Redline snipers in top tier HTs/MTs... how about a new tutorial?

bush kempers unfair planes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

I had a game on mines south spawn and was in my T-10, I got the 3-5-7 template meaning 3 tier 10s on each team. Unfortunetely I got a top tier medium (121) that did nothing but snipe the entire game, that wouldn't have been a problem if he at least offered support, but no, all he did was park his tank at K4-K5 spot and snipe, even as the game progressed and we got pushed and I desperately needed support (G6, below the hill) he (still 100% HP at this stage) couldn't shoot anything, just kept focusing on the middle of the map. This is a guy with almost 24.000 battles and plenty of tier 10 tanks. Here is the replay (with video embedded inside) http://wotreplays.eu...e/3950026#teams

Why isn't there a tutorial in place to ask players what they prefer (brawling/sniping/flanking) that would then offer them suggestions on what tanks to play (i.e. like sitting in cover and sniping? TDs are for you). There should be a tank-specific tutorial which focuses on roles, even better, there should be progression phases where you need to complete or at least go through some tutorials when going up tiers. 

Cobra6 #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Mediums push the hill on mines or you have already lost, unless they are good players then they can do something else temporarily but eventually they need to go on the hill regardless.

I'd say a bot report for that top tier medium should suffice.

Cobra 6

superfly2000 #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77794 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

This march of nation thing is probably not helping also.

This game needs more incentive for risk-taking and teamplay, rather then incentive to from an egoistic standpoint have "good games". I mean, players are very egoistic anyway...and any events like this will only further detoriate gameplay...but who cares anymore maybe...

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22272 battles
I really wish mines had a deep lake... so I can suicide :great:

brumbarr #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 21 November 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

This march of nation thing is probably not helping also.

This game needs more incentive for risk-taking and teamplay, rather then incentive to from an egoistic standpoint have "good games". I mean, players are very egoistic anyway...and any events like this will only further detoriate gameplay...but who cares anymore maybe...

On the contrary, since the MoN takes your best battles,  all you need is some extreme results. So this infact encourages taking risks. 

Bennie182 #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53739 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
I doubt this will help, though I see the good intentions you have with it. Do you honestly think these people will even play that tutorial? Maybe they aren't even smart enough to find out there IS a new tutorial and WHERE to find it. Most bad players never show up on the forums, to learn stuff and ask questions. The only reason they come for usually is do a rant about how sh*tty the teams are etc and it's not their fault.

The guy did 3k damage, so bot reporting makes no sense. The report system will just ignore it. Unsportsmanlike conduct of couse does. I've seen enough players on the Chinese med line, having no clue on how to play them. They

View PostCobra6, on 21 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Mediums push the hill on mines or you have already lost, unless they are good players then they can do something else temporarily but eventually they need to go on the hill regardless.

Cobra 6

In a post from another topic, you said you can claim the hill later on as well and this is the way I usually try to play it. I don't want to pay a lot of hp to get up there. I'd rather support from down there or take the east side. Yeah it's depending pretty much on your team if you can win the hill later on, but so does it at the start. If you push hill and your team doesn't, you're screwed and put yourself in a very hard position. Either they kill you, or at least take a bunch of hp from you, which decreases the influence you could have on the battle later on.

LikePike #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42151 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM
Do you really think someone, who owns a Tier X tank and played 24k battles, will play the tutorial? :mellow:

Cobra6 #8 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBennie182, on 21 November 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

In a post from another topic, you said you can claim the hill later on as well and this is the way I usually try to play it. I don't want to pay a lot of hp to get up there. I'd rather support from down there or take the east side. Yeah it's depending pretty much on your team if you can win the hill later on, but so does it at the start. If you push hill and your team doesn't, you're screwed and put yourself in a very hard position. Either they kill you, or at least take a bunch of hp from you, which decreases the influence you could have on the battle later on.

It really depends on the line-up though, if my team has more mediums they *need* to take the hill, it's mostly just a matter of numbers and one guy will always catch all the shots, but sacrifices have to be made by everyone. Some matches that guy is me, other matches it is not.

If the enemy team has more mediums I generally do push partially up the hill and try to do as much damage, early damage on the hill-goers frequently wins the later part of the match.

Whether or not I go on the hill or not however I am always on the entrance to the hill at the start.

Cobra 6

superfly2000 #9 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77794 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

View Postbrumbarr, on 21 November 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

On the contrary, since the MoN takes your best battles,  all you need is some extreme results. So this infact encourages taking risks.

