If I see a VK 100.01 (P) in a tier 8 game in a city map I fell like exiting game

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

TheOddRogue #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

Feels hopeless. If I am bottom tier I might actually do it. 

I'd rather meet a defender anyday than that [edited]thing. 

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why? Compared to the Defender they are easy to pen if you know where to aim.*

*if you have the pen ofc:trollface:

Edited by Enforcer1975, 13 November 2017 - 11:30 PM.

TheOddRogue #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 13 November 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

Why? Compared to the Defender they are easy to pen if you know where to aim.*

*if you have the pen ofc:trollface:

I know what you mean, this things LP is actually a weakness. It's quite tiny though. 

But I think the most annoying thing is the fact that you cant track it and do tracking damage at once, same thing with the maus, which is something you can do to the defender, atleast. This makes it possible for the thing to just roll over you.

Derethim #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles

Would be better if the cupola was an actual weakspot and the middle "weak" armor strip on it would be a bit larger.

Also the armor behind the threads is utter bullcrap.

Homer_J #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's big and it's slow so all you have to do is avoid the one street where it is and concentrate on the other 14 tanks first.

I have to wonder how you chickens would have coped when you could have tier IV and tier X in the same battle.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64454 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well if you let him stay in town and attack him there sure. Like if town has already failed, and it's only the VK left and I am in a med etc. I'm not going in there to take him on. Like the Lowe, open ground and distance is not his friend.

KillingJoker #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32181 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I dont get it... the VK 100 P is a massive target, so slow... you basicly decide to engage it or not...

this happens a lot with the Maus as well, good players when see Maus in other team tend to first isolate them (kill the others first) leave the maus to the end, and then kill it 

by being outnumbered (works everytime...)

it would be much worse for you to be a heavy tank player in open map having 3 arties in the enemy team, that would be much more dangerous for you than VK 100 P

actually more dangerous than anything else, since 3 arties combining fire at you, can kill you in less than 1 minute, and you cant do nothing about it! 

Warzey #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56831 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

I don't know, after grinding through VK 100.01 (P) I think I can safely say that it's the biggest piece of crap I ever had the displeasure of playing. 

Front can be a pain to deal with for T6 tanks even with premium ammo. The thing with VK is that it's very slow and inflexible, it can't react, I mean if you meet VK you can just turn around and go somewhere else and once VK leaves its strong position or runs out of allies it can be easily pummeled to death. 

When I get to be top tier in VK I had plenty of occasion where by the time I reach front line my team would melt away on the opposite flank which usually results in crossfire 30 seconds later. To be fair if I get a super corridor map like Mountain Pass low tier tanks just don't stand a chance, but that's more of a map problem than tank problem. 

Matcorr #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles

View PostWarzey, on 14 November 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

I don't know, after grinding through VK 100.01 (P) I think I can safely say that it's the biggest piece of crap I ever had the displeasure of playing. 

Front can be a pain to deal with for T6 tanks even with premium ammo. The thing with VK is that it's very slow and inflexible, it can't react, I mean if you meet VK you can just turn around and go somewhere else and once VK leaves its strong position or runs out of allies it can be easily pummeled to death. 

When I get to be top tier in VK I had plenty of occasion where by the time I reach front line my team would melt away on the opposite flank which usually results in crossfire 30 seconds later. To be fair if I get a super corridor map like Mountain Pass low tier tanks just don't stand a chance, but that's more of a map problem than tank problem. 

I sold mine after about 6 games, was getting penned by everything and on top of that is the constant arty focus. Bleh.

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20597 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Vk 100.01P. The tank that pulls everyone into the average circle.

Bad players love it because they can survive longer in it being their normal terrible selves...

Good players dislike it because it's actually garbage (slow. inflexible, gets penned easily by average players and above, arty magnet etc etc)

All for the sake of a little bit of bullying armour when top tier once every 50 games? No thanks.

Kozzy #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostRamRaid90, on 14 November 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

Vk 100.01P. The tank that pulls everyone into the average circle.

Bad players love it because they can survive longer in it being their normal terrible selves...

Good players dislike it because it's actually garbage (slow. inflexible, gets penned easily by average players and above, arty magnet etc etc)

All for the sake of a little bit of bullying armour when top tier once every 50 games? No thanks.

