What to expect from the Amx 12t

#amx12t

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

placeman34_2004 #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1421 battles

So i have 7,5k exp left to the Amx 12t and i want to know what to expect from it when stock and spaded.

How should i play it in different matches and how to play it effectivly.

The next thing is if the line is worth grinding?

Place

Noo_Noo #2 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22560 battles

View Postplaceman34_2004, on 14 November 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

So i have 7,5k exp left to the Amx 12t and i want to know what to expect from it when stock and spaded.

How should i play it in different matches and how to play it effectivly.

The next thing is if the line is worth grinding?

Place

12T highlights is where this line is a bit broken for me. 

You come from a 2 man crew in the ELC to a 3 man crew meaning that one of your crew members is lagging behind in training. That can be a pain if it's BiA. 

As above I struggled with the change to the 12T but dont take that to mean its a bad tank. Once over the ELC / 12T crew issue I think the line is well worth grinding. 

I really liked the AMX 13 75. BC 12T I'm still finding my feet with but its coming along. It does suffer a little with low penetration and damage at times though. Shame its such a stupid long grind with it as well. But then you have some great tanks ahead. Batchat can be a monster. I really liked the 30B on the test server and there's the AMX 13 90. 

Afdass #3 Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

Finished today the grind to the 13 75 (which is a stupid tank to exist in its stock form since you can't mount top gun (same gun as the 12t), you can't mount any equipment either, all becaus the suspension).

12t... When I once started playing the tank it felt lackluster in every single aspect. No dmg, no clip potential (540dmg), 20sec reload, 2.5sec intra-clip. Everything bad. Mobility is ok, view range is not.

In this last days I decided to give it another try since the 13 105 is top of the tree this month. Played with Binos + Camo Net + Vents and all the games consist in: Find a bush, sit there as much as you think you can, move to another, see what is around, move to another, etc. Then, in late game when the enemies are all bleading in low hp and distracted with anyone else, assassinate them as a normal auto-loader does. But be aware of the awful aim time and accuracy. Don't fire on the move because you can't hit anything (I found this the hard way). Be aware of your gun depression and elevation (mostly elevation): a little bump in the middle of the field can make you shoot a tank 10m away a nightmare because you only have 12º of elevation which - you need to have the tank leveled to shoot anything.

placeman34_2004 #4 Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1421 battles

View PostAfdass, on 17 November 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Finished today the grind to the 13 75 (which is a stupid tank to exist in its stock form since you can't mount top gun (same gun as the 12t), you can't mount any equipment either, all becaus the suspension).

12t... When I once started playing the tank it felt lackluster in every single aspect. No dmg, no clip potential (540dmg), 20sec reload, 2.5sec intra-clip. Everything bad. Mobility is ok, view range is not.

In this last days I decided to give it another try since the 13 105 is top of the tree this month. Played with Binos + Camo Net + Vents and all the games consist in: Find a bush, sit there as much as you think you can, move to another, see what is around, move to another, etc. Then, in late game when the enemies are all bleading in low hp and distracted with anyone else, assassinate them as a normal auto-loader does. But be aware of the awful aim time and accuracy. Don't fire on the move because you can't hit anything (I found this the hard way). Be aware of your gun depression and elevation (mostly elevation): a little bump in the middle of the field can make you shoot a tank 10m away a nightmare because you only have 12º of elevation which - you need to have the tank leveled to shoot anything.

Ive got it right now and i know the thing about the elevation, i also have the tracks made on it so ill go for the engine right now. Then after that the gun, but there is one thing tht makes me laugh, the thing about people complaining that i dont spot and dont help.

So one match was soon ending with a loss and then the tier 7 arty i think started raging over me that i dont spot, and i had 75% crew with no equipment. I explained that its going to be hard to spot with this tank when completly stock with nothing in crew and equipment part. He started raging so hard and typed with caps:teethhappy:. I just ignored it. Then next match, another salty guy in a tier 5 T67 raging that i dont help him when he got killed by 3 players. I just ignore it and go on wining the game.

But those players are crybabys:child:.

Place

woolfie #5 Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48923 battles

View Postplaceman34_2004, on 17 November 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

So one match was soon ending with a loss and then the tier 7 arty i think started raging over me that i dont spot, and i had 75% crew with no equipment. I explained that its going to be hard to spot with this tank when completly stock with nothing in crew and equipment part.

If you take a light tank into battle you are expected to be the eyes of your team and to scout, either actively or passively. The point is you must try.

Can I ask what you actually do in your stock tank with 75% crew during battle?

Do you know free xp can be used and it means you never have to play any stock tank?

If you don't want to spot or scout maybe consider not playing light tanks. Or at least not stock light tanks.

A decent player in a light tank is a real asset to any team.

A light tank that refuses to TRY to spot/scout is a waste of a slot in that team.

If your (light) tank is stock there's no point trying to be a redline sniper, esp with 75% crew.

Good hunting.

Afdass #6 Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

Maybe he used the free exp in any other tank or crew?

Noo_Noo #7 Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22560 battles

View Postwoolfie, on 17 November 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

If you take a light tank into battle you are expected to be the eyes of your team and to scout, either actively or passively. The point is you must try.

Do you know free xp can be used and it means you never have to play any stock tank?

If you don't want to spot or scout maybe consider not playing light tanks. Or at least not stock light tanks.

A light tank that refuses to TRY to spot/scout is a waste of a slot in that team.

If your (light) tank is stock there's no point trying to be a redline sniper, esp with 75% crew.

Good hunting.

I dont wholly agree with that anymore. Not the way the game plays nowadays with the current maps etc. Yes there is some value (some maps more than others) but in reality damage is the key. Damage in the right areas and the right time. 

placeman34_2004 #8 Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1421 battles

View Postwoolfie, on 17 November 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Good hunting.

The thing is that i have nearly no free exp and gold, so no way that i will make it to 100% as fast, but i managed to make my spotting up to 409 meters with coated optics which makes me a really good scouting performance. I will play many maches to make the crew 100% and get 60% on the first skill and then ill move on to the 13 75

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users