HIS GUN, WG buff top speed of t95 and dont nerf rest, NOW WE HAVE broken TD, Tortie will be next. 

JT has more top speed, he is not faster. JT has worse power to weight, and more top speed, do research btw. Gun have more pen but dont have so good gun arc. Hull down JT is shooted with premium ammo and pen easy. Hes Tortie using corner should have weakspot, JT can use corner, SU 122 54 cant, many TD cant use corner as Tortie can...Insane gun and dpm plus armor with no weakspot for low tiers is ONLY good idea if tank is British... TORTOISE was crapin real life, like Maus. 

You are biased fool...

@Balc0ra

You know that ONLY Tortie was ever build in this line of assault TD ? What about German assault TD, they can have front full of weakspots ? HOW MANY weakspot Ferdi have over T28 or AT 15 ? lower plate, hull cheeks, for over 240 pen front itself...

JT hull is weakspot for all gun he meet, for GOLD PEN is 250 mm armor is weakspot....MOST ARMORED WW II TD ever build and see combat, unlike Tortie. 

JP e100, wekaspot in front on hull ,and for gold ammo, all front is weakspot....

Soviet 263 TD changes will get insane armor buffs, new buff to British line of armored TD. Tortie had worse armor in real life then JT, but in this game it wont be case anymore..German assault TD need to have front full of weakspots. 

You like to post stupid comments don't you? Sorry but alpha > dpm. With a longer reload than the Tort the tank wont be able to permatrack tanks with repair skill In most cases it will still have to trade. Stop crying 

ares354 #39 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73803 battles
Best balance for you all, take all bad thing about tanks, then after few month if this game wont die, OMG those tankos are OP. 

That is how most stupid buff like with T95 ended. 

tajj7 #40 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postares354, on 13 November 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Tortie have 152 mm armor on side, tier 7 MT can bounce on slight angle....Vk auf B who for tajj is borken have 120 mm armor...

JT have only 80 mm side armor. 

So what if German TD have high alpha if JPe100 can miss by rng. T95 have high alpha and better armor then JT. Yes JPe100 armor scuks, lower plate will be pen by every tier 10 tank NP, 250 mm upper armor love HEAT. And tier 10 TD have no problem to pen JP e100 from front, and this TD should have good armor...

To Tajj 
Ferdi has no armor on FRONT, do you get that. Tajj ! I can pen withWZ 111 175 mm pen Ferdi from front NP, At 15, not so much. 490 is nothing, RHM has same alpha so does Jp 2. 

T62 a, 140 have low alpha, 907 too. Bu 907 is most OP MT in game, with low alpha.;..

Tortie has special gun, very fast aim time, very good acc, INSANE DPM. IT IS VERY SPECIAL GUN. Good armor is not armor that crapon low tier like T95 

JPE100 have no armor vs player who know how to aim. you load HEAT from 113, Jp e100 lose armor, E3 dont, THAT IS DIFFERENCE TAJJ, you wont ever see it. 

Much better gun ? What is THE POINT of Ferdi on tier 8 if JP 2 have same gun and RHM can take 12.8 or 15 cm. ARMOR, that is just bad. Ferdi trade moblity for armor, yet 200 mm flat armor stop nothing from tier 9... 

So what if JT has all of this, he has no gun arc, and hull is easy pen. I have won fight vs JT in Tortie, np. but Tortie is bad. 

British gun are different guns, not worse. Tortie gun is second best in tier. Foch FOR YEAR was way shittier then Tortie. Su 122 is by far worse. 

You talk nonsense and your bias is just absurd

Like At-15 has to deal with horrible weakspots, 20kph speed and 230 alpha, but you whine about the 490 alpha gun on the Ferdi? Boo hoo. Tortoise gun is not special at all, bloom is massive which makes the aim time irrelevant, Torty has to constantly sit still to fire. The gun on the Conqueror has better gun handling and is on a turreted heavy tank with actual armour.

Torty has low pen, low alpha for a TD, and even lower for turrerless TDs, all other TDs on tier 9 have more alpha and all but the Foch and SU have more pen, all but the T95 are more mobile.

So it is a TD with worst in class penetration, worst in class alpha, joint worst mobility and has no turret. AT-15 is pretty much the same, no turret, no alpha, no pen, and no mobility.

They finally give these tanks something that is actually good and you whine about German tanks that are way better. 

And please don't give me that HEAT nonsense, everyone knows JPE100's superstructure is not some sort of auto-aim easy pen for HEAT. Half of it is like 330-340 effective plus, hull down it's even harder. 

It is pretty easy, what is the current point of the Tortoise? It has bad camo, lowish pen and poor alpha so is not a good sniper, it has terrible armour littered with weakspots so it can't be an assault tank, it can't trade well so is useless in city fights anyway, it is too slow to be a support tank, it has no fear factor at all, no tank is scared about taking a hit from a Torty.

So what is the actual point of it, what does it do, it's just a big XP pinata with a fancy DPM stat that has no real in game impact unless people just sit in front of you one after the other. 

This armour change finally gives it an actual levaragable advantage to use in game so it can do something for the team, and yet you complain.

You whined about the Conway buffs and said that was going to be OP, that tank is still useless. You are wrong yet again here. 

Also tagged with o_ho_best_tank_in_the_game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users