This spotting BS.

Another Reason Why LT suck rant yesimmad moms spaghetti

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16434 battles

Okay, so right now I'm playing the Bc. 12t again and I must say.

I hate the damn thing. Aim time is awful, limiting your use to either close range or camping in the back.

The tank is pretty big, the chassis is long and it's pretty thin, so it overturns on sharp turns.

I hate how the spotting works too.

Getting outspotted by a friendly heavy, so that he gets the spot damage... just...

Sharing spot damage? I SPOTTED HIM NOT MY TEAMMATE. IT'S MY SPOT DAMAGE, NOT HIS. MINE. MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Most heavies and TDs should have less view range. The VK100.01.(P) has only 18 less view range than a tier VIII scout. A tank that's nearly impenetrable from the front.

Also, this is literally the start of every match on Prokhorovka, when there are multiple light tanks on your team.

Spoiler

But nothing else than nerfing the view range of most tanks, that shouldn't have it like Maus and making the maps larger on high tiers will fix it.

Edited by Derethim, 14 November 2017 - 01:22 PM.

JocMeister #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20631 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

If we are talking about the tier 8 LT its probably one of the best LTs in the game.

Press W and never stop pressning it until the game is won. Use optics, vents and active scout. Profit. 

trispect #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33034 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP

View PostJocMeister, on 14 November 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

If we are talking about the tier 8 LT its probably one of the best LTs in the game.

Press W and never stop pressning it until the game is won. Use optics, vents and active scout. Profit. 

Active scout. You are funny.

cragarion #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles
The scout is so fast because it is supposed to go out ahead of the heavies and get into a position to spot for them, they can only out spot you if you are one of these noob scouts that hide behind all of the other  tanks then complain when they out spot you. :hiding::bush::trollface:

Edited by cragarion, 14 November 2017 - 01:39 PM.

OreH75 #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46178 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Okay, so right now I'm playing the Bc. 12t again and I must say.

I hate the damn thing. Aim time is awful, limiting your use to either close range or camping in the back.

The tank is pretty big, the chassis is long and it's pretty thin, so it overturns on sharp turns.

I hate how the spotting works too.

Getting outspotted by a friendly heavy, so that he gets the spot damage... just...

Sharing spot damage? I SPOTTED HIM NOT MY TEAMMATE. IT'S MY SPOT DAMAGE, NOT HIS. MINE. MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Most heavies and TDs should have less view range. The VK100.01.(P) has only 18 less view range than a tier VIII scout. A tank that's nearly impenetrable from the front.

But nothing else than nerfing the view range of most tanks, that shouldn't have it like Maus and making the maps larger on high tiers will fix it.

Crew skills and equipment on your light tank?

JocMeister #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20631 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttrispect, on 14 November 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Active scout. You are funny.

What can I say. Im a funny guy! 

Mimos_A #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21444 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostJocMeister, on 14 November 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

It's far from the best IMHO. It's not bad though and I enjoy playing it. But objectively, it's got bad dpm, bad gunhandling, pretty poor traverse stats, incredibly awkward gun elevation and can be murdered one on one by other lights because of its low clip potential.

And yes, it's tendency to get screwed by physics is pretty horrible, it's not hard to flip the thing by just turning on flat ground.

Derethim #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16434 battles

View Postcragarion, on 14 November 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

The scout is so fast because it is supposed to go out ahead of the heavies and get into a position to spot for them, they can only out spot you if you are one of these noob scouts that hide behind all of the other  tanks then complain when they out spot you. :hiding::bush::trollface:

What if it's a short map like Ensk, huh?

Gotcha. :trollface:

It's either you get outspotted, or you die while overextending, because TDs with 500 alpha will two-shot you. And there's always more than one of them in the back.. :(

Rati_Festa #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40225 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

It's far from the best IMHO. It's not bad though and I enjoy playing it. But objectively, it's got bad dpm, bad gunhandling, pretty poor traverse stats, incredibly awkward gun elevation and can be murdered one on one by other lights because of its low clip potential.

And yes, it's tendency to get screwed by physics is pretty horrible, it's not hard to flip the thing by just turning on flat ground.

Low clip potential vs one shot lights, is that a joke? Against opposing lights just use auto aim and u are locked on, then repeatedly press fire button... dead enemy. Most of the high tier lights struggle with the physics as well, is this ur only high tier light?

RafvonThorn #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23853 battles

If I know any class, its the scouts.

BC is not bad at all, but the french autoloaders line is quite unique. The view range is not great, but they have speed and burst damage, you gotta utilize that.

Use 4S tactics: Scout, Spot, Snipe, Stealkill, in that order.

