The amount of people reporting people for bad gameplay (Being a "BOT") is unreal !

report bot spam aimbot new players

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Cannes76 #21 Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67622 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View Postrestore, on 15 November 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

I report every single goldspammer i meet. But main question is, why do you think that reports actually works? Did you even see or meet a banned player? Or even heard of? And no, cheaters are something else, they are not banned thru reports. Fact is, it simply do not work, so you can report whoever you want - its just button without any function. I would be surprised if it even count number of those reports per player...

So you run out of reports in 2 battles?

Isharial #22 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I report every single goldspammer i meet. But main question is, why do you think that reports actually works? Did you even see or meet a banned player? Or even heard of? And no, cheaters are something else, they are not banned thru reports. Fact is, it simply do not work, so you can report whoever you want - its just button without any function. I would be surprised if it even count number of those reports per player...

and you wonder why they don't care about reports? its because of people like you sending in reports like that of people using the game design... nothing reportable about using gold ammo :facepalm:

its the "boy who cried wolf" cry too much, and when you need them, they wont give a damn about it

maybe that's why the game is in such a state eh? food for thought

cragarion #23 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44291 battles

View Postgaaver, on 15 November 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

I think that Wargaming's staff really needs to start addressing the problem of people reporting other players for different play styles. The amount of people constantly yelling out "reported for being bot" all the time is unreal and is constantly causing commotions during battles and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

Wargaming seriously need to start bring attention to this problem or bring in another way to report actual rule offenders, because the way it is done now is not ok. Not only is the report button spammed with false reports but also actual offenders end up getting missed because of people refusing to make it clear to themselves what the option is for...

This isn't a topic that can be ignored any longer in my oppinnon !!!

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 November 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

You don't think they take into account false reports? If you get reported for camping, or gold spam like the butthurt above me. It's usually just the one report. I've been reported for it 10 times a day, still here.

It's not the one butthurt report you need to worry about. It's when you get 5-6 pr game they take notice.

View PostJiemu, on 15 November 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Sadly, WG values reports from all players equally. Meaning the complaint of a three year old child, which is about as good as half of the player base, weights just as much as the report of a very skilled player. In addition to that, WG really doesn't do anything with your reports. People can TK, ruin game after game and not get banned so if I were you I would not be worried about these reports. Last but not least, WG does not give us the option to report people as being close to braindead so when you see somebody that should not be playing the best report action you have is "inaction/bot". Hence why I too, will report these people as bots since they play as well as one despite knowing it won't do any good.

cant be bothered to quote any more than the first 4,

What you all need to realise is it doesn't matter if 29 people report you,

you don't just get banned the reports just bring the player to a gm's notice,

all battles are recorded and if reports are made during the battle the report is kept for a gm to watch,

the gm then decides what action if any needs to be taken.

the only automatic system in the game is for team damage.

Tomotorqemada #24 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16786 battles
Being a finch is generally wrong. You do not win from this, and lose decency too

LepiSale #25 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48131 battles
I report everyone who didn't fire a single shot.

Mike_Mckay #26 Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21101 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Maybe someone has written a reporting bot that just sits in the game shooting reports to admin about every player they see without leaving their base.....ment that their parents let them live in rent free :)

View PostLepiSale, on 17 November 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Makes mental note to NEVER drive a tank with a machine gun as they can NEVER fire a "single" shot........ :hiding:

Supreme_King_997 #27 Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26323 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-

I think that Wargaming's staff really needs to start addressing the problem of people reporting other players for different play styles. The amount of people constantly yelling out "reported for being bot" all the time is unreal and is constantly causing commotions during battles and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

Wargaming seriously need to start bring attention to this problem or bring in another way to report actual rule offenders, because the way it is done now is not ok. Not only is the report button spammed with false reports but also actual offenders end up getting missed because of people refusing to make it clear to themselves what the option is for...

WTF are you talking about??!

Button clearly says "Report as AFK/Bot". Bot programs are usually so bad that is almost as same as having an AFK player.

Are you blind or stupid?

Mike_Mckay #28 Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21101 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostNickyNPower, on 18 November 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

WTF are you talking about??!

Button clearly says "Report as AFK/Bot". Bot programs are usually so bad that is almost as same as having an AFK player.

Are you blind or stupid?