Probably about right.  The tank is SO easy to play but I guess is hard to carry in with its lack of flexibility.  Noobs will love the safe and easy play style and very forgiving armour.  Pros will hate it's mobility and lack of immunity to prem ammo (just melt the turret cheeks like all German heavies).

brumbarr #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostKozzy, on 14 November 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Probably about right.  The tank is SO easy to play but I guess is hard to carry in with its lack of flexibility.  Noobs will love the safe and easy play style and very forgiving armour.  Pros will hate it's mobility and lack of immunity to prem ammo (just melt the turret cheeks like all German heavies).

The pros might hate it , but they will still win 3% more in it than other tanks. So not really true.

Dr_ownape #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41926 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostWarzey, on 14 November 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Yes i truly hated the thing and just finished it. It isn't the fact that it's a bad tank, i think it's more of the fact that tier 8 MM is screwed and you see tier 10s the majority of the time and you really are useless at that level.

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

The pros might hate it , but they will still win 3% more in it than other tanks. So not really true.

I was about to disagree then i checked my WR and yes it is probably slightly higher than it should be. However my KV-4 is better after a similar number of games but then those were played a long time before the advent of tier 8 prem buffs and new MM.

I must caveat all my "stats" in the Vk though as i mainly tried to complete HT-12 (with honoUrs) in it so they might be slightly weird compared with normal play.

Kozzy #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 November 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

I don't think anyone (anyone with any sense, at least) will argue that the tank is not massively OP.  It clearly is OP.  If anyone wants tech-tree equivalent of the obj252 then the VK100p is the closest thing to it.

brumbarr #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostKozzy, on 14 November 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I don't think anyone (anyone with any sense, at least) will argue that the tank is not massively OP.  It clearly is OP.  If anyone wants tech-tree equivalent of the obj252 then the VK100p is the closest thing to it.

I know, i was just pointing out that good players wont do as good in it is false.

Dr_ownape #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41926 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostKozzy, on 14 November 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

It is not massively OP. it is barely above average at 13th place on tier damage and 10th on WR. If it is top tier with tier 6/7s then it is a diifficult but labourious opponent, but as a tier 8/9/10 it is a slow lump of HP. I would rather drive many many other heavies than this.

Edit: breifly checked your averages in it and i think you find the truth. I'm assuming you played the T32 and IS-3 a long time ago (due to lack of MoE stats) and you are a better player now than you were back then. Yet your averages in those are very similar to the VK - so it is massively OP?

Edited by Dr_Goombah, 14 November 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Igor_BL #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [WZ-CR] WZ-CR

Right now, I am at crossroad...
To use 130k freexp... buy type4 and research top gun, or to skip tigerP and buy VK 100.01P...

I hate slow tanks, they are killing me... but am willing to grind one superheavy for the clanu.

I have kv4, it is really good. Not because armor is good, but people are idiots. hate to say that, but majority of players, "gamewise" are not that smart... shooting sidearmor all the time, instead shooting stock turret....

can only think how good VK is then.

Edited by Igor_BL, 14 November 2017 - 11:04 AM.

TheOddRogue #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles
I think a part of my problem dealing with this behemoth is that it induces a feeling of panic in me, I mean look at it, the thing looks like a monster. A defender does not look scary, this colossal alien giant elephant looking thing does. *Shivers*

leggasiini #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12463 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Fun or not to play, its utterly stupid and the armor is retarded for a tier 8.

I bounced from its cupola with the IS-7 from 150 metres because I hit a slightly too edge of it's cupola. Granted I got unlocky, but still, Im a fucking tier 10 and I bounce from "weakspot" of a tier 8.

There is a reason why this tank overperforms for most players as much as the Defender, an infamous tank for being OP and P2W. Sure, it might not be as good for unicorns as it is for bots, but it still needs to be nerfed, or better yet, reworked.

brumbarr #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostDr_Goombah, on 14 November 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

It is not massively OP. it is barely above average at 13th place on tier damage and 10th on WR. If it is top tier with tier 6/7s then it is a diifficult but labourious opponent, but as a tier 8/9/10 it is a slow lump of HP. I would rather drive many many other heavies than this.

Edit: breifly checked your averages in it and i think you find the truth. I'm assuming you played the T32 and IS-3 a long time ago (due to lack of MoE stats) and you are a better player now than you were back then. Yet your averages in those are very similar to the VK - so it is massively OP?

Posted Image

Not OP at all....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users