Jump to content


amx 30 and amx 30b


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

arturizmas #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26622 battles
  • 14
  • [CRBER] CRBER
  • Member since:
    08-27-2012
what i dont understand why wg give DPM but you cant use it because they nerfed lot of penetration, even gold ammo now cant penetrate heavies, before you cant penetrate easy weak spot with APCR now you need to use olgd to do that, patton have the same gameplay and he have normal penetration with APCR and HEAT. BUFF GOLD AMMO BACK TO 330MM PENETRATION.

maroar #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29464 battles
  • 2,462
  • [G__G] G__G
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

I was checking these tanks out.

 

The only reason I did not get these tanks right now is the same reason as I stopped grinding for the kranvagn, the APCR shell is way to slow (1100m/s).

The shell speed of the AP shells from the T10 HTs with 400 alpha guns is 1067m/s, where the kranvagn shell is even slower at only 1000m/s.

For both of those tanks those shell speeds are just retarded.



Sargatanas2k2 #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 40567 battles
  • 446
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
The AMX 30 is an amazing tank as is. It's probably my favourite T9 at the moment. If anything it needs a slight nerf rather than a buff.

TheOddRogue #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9977 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012

AMX 30 is godlike.

 

AMX 30b is garbage. 248 standard pen at tier 10, no thanks. 300 Gold pen at tier 10, no thanks. Slightly better gunhandling than STB-1 at tier 10, no thanks. Just no.



Derethim #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16426 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostTheOddRogue, on 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

AMX 30 is godlike.

 

AMX 30b is garbage. 248 standard pen at tier 10, no thanks. 300 Gold pen at tier 10, no thanks. Slightly better gunhandling than STB-1 at tier 10, no thanks. Just no.

 

Should be the other way around...

If there are two versions of the same tank on tier IX and X, the X version should be better :/



brumbarr #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:35 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,284
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
if you cant pen heavys with 300mm of pen the problem isnt the tank.

Derethim #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16426 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

if you cant pen heavys with 300mm of pen the problem isnt the tank.

 

I hate to be forced to use premium ammo, just because I want to play a certain tank. I understand it if it's a "grindthrough" like the Black Prince, but not if it's a tier X medium.

brumbarr #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,284
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

I hate to be forced to use premium ammo, just because I want to play a certain tank. I understand it if it's a "grindthrough" like the Black Prince, but not if it's a tier X medium.

 

248 isnt super bad, I play the TVP T50 just fine with 248 pen. 

Besides, it needs a drawback, otherwise what do other meds have that the amx doesnt have?



Mimos_A #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21248 battles
  • 1,766
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

I hate to be forced to use premium ammo, just because I want to play a certain tank. I understand it if it's a "grindthrough" like the Black Prince, but not if it's a tier X medium.

 

248 is plenty for most occasions. There's very little reason to feel forced to use premium ammo in a tank as mobile as the AMX 30. The only tanks with more pen at tier 9 make massive DPM trade-offs. Hell, even if you compare it to the M46 you've got more mobility, way better pen AND more DPM. At tier 10 248 isn't amazing, but it should still be fine. Downside of the 30b is more it's silly cupola and the fact that it's not enough of an upgrade to warrant moving up a tier. Where the 30 is an absolute beast at tier 9, the 30b is just so-so at tier 10.


Besides, I'm more than happy to keep 6.1m credits and play an awesome tier 9. It's not like there's anything amazing happening once you get the tier 10, if anything with the current MM it's more fun and there's more variety in playing tier 9's than tier 10's.


Edited by Mimos_A, 14 November 2017 - 12:07 PM.


Dr_Oolen #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20231 battles
  • 1,472
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

248 isnt super bad, I play the TVP T50 just fine with 248 pen. 

Besides, it needs a drawback, otherwise what do other meds have that the amx doesnt have?

 

Either actual turret armor that can bounce stuff or fast shells that can actually hit stuff at 200+ meters? 30b is a godawful tank in this meta and this MM if you arent willing to spam heat 24/7. And even if you do its at best as good as average t10 meds shooting apcr only. The tank would be just fine if its apcr was 1500+ m/s or the pen was 265+. But this potato speed with potato pen (again, if you dont want to spam heat 24/7) completely rips any dpm advantage the tank is supposed to have, especially since 80%+ games are full t10 games.

brumbarr #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,284
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDr_Oolen, on 14 November 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

 

Either actual turret armor that can bounce stuff or fast shells that can actually hit stuff at 200+ meters? 30b is a godawful tank in this meta and this MM if you arent willing to spam heat 24/7. And even if you do its at best as good as average t10 meds shooting apcr only. The tank would be just fine if its apcr was 1500+ m/s or the pen was 265+. But this potato speed with potato pen (again, if you dont want to spam heat 24/7) completely rips any dpm advantage the tank is supposed to have, especially since 80%+ games are full t10 games.

