Lag issue or just bad luck?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DH48 #1 Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11900 battles

Can anyone explain how i did no damage ? I get two shot at the same tank on my screen i can see that the shell should have hit.

I know the contact bar is messed up but this has started to happen to me after the contest started. It is not frequent but does happen is some matches. You aim and you see the shell just go through aaaaand nothing.

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21061 battles

Probably ghost shell,

main reason usually is package loss, check how stable your connection is.

As for the last shot I think it missed, but not really sure.

Bennie182 #3 Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50328 battles
think the last one missed, yeah

DH48 #4 Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11900 battles

Connection is not a problem it is not the best but still 20/20mbs should have no issue and as i mentioned it is not the first battle.

Maybe the last did miss. I have had similar shot and they have hit. Will have to see if it repeats again. So far only 4 matches have been like this....and not whole match just random tanks.

SuedKAT #5 Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDH48, on 19 November 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Connection is not a problem it is not the best but still 20/20mbs should have no issue

Connection speed is quite irrelevant, I got a 1Gbit/s up and down connection, I can still lag and have packetloss that negatively affect my gameplay. Basically the data your client and the server use to communicate use the IT infrastructure across Europe, if it's overloaded/congested at one or more hops you can run into issues. Think of it as driving down the freeway in a Ferrari, you can drive it in 300km/h but if you're stuck in rush-hour traffic that barley moves you won't be able to reach 300km/h no matter how hard you try and if we take packeloss into consideration you also lost some of the cargo you had in the backseat along the way.

Support articles: 

https://eu.wargaming...kb/articles/461

https://eu.wargaming.../kb/articles/50

Strappster #6 Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Your ping jumps from 42ms to 60+ on the first shot, that's hardly an unplayable connection but couple that with you firing on a target that's outside maximum view range and goes unspotted the moment after your shot "would" have hit and I think you can write that one off as a ghost shell or server correction.*

The second one is much easier to explain - you missed.

* A consequence of the server-side resolution used in this game is that your client initially draws in the shell path based on the information that's available to it. When the server comes back and says, no, it didn't happen like that, the client can't redraw the shell path so it stops what it's doing and continues with what the server told it actually happened. The result is you see a shell path that appears straight and true only for the shell to vanish.

The range to your target is 499m. The dispersion on a T30 fitted with vents and a BiA crew is 0.34 (according to tanks.gg, not using food because the video doesn't show food), at 499m that results in dispersion of 1.6966m, more than enough for your shot to miss the AMX completely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users