I think the point he was making is that people on here seem to have a mental illness that makes them see bots anywhere and everywhere

Someone who camps = bot

Someone who doesn't move the moment the game starts=bot

Someone who doesn't go where they told them to go=bot

Someone who is a crap shot=bot

Someone who is a good shot=bot

Someone who just happens to be playing the game when they are on their period=bot

Its ridiculous

And often the players constantly screaming about bots and asking players to report them don't even do as well as a bot would do in a game to begin with

In fact the sheer level of stupidity of many of these people beggars belief, I have had someone carry on a 5 minute conversation with me in chat about why I was a bot, even though I was having a conversation with them.......they must think that the progress with AI is MUCH further along than it actually is or they were just dropped on their head 20 times too many as a baby, possibly both

Stimpeltje #29 Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28058 battles

play like a bot => get reported for bot

Phobos4321 #30 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:15 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

so they are reported

(are they really?  there are just 10 reports per day and these announcing players normaly are out of reports after 2 games...)

if there are sanctions at all 

just look at wows they got a button to report "plays bad"  so you might report someone with that but do you believe any actions will be taken? even more as playing bad isnt against any rules? so to some degree reports are just a placebo

even more because no one outside and probably even at WG knows how this report system works

there are rumors that votes of players making less votes  carries more impact, rumors that multiple times voting the same person will nullify any of these votes, what votes are punished at all ? 

you can read of some unsportsmanlike bans but did they came from  automatic system or was they issued by support because of a send in replay?  what would be the numbers of reports needed  for the system to take actions ?

its all a giant black box  

Edited by Phobos4321, 18 November 2017 - 10:06 AM.

cragarion #31 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44291 battles

View PostLepiSale, on 18 November 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Guess me and 2 other people on my team driving slow tanks would have got reported yesterday our team won so fast we didn't get a chance to fire a single shot.

Gremlin182 #32 Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 49185 battles

The number of self entitled idiots making petty reports could be the reason such reports get ignored.

Whats needed is an automated system that notes how many reports a player makes then checks out those players with over a certain number for abusing the game system.

Be really funny if someone who makes loads of reports for players using SPGs or those using premium ammo got a game ban.

Be even more funny if they got a ban for stating on the forum that they do it.

I suggest excessive map pinging and false reports should lead to warnings then bans.

Its as bad for the game as any bot program

vasilinhorulezz #33 Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

If I see you hugging the red line in your super heavy tank, I report you ASAP,

stop doing that and I will not.

Also it's inaction/bot, not aimbot.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #34 Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

Working as intended, no really it is, just part of the deliberate frustration forced upon the players as per the F2P business concept.

Headless_Rooster #35 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10755 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

Many people get reported by these #deadpool crybabies just for being alive when the crybaby is a smoldering wreck.

WG should introduce a report for Deadpool crybabies :teethhappy:

Zoggo_ #36 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28375 battles

Reporting 0 damage bots pointless, so many of them I'd run out of reports in an hour.

Whatever happened to the idea of positive reports with a small reward initiative? Actually have a complimentary system where you could praise team mates for carrys/ team play ( it happens every now and then) etc.

I remember that contributor Cypress Meeting video 2 years ago with Victor thinking it was a great idea. He even wrote it down in his notepad. :sceptic:

Phobos4321 #37 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles
wasnt that the staged video where wg even gave out the questions they gonna be asked ?

magkiln #38 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24344 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE
The fundamental question here: Why do people think those reports are even recorded? What if WG just put the button in the game for people to vent their frustration and then completely ignore all of it? It would be a cynical approach, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how it works.

ChestyMorgan #39 Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7589 battles

Imagine I have been reported a few times but never hear anything about it from WG.

To be honest if the MM is bad, like all the heavies on one team against all mediums & it turns into the expected gang rape, or my team dies around me in the first minute or so I don't see the point of wasting my life playing against such odds any more & just park up & wait to die or find a way to destroy my vehicle. Am past caring with the state of the gameplay which is why I can only stand it in small doses now & haven't paid WG any money for it must be two years now

Wrong quite possibly but realistically nothing that I will do will change the battle outcome much & I would rather spend my time surfing the internet etc waiting for the battle to end to see what MM is going to be like next time round. Course, if the Muppets at WG actually fixed the MM? Too much to ask.

Erwin_Von_Braun #40 Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 17 November 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

And with "different playstyles" you are talking about botlike camping in some corner?

Or the complete lack of the ability to control their tank with the wsad-keys?

And in the end of the day it does not matter. I dont think anyone ever got banned for botting due to reports. SO these reports are wasted to begin with.

Are you telling me I can use ASD too?

That's where I've been going wrong:facepalm:

Also tagged with report, bot, spam, aimbot, new players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users