Prokowawawa - i will always *edit on this map

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

malachi6 #41 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50256 battles

Go find a game you actually want to play.  Why set out to take a dump on 29 people?  That is what you are doing.  You know the moment you get that map you are not going to play.  That means every battle you have it in mind not to play.

Toxic, intolerant players such as yourself are a bigger issue with this game than bad players.  They have no clue what they are doing wrong.  You are setting out to do it and hold yourself as some kind of moral campaigner.  While knowing exactly you are doing.  

Edit.  Notice the OP has not actually started a conversation.  One whining, intolerant post and that is it.  Also, props for announcing on these forums you intend to break rules you have agreed to follow.

Edited by malachi6, 15 November 2017 - 12:51 PM.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #42 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 15 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

That is more of a problem of artillery, rather than the map. 3 artillery lower the fun on most maps.

Super Heavies are absurdly powerful on all maps even Prohk. 

The main issue with Prohk is IMO the 1 line is too dense with concealment and the idiots that camp there get too many free shots as you try to dig them out. I've seen games lost or almost close to lost on Prohk because of this, even though one team has control of 3/4s of the map and more tanks, they have struggled to dig out the campers. 

Luckily the have fixed that on the HD map, the meta for Prohk on the HD maps is going to be interesting, one of the most changed HD maps IMO, but the changes are very subtle and not immediately obvious, but all areas are impacted, hill is different, mid ridge is very different and the 1 line is different, particularly for the spotting bushes. 

I am not the biggest fan of Prohk, but I think it is more because of the way many play it, not the actual map design, I also do not like that WG has dug the 1 line in so tanks can advance up it without risk of side shots making map control less important to a push here. They subtlety sunk a dumb corridor into this map. 

True, 3 arties on many maps are lowering the fun a lot. But especially on this map (and a few more), arty make life for slow armoured tanks very though. But that's something you need to live with.

I don't have any particular issues with super heavies, except those few that are made too good. tier 8 VK and Type 5 are 2 of them.  But on Prohk they lose a lot of that advantage when there are multiple arties. Then I am personally rather in any other tank.

I am curious about the new HD maps. They look interesting at first glance, but I'm not going to do any test server stuff. The little time I do spend on WoT, I better spend playing real games (still need to grind the Tortoise).

Mostly interested when they're going to work on some serious new maps at last though (unless it's more corridor maps, as they may keep those)

I know, they made the map a lot more forgiving by lowering all the lanes. The original Prohk map was more interesting. 

G01ngToxicCommand0 #43 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostZombieFX, on 14 November 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

I refuse to sit in a corner for [edited]15 minutes.

That's how you """""" play """""" this map and apparently everyone around here has pudding for brain and is OK with that.

"Oh but you-" 

No you cant.

You get shot the moment you move and lose.

Hill is a fat target for arti and camp is a target for hill

Grinding along the ridge gets you killed with lights and its a [edited]awful map no matter what.

ONLY one having "fun" is artillery players. Literally. By the word. Only those. Nobody else.

its the worst map for mediums and especially heavies... and if you dont have a scout as TD - guess what, you are *edit.

Right now i watch on my 2nd screen a T95 die slowly........ sounds fun hm?

Even he barely made half of the way before being *edit trough his uber armor.

This is "fun"

This is "gameplay"

This is wg at its worst

An ape with a typewriter could do a better map!

i know i can.

anyone can.

you can!

they can't!

Refusing to give that [edited]map a rework for ........ how long?

Oh sorry they did rework it once and added fancy planes on start and cool fireworks............ THANKS WARGAMING... did help a lot !

The devs can WAR themselves in their GAMING!

Good choice; the more players that will do this kind of protest the higher the probability that it will force Wargaming to improve the game when the whiners complains about people suiciding. I already do it in order to protest the 3-5-7 and +2 MM. No dice so far so the suiciding must continue.:izmena:

Longer_Range_Sniper #44 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 660 battles

View Posttajj7, on 15 November 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

The main issue with Prohk is IMO the 1 line is too dense with concealment and the idiots that camp there get too many free shots as you try to dig them out. I've seen games lost or almost close to lost on Prohk because of this, even though one team has control of 3/4s of the map and more tanks, they have struggled to dig out the campers. 

