WG, one for you...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

flashbarts #1 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40767 battles

...why cant you incorporate the most popular Mods into the game so every time you patch, we don't lose em (until the mod is updated)

I am not talking about aimbots and all that malarkey, just things like session stats in game or different sights like Jimbos..

just a thought

Kozzy #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
You've had an account since 2013.  Can't you see any of the changes, influenced by 3rd-party mods, that have happened over the years?  I do agree that there could be a lot more.  I also wonder why though, a system like WoW cannot be implemented.  Where 'out of date' mods can be loaded (or attempted to be loaded) without having to get the latest versions.  Sometimes a mod needs to be updated purely because there is a new version of the game client and not because anything that the mod deals with has been altered in anyway with the latest game version.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKozzy, on 15 November 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

You've had an account since 2013.  Can't you see any of the changes, influenced by 3rd-party mods, that have happened over the years?  I do agree that there could be a lot more.  I also wonder why though, a system like WoW cannot be implemented.  Where 'out of date' mods can be loaded (or attempted to be loaded) without having to get the latest versions.  Sometimes a mod needs to be updated purely because there is a new version of the game client and not because anything that the mod deals with has been altered in anyway with the latest game version.

Well they have made the sights more flexible over the years. As in I've dropped my minimasitic sight mod, as I can get 100% the same vanilla now. But as for Jimbos sight etc? Well WOWS did implement several sights from popular mod creators. So they don't have to remake them each patch. So it's not the worst idea. 

Only mod I use now is a non elite filter in garage. That's still not implemented. And one of the most asked for garage filters.

Gixxer66 #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18038 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 November 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Well they have made the sights more flexible over the years. As in I've dropped my minimasitic sight mod, as I can get 100% the same vanilla now. But as for Jimbos sight etc? Well WOWS did implement several sights from popular mod creators. So they don't have to remake them each patch. So it's not the worst idea. 

Only mod I use now is a non elite filter in garage. That's still not implemented. And one of the most asked for garage filters.

Only Mod I'd really really like to be built in is the Region Changer that allows you to select any server from the 1 client. It's currently the only mod I have installed.

magkiln #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 November 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Actually, there are a lot of garage mods that should be implemented. Automatically return crew to a tank option, automatically set premium consumables so that they get bought for credits instead of gold, and also the automatic switch of cammo net and binoculars so you don't have to switch them by hand. To be honest, I don't understand why those aren't standard yet. They don't influence game-play, so no balance issues. And technically it cannot be too much of a problem, because Quickybaby usually has his mod-pack updated within hours of  a new patch.

Instead WG has wasted a lot of effort on the new interface for missions, which we didn't need.

Edited by magkiln, 15 November 2017 - 02:21 PM.

flashbarts #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40767 battles

View Postmagkiln, on 15 November 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Actually, there are a lot of garage mods that should be implemented. Automatically return crew to a tank option, automatically set premium consumables so that they get bought for credits instead of gold, and also the automatic switch of cammo net and binoculars so you don't have to switch them by hand. To be honest, I don't understand why those aren't standard yet. They don't influence game-play, so no balance issues. And technically it cannot be too much of a problem, because Quickybaby usually has his mod-pack updated within hours of  a new patch.

Instead WG has wasted a lot of effort on the new interface for missions, which we didn't need.

wot he said :-)

Jigabachi #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Implementing mods doesn't mean to simply press CTRL+C and the CTRL+V. In most cases it means programming it from scratch while taking the mod as a mere reference or concept to see how it should look at the end. And In other words:

It means to invest labour and money into something that somebody else already created for the players to use - for free.

RamRaid90 #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19657 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 15 November 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Implementing mods doesn't mean to simply press CTRL+C and the CTRL+V. In most cases it means programming it from scratch while taking the mod as a mere reference or concept to see how it should look at the end. And In other words:

It means to invest labour and money into something that somebody else already created for the players to use - for free.

Alot of this.

Homer_J #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27020 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmagkiln, on 15 November 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Actually, there are a lot of garage mods that should be implemented. Automatically return crew to a tank option, automatically set premium consumables so that they get bought for credits instead of gold, and also the automatic switch of cammo net and binoculars so you don't have to switch them by hand. To be honest, I don't understand why those aren't standard yet.

I imagine each of those crew and equipment switches creates a hit on the database, which costs WG money and also creates traffic from you to the server which again costs WG money and could contribute to lag.  That's my guess as to why the crew return is limited to a two click operation.

Moving equipment could be made easier though.  And I guess premium stuff for gold is a deliberate decision.

Mr_Deo #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39949 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 November 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yea the stock game Carousel has gotten much better over the years, but they still leave out non-elite tanks.

Whats odd is that the crappy UI interface for that continues on WoWP and WoWS too.  WoT's works the best, the other two are utter crap (The teams programming them should be slapped, with a wet tank).

I also use the removable equipment mover, and then the automatic crew mover.. Both of those should be stock too.  XVM has brought a ton of great UI changes to the game... I dare say that they have done more for UI design/interface than WG has.

Mr_Deo #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39949 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostHomer_J, on 15 November 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

I imagine each of those crew and equipment switches creates a hit on the database, which costs WG money and also creates traffic from you to the server which again costs WG money and could contribute to lag.  That's my guess as to why the crew return is limited to a two click operation.

Moving equipment could be made easier though.  And I guess premium stuff for gold is a deliberate decision.

3 Toolbox/Bino/Net = Enough for even yolo clowns like me!....

I would imagine a lot of players who have huge garages (and tanks with little to no equipment) buy quite a few of these.  WG will never add it because it's a silver drain, and they need those.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMr_Deo, on 15 November 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

XVM has brought a ton of great UI changes to the game... I dare say that they have done more for UI design/interface than WG has.

Things is that the people that play the game lots, notice things that are lacking more so then those that spends more time making the game then playing it.

Mr_Deo #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39949 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

Just as a odd point.

I think I have 18 non elite tanks at the moment, But XVM "non-elite" selection tool misses out things like VK(B), WZ-132, soon to be AMX M4 45, and perhaps the 71 DA for some players too.

Aikl #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

They've done a fair job of implementing mods that created a big advantage (except one particular one). Vanilla doesn't lack any features for me. Automatic equipment (de-)mounting I can live without, and the normal server sight is OK.

Knowing how some mods wreck absolute havoc on the game after a patch, I'm kind of allright with them not bothering with yet another thing that might go wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users