Oh ok...that makes sense perhaps....so players are just plain bad then I guess.....

tajj7 #10 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The guy is just a bad player, a tutorial is not going to make him any better.  He is not some sort of damage farmer, his wn8 is 848 and he is barely better than than that recently so he is not improving either.

The only tier 10 he is not poor in is the Type 5 heavy (surprise surprise).

People who do tutorials, are people who are looking to learn how to play the game and improve. Someone who has 24k battles and still barely does 1200 - 1500 damage in his tier 10s with WRs around 45% - 46%, and has a recent WR of 46% is beyond a tutorial and beyond help.

Players like that have no awareness of how bad they are, I doubt even if it was pointed out to them that hiding on the red line in a top tier medium is not a very good idea he'd take that criticism on board, more likely he'd just call you a noob and then make up some excuse about the team as to why the game was lost.

Players like that and a huge proportion of players in the game can basically only do two things - camp or yolo.

Awareness, positioning, support play, helping team mates etc. these are alien concepts to plays like that, you'd probably have more chance of explaining complex physics to them. 

Hence why WG pander to them, they get tanks like the Maus and Type 5 to yolo in that are absurdly forgiving and they get given tanks like the Swedish TDs, and Op base camping spots (like those ridges on Mines) to camp with. But obviously they are free to chose tanks that will suffer and contribute less to the game when playing like that.

You can't force players to learn how to play, you can give them the tools, guides, videos, tutorials etc. but people who seek these out are not really the players that need the help.

The other players will be convinced they are doing the right thing and will blame their failures and the team losing on bad teammates, bad luck, hacks etc. 

I don't think these players can be reached. It's DK. Players like that 121 probably think they are good at the game. 

komunistu33 #11 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostCobra6, on 21 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Cobra 6

South spawn is at a disadvantage from the get-go. You can still win with campers if you proxy-spot middle and get support if the enemy pushes in from around the hill. Our chances would have been higher had that 121 not camped all game and maybe shot the IS-3 or the guys rushing me. 

View PostBennie182, on 21 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

I doubt this will help, though I see the good intentions you have with it. Do you honestly think these people will even play that tutorial? Maybe they aren't even smart enough to find out there IS a new tutorial and WHERE to find it. Most bad players never show up on the forums, to learn stuff and ask questions. The only reason they come for usually is do a rant about how sh*tty the teams are etc and it's not their fault.

The guy did 3k damage, so bot reporting makes no sense. The report system will just ignore it. Unsportsmanlike conduct of couse does. I've seen enough players on the Chinese med line, having no clue on how to play them. They

View PostLikePike, on 21 November 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Do you really think someone, who owns a Tier X tank and played 24k battles, will play the tutorial? :mellow:

Make it a mini PVE campaign with rewards for those that complete it. Give players a discount on buying their first tier 5/8/10 if they complete that mini campaign with honors. Hell, give them 100% discount and 100% crew on their purchase if they end up the campaign with 100/100 points. 

Cobra6 #12 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkomunistu33, on 21 November 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

South spawn is at a disadvantage from the get-go. You can still win with campers if you proxy-spot middle and get support if the enemy pushes in from around the hill. Our chances would have been higher had that 121 not camped all game and maybe shot the IS-3 or the guys rushing me.

Yeah I've heard that more often but I can honestly say that in the matches I play I never felt that one side is faster on the hill. Usually that comes down to one team having super fast mediums while the others have slower ones.

I don't feel it's unbalanced in that respect if I'm honest, the only unbalanced part in my opinion is that one side gets a nice rock on the opposit side of the hill entrance where they can shoot everyone going up from absolute safety while the other side does not get this position. The one where you can reverse off the hill into the water if the enemy does take the hill, the other side does not have a position like that really. They have the rock in the middle but once the enemy is on the hill, you are screwed there.

Cobra 6

LCpl_Jones #13 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9775 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCobra6, on 21 November 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

....., the only unbalanced part in my opinion is that one side gets a nice rock on the opposit side of the hill entrance .......

top farming spot that one  :trollface:

Jigabachi #14 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

This game should have had proper tutorials from the start. Now it's pretty much too late. But even if we got the best tutorials you could imagine, they wouldn't help those kinds of players.

Those specimen are completely beyond help and lack everything that would allow them to actually learn something.

Edited by Jigabachi, 21 November 2017 - 07:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users