Things that i will never undestand :/ help !

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Whisky_Tango #1 Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

im just a regular pixel guy on the internet but i belive there are things that should be reworked ... im just bored and making a topic about it :P 

when people will ask me about this game i will just give them my honest opinion ...its not worth it :P sry WG ..but thats how i look on your game at the current state ( if you polish a turd with a golden color ...it will be still a turd ) doesnt matter if you bring out new fancy shiny tanks or give us HD maps it will still have the same issues witch we are chosing to accept and with stupidity pay for the game with real hard earned money :) witch in that case like a mentioned above before about my honest opinion - it is not worth paying for this game ..why ?? let me make some points down below...

1. unbalanced teams - its a pvp game ..you have to do something about bots , cheats , i just dont understand how hard is it to just delete res_ files and forbid third client programs to be installed ...even to this date we have a possibility to se where the enemy tanks are aiming on the minimap when they are spotted ...thats  CHEATING!!! and yet do we have our lovely WG supporting it ...the ugly truth is ... i have been playing this game for so many years and i made my own conclusion that WG cares about the money and their golden joystic award nonsence ...

2. to much accuracy RNG - if you are stationary and fully aimed at the tank below 100 m, the shot should go dead center on the spot you are aiming at .. ( pay attantion next time when you hit a tank below 100m then you will agree with me 100% ) :P  when you right klick on a gun mounted on the tank it will show you detail information about it ...one of them is accuracy : 0,XX at 100 m ...

3. silly accuracy - this is just mindblowing how stupid it looks ..a tank on the move should have realy low chances of hitting another tank ..but yet we do se this every game ..a light tank 200m going yolo and yet manage to pull it off...or when you se a enemy tank reversing and still shoots you from like 300 m away ...

4. jumping crosshair - this makes me laugh, whenever you aim at the tank bihand a obsticle like on Cliff in the middle when light tanks trys to take the lighthouse in the middle , there is a gap witch you can shoot through but every time you aim there your crosshair is way above your camera crosshair or arctic region (screenshot down below) ...there are more spots on every map , .

5. FPS drops - i do have a good computer and i should have no issue whats so ever but yet i sometimes do get 45 fps on few maps while on the rest of them i do get 72 fps even when im in sniper mode ...

6. not registered shots : its rare but its happends :/ few years back there was a big topic on the forums and they said they fixed the issiue ..nahhhh i dont belive in that story 100% ...i will post a replay and i hope you can watch it to the very end when i was fighting a Super Pershing my shot was clearly aimed at his turret below 50 m away and when i pulled the trigger ..nothing happend :) lovely ...

http://wotreplays.eu...e/3948500#stats

7. how is this even possible ?!!!!!! you aim at the enemy in sniper mode and you are waiting for that aiming circle to be the smallest ...but when you press shift back again to regular view the circle is allready shrinked and you dont have to wait extra seconds to be able to pull the moste accurate shot ...

8. Players recive XP for basicly doing 0 effort ...or by drowning ...that is the thing witch pisses me off big time ! it should be simple - you do 0 your recive 0 ..taaadaaaa!! less yolo and bots on the field ...

if someone bother to answer theyes question i m more happy to read them :) ! tango out! pew pew!

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_003.jpg   958.13K

Edited by Whisky_Tango, 19 November 2017 - 11:06 PM.

LCpl_Jones #2 Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10773 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 19 November 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

2. to much accuracy RNG - if you are stationary and fully aimed at the tank below 100 m, the shot should go dead center on the spot you are aiming at .. ( pay attantion next time when you hit a tank below 100m then you will agree with me 100% ) :P  when you right klick on a gun mounted on the tank it will show you detail information about it ...one of them is accuracy : 0,XX at 100 m ...

there is no accuracy in this game, the shot never hits the center of the reticle, never. 

makes aiming at weak points a total RNGesus farce

Homer_J #3 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29728 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1. Because you are no programmer.  Deleting res_mods will not stop cheats, you can only make them harder to detect and in the process ruin the game for thousands.

2. No, your shot should go somewhere in your aim circle otherwise there is no difference between accurate and derp guns.

3. It's an arcade game, if you had to stop and aim every shot even at close range it would be boring.

4. This is a side effect of the system adjusting for distance automatically.  There are mods if you want to change the behaviour.  Oh, you'll need res_mods for that though.

5. Clearly your computer isn't as good as you think it is.  I run on max settings and never drop below 60fps and I don't even have a great system.

