lowest tier heavy in batlle what you will do?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ironmaiden1983 #1 Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22564 battles
  • [GR_AX] GR_AX

so basicaly this is i  perrsonal guestion to learn playing and having i litle more fun when i get to be the low tier heavy in the battle . so for example right now i griding for the wz-111 5a and i am at is-2 with the is-2 us low tier in battle how you will play it ?

p.s sorry for bad english not native

thestaggy #2 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14740 battles

You are lucky in that the Chinese heavies are fast for heavy tanks, so what I would do as a low tier heavy is go with the medium tanks.

Don't go try and fight an E75 in the city, just go with the mediums and help them.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well it depends a bit on the situation, map, what tank you're in, what support you have on the flank you're on, what you're facing and so on. A hull-down T29 can still do some work while an AMX M4 45 will for the most part just blow up when something looks at it. An IS-2 though have a reasonably high alpha gun for the tier but crap pen and Russian gun handling, but it have quite nice HEAT ammo though, still you won't take on enemy top tier HT's head on in a city fight if you can avoid it.

Generally I'd go with the MT's and act as their second line support at first and watch how the situation develops, even a tier 9 MT don't want to get hit by a 390 alpha gun if they can avoid it after all. However it depends quite a bit on the map and what you're up against as well as what support you have, on for example Live Oaks I'd go with the MT's every time, going hill on Himmelsdorf and get farmed ain't as obvious all the time though.

Edited by SuedKAT, 19 November 2017 - 07:49 AM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Depends on the tank and map of course. If the tank has somewhat reliable armor, you can still fight in the first line, as long as there is enough cover and support. If not, keep back and support the toptiers or defend a weak flank if necessary. And yes, I'd rather join the mediums as you tend to have no chance against toptier heavies.

What people often ignore is their HP. Even as a bottomtier heavy you tend to have a lot of HP. Use those if necessary, e.g. when you have to get past a chokepoint.

Edited by Jigabachi, 19 November 2017 - 09:58 AM.

Bennie182 #5 Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50394 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 19 November 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Depends on the tank and map of course. If the tank has somewhat reliable armor, you can still fight in the first line, as long as there is enough cover and support. If not, keep back and support the toptiers or defend a weak flank if necessary. And yes, I'd rather join the mediums as you tend to have no chance against toptier heavies.

What people often ignore is their HP. Even as a bottomtier heavy you tend to have a lot of HP. Use those if necessary, e.g. when you have to get past a chokepoint.

I doubt this works with 175 pen and no reliable armor on IS-2. Also the accuracy is trash and you don't have Stalin in the tank, which means you will miss a lot of your shots fully aimed.

Go with meds is the best as Thestaggy suggested. Choose soft targets and use your mobility. Also watch the environment carefully, as mediums usually use more open terrain and it's more likely arty will shoot in your direction.

ZlatanArKung #6 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postironmaiden1983, on 19 November 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

so basicaly this is i  perrsonal guestion to learn playing and having i litle more fun when i get to be the low tier heavy in the battle . so for example right now i griding for the wz-111 5a and i am at is-2 with the is-2 us low tier in battle how you will play it ?

p.s sorry for bad english not native

Go to the front line and push, since the higher tiered heavies are usually lacking the balls to do so.

Havenless #7 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

Spam gold, play as a slow medium and hope you roll the better team that wins the map control and subsequently allows you to farm some damage.

Bottom tier tanks are borderline useless in terms of winning games so you might as well play for damage. This gives you the most XP and is typically the only contribution you can do. There are some exceptions but for the most part you can forget about being aggressive or playing your heavy tank as a heavy tank. Because +2/-2 is fun and we all want our tank roles raped!

Edited by Havenless, 19 November 2017 - 11:26 AM.

chiggy #8 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30612 battles
I would probably engage the Maus early in the game on the heavy line.

Radu_Korne #9 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27766 battles

1. go with the meds (doesn't work if you're in a slow turd like Black Prince, Tiger P)

2. if you're a master of the game, go and support the main heavy tanks... you need to know weakspots/reload time/minimap and when to push (more like flank a high tier heavy, not a real push unless he's low on HP) or retreat. Pretty hard and has a lot of yay/nay moments. But never ever take the lead or try to carry your dumb top tiers, you will die in 3-4 shots...

no. 2 is very hard... hence why most ppl go for 1

Hedgehog1963 #10 Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50190 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
One thing to do is to protect the flanks of the top tier HT's in your team.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 18508 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Basically already answered above but i will just add that you should not confine yourself to a roll because of the icon on your tank.
Stopped counting the times i went with the meds in my T-10 or IS-3 as a heavium when i was either in a tier 10 game and/or i saw many heavily armored tanks on the other team. Doesn't make sense trying to brawl with them when you are already at a disadvantage because you don't have the armor but if you go med line you have the alpha to support the push. Just remember to keep pushing with them and not snipe from the rear.  

Strappster #12 Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 23643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Play sniper from a position behind arty. If anyone questions you, tell them you're supporting the team by guarding the SPGs. Should your team go more than one tank behind, drown yourself and call the rest of your team noobs.

