Are you ever going to do something about this dumb RNG ?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Voja_DaRealMVP #1 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38898 battles
  • [GX] GX
This, is imo in the top 3 of "Biggest problems with the game". Just give me a straight answer. Will you fix the RNG or not, because making correct plays and still getting punished for it is not something a "competitive" game such as this one should have. Am i supposed to believe that some clueless newbie who doesn't even know the whereabouts of the Minimap on his screen, just casually bounces my skorp G APCR shell with the rear armor of his Defender, and then he just turns his turret snaps without even a milisecond of aiming from 300m and rolls for 530. Like maybe it's time to listen to the experienced and decent part of the playerbase for once ( we occasionally give you money too you know.. ). You have done way to much for the bad part of the playerbase, and the living proof of that is the current state this game is in. Try fixing it even by a small margin, you may actually make something worthwhile, in addition to making a butt-load of cash. 

TheOneAboveAII #2 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13210 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Wow wow wow...easy there...wg won't fix crap...they won't even move an inch...you know why? Because if you happen to play with xvm...and play at around tier 8...90% of the prem tanks are driven by potatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, everything from the local supermarket with a red color. Wg doesn't give a crapabout what we want...because if tomato misses...they think...eh..i suck...whatever....if tomato hits...they praise wg and buy another tank...if we hit...we think...good...i know to [edited]aim and the rng hasn't f-ed me over yet....if we miss...we either think..ok...i poorly aimed this one i need to aim better next time...or...WTF IS THIS RNG???...which the second applies to me 80% of the time i play my skorpion g...and about 50% of the time i play any tier 8+ swedish tds...which are supposed to be the creme de la creme of the game when it comes to sniping.

_Bundesheer_ #3 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29505 battles

As discussed over and over again: RNG is the only thing which helps those Edited. Without it (or with decreased level) those tomatoes would leave the game instantly.

No money, big problem.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 16 November 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Excavatus #4 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

ahaha... nice one... thinking WG will think the players who knows about the game..

think like this,

the majority of the game is the average guys.. add this the number of below-average guys, and terribad guys, and bot like guys..

now you have the number of the people who need to be saved at some point by the RNGesus..

WG need to make game simpler and better and more fun for them :)

Phobos4321 #5 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 43095 battles

1) wg wont reply to you no matter what

2) RNG was in the game from the start and they never had intentions to change it    so its pretty reasonable to expect they list the RNG as working as intended

Bennie182 #6 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51588 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostVoja__RATM, on 16 November 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

This, is imo in the top 3 of "Biggest problems with the game". Just give me a straight answer. Will you fix the RNG or not, because making correct plays and still getting punished for it is not something a "competitive" game such as this one should have. Am i supposed to believe that some clueless newbie who doesn't even know the whereabouts of the Minimap on his screen, just casually bounces my skorp G APCR shell with the rear armor of his Defender, and then he just turns his turret snaps without even a milisecond of aiming from 300m and rolls for 530. Like maybe it's time to listen to the experienced and decent part of the playerbase for once ( we occasionally give you money too you know.. ). You have done way to much for the bad part of the playerbase, and the living proof of that is the current state this game is in. Try fixing it even by a small margin, you may actually make something worthwhile, in addition to making a butt-load of cash. 

Funny, that when I say this, people usually reply that it's my own fault I miss/bounce etc and not the influence of the game, though I know that a lot of the good players have the same issue as we do.

Hedgehog1963 #7 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50889 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Why fix something that isn't broken?

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Why do players keep making these posts? 

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Who did write the book of love?

Ast3r09 #9 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37729 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

I used to question and dislike RNG, but after the first 5000 battles I just got used to it. It does get annoying however when a perfectly aimed shot misses and in return the red player I was aiming at snapshots one in me right as I'm about to pull back behind the hill, in a tiny bit of exposed LFP.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHedgehog1963, on 16 November 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Why fix something that isn't broken?

RNG isn't broken, but it's causing quite some troubles here and there. There are some things that need some improvements, but I guess that isn't what people want to achieve with these stupid threads. Here people just want to moan about things they have no clue of.

Homer_J #11 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
All I see is a Skorpion G player crying, which makes me happy.

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50889 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostBennie182, on 16 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Funny, that when I say this, people usually reply that it's my own fault I miss/bounce etc and not the influence of the game, though I know that a lot of the good players have the same issue as we do.

The issue is that some players are not winning as much as they think they should and want the game changing so they will.

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 16 November 2017 - 04:34 PM.

jack_timber #13 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 16 November 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why do players keep making these posts? 

Why do birds suddenly appear?

Who did write the book of love?

1 Because they feel better complaining and everyone is so sympathetic.

2 Carpenters, Close to you.

3 The Monotones

Does me and my good friend Google win a prize?

MrLowRoll #14 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15626 battles
Still think it is hillarious that a game like WoT with all this rng is considered an e-sports game...

G01ngToxicCommand0 #15 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

No RNG ⇒ Edited bad players ⇒ said bad players not paying.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 17 November 2017 - 11:16 AM.

Strappster #16 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExcavatus, on 16 November 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

now you have the number of the people who need to be saved at some point by the RNGesus..

Because good players never get saved by RNGesus, it's always their skills which get them out of a sticky situation. :rolleyes:

View PostMrLowRoll, on 16 November 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Still think it is hillarious that a game like WoT with all this rng is considered an e-sports game...[By who? Citation needed]

The only people I see calling WoT an e-sport are those from WG. I understand they want to get on the e-sports roster but as far as I can tell it's still seen as an arcade shooter with a competitive element among top clans and teams.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrLowRoll, on 16 November 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Still think it is hillarious that a game like WoT with all this rng is considered an e-sports game...

Regarding e-sports, the completely broken gamebalance and shallow meta seems to be the bigger problem...

HundeWurst #18 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

WG has said many times that they are not considering chaning any of the RNG as of now.

God knows for what reason.... Well yeah so that all the bad players can have their WOW-moments from time to time as well. However I would guess that everyone is just frustrated by such exessive RNG: Also I guess cutting down the RNG would result in less gold spam which we for sure cannot ever have.

THere is your reason. It promotes goldspam hence support the pay2win element of WoT. When the game is going to die, who knows when, but with their current paste I would not give it more than 2 years till you see it actively starting to die, they might do something about it. But till then, leave or deal with it.

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 16 November 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

No RNG ⇒ Edited bad players ⇒ said bad players not paying.

Which has been proven so many times be total [edited]that this is not even funny any more.

There are so many games out there which are a great success and doent really have much RNG in them, and still are played and loved by the masses.

I dont know why you guys still write this [edited].

Edited by VMX, 17 November 2017 - 11:22 AM.

Slyspy #19 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 16 November 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

WG has said many times that they are not considering chaning any of the RNG as of now.

God knows for what reason.... Well yeah so that all the bad players can have their WOW-moments from time to time as well. However I would guess that everyone is just frustrated by such exessive RNG: Also I guess cutting down the RNG would result in less gold spam which we for sure cannot ever have.

THere is your reason. It promotes goldspam hence support the pay2win element of WoT. When the game is going to die, who knows when, but with their current paste I would not give it more than 2 years till you see it actively starting to die, they might do something about it. But till then, leave or deal with it.

Citation needed. 

Shivva #20 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29634 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
OP never snapped off an almost impossible shot or rolled for max dmg? does he think that only bad players get benefits from rng?.. if that is the case then go stock up on the tinfoil.

Edited by Shivva, 16 November 2017 - 07:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users