[Possible suggestion] Improvements to battle results window

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Battle Results window (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about the idea?

1. Good idea! (1 vote [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

2. Nah, the idea is bad, and you should feel bad. (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. I don't really care... (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

4. Too long, didn't read (1 vote [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Hide poll

mantazzo #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6321 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

First of all, I don't mind the current Battle Window, it looks nice and is pretty informative. But I feel like some improvements could be made.

Also, AFAIK Battle Results window can't be modded a lot.

So my possible suggestion would be allowing to modify Battle Results window more. Currently, AFAIK we can only change images in Battle Results window and maybe adjusting a few data fields shown (like showing actual income instead of income from battle without rearm-repair). I'd like to see this allowed more - maybe allow adjusting the layout of information, also possibility to adjust other tab info layout...

Another suggestion would be allowing to add more tabs to the window, so modders could maybe add even more stuff (like post-game map with final tank positions, dead and alive, etc.).

I know a lot of people play without mods and may not like this idea, but I'd like to see your opinions - what do you think?

Dava_117 #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Don't care too much, actually. IMO the post battle tab shows everything I need too know. For example, why would you need the map with final tank position? Wich information would it gives? WG need to implement a code that registers them, so it should have at least a strong reason supporting that request.

Edited by Dava_117, 21 November 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Emeraldweed #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10427 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
If am not mistaken long-long time ago as soon as the battle finished everyones remaining position was visible on the map for a couple of seconds

mantazzo #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6321 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

View PostDava_117, on 21 November 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Don't care too much, actually. IMO the post battle tab shows everything I need too know. For example, why would you need the map with final tank position? Wich information would it gives? WG need to implement a code that registers them, so it should have at least a strong reason supporting that request.

Post-match analysis (like, for example, where your team died, where enemies were and similar). It could be shown if you completed the game and didn't disconnect early (a.k.a. full replay). Just thought it could be a good idea for those who might want to try and improve.

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16323 battles

View Postmantazzo, on 21 November 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

First of all, I don't mind the current Battle Window, it looks nice and is pretty informative. But I feel like some improvements could be made.

Also, AFAIK Battle Results window can't be modded a lot.

So my possible suggestion would be allowing to modify Battle Results window more. Currently, AFAIK we can only change images in Battle Results window and maybe adjusting a few data fields shown (like showing actual income instead of income from battle without rearm-repair). I'd like to see this allowed more - maybe allow adjusting the layout of information, also possibility to adjust other tab info layout...

Another suggestion would be allowing to add more tabs to the window, so modders could maybe add even more stuff (like post-game map with final tank positions, dead and alive, etc.).

I know a lot of people play without mods and may not like this idea, but I'd like to see your opinions - what do you think?

Sorry, mate, I really fail to see the point. As a person who has just recently proposed a marginal improvement to the team training mode, I was really trying to get to your point, but failed

mantazzo #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6321 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

View PostTomotorqemada, on 21 November 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sorry, mate, I really fail to see the point. As a person who has just recently proposed a marginal improvement to the team training mode, I was really trying to get to your point, but failed

No problem, I understand. Like I said, it might be useful to some people to analyze where your team died (so a hot-zone, usually), where enemy team died, who survived, where they were in the end of the game (camping on the red line or maybe flanking), and next game on that map you might try and adjust to a different position to achieve a better result.

Then again, I also said I don't really mind the current window - it's good, but I thought it could be better.

Dava_117 #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmantazzo, on 21 November 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Post-match analysis (like, for example, where your team died, where enemies were and similar). It could be shown if you completed the game and didn't disconnect early (a.k.a. full replay). Just thought it could be a good idea for those who might want to try and improve.

I wouldn't say it can be usefull to get better. It is usually better to focus on your own errors than what the avarage player did. From those end position you can get to wrong conclusion.

An other good way is to read and understand the game mechanics on the wiki. This alone will gives you a huge advantage against noobs.

eldrak #8 Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47507 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

At least they should separate spotting assist and tracking assist.

Only one of them counts for MoE so the combined stat is not useful for many players.

Damage done could also be separated to total damage and damage done with assistance (combined for track spot stun)

This would make less people wonder why they got so low xp scores.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostEmeraldweed, on 21 November 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

If am not mistaken long-long time ago as soon as the battle finished everyones remaining position was visible on the map for a couple of seconds

They did, but that lasted for like 1 patch. And came and went as fast as the spam protection on the map did. 

View Postmantazzo, on 21 November 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Don't really help in a top down view if you don't know the angles. Nor will it help if you don't get basic spotting mechanics .That many new players etc still don't get. If you die in the open, would you still push it again if you knew 100% where he hit you from that one time. Or would it help more if you were told "don't push if you don't have intel or can take the hit"? If anything I would suspect it would make more players paranoid about that one bush. More so then learn to push with no intel again.

View Posteldrak, on 22 November 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

At least they should separate spotting assist and tracking assist.

Only one of them counts for MoE so the combined stat is not useful for many players.

Damage done could also be separated to total damage and damage done with assistance (combined for track spot stun)

This would make less people wonder why they got so low xp scores.

Actually, they both count for MOE's now. That was only the first patch stun was out it did not count. It was added in the next update. And if you go to the first page on the target list. It does say what you got track and what you got stun assist on. And if they had a total. I suspect most would wonder why they did not get more xp for 6K total, when 5 of it is spot assist. And we all know spot don't give to much. As then it's the combined total most would look at, vs just the assist one.

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 November 2017 - 03:45 PM.

jack_timber #10 Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Mebbe it's just me being curious, read nosey, but these ere new bonds... Sometimes get them but would like to know how many, and the amount, others get.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users