Maps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheComfyChair #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7848 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I haven't been on WOT as long as some of my friends but I think a lot of the maps are a little bit small. I realise the battles are only 15 minutes but sometimes a battle starts and within twenty seconds tanks are being shot to shite. I have occasionally started a battle a few seconds late or been delayed by someone auto driving in front of me and then once I get going again I get shot at. Has spawn positioning ever been considered? Has quick spotting always been the case or has spotting mechanics outgrown the maps?

Edited by TheComfyChair, 13 November 2017 - 11:30 PM.

Derethim #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17677 battles

View PostTheComfyChair, on 13 November 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I haven't been on WOT as long as some of my friends but I think a lot of the maps are a little bit small. I realise the battles are only 15 minutes but sometimes a battle starts and within twenty seconds tanks are being shot to shite. I have occasionally started a battle a few seconds late or been delayed by someone auto driving in front of me and then once I get going again I get shot at. Has spawn positioning ever been considered? Has quick spotting always been the case or has spotting mechanics outgrown the maps?

I think the mechanics were never perfect and if they were too small they'd be unrealistic and cheesy.

But i'd love bigger maps. Maps, where the frequent engagement would be between 2-3 players not 10 players behind one corner all of them in a heavy. But this would require a complete redition of all the maps...

They just changed them so I don't hope they'll realize, that the current map sizes are fit maybe for tier IV and V and nothing higher up.

Homer_J #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29163 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Spotting mechanics have not changed, the maximum spotting distance regardless of equipment and training is the same as it ever was, and the worst maps for it have been around since early beta.

Scouting has perhaps become more intelligent since the introduction of assisted damage by spotting but before that you would have scouts who believed their job was to get the first spot on as many enemy tanks as possible before dying, usually by driving straight at the enemy spawn.

If you spawn on Malinovka or Ensk then you cannot sit there for 30 seconds while you figure out what you are going to do.  You will get spotted, and on Malinovka that means at least 10 guns will be pointing at you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users