Bonus points if you stream your battles with a title showing off both your WN8 and includes a witticism that's both unfunny and too long to display properly unless you hover your mouse over it. Something like "[ EU | ENG ] 150 WN8 | rekkin noobs n takin names - i used to be a tanker like you till i took an arrow to the tracks". Ban anyone who says anything in chat and drop the stream at random moments to keep the viewers intrigued.

Rinse and repeat until the grind is complete.  :great:

Bennie182 #13 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50394 battles

View PostHavenless, on 19 November 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Bottom tier tanks are borderline useless in terms of winning games so you might as well play for damage.

Your stats show the outcome of your attitude once again. Stop spamming with useless posts, unless you have a clue how to play the game. This is not the first time you come up with nonsense.

With your attitude, you WILL lose, because you don't focus on helping the team gaining a win. Which means stupid farming, but less xp, since winning games gains more.

Havenless #14 Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

View PostBennie182, on 19 November 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Your stats show the outcome of your attitude once again. Stop spamming with useless posts, unless you have a clue how to play the game. This is not the first time you come up with nonsense.

With your attitude, you WILL lose, because you don't focus on helping the team gaining a win. Which means stupid farming, but less xp, since winning games gains more.

And once again you bring in the stats of a post account because reading is too hard. Besides with your stats I wouldn't bash anyone. You're just another player who's watched some Jingles videos from 2012 where the old (wrong) conventional is being spammed, then proceeded to bott/semi-AFK through tens of thousands of battles without ever learning anything actually meaningful. Now it's 2017 and you're still repeating the same old stuff you saw in a 5 years old video that has been logically debunked several times. You saw a nice youtube video of one cherrypicked battle in which a bottom tier tank had a great game and the commentator was praising how he carried the team as if it was possible every game. Without ever questioning this, you decided that bottom tiers can carry and not underpowered and probably cost yourself tons of wins/credits/XP believing in this. The guy making the video didn't bother to mention that the bottom tier guy just got extremely lucky that things worked out, and probably failed to mention all those countless miserable bottom tier battles when the given player could do nothing because his higher tier teammates didn't set up a nice buffet for him or when his enemy team was slightly less horrible.

What wins games is early damage in the most important areas of each map. This determines which team gets map control and probably an early advantage of a few tanks. The problem with bottom tier tanks is that they are awful in this duty because they have no effective armor, usually have much weaker guns and bad health pool. That means a higher tier tank of the same class in the enemy team can just kick your useless bottom tier tank out of the area effortlessly, which makes their already far more powerful tanks even more powerful because they also get the positional advantage.

I still too often try to be useful in my bottom tier tanks and play the important areas with the objective of winning the game. Usually I end up trying to do the job of a higher tier tank who's not doing his job(wow what a surprise), and even if I manage to help in securing the area on my way to hell, that means I get no rewards from the win which makes it pointless. The worst thing is that the top tiers who didn't do their job often get to reap the rewards and think they played well, which means they'll do exactly the same again the next time. It's also much more common that my "sacrifice" doesn't even win the game and it's just a stopgap solution that allows the high tier bots to farm a few shots of damage and lose the game, while I get both a loss and a miserable personal score. Every time I do this I regret not just farming damage.

Bottom tier tanks are objectively speaking borderline useless, they have always been and always will be. Old videos and brainwashed people telling you to "pley support", "spot for arta", "flank" or "aim for weak spots" just doesn't cut it in 2017. If you want to prove your point, we can go to training room and take a game in which you play a tier 8 tank and I play a tier 10 tank. I'll agree to most map picks, as long as no broken climbs are allowed. If my win rate is so bad, surely you will show me how to play this game and how useful bottom tiers are. The loser buys the winner 2500 gold. How does that sound? Here's an epic opportunity for you to earn some money with your legendary skills and knowledge of the game.

Edited by Havenless, 19 November 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Depends on the tank for me more so then the map. As in how much pen and mobility it has. The IS-2 for instance is still a good 2nd line support for the main push. Be that on the HT line or on the med line. As it's not slow either, and rather flexible. So then I go to the line I feel needs my help vs the enemy setup etc.

The more slower, but more armored HT's, I tend to follow right behind the higher tier HT's and support them as best I can. Either by taking shots when their top tier is reloading, or even taking shots so they can all go forward and hit him if they run low on HP.

Paper HT's like the 50 100 etc is 100% support. Use the mobility and reload time to relocate and help the second the clip is ready. Be that on the med or HT line. Or even the TD line. Then it depends more on where the enemy is pushing more so then anything.

ironmaiden1983 #16 Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22564 battles
  • [GR_AX] GR_AX

View PostStrappster, on 19 November 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Play sniper from a position behind arty. If anyone questions you, tell them you're supporting the team by guarding the SPGs. Should your team go more than one tank behind, drown yourself and call the rest of your team noobs.

Bonus points if you stream your battles with a title showing off both your WN8 and includes a witticism that's both unfunny and too long to display properly unless you hover your mouse over it. Something like "[ EU | ENG ] 150 WN8 | rekkin noobs n takin names - i used to be a tanker like you till i took an arrow to the tracks". Ban anyone who says anything in chat and drop the stream at random moments to keep the viewers intrigued.

Rinse and repeat until the grind is complete.  :great:

love it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users