6. Invent a better internet if you want to fix that.

7. Replay bug.

Edited by Homer_J, 19 November 2017 - 11:15 PM.

Strappster #4 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25677 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 19 November 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

1. unbalanced teams - its a pvp game ..you have to do something about bots , cheats , i just dont understand how hard is it to just delete res_ files and forbid third client programs to be installed ...even to this date we have a possibility to se where the enemy tanks are aiming on the minimap when they are spotted ...thats  CHEATING!!! and yet do we have our lovely WG supporting it ...the ugly truth is ... i have been playing this game for so many years and i made my own conclusion that WG cares about the money and their golden joystic award nonsence ...

Removing res_mods is possible, obviously it only requires a folder to be removed. Except you know that res_mods only exists because people were over-writing the game files in other folders to implement mods, don't you?

3. silly accuracy - this is just mindblowing how stupid it looks ..a tank on the move should have realy low chances of hitting another tank ..but yet we do se this every game ..a light tank 200m going yolo and yet manage to pull it off...or when you se a enemy tank reversing and still shoots you from like 300 m away ...

So there's too much RNG on accuracy but the guns are too accurate. I'm beginning to suspect this is a list of your personal bugbears rather than something you've spent any time thinking about.

4. jumping crosshair - this makes me laugh, whenever you aim at the tank bihand a obsticle like on Cliff in the middle when light tanks trys to take the lighthouse in the middle , there is a gap witch you can shoot through but every time you aim there your crosshair is way above your camera crosshair or arctic region (screenshot down below) ...there are more spots on every map , .

All this shows is that you have no understanding of the aiming mechanics. I can't be arsed going through the rest of your points as I strongly suspect they show a similar level of ignorance to the ones I've quoted.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67411 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

1: Res_mod is only a placeholder folder. As in an easy way for you to remove the mod it it's not working. Or to tell the client to ignore using it when you run it in safe mode. Back in the day, mods was put in the res folder, and did overwrite the main files. So removing it won't fix anything.  ATM there is a beta program for mods on the RU server. They basically want to "mark" all mods with an approved line of code. If it don't have an approved code. The mod won't work. They basically want to host all approved mods on their on page, and approve what mods are allowed. Downside is that even a simple sound mod you made needs to be sent in for approval. Up side is it will make it harder for unwanted mods to come in. But.. it's been in Beta for almost 8 months. So no idea what's going on with it.

2: So you want 0.1 dispersion on all guns that are fully aimed? You can see how bad that would be for balance. if even a 750 alpha 300 pen shot at 500m went dead center each time fully aimed. It would also negate sniper class tanks and make everyone a sniper TD. Not just some guns. Just be happy wind don't affect it.

3: It does. The bigger the caliber, usually the bigger the dispersion. I've had tanks with the aim circle taking up half the screen when moving, with a broken gun, and still hit the target.  But even so... if it has a 1% chance to hit... it's still a 1% chance. But will it do so 100% of the time? No. Even my sniper guns don't do that with crew skills to improve it while moving the hull or the turret, not even 1 out of 10 shots do that. But when you are on the receiving end, it might seems so tho tbh, when different people hit you.

4: It's because you want it to aim at the air in front of the rock. But when you fire the shell will lob past it, and hit the mountain behind it. Not the spot in front of the rock. If they did that, then you could argue that it would be reversed. That it would be stupid to aim at long distance targets instead. As the sight don't compensate for long distance, only mid range.

5: Big world is an old engine. And on some systems it can bottle neck more so then on others, and kill FPS. The engine was fine when they used it for their RTS games back in 2010 etc. But WG said they more or less peaked with tweaking it for newer systems etc in 2014. It's not even using all your CPU cores. It's not that long ago that they shifted sound to use a different cpu to spread the load. Thus why when the HD maps come. They will run on a new, more tweaked engine for newer systems. So then you might notice a difference.

6: Down side of having everything server side. If you have lag, packet loss etc. Your client will say one thing, the server something else. And the client side shell tracer and hit, might be far from what the server says. It's rare as you said. But it prevents cheaters from making 100% actuate shots, or giving them 9999 pen on their shells. And the price you pay is a minor data stream hiccup. Either due to the server, or loss of data on the way to you. For all you know, that could have bounced, or hit a different spot vs what you got.