Your speed allows you to get in a scouting position very fast, thus letting the team know, how the enemy team is disrtibuting their tanks. It also lets you plan your next moves. Be fast, dont worry if you are spotted, peak out and run back. Then, try to get assistance damage by highlighting the careless enemies- try to remain invisible and be very careful. Use bushes, dont get shot- you are more valuable for the team in the endgame. In that phase, if you see a gun pointed at you, run. Then look for sniping opportunities- there is plenty of lightly armored targets you can easily pen. Support your team against rushing enemies, go to unusual places to be able to fire at tanks sides, find a safe route towards the enemy arty. Finally, the most important phase, the Stealkills. Its finally time to take some risks. If you do this right, you can win the game for your team in this phase. Find isolated enemies ans assassinate them. If you see an enemy with 600 hp or less, you will be able to solo it- almost any tank in the game. If there is a stalemate in the heavy bobsleigh, flanking the enemy heavies and making those turn their turrets towards you will allow your heavies to win the fight.

In right circumstances BC is capable of carrying the teams. Survive to the Stealkill phase, assassinate low hp tanks and enjoy epic wins.

If you dont enjoy BC, you wont enjoy the rest of the line.

Edited by RafvonThorn, 14 November 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 18508 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMimos_A, on 14 November 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

But you get a good tier 10 light tank if you manage to keep your sanity grinding the xp....and i don't mean the AMX 13 105....

Mimos_A #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21444 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostEnforcer1975, on 14 November 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

But you get a good tier 10 light tank if you manage to keep your sanity grinding the xp....and i don't mean the AMX 13 105....

Again, I don't think it's bad. It's just not particularly good either.

Xenasys #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11302 battles
Today Patrol Duty in KV220 now thats what a call a scout !!!

Ziurawka #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20035 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

Well I think scouting ends at tier VII altogether.

Plenty of tier VIII vehicles can spot for themselves and most maps are way to small for scouting even at lower tiers. 

Tier VIII + mines is ... well you know how it is. Reminds me of the ridiculous April special:

Nerfing high tier tank view range will be a total b***h to balance and they're not going to touch it. 

Nor can we expect the maps to be enlarged. 

LT lines should have never been extended to tier X, all it did was add a few fast paper mediums and kill a few very decent non premium scout tanks.  

Strappster #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

You use the pointy thing on top to make the red tanks go 'splodey.

You did know that light tanks also come with guns, right?

Homer_J #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 14 November 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Then you man up, put on a stiff upper lip, cue up the Benny Hill theme tune, make the best you can of it and hope for a better map next time.

Ziurawka #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20035 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostStrappster, on 14 November 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

You use the pointy thing on top to make the red tanks go 'splodey.

You did know that light tanks also come with guns, right?

Well the WZ is a fast medium made of cardboard instead of paper (hard to overmatch) and the profile is nice so it fits on the streets of Philadelphia (Ensk).

Doesn't change the fact that it's no fun at all for many people including myself. I like to play LTs as scouts / snipers and firmly believe it's their purpose. 

I mean, the whole concept of a light tank was created for this purpose - check the wiki. WG seems to not have read it. 

Strappster #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZiurawka, on 14 November 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I like to play LTs as scouts / snipers and firmly believe it's their purpose.

I agree but when you get a bum deal from the match-maker and get a team who don't shoot your spots or get dropped into a city map that doesn't allow for easy spotting opportunities, you have to adapt. Same as drawing Malinovka and another light rushes to your favourite early game spotting bush - you find another bush or go active elsewhere.

Or I guess you could call him rude names and attempt to push him out before getting you both killed and gifting the enemy all the early vision. That's apparently the preferred option for a number of other light tank players I've encountered.

OreH75 #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46178 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View PostZiurawka, on 14 November 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well the WZ is a fast medium made of cardboard instead of paper (hard to overmatch) and the profile is nice so it fits on the streets of Philadelphia (Ensk).

Doesn't change the fact that it's no fun at all for many people including myself. I like to play LTs as scouts / snipers and firmly believe it's their purpose. 

I mean, the whole concept of a light tank was created for this purpose - check the wiki. WG seems to not have read it. 

QQ, perfectly possible with current scouts.

1veZS96.png

First spot field (active) and do some dmg then spot city and snipe...: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3934335

link:http://wotreplays.eu/site/3934335

Edited by OreH75, 14 November 2017 - 04:16 PM.

Strappster #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOreH75, on 14 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

QQ, perfectly possible with current scouts.

1veZS96.png

First spot field (active) and do some dmg then spot city and snipe...: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3934335

link:http://wotreplays.eu/site/3934335

Firstly, both your links are broken. Secondly, oh come on! I posted a Chinese light result knowing full well that they're more medium than light but you're posting a Russian light?! That's just taking the piss.

:teethhappy:

Also tagged with Another, Reason, Why, LT, suck, rant, yesimmad, moms spaghetti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users