Is it not also the case that many players don't actually know how to clear the one line. There are quite a few bushes, but there are also natural rises and hollows in the ground that allow a limited probing advance.

If you try and recce the one line before your team have stopped the circling enemy scouts in the centre it's very tricky. The first action should be to stop those enemy scouts. Then you push in bounds down the one line using the ground, and you may take a shot or two, but it's very achievable.

It does of course require a certain understanding in randoms between your team light tanks and TD's who should move up the map, and you always get that in randoms don't you.....:B

TungstenHitman #45 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23302 battles

This was not what I was expecting to read. It's a nice map, very open and exposed so heavy tanks with their zero camo and slower speeds suffer the most of any class and can really only use the top of the hill for any meaningful contribution unless they have fast aiming accurate guns, not many heavy tanks have. 

The light tanks playing TD? Yes, unfortunately by nature of it's open plan bushy design, this is a map where camo and spotting is king so if the tanks on your team best suited to this role, though not always light tanks, are total tomatoes, it's going to be a really difficult battle for you and your team but that would be a case of bad players not using their tanks as they should vs better players using their tanks as they should rather than a case of Prok being a bad map, it is not a bad map.

View PostZombieFX, on 14 November 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

An ape with a typewriter could do a better map!

Nearly ready!!

Spoiler

Omg does that ape ACTUALLY spell Prokhorovka??

Edited by Jbnn, 16 November 2017 - 10:27 AM.

tajj7 #46 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25575 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLonger_Range_Sniper, on 15 November 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Is it not also the case that many players don't actually know how to clear the one line. There are quite a few bushes, but there are also natural rises and hollows in the ground that allow a limited probing advance.

If you try and recce the one line before your team have stopped the circling enemy scouts in the centre it's very tricky. The first action should be to stop those enemy scouts. Then you push in bounds down the one line using the ground, and you may take a shot or two, but it's very achievable.

It does of course require a certain understanding in randoms between your team light tanks and TD's who should move up the map, and you always get that in randoms don't you.....:B

I think it's more that they go to spots where they are accidentally double bushed and often have one poor soul left on their team trying to win that spots for them. There are dips, but if you are approaching from train tracks either side they have just enough render range to hit people cresting these areas and then these players have to crest another 2-3 ridges just to get to the 1 line.  That leaves you quite exposed to lots of fire and if there are 183s or JpE100s in there you don't need many hits to lose lots of tanks.

The better approach is often up the 1 line but you usually have your own useless campers there.

If just needs less foliage, which interestingly is what they have done on the HD map, there are far less bushes on the 1 line area on the HD map, but also interestingly they have packed the level of bushes either side of the road that runs alongside the 1 line and when we were testing on the map there are so few gaps in this run of bushes along this road that you cannot spot either way, either from the 1 line to the middle or vice versa and it may even be possible for a light to go all the way up the road without getting spotted. 

Longer_Range_Sniper #47 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 660 battles

View Posttajj7, on 15 November 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

The better approach is often up the 1 line but you usually have your own useless campers there.

I agree. Doing the train tracks is a tough one, and the one line is better. But as we both say, it needs your own TD's to be on form!

View Posttajj7, on 15 November 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

If just needs less foliage, which interestingly is what they have done on the HD map, there are far less bushes on the 1 line area on the HD map, but also interestingly they have packed the level of bushes either side of the road that runs alongside the 1 line and when we were testing on the map there are so few gaps in this run of bushes along this road that you cannot spot either way, either from the 1 line to the middle or vice versa and it may even be possible for a light to go all the way up the road without getting spotted. 

I didn't see the HD version of this map so I'll look forward to that on the next Sandbox. Looks good though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users