7: Two possible reasons. Client says one thing. Server says something else, referring to #6. Or in sniper mode zoomed in, the sight is "bigger" and you notice the shirking better. When in the regular view, the aim is "smaller" and you notice it less.

somegras #6 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 49765 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

5. FPS drops - i do have a good computer and i should have no issue whats so ever but yet i sometimes do get 45 fps on few maps while on the rest of them i do get 72 fps even when im in sniper mode ...

6. not registered shots : its rare but its happends :/ few years back there was a big topic on the forums and they said they fixed the issiue ..nahhhh i dont belive in that story 100% ...i will post a replay and i hope you can watch it to the very end when i was fighting a Super Pershing my shot was clearly aimed at his turret below 50 m away and when i pulled the trigger ..nothing happend :) lovely ...

7. how is this even possible ?!!!!!! you aim at the enemy in sniper mode and you are waiting for that aiming circle to be the smallest ...but when you press shift back again to regular view the circle is allready shrinked and you dont have to wait extra seconds to be able to pull the moste accurate shot ...

8. Players recive XP for basicly doing 0 effort ...or by drowning ...that is the thing witch pisses me off big time ! it should be simple - you do 0 your recive 0 ..taaadaaaa!! less yolo and bots on the field ...

if someone bother to answer theyes question i m more happy to read them :) ! tango out! pew pew!

I'll just answer some of the stuff I have issues with in your OP.

1: Same old story, feel free to read any of the countless other threads about cheats etc.

2: No, it shouldnt go dead center. Why not? Well, it would make the game horribly boring, and also, it would severely favour high alpha, garbage accuracy guns. Can you imagine something like a KV2 hitting pixel-weakspots because his target was within 100 meters?

3: The only solution to this would be that tanks wouldn't be able to shoot at all while moving. How else are you going to prevent them from getting lucky shots on the move once every few games?

6: Here is what happened:

The shot

Yellow line indicates the rock, note where im aiming (red circle), no highlight

Same thign, but I moved the aimcircle, note the highlight

7: What are you even talking about?

Also, if you are going to spam HEAT the entire game, for the love of god, stop shooting trackwheels for 0 damage.

Edited by somegras, 19 November 2017 - 11:19 PM.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Skipped the introduction, started reading point one, stopped reading after the part about deleting the mods folder.

To still leave a somewhat constructive answer:
1. If you want people to read the stuff you write, try to write like you (hopefully) learned it in your first years at elementary school. Basic grammar and basic text layout really doesn't hurt.
2. It should be more than obvious why WG won't ban mods...

HugSeal #8 Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

1. you have to do something about bots , cheats , i just dont understand how hard is it to just delete res_ files and forbid third client programs to be installed ...even to this date we have a possibility to se where the enemy tanks are aiming on the minimap when they are spotted ...thats  CHEATING!!! and yet do we have our lovely WG supporting it ...the ugly truth is ... i have been playing this game for so many years and i made my own conclusion that WG cares about the money and their golden joystic award nonsence ...

1. And what would deleting the res_mods folder accomplish? Also, seeing where enmy tanks are aiming on the minimap is afaik actually NOT cheating unless they've changed the policy again.

2. Nah, don't agree 100%. It could be less random but that would require rebalancing of all tanks. And fully aimed shots at 100m are somewhat close to pin point accuracy. Even low acuracy guns with something like 0,5 dispersion will still hit within a 0,5m radius at 100m.

3. And a tank on the move have a really low chance of hitting an enemy tank. But there are a lot of shots fired during a game, some of them will get lucky. This also seems to contradict your seond point somewhat.

4. Yep, annoying with low velocity guns.

5. If you get 45 or 72 fps then something is seriously clogging down your system. I usually manage to stay above 75 on my ancient 2500k. And that's with the game only running on one core with some fps-draining mods used. Good news though, with the new graphics about to be released multi core support is added.

6. Sure, all yuo need to do is invent a zero latency connection with no packet loss. Easy enough?

7. Not really sure what you are saying, in sniper view the reticle has a maximum bloom size though which is why itmay take some time for it to start shrinking. But having a discrepancy between the aitime in 3rd and 1st person view sounds like a client side error. Never experienced that myself.

8. It's a 15v15. Sometimes you simply cannot carry your team and osmetimes you go to the right spot and the enemy just won't happen. I'm all for reducing the difference between a win and a loss though.

