Jump to content


IS 7


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Ilknur_Ibryam #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10992 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    03-28-2016

I just bought it and I have only 4 games in it, but it feels like a T10 with armor. Very good tank, slightly less mobility, about the same gun, way better armor.. You can basically rush into spots and hold them.

 

I was wondering as I was playing my T10 with vents and optics and I loved it. Would it suit on IS7? I feel like the gun is good enough to not need gun handling equipment. My crew is without BIA and view range skills at is about 400, while my T10 had around 450 with BIA, optics and vents and I was able to spot and fight stuff and actually TDs were not that intimidating in bigger maps.



qpranger #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32397 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Enjoy the brief honeymoon.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21406 battles
  • 6,460
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 14 November 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

 

I feel like the gun is good enough to not need gun handling equipment.

 

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

 

Sure the gun is good, if you're comparing to the Type 5 DERP, or the KV-1S...

 

The Is-7 was buffed, and is STILL not as good as the T-10.



leggasiini #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 14130 battles
  • 6,191
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Rammer / VStabs / Vents. If the accuracy was better, I would use Optics, though, because the very high view range works very nicely with the IS-7, but it kinda wants to have any available accuracy and DPM boost. With my setup I still have almost 470 m view range which is very nice and typically still very good.

 

Use VStabs always when available. Always. Except for very special cases (T-100 LT).

 

I really enjoy my IS-7 nowadays. I like the combination of the mobility while still having actual heavy tank level of protection, not like the Chinese heavium duo at tier 10. The gun is quite mediocre but with that very nice gun handling, its good enough. And then the very nice and reliable turret.


Edited by leggasiini, 14 November 2017 - 11:16 AM.


TankkiPoju #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20272 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postqpranger, on 14 November 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Enjoy the brief honeymoon.

 

... which will eventually broaden and deepen into a long lasting relationship, where both parties enjoy sexual desiremutual respect towards each other.

 

Later on, when the kids have moved out of the house, you find IS7 is actually pretty dull, fat and slow and you wonder if you had anything in common at all. And that 130mm gun really doesnt hit the G-spot all that well either.

 



etody77 #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62862 battles
  • 945
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
big deal :) IS-7 is a little op. Enjoy him

ramram70 #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8495 battles
  • 368
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 14 November 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

... which will eventually broaden and deepen into a long lasting relationship, where both parties enjoy sexual desiremutual respect towards each other.

 

Later on, when the kids have moved out of the house, you find IS7 is actually pretty dull, fat and slow and you wonder if you had anything in common at all. And that 130mm gun really doesnt hit the G-spot all that well either.

 

 

That happened to me and my IS-3. :teethhappy:

vasilinhorulezz #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22813 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
The gun is too derpy and the dpm not that good, I run mine with vents, my view range is 443 with BIA recon and Situational, so not really bad.

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20272 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postramram70, on 14 November 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

That happened to me and my IS-3. :teethhappy:

 

It's the same with all Russian heavies, except T-10.

 

russian heavies are easy to play so they feel like easy mode at first for new players: You press W and shoot people in the face with massive alpha.

 

But later on as you get better as a player, the potato gun handling gets really annoying, the armor feels like it's mostly just dead weight.



Bennie182 #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53663 battles
  • 1,597
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

I played it on the test server because I wanted to know if it would be worth buying after the buffs, but I rather stay with my T-10. I am used to having no armor, except for a great turret. IS7 is the same, as it's a gold magnet. The gun handling is waaaay better and also a bit more pen, which I prefer. I found the IS-7 very sluggish compared to my T-10 and I don't even have clutch breaking or off-road driving on it.

 

I have optics, rammer and vstab on my T-10, but would probably not do that on IS7. Gun handling is just trash.


Edited by Bennie182, 14 November 2017 - 02:18 PM.


uglycousin #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45034 battles
  • 3,697
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 14 November 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

I just bought it and I have only 4 games in it, but it feels like a T10 with armor. Very good tank, slightly less mobility, about the same gun, way better armor.. You can basically rush into spots and hold them.

 

I was wondering as I was playing my T10 with vents and optics and I loved it. Would it suit on IS7? I feel like the gun is good enough to not need gun handling equipment. My crew is without BIA and view range skills at is about 400, while my T10 had around 450 with BIA, optics and vents and I was able to spot and fight stuff and actually TDs were not that intimidating in bigger maps.

 

I play mine with vents, rammer, v-stab. When you get shot in the sides the fuel tanks can be lit pretty easily so I don`t dare to run food yet on mine (also, don`t have fire skills on all crewmen, I might try food only after they all have that skill).

 

You can get away with using optics. The gun handling improvement is marginal.

 

Usually if you can mount V-stabs, you do it. Gun rammer also (only on lights I don't mount gun rammer). Third slot is a debate if you should go with vents or optics. Both are ok.



Tomotorqemada #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16284 battles
  • 414
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

View PostIlknur_Ibryam, on 14 November 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

I just bought it and I have only 4 games in it, but it feels like a T10 with armor. Very good tank, slightly less mobility, about the same gun, way better armor.. You can basically rush into spots and hold them.

 

I was wondering as I was playing my T10 with vents and optics and I loved it. Would it suit on IS7? I feel like the gun is good enough to not need gun handling equipment. My crew is without BIA and view range skills at is about 400, while my T10 had around 450 with BIA, optics and vents and I was able to spot and fight stuff and actually TDs were not that intimidating in bigger maps.

