The amount of people reporting people for bad gameplay (Being a "BOT") is unreal !

report bot spam aimbot new players

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

restore #41 Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20517 battles
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB

So what is the reason of using reports? Its a tool to banish unsportsmanlike behavior and players who are making the game worse for others. Its exactly what im using it for, trying to make game enviroment better. No need to look for hate or grudge, its an attempt to slow down that descend to hell.

PS

i didnt know that goldspam is now considered illegal/forbidden activity, such a good news

omgdontkillme #42 Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39415 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

Report system is same as whine and games in old rome.

Just to appease the masses and not to change something.

Dragonlordcv #43 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23980 battles
If there are too many "bots" in my team (like a Maus behind arti etc.), suddenly i get the no worth to carry syndrome and read a news article. Reports do not work either way.

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 21 November 2017 - 08:06 AM.

Excavatus #44 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

you guys realise this is one of the guys who never even reads or answers his own topic eh? .

Just saying..

jeffrey_mk2 #45 Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12794 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
Some people are just stupid , I once had a game where I was chatting with another player of the team asking what the plan was going to be.
Because we where one of the few tanks left and wanted to make sure we help each other on the field to win.
Suddenly somebody said  report kv4 , its a bot being useless all game.
All my problem was the tank itself being freakin slow (because it was close to stock).
Ita the party pooper tank that comes when everybody already left the party.
The player expected me to go 60kmh driving over the map to help on the other side ,what are you even thinking?
I never ever seen a bot chatting with somebody else also.
I said in chat that he clearly doesnt know what a bot is.
Reply was something about my momma and the word noob?

Just like a game I had with the cromwell once , I was racing to all sides of the map spotting the enemy everywhere.
Constantly nobody was shooting at the targets I spotted or where plain stupid looking to the other side and having no clue what the red dots are on the minimap.
Did myself around 1100 dmg , everybody did die because they where not doing anything.
That resulted me to constant relocating , because waiting at 6 tanks and just die is stupid if you got speed.
Then a guy start complaining Im a bot because I constantly was running away from the action? He didnt even know I was the one spotting all targets and trying so super hard to spot and be usefull.
Then he just decided to teamkill me and call me a useless sh i t bot that needs to be reported.

Im glad wg isnt doing much with the reports ,too many people use the report option the wrong way.

Venatacia #46 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34396 battles

If the report system doesn't work, why can't we have 100 reports instead of 10. Most battles there is 1-6 zero damage tanks. Then you get at least 1 afk'er. Then there are the spammers and then at least one team killer too. So every battle there are 4 reports needed minimum, so 3 battles and all 10 reports are used up straight away. If they don't really work but work indirectly on your mind making you think a report has worked and making you satisfied, then give me 100 reports.

When I joined this game over 5 years ago we only had 5 reports and I hardly used 1 in an evening of play. Skip to today and 10 isn't even remotely enough - shows the state of the game to me.

Emeraldweed #47 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10436 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

I might call someone out like ''kv2 reported'' but i rarely actually report him. Mostly for two reasons

a) I know that if i actually report him then most probably nothing will happen? 

b) I just want to give a hint to the player that what he's doing is completely false without penalizing him, just for him to think to himself ''why did he report me what did i  do and how can i avoid that?"

I actually report people like is7's with 60k+ games and 200 wn8 

Edited by Emeraldweed, 21 November 2017 - 03:23 PM.

ortega456 #48 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62740 battles

View Postgaaver, on 15 November 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

I think that Wargaming's staff really needs to start addressing the problem of people reporting other players for different play styles. The amount of people constantly yelling out "reported for being bot" all the time is unreal and is constantly causing commotions during battles and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

Wargaming seriously need to start bring attention to this problem or bring in another way to report actual rule offenders, because the way it is done now is not ok. Not only is the report button spammed with false reports but also actual offenders end up getting missed because of people refusing to make it clear to themselves what the option is for...

This isn't a topic that can be ignored any longer in my oppinnon !!!

WG only implemented the report button for angry people no matter if right or wrong, have something to click on like a placebo effect so they think they actually can do something against bad behaviour to give them peace or channel their frustration.

But don't worry, the reports aren't taken into account into banning players or anything.

Chuwt #49 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27411 battles
Inaction is doing nothing...sitting in spawn position, gun down. Normally this is the fault of the game crashing, losing connection or genuine crisis for player calling them AFK.
Bots (I am stating this because it is obvious many either do not know, understand or pretend not to) are programs that run your tank for you, normally badly.

