Jump to content


What gives you more exp?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

DragonH19 #1 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18610 battles
  • 859
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

What gives you more exp?

 

Killing 6 TANKS with 1 HEALTH POINT 

 

or

 

Doing 5.000-7.000 DMG but 0 kills

 

 

?

 

 

Thanks in advance.


Edited by DragonH19, 18 November 2017 - 11:21 PM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64272 battles
  • 15,379
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Depends. You don't get a flat XP pr damage point. If you do 6 damage and get 6 kills. You only get a small bonus pr kill, that is based on the enemy tier vs yours. So lower tiers give less, higher tiers give more. I've seen a tier 8 with a top gun and 300 damage get 500 xp. So there is something to get.

 

If you do that 5K damage at 300m on others spotting. You lose 50% xp pr damage point to the one spotting it.  Vs if you did that damage on your own spotting that is also based on the target tier. Then there is a small bonus for doing damage to targets at 200m or less. There is a small bonus for critical hits, as in taking out crew, ramming, fire, or ammo rack kill on top of the damage or lack of damage you do to it. If you get first spot on a target there is a small bonus. There are so many variables pr game besides just doing damage. 

 

But 5K damage and 0 kills should give you more then 6 kills and 6 damage. At least 2 to 3x more depending on how do to the damage, and to who you do it to etc.

 

 



Phobos4321 #3 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43082 battles
  • 8,194
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011
the damage one should giveyou learly more exp even if you didnt spot for yourself

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics

 

5 second search will give you the answer. Rather than posting stupid questions.



Codename_Jelly #5 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
Damage

Codename_Jelly #6 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 18 November 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

http://wiki.wargamin...attle_Mechanics

 

5 second search will give you the answer. Rather than posting stupid questions.

 

God forbid someone should ask the community of a game they are playing a game related question.

 

Its like asking for assistance in WoW and people saying go google.


Edited by Codename_Jelly, 19 November 2017 - 12:02 AM.


RamRaid90 #7 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 18 November 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

God forbid someone should ask the community of a game they are playing a game related question.

 

Its like asking for assistance in WoW and people saying go google.

 

There is a difference between asking a genuin question and asking a stupid question.

 

6 points of damage is going to equal 5000-7000 damage in terms of XP is it? Even the stupidest of players could have answered that one.

 

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.



Strappster #8 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

I have it on good authority that gitting gudder gives you more xp.

 

HTH



Codename_Jelly #9 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 18 November 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

 

There is a difference between asking a genuin question and asking a stupid question.

 

6 points of damage is going to equal 5000-7000 damage in terms of XP is it? Even the stupidest of players could have answered that one.

 

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

 

6 points of damage ?  That is not the comparison he was asking about.

 

He was inquiring if the killing blows were worth more than just doing damage.



RamRaid90 #10 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 18 November 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

 

6 points of damage ?  That is not the comparison he was asking about.

 

He was inquiring if the killing blows were worth more than just doing damage.

 

He asked if 6 kills worth 6 points of damage would be worth more or less than 5k-7k damage.

 

Common sense would give you the answer to that.



Jigabachi #11 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,481
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Sorry, but that's indeed a truly stupid question...

DragonH19 #12 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18610 battles
  • 859
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 18 November 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

 

6 points of damage ?  That is not the comparison he was asking about.

 

He was inquiring if the killing blows were worth more than just doing damage.

 

Looks like you are the only one here who got my point. Props to you.

BP_OMowe #13 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24764 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View PostRamRaid90, on 18 November 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

5 second search will give you the answer. Rather than posting stupid questions.

 

You just can't be helpful without acidity, can you?

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBP_OMowe, on 19 November 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

 

You just can't be helpful without acidity, can you?

 

Yes, but if you ask a stupid question you will get a stupid answer.

 

It is obvious which is going to yield more XP.



Homer_J #15 Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostRamRaid90, on 18 November 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

 

He asked if 6 kills worth 6 points of damage would be worth more or less than 5k-7k damage.

 

Common sense would give you the answer to that.

 

Common sense in WoT?

 

I'm expecting OP to now bring a battle result showing that someone just getting the kills got more exp.

 

Anyway, the answer is - winning gives more exp.  Your actions account for a small part of your EXP, how well the team does gives most of it.



RamRaid90 #16 Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

 

Common sense in WoT?

 

I'm expecting OP to now bring a battle result showing that someone just getting the kills got more exp.

 

Anyway, the answer is - winning gives more exp.  Your actions account for a small part of your EXP, how well the team does gives most of it.

 

Yes maybe I was hoping for a bit too much there.

 

The answer is ... "Fort Knox"



shane73tank #17 Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27305 battles
  • 1,987
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014

View PostStrappster, on 18 November 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

I have it on good authority that gitting gudder gives you more xp.

 

HTH

 

luckily this comes with Fort Knox if you buy from shishx_the_spiv

Strappster #18 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

Anyway, the answer is - winning gives more exp.

 

No kill, cap all! :izmena:



malachi6 #19 Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49216 battles
  • 3,226
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 November 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

 

There is a difference between asking a genuin question and asking a stupid question.

 

6 points of damage is going to equal 5000-7000 damage in terms of XP is it? Even the stupidest of players could have answered that one.

 

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

 

Is it a stupid question if has it raised a point that is being discussed.  To call it a stupid question is passé at best.  Churlish at worst.  You could have simply chosen to add the link.  You decided to be petty.  

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20546 battles
  • 6,278
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Postmalachi6, on 19 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

 

Is it a stupid question if has it raised a point that is being discussed.  To call it a stupid question is passé at best.  Churlish at worst.  You could have simply chosen to add the link.  You decided to be petty.  

 

Nothing is being discussed here.

 

A reasonable question to be asked would have been "Is 6 kills at a single damage point each worth more than 100 damage?"

 

The answer to that would have probably taken some thought. Since nobody knows what the "small bonus" for destroying a tank actually is this would have raised a debate and possibly some testing. A genuine question at least.

 

To ask whether 6 damage 6 kills will yield as much XP as 7k points of damage is undeniably insane, and such a question requires a sarcastic/irritable response. Of course memories of the OPs previous posts also colours the view of future posts he makes, making me approach with hostile attitude.


Edited by RamRaid90, 19 November 2017 - 06:59 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users