Edited by HugSeal, 19 November 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Cannes76 #9 Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68756 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Clearly your computer is a toaster. I'm on a 6 year old PC running the game at max settings and I never go below 110 fps

Phobos4321 #10 Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 43392 battles

oh a a brand new topic we never saw before ...

and so much BS within it

1. unbalanced teams : what comes tomy mind would be you need some kind of skill mm or leagues to address that  bots/cheats arent related to that even the slightest bit

mods are even less to blame since they are the major source of improvements for this game. might be shocking for you but the first mods were here before there was even the res_mod folder ...  

with 4k games within 4 years  you might not be such a big deal for wg

2. bs -difference in gun acc makes perfectly sense  should be 152mm of kv2 and the 7,5 L100 from the panther come along with the same accuracy ? 

3. wo see hits and we see misses though you seems to have decided to ignore them

4. isnt that based on the distance messuring, leaving the tank you would aim at the skybox as such your shot would be aimed higher 

5. cant be a good one or you wouldnt have issues (or you got other problems  like too less memory, overheating, other tasks slowing it down...)

6. what are registered shots ? ghost shells ?  were always connection issues

7. your point ? logic? what are you saying?  me no understand

8.  you appear like a complete ignorant moron here   ever played a slow tank andhad a match progress faster than you could follow ?  be happy with your 0 exp ? also if you drown to often i believe you get 0 exp like the handle deserting

also answering you seems pretty pointless if you state in the headline you will never understand them (even if 20k ppl explained it to you)

Whisky_Tango #11 Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

View Postsomegras, on 19 November 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

I'll just answer some of the stuff I have issues with in your OP.

1: Same old story, feel free to read any of the countless other threads about cheats etc.

2: No, it shouldnt go dead center. Why not? Well, it would make the game horribly boring, and also, it would severely favour high alpha, garbage accuracy guns. Can you imagine something like a KV2 hitting pixel-weakspots because his target was within 100 meters?

3: The only solution to this would be that tanks wouldn't be able to shoot at all while moving. How else are you going to prevent them from getting lucky shots on the move once every few games?

6: Here is what happened:

The shot

Yellow line indicates the rock, note where im aiming (red circle), no highlight

Same thign, but I moved the aimcircle, note the highlight

7: What are you even talking about?

Also, if you are going to spam HEAT the entire game, for the love of god, stop shooting trackwheels for 0 damage.

go and watch it again to the very end ( like i said before : turret ) ...when the super pershing is bihand cover you will see the shot i made before battle ended ...maby you shot AP with wz and doing 300 dmg ..when i play i focus to be on the top ..

View PostJigabachi, on 19 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Skipped the introduction, started reading point one, stopped reading after the part about deleting the mods folder.

To still leave a somewhat constructive answer:
1. If you want people to read the stuff you write, try to write like you (hopefully) learned it in your first years at elementary school. Basic grammar and basic text layout really doesn't hurt.
2. It should be more than obvious why WG won't ban mods...

*Edited

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

1. Because you are no programmer.  Deleting res_mods will not stop cheats, you can only make them harder to detect and in the process ruin the game for thousands.

2. No, your shot should go somewhere in your aim circle otherwise there is no difference between accurate and derp guns.

3. It's an arcade game, if you had to stop and aim every shot even at close range it would be boring.

4. This is a side effect of the system adjusting for distance automatically.  There are mods if you want to change the behaviour.  Oh, you'll need res_mods for that though.

5. Clearly your computer isn't as good as you think it is.  I run on max settings and never drop below 60fps and I don't even have a great system.

6. Invent a better internet if you want to fix that.

7. Replay bug.

1. if you dont have a folder to put stuff in ( you know like a wallet ) so there would be no possibility to have theyes stuff available to use

2. derp gun should have their penalty on accuracy ..i agree ..but less then 100 m should be more accurate ...the point is : everything in this game is RNG how can you know your own knowledge when you are missing point blank range when you knew you would hit and pen the target ...based on the information about the tank.

3. by stopping and focusing on full aim ..you are exposing your self to higher risk of danger, basic stuff...

5. i play battlefield 1 ..does it ring a bell ??? 

6. 100/10 mb/s fiber ..try harder m8 ...

7. wow ..ahhahaha ..comone dude , why would i review my own replay , i think its realy stupid maby you do it but i just press one button on the keyboard while im in battle and if i see something odd ...its takes less then a second ..but who knows maby your second is one minute ...

F.U.B.A.R

http://wotreplays.eu...e/3954413#teams

Edited by Nohe21, 23 November 2017 - 09:37 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive and disrespectful content.

Pvt_Duffer #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

my honest opinion ...its not worth it

Free :: Not worth it.

sorry. This is the *only* game, that has perfected the micro-transaction.