 

No it doesnot. It has a worse gun, a worse mobility, a worse control. The gun has a worse pen, it cant hit a broad side of a mountain, it aims for eternity. The 59 km/h on the speedo is a crappy false advertising, this blobe of filth hardly goes 40 even on a flat ground. Actually the whole step from tier9 to tier10 felt like a DOWNGRADE, as if the genius soviet engeneer was suddenly executed and then the followers had to hide a crappy tank in tons of armor and some HP.
Actually the only problem with the tier 9 T-10 tank ius that there are tier10 tanks. If not for them - T-10 would be the absolutely loveliest tank.
Is7 is pain and suffering.
And now the IS7 gurus will tell me to GIT GUD, let the sh!t hit the fan
 

View PostRamRaid90, on 14 November 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

 

Sure the gun is good, if you're comparing to the Type 5 DERP, or the KV-1S...

 

The Is-7 was buffed, and is STILL not as good as the T-10.

 

The man said. Really, folks, 'IS7 is an OP' is a very fat trolling, have some decency.
 

__H3H3__ #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30727 battles
  • 577
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013
It feels like it has no armour at all. Get penned everywhere. Upper plate even gets penned by tier 8 tanks easily. Side scraping doesnt work either. Only hull down your armour starts to work. The only thing where I think the IS7 out performs my 113 is the alpha dmg. 490 bombs feel nice for some reason. I am not really used to high alpha tanks.

sgtYester #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54363 battles
  • 1,652
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

this tank got overbuffed, and has no cupola to hit when hull donw,, the only thing it fears are the type 4/5 and deathstar tanks..  which ppl are trying to get nerfed..

 

 

its broken, faster than a lot of meds, crazy stupid side armor, no turret weakspot, and now also good gunhandling.. and still ppl want more alpha on that tank......:facepalm:

 



ramram70 #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8495 battles
  • 368
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

View PostTankkiPoju, on 14 November 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

 

It's the same with all Russian heavies, except T-10.

 

russian heavies are easy to play so they feel like easy mode at first for new players: You press W and shoot people in the face with massive alpha.

 

But later on as you get better as a player, the potato gun handling gets really annoying, the armor feels like it's mostly just dead weight.

 

My case was simply the "(T8) MM improvement".

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View Postanother_Ghost_Shell, on 14 November 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

It feels like it has no armour at all. Get penned everywhere. Upper plate even gets penned by tier 8 tanks easily. 

 

Which of course is complete and utter nonsense, as head on that upper plate has ~300 mm effective (and lower plate 'weak' spot is over 220 mm). When angling that upper plate still doesn't go below 250 mm effective. Even when somewhat higher than the IS-7 that upper plate is still over 250 mm effective which really isn't all that easy for most Tier VIII to penetrate.



ExclamationMark #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

The only real advantage the IS7 has over the T-10 is turret armour. The rest isn't really that impressive - the hull armour can work and you of course have the magical blackhole side armour. On an open map like Proko with good VR and no arty it's just stupid, there's nothing to properly counter it. 

Imo the biggest advantage the T-10 has over the IS7 are the HEAT rounds - 300mm APCR on a T10 heavy is laughable, with RNG on pen rolls you are at best a 50/50 pen vs. Ebola5s and Mice. 


Edited by ExclamationMark, 14 November 2017 - 06:55 PM.


KillingJoker #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33316 battles
  • 1,392
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

some considerations:

 

- The T10 is more mobile than the IS-7, despite they buffed the IS-7 engine, its aceleration is still a [edited], and you will only reach 60 kph downhill...

- the T10 gun is more precise when fully aimed and less painfull to sniping, the IS-7 gun is better for snap shots and have a better alpha of 490 

 

 

 

View PostExclamationMark, on 14 November 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

The only real advantage the IS7 has over the T-10 is turret armour. The rest isn't really that impressive - the hull armour can work and you of course have the magical blackhole side armour. On an open map like Proko with good VR and no arty it's just stupid, there's nothing to properly counter it. 

Imo the biggest advantage the T-10 has over the IS7 are the HEAT rounds - 300mm APCR on a T10 heavy is laughable, with RNG on pen rolls you are at best a 50/50 pen vs. Ebola5s and Mice. 

 

thats not correct, the hull of the IS-7 is much better than the T-10, there is no comparison, the T10 is exacly like an IS-3 but with better mobility and a better gun...any gun with

200 mm of penetration will fill the T10 Hull with damage... while in the IS-7, you can only pen the Hull in the lower plate if he is facing you frontaly... 

 

The IS-7 hull is a good complement for its turret, you can stay in hull down way more saffer than a T10, where the turret is the only fairly well armored part...

 

I would not compare the T10 with an IS-7, the T10 is much more similar to the Chinese WZ 111 A4 and the A5... except it has IS-4 gun with 440 alpha...

 


 

ExclamationMark #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View PostKillingJoker, on 14 November 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

thats not correct, the hull of the IS-7 is much better than the T-10, there is no comparison

 

I don't consider the hull of the IS7 an advantage, since gold will pen it just as easily as it would pen the T-10's. 

Of course against standard ammo it will be exponentially better but how often is it that you don't meet people spamming gold in T10 games?



Tomotorqemada #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16284 battles
  • 414
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017

View PostsgtYester, on 14 November 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

this tank got overbuffed, and has no cupola to hit when hull donw,, the only thing it fears are the type 4/5 and deathstar tanks..  which ppl are trying to get nerfed..

 

 

its broken, faster than a lot of meds, crazy stupid side armor, no turret weakspot, and now also good gunhandling.. and still ppl want more alpha on that tank......:facepalm:

 

 

No its not. It is a false advertisement on the speedo - it hardly reaches 40. After t-10 u feel like ur pregnant. Turret is hit thru perfectly, at least when i drive it lol




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users