Lag

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DustyRhodes #1 Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

Nice specials this weekend; it would be nice if...well...i could actually play the game.

There are terrible lag spikes that are making the game pretty much unplayable; today i tried shooting an enemy to have my shot delayed by ~2 full seconds

Similarly the free female crew member as compensation for the chat system going down was nice....but...well...chat has just gone offline again for me.

SyJoMa #2 Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24985 battles
Yes, for me too. Seems like it started when the micro update for the March of Nations came out... 1-2 games might be fine (sometimes even over 5 games), 60 ping as usual. Then 1-2 games from bad to unplayable. There might be 500 ping spikes or the whole game might just be 500 ping. And this pattern repeats. Few lag free games and few unplayable.

No lag in other games, no changes to computer, settings etc...

Edited by SyJoMa, 18 November 2017 - 06:54 PM.

DustyRhodes #3 Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

''No lag in other games, no changes to computer, settings etc... ''

It is the same for me

I used to get a pretty stable 30ms ping; i haven't changed anything; sometimes now i will completely lose control of my tank for several seconds to then have the tank teleport and on one occasion, teleport ~50m and explode, presumably from getting shot.

jack_timber #4 Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Sorry to say it's working fine for me... Haven't seen others in Battle complaining either.

Can be a right so and so when it does play up though.

Have you tried the normal cures, restart pc, restart modem/router, try cat 5 rather than WiFi. Anyone else online, in ours wife watching Netflix, 2 grandkids watching YT me on WoT getting stable 40ms ping....

DustyRhodes #5 Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
''

Sorry to say it's working fine for me... Haven't seen others in Battle complaining either.

Can be a right so and so when it does play up though.

Have you tried the normal cures, restart pc, restart modem/router, try cat 5 rather than WiFi. Anyone else online, in ours wife watching Netflix, 2 grandkids watching YT me on WoT getting stable 40ms ping...''

I have checked the latency of my connection with several 3rd party sites; i am getting a stable connection to a Dutch server at 35ms and it is constant. I can get a better connection to Japan than i can get to the WG servers in Europe. I have restarted my pc several times while this has been going on because i have been getting this for about 2 weeks

I am trying to do a WGCheck report atm; because chat is down again and that was recommended....maybe that will find something.

jack_timber #6 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Hope you get it fixed soon then:)

DustyRhodes #7 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

''Hope you get it fixed soon then''

Thanks...but it will be a bit late; i wanted to get some games in while the specials were on and i had premium time. The time is just getting wasted...much like i am trying to play the game with random 2-3 second lags

I don't hold out much hope; it is 1 bug after another with WG; this is coming after i recently had to rewrite command lines for my graphics card to stop  WOT repeatedly crashing the drivers.

And WG saying that the chat bug was fixed and it is back within a day.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Eu 1 or 2? As I'm on 2 with zero issues.

But have you run a trace to see where the lag occurs? As the few that have done that so far today complaining about it had issues way before the server or locally. So just to eliminate issues on your end. As this game is 100% server side calculated. Thus there are more traffic that can go wrong vs most online games.

DustyRhodes #9 Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

''Eu 1 or 2? As I'm on 2 with zero issues.''

I am getting lag on both and it is totally inconsistent; the 2 EU servers show wildly differing latency; that does not make much sense if the problem is at my end

''But have you run a trace to see where the lag occurs?''

No; that is not something i have ever had to do before, i would have to learn how, it is alarming how many times i have had to learn things to get this damn game to work half right

I am not sure where the issue is; like i said, i have tested the latency on several 3rd party sites and another comparable game (AW) with none of the issues i am having with this; that also does not make much sense if the problem is at my end

DustyRhodes #10 Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23300 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

''But have you run a trace to see where the lag occurs?''

I have just tried using ping plotter to diagnose the network; if i am reading it right there are 13 nodes between me and WG and the latency appears to be high at nodes 10-13, in particular node 12; the one prior to WG game server IP address.

TibetanTea #11 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14495 battles
Since 1 month i get micro lag while playing especially at rush hours, today i hade 3 lag spikes of 600 ping that complety blocks the game making the game sick, i test internet 100% fine i never had issues but now its just getting impossible, its something about servers for sure

Derethim #12 Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

There is a couple of things you can do, if you have the option to, the best one is to connect your computer via cable and not wifi. WoT hates Wifi connections. Period.

If you can't, try forwarding the ports WoT uses on your wifi, if you know how to do that. Helped me wonders back when I played Call of Duty.

Another thing to do is connecting to the server, which is closer to you. EU1 is in Germany and EU2 is in Netherlands/Holland.

Last thing I can think of, except it being your provider's fault or you having your wifi badly set-up, is, don't play during rush hours, which is usually afternoon, when kids come from school and early evening, when "the dads" come to play.

Homer_J #13 Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Been fine for me and I'm playing at work using my phone as a mobile hotspot so that's 4G and WiFi.

View PostTibetanTea, on 18 December 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

its something about servers for sure

A pingplotter trace would say with a lot more certainty than your gut feeling.

Graeme0 #14 Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24875 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
C'mon guys, WG fixed the chat and contacts list, something was bound to break as a result which is why everyone has lag. If you want them to fix lag then fine, but let them know what feature to sacrifice...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users