You really truly genuinely have to spend nothing.

It's not easy, but you can.

And if you choose to spend money, you don't get an 'easy mode' button.

There are people who have proven you can get purple stats as an F2P player.

There are people who have shown how it is possible to grind T10 tanks as an F2P player

There are people like me who spent nothing for 6 years, couldn't give a crap, then spend some (Edit: and then play less? WTF!?) . I did not need to spend. I chose to.

I'm gonna bet you're one of those plonkers who believes that marketing bovine excrement about "investing" in the game (from your point of view) and "investing" in the game (from the publishers point of view).

News: "Investing" does not mean what you think it means.

Google spending

Than you can evaluate "worth".

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 23 November 2017 - 12:22 AM.

Whisky_Tango #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 22 November 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Free :: Not worth it.

sorry. This is the *only* game, that has perfected the micro-transaction.

You really truly genuinely have to spend nothing.

It's not easy, but you can.

And if you choose to spend money, you don't get an 'easy mode' button.

There are people who have proven you can get purple stats as an F2P player.

There are people who have shown how it is possible to grind T10 tanks as an F2P player

There are people like me who spent nothing for 6 years, couldn't give a crap, then spend some (Edit: and then play less? WTF!?) . I did not need to spend. I chose to.

I'm gonna bet you're one of those plonkers who believes that marketing bovine excrement about "investing" in the game (from your point of view) and "investing" in the game (from the publishers point of view).

News: "Investing" does not mean what you think it means.

Google spending

Than you can evaluate "worth".

i wish i knew better ...you are right there is no need to spend money .I did liked the game very much few years back but the developers are making it worse to this uppdate :( i just want them to realize that what they do now is not something that they should continue with but as we all know ..its a company and they just want the money from the stupid people :) me included from the past ...i did not spend 1 euro past 1 year and i will continue to do so .. thx for your post and i hope that RNG jezus is on your side tonight :) pew pew!

Edited by Whisky_Tango, 23 November 2017 - 12:28 AM.

Derethim #14 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17784 battles

I don't get why people are so much against most of what OP said.

This is why we can't have nice things. No, i'm serious. Wargaming doesen't see people complain about anything important. The only whines are on premium ammo and arty, thing they will never change.

Instead of "trolling" and bashing the people, who complain, you should support even duplicate threads. It's up to mods to delete those and not trolls to turn them into huge arguments spanning many pages.

What they could finnaly assemble is a skill-based mm. The longer you wait, the less strict the mm will be up to a certain time, when it absolutely has to find you a game, that doesen't have to be balanced, otherwise it should pair reds with reds and greens with greens. And not by WN8, but WG's own personal rating, which hopefully includes damage spotted and not just uncaps, winrate and damage. And it shouldn't count damage blocked, or it should be the least important factor into skill rating.

Phobos4321 #15 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

General

• Player
  • 43392 battles

let the mods do that and wait 3 secs until someone screams "censorship" "supressing my right of free speech" etc

also why ppl are against stuff the OP wrote can be read here  mostly even rather well explained

Spurtung #16 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 66064 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 23 November 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

*Edited

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 23 November 2017 - 09:39 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

Pvt_Duffer #17 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDerethim, on 22 November 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't get why people are so much against most of what OP said.

Because the one thing I didn't mention in my post, is that if you are prepared to play, you can get for free what many other people have/chose to pay for.

It's a free game. Genuinely. a Free 2 Play game.

If you play it long enough and often enough you can win for free what people pay money for.

And it's free.

What do you expect?

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24315 battles
If you had the Russian version, the shot not only goes in but also hits ammo-rack, da comrade, da... ;)

Spurtung #19 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 66064 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 23 November 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

View PostHomer_J, on 19 November 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

1. if you dont have a folder to put stuff in ( you know like a wallet ) so there would be no possibility to have theyes stuff available to use

LOL

OreH75 #20 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48939 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 23 November 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

i wish i knew better ...you are right there is no need to spend money .I did liked the game very much few years back but the developers are making it worse to this uppdate :( i just want them to realize that what they do now is not something that they should continue with but as we all know ..its a company and they just want the money from the stupid people :) me included from the past ...i did not spend 1 euro past 1 year and i will continue to do so .. thx for your post and i hope that RNG jezus is on your side tonight :) pew pew!

"I did not spend 1 euro last year" .. sure and the premium tier 8's released last year, like the M4 Liberté, Chrysler GF and Primo Victoria magically appeared in your garage someday?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users