XVM Tomato Other Fruit

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

PaiNzzz #21 Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16401 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

At 1600 battles you are considered really a newbie, but it is amazing that you know you are a "tomato". That's enough to make you better. It took me around 5k battles to reach a decent tier (non-prem account) and realize I am one, and decided to learn the game mechanics etc (I was playing multiple tech trees)

Knowing you're below average bro is enough to get you started on learning, it is actually the first step. The first thing you need to do now is keep playing, get accustomed to the game and try to feel how the tiers change. Listen to good advice, and in time you will learn with experience to recognize actual advice from crap. Don't be afraid to make mistakes or ask about anything (sure there are jackasses out there but there are also good people that will help you).

Read the wiki, which is outdated on tank info but still good on most of the mechanics. Learn the basics of penetration vs armor, and generic tank weak spots, such as cupolas, hatches, mounted machine guns, turret ring, lower glacis (LFP - Lower Front Plate), and strong spots such as (usually) turret front, gun mantlet, upper glacis (UFP - Upper Front Plate). There are exceptions sure, but it's enough to get you started. Learn about spotting vs camouflage mechanics. Learn about the role of your tank, and most importantly, learn your own tank, its strengths and weaknesses, so you can cover your weakness while you exploit your strengths vs your enemies' weaknesses.

Last, if you play a medium tank, you must leave the front line to the heavies and armored TDs, you must take shots of opportunity, such as peeking when the enemy has shot and is reloading, and you must try to get flanking shots and distract your enemies. You are going to be shot at, a lot, because you are squishy, that's why you need cover, concealment, and your mobility. Once you are out of their sight, relocate so that when you pop again they won't be pre-aimed at you.

Good luck and learning!

keithygee #22 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32004 battles
  • [MADHC] MADHC
You will always get the childish and immature players who think they are better than everyone else. Dont listen to them and play the game to your style of play and enjoy it. As long as you play the game which helps your team win the battle then it doesnt matter what colour you are or what your stats say. Those who say otherwise are those who play only to have great stats and not bothered about team play. 

Dexatroph #23 Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39740 battles

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 15 November 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

So on a tier 6 game, when some player with XVM peruses his team, I will be hidden among the yellows, and he'll curse the reds, not realising that I am one too. 

For this are the xTe values that show your performance ona  specific tank. Whatsoever, even your low count of battles is somehow an indicator. So all is fine and stats don't mislead when you take your time and not just focus on a overall wn8 value. 

Dexatroph #24 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39740 battles

View Postkeithygee, on 16 November 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

You will always get the childish and immature players who think they are better than everyone else. Dont listen to them and play the game to your style of play and enjoy it. As long as you play the game which helps your team win the battle then it doesnt matter what colour you are or what your stats say. Those who say otherwise are those who play only to have great stats and not bothered about team play. 

Good players often give tipps and sometimes will lead to a victory by telling the team what are important positons, when to  push etc. So its not a bad idea to listen to them.  

Your comment "the ones what play for good stats don't bother with team play" is just nonsense. This is a fairytale told by non-skilled players all the time. You have 47% winrate overall and a recent winrate of 36%. Would that make you a good team player?  I dont think so.

Edited by Dexatroph, 16 November 2017 - 04:16 PM.

woshiC #25 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8069 battles

@TE I am the same on higher tiers.

5/6 fine, 7 and higher tomato.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users