The amount of people reporting people for bad gameplay (Being a "BOT") is unreal !

report bot spam aimbot new players

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

gaaver #1 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8456 battles

I think that Wargaming's staff really needs to start addressing the problem of people reporting other players for different play styles. The amount of people constantly yelling out "reported for being bot" all the time is unreal and is constantly causing commotions during battles and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

Wargaming seriously need to start bring attention to this problem or bring in another way to report actual rule offenders, because the way it is done now is not ok. Not only is the report button spammed with false reports but also actual offenders end up getting missed because of people refusing to make it clear to themselves what the option is for...

This isn't a topic that can be ignored any longer in my oppinnon !!!

restore #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20039 battles

I Edited. But main question is, why do you think that reports actually works? Did you even see or meet a banned player? Or even heard of? And no, cheaters are something else, they are not banned thru reports. Fact is, it simply do not work, so you can report whoever you want - its just button without any function. I would be surprised if it even count number of those reports per player...

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 18 November 2017 - 11:55 AM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You don't think they take into account false reports? If you get reported for camping, or gold spam like the butthurt above me. It's usually just the one report. I've been reported for it 10 times a day, still here.

It's not the one butthurt report you need to worry about. It's when you get 5-6 pr game they take notice.

Jiemu #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20772 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
Sadly, WG values reports from all players equally. Meaning the complaint of a three year old child, which is about as good as half of the player base, weights just as much as the report of a very skilled player. In addition to that, WG really doesn't do anything with your reports. People can TK, ruin game after game and not get banned so if I were you I would not be worried about these reports. Last but not least, WG does not give us the option to report people as being close to braindead so when you see somebody that should not be playing the best report action you have is "inaction/bot". Hence why I too, will report these people as bots since they play as well as one despite knowing it won't do any good.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Well in all fairness, the amount of players that play like bots, seem to be bots (or worse) is unreal as well... You can call it a 'different play style' all you want but camping red line, behind SPG's, all game long and doing fudge all really doesn't run well with others.

Matcorr #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 15 November 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Well in all fairness, the amount of players that play like bots, seem to be bots (or worse) is unreal as well... You can call it a 'different play style' all you want but camping red line, behind SPG's, all game long and doing fudge all really doesn't run well with others.

I had a Jagdtiger and obj 704 platoon on my team, they both did 0 damage and you can be damn sure I reported them both.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgaaver, on 15 November 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

1. How do you suffer a loss when one player reports another one? :mellow:

2. Learn the difference yourself. A BOT is a player that uses a botting program, not a bad player. And no, the button is not there to report players using aimbots (oh, the horrors!), the button is there to report BOTs.

Block Quote

This isn't a topic that can be ignored any longer in my oppinnon !!!

Why not? What's the problem?

If somebody accuses another player for being a bot without any reason, use the chat and tell the accuser that he is wrong. And also report him for UC. Simples.

BP_OMowe #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Can't say you are wrong.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMatcorr, on 15 November 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I had a Jagdtiger and obj 704 platoon on my team, they both did 0 damage and you can be damn sure I reported them both.

It's not so much about the damage though, as it is about the active participation. Camping red line all game long regardless of tank played, or how the game evolves, and doing fudge for the team is generally UC report from me.

Pappa_Bom #10 Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

• Player
  • 9120 battles

I may be an old geezer and post this reply in the wrong topic, but I couldn't find  another thread that was close to my comment.

There are some times in WoT where I miss the possibility to "report"  a tank/ player for saving your team.

What I mean is that I see a very good tanker working his knuckles to the bone to help other players in the team to stay alive. For example saving the arty where some Light tank shows up behind the lines. Or come rushing in when you are totally surrounded to help you out.

After one of those games you feel like you would like to thank that tanker, and sometimes I do by sending a chat message.

No matter what the result of the tanker's actions, I for one would like to see a button or "report" where you endorse  someone that made an extra  effort or pushed that extra mile in the game.

Like giving him a "Goldstar" or something.

It may not be much, but I know that I feel good when someone sends a  message to me telling me I did good in the last round.

I don't know if anyone else  would like to see this possibility in the game?

Cobra6 #11 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It indeed tells you something really important about the quality of the general playerbase if most of them function at the level of a bot, doesn't it?

And no OP, the "bot" category is for bots or players functioning on the level of a bot, not for aimbots.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 17 November 2017 - 05:03 PM.

Strappster #12 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 24145 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 17 November 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

And no OP, the "bot" category is for bots or players functioning on the level of a bot, not for aimbots.

This. There's a subtle clue in the option being titled "Inaction / bot".

HundeWurst #13 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70001 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

And with "different playstyles" you are talking about botlike camping in some corner?

Or the complete lack of the ability to control their tank with the wsad-keys?

And in the end of the day it does not matter. I dont think anyone ever got banned for botting due to reports. SO these reports are wasted to begin with.

The_Georgian_One #14 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36780 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
The report specifically states 'inactive/bot'. I use that for the players that coward behind arties in their heavies.

You can call it 'differerent playstyle' OP, but I call it hindering own team.

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 17 November 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Strappster #15 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 24145 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWunderWurst, on 17 November 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

SO these reports are wasted to begin with.

I disagree. There's a small placebo effect in filing such a report - you strongly suspect that nothing will come of it but it's marginally better than earning a chat ban by sharing your thoughts with the team. It's like the stress ball of game reports. :)

Cobra6 #16 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostStrappster, on 17 November 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

I disagree. There's a small placebo effect in filing such a report - you strongly suspect that nothing will come of it but it's marginally better than earning a chat ban by sharing your thoughts with the team. It's like the stress ball of game reports. :)

I always share my thoughts with the team, have done for 7 years and never once got a chat-ban. And I'm not particularly subtle doing that either......

Honestly I wonder what some of the high end clan members in my friendslist call team member because they receive chatbans 24/7 it seems :teethhappy:

Cobra 6

Aikl #17 Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I remember being called 'bot' sitting at six kills and busy winning the game.

Not sure exactly why. Either in place of more 'aggressive' insults, or players can't handle that you are better than them. That's a common theme. I see basecampers getting called 'bots' for good reason; but if you do something incredibly stupid in your top-tier tank you're just an idiot.

View PostCobra6, on 17 November 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

(...)Honestly I wonder what some of the high end clan members in my friendslist call team member because they receive chatbans 24/7 it seems :teethhappy:

Cobra 6

Avoiding crude insults, diseases and their family members seem to do the trick. 

xx984 #18 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55077 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Its not just bot, Its "Inactions/Bot" If someone sits back and does nothing, and it gets me killed. As far as im concerned thats Inaction as they were doing nothing

vixu #19 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42611 battles
Most often I just say that I report bots. In reality I report only those, who use gold rounds against my heavy tanks.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29251 battles

View Postrestore, on 15 November 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

I report every single goldspammer i meet. But main question is, why do you think that reports actually works? Did you even see or meet a banned player? Or even heard of? And no, cheaters are something else, they are not banned thru reports. Fact is, it simply do not work, so you can report whoever you want - its just button without any function. I would be surprised if it even count number of those reports per player...

It doesn't work because [edited]like you swamp the system with useless reports so WG has to set the bar for actual banning higher than it needs to be, which of course then means people that need to be banned get away with things they shouldn't. You are the problem, not the report system.

Also tagged with report, bot, spam, aimbot, new players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users