Reporting players for the first is silly, as it is normally not the players fault, and even if it is , you probably gain so little from it I do not think many people are actually attempting to use it as a tactic.
Reporting players for the second is both invalid and stupid unless they are actually a bot, and i am unsure if I have EVER seen a genuine bot.
Reporting people for camping, poor play orplay you do not like etc is NOT what is intended..indeed making such reports is probably unsportsmanlike conduct  in itself. Every person who makes reports they know to be invalid ubndermines the reporting system, and allows the genuine offenders more freedom.

Thrael7 #50 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23400 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

How the hell can reports mean anything nowadays beside giving us the illusion that we take vengeance?

I watched a replay last time I got a Kolobanov's in VTU 'cause it was definitely unexpected and lucky. I have chat disabled so I was amused by the battle messages.

A guy starts complaining about his KV2's bad aim. Then when I'm left alone vs 5 he turns his attention to me and starts calling me a bot. Then he says I'm "9k skiller but solo noob".

He then starts interpretting my cautiousness and manoeuvres as using "aimbot", then "wallhack" and finally I'm a bot again that loses time instead of doing what he thought was right.

He calls me an idiot for the last time 10 sec before I reset cap at ~99% against the last enemy alive, a Borsig... He didn't type anything at the end.

I bet I got his reports though...

Edited by Thrael7, 21 November 2017 - 04:39 PM.

TacPenguin #51 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42538 battles

"Reports"

AFAIK they were made totally impotent after the T22 reward tank fiasco where any player that appeared in a random battle in a T22  got the bejeses reported out of them and banned.

That was due to so many clans/players rigging the whole thing to get the T22 and the masses were not happy.

The T22 "owners" complained as the legit winners were getting banned with the cheaters.

Reports are just a SOP so you can feel like you did something.

4tankersanddog in the US did a whole day where asked every player in every game to report him and he did not get banned.

TacP

Nishi_Kinuyo #52 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7762 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Rarely report anyone for botting because, guess what, it rarely happens.

I suppose it is also for inactive, but cowards wanking in a corner technically aren't inactive either.

So if I wanted to report all of them, then I'd be out of reports after one battle on any of the main kempfest maps (erlenberg/malinovka/prokhorovka/etc).

Really, just save your reports for the ones that really matter; like UC for people throwing away their tanks in some way (crashing, drowning, suiciding, etc.).

Block Quote

4tankersanddog in the US did a whole day where asked every player in every game to report him and he did not get banned.

Good guy that one, loads of useful vids on youtube he has. Certainly gives a lot of insight on some of the more obscure game mechanics.

ExemeXe #53 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5479 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

The different play style is not a problem.

Do you like camping? Play arty or TD.

The problem is, when someone plays top tier heavy (ie.: IS7) and literally camps at the redline.

or someone with a paper armored TD goes to frontline and got shredded in seconds.

etc.

etc.

undutchable80 #54 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7847 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Anywhere you can find out how many times you have been reported? Want to see if I should try harder...

:popcorn:

SaintMaddenus #55 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35217 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My KV-1 up the hill in Himmsdorf got reported as bot.   Several times.   Bot noob etc etc.   but actually reported.   Better than camping behind arty.  I report those for IDLE/bot.   If they move AFTER I have said I have reported them for idle then I also report them for unsportsmanlike conduct for camping.

I use a lot of unsportsmanlike...

4TankersAndDog_US #56 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

Thanks for the shout-out up above folks, here's the video in question:

SlyMeerkat #57 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16625 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I hardly ever report but when i do, its for a very good reason, even though they may not do anything about it but ah well

enu_ #58 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22670 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostExcavatus, on 21 November 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

you guys realise this is one of the guys who never even reads or answers his own topic eh? .

Just saying..

forum bot?

Dundato #59 Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26339 battles

View Postgaaver, on 15 November 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

I think that Wargaming's staff really needs to start addressing the problem of people reporting other players for different play styles. The amount of people constantly yelling out "reported for being bot" all the time is unreal and is constantly causing commotions during battles and in allot of cases ends up making the team suffer losses because of people just not knowing the difference between a BOT (bad) player and aimBOT (the reason the button is actually there for!).

Wargaming seriously need to start bring attention to this problem or bring in another way to report actual rule offenders, because the way it is done now is not ok. Not only is the report button spammed with false reports but also actual offenders end up getting missed because of people refusing to make it clear to themselves what the option is for...

This isn't a topic that can be ignored any longer in my oppinnon !!!

the reports dont count, its just there to humour us. ive been experimenting with this for the past 12-18  months by asking people to simply report me and im still waiting to be banned, the sooner people begin to realise the WG is only in this for 1 thing, then the better

Also tagged with report, bot, spam, aimbot, new players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users