You cant call 1100 shell velocity bad, sorry, just not.   The tvp has 248 pen and I barely feel the need to shoot gold in that.

Besides, if the pen was like other T10 meds, wtf would be the point in any of them? Then the amx would have the highest dpm, great gun handling and be the fastest. 



maroar #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29464 battles
  • 2,462
  • [G__G] G__G
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

You cant call 1100 shell velocity bad, sorry, just not.   The tvp has 248 pen and I barely feel the need to shoot gold in that.

Besides, if the pen was like other T10 meds, wtf would be the point in any of them? Then the amx would have the highest dpm, great gun handling and be the fastest. 

 

Well as I said before in this thread, it is the same shell speed as 400 alpha AP shells of the T10 HTs, this gun has worse pen and the shell has worse normalization could have atleast made the shell as fast as the 260's APCR shell.

Derethim #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16426 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

248 isnt super bad, I play the TVP T50 just fine with 248 pen. 

Besides, it needs a drawback, otherwise what do other meds have that the amx doesnt have?

 

TVP has an autoloader and is more of a close-range fighter. This needs either massive shell velocity buff, like 1500 m/s or a penetration buff.

brumbarr #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,284
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

 

TVP has an autoloader and is more of a close-range fighter. This needs either massive shell velocity buff, like 1500 m/s or a penetration buff.

 

I am not alking about effectivenes, I am talkign about pennin stuff, so wether its an autoloader or not is irrevant for what i can pen.

Still dont get the shell velocity problem, 1100 is pretty fast.



Dr_Oolen #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20231 battles
  • 1,472
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

 

I am not alking about effectivenes, I am talkign about pennin stuff, so wether its an autoloader or not is irrevant for what i can pen.

Still dont get the shell velocity problem, 1100 is pretty fast.

 

Well, theres a massive difference between 248 pen on tvp and 248 on amx30b. You can do your 1300 damage in tvp in 5 seconds. Obviously with both tanks you will only start shooting into parts you can pen, which more often than not with that 248 pen will be sides of tanks. What happens when you start shooting something into sides with tvp? By the time they react and angle/get behind cover you will have done 1300 damage. By the time 30b reloads for 2nd shot the tank will have angled/got behind cover and youll be glad to have fired 2nd time, for 800 dmg. That is a massive difference. And as anyone good at this game knows, alpha/clip >>>>>>>>> dpm any day of the week. Its simply not possible to claim that since 248 pen is fine on tvp it must therefore be fine on 30b. SIMPLY NOT THE CASE. Also, tvp has more accurate gun and 30% faster shells. 

Bucifel #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27727 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Postarturizmas, on 13 November 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

what i dont understand why wg give DPM but you cant use it because they nerfed lot of penetration, even gold ammo now cant penetrate heavies, before you cant penetrate easy weak spot with APCR now you need to use olgd to do that, patton have the same gameplay and he have normal penetration with APCR and HEAT.  BUFF STANDARD AMMO BACK.

 

fixed it for you

dont even try to be a p2w trog again and say about gold ammo buff

:facepalm:

 


Edited by Bucifel, 14 November 2017 - 04:31 PM.


TibetanTea #17 Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11792 battles
  • 20
  • [SKVLL] SKVLL
  • Member since:
    03-26-2017

From 288 for 248 made this tank at last for me one of the worst mediums in game plus big bucket no gun depression and no accuracy, its like m60, like Bucifel says why do we need dpm if we cant pen.


Edited by TibetanTea, 17 December 2017 - 06:41 AM.


TibetanTea #18 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:04 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11792 battles
  • 20
  • [SKVLL] SKVLL
  • Member since:
    03-26-2017

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

 

I am not alking about effectivenes, I am talkign about pennin stuff, so wether its an autoloader or not is irrevant for what i can pen.

Still dont get the shell velocity problem, 1100 is pretty fast.

 

That is not true, all autos have less pen than single shot tanks, and my lor40t have 232 pen and its a auto plus tier 8 tank how its fair having 248 in tier 10, you really don't have any idea.

Igor_BL #19 Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35510 battles
  • 1,014
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

How is 30b for you guys? considering buying it...

I love amx30 a lot.

 

I was thinking not to buy it, but that DPM+0.04 turret traverse dispersion are tempting.



Thrael7 #20 Posted 14 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22913 battles
  • 1,838
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

AMX30 prot. was very good from the the start. Now it's got a somewhat workable mantlet.

It lost some pen and ofc I didn't like it but it needed some things changed to differ from german Leos.

I'd rather have the M48 at tier10 although I haven't tried the AMX30B yet.


Edited by Thrael7, 14 March 2018 - 05:04 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users