Detailed replay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Cabo_ose #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25007 battles

I want to say this from begging that I post this in off topic to see how many want the same thing, also, I do not have any clue where to post it. So:

I would love to see a more detailed replay of our battles. Just a second ago I was spotted in a bush, no proxi spot, cause snipey map. So I want to understand why. Where was the "enemy" when I was spotted? Now I can only imagine that he was in other side of the map and he has everything maxed out, but it isn't the case, he was somewhere. This can be don very easy, because, people that code that stuff can write this code in days. Free cam, jumping from player to player with all the details on, or what he can see.

I really expect some ideas, and if this can be supported by many players, maybe in 10 months we can have a healthy replay system where we can understand some stuff, and even if we do understand, because I know that are some trolls on forum that they know everything and how to send rockets too moon is very mundane for then, maybe the plebs and those youtubers that make content can have some gains from here. Let's roll!

Homer_J #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

To have that client side your client would need to know all these things, which opens up a world of cheats.  It would also increase traffic between client and server, which would have an associated cost and or possibly increase lag.

There was talk of server side replays a while ago but nothing came of it.

A third option would be a server side replay which your client only downloads after the battle but the network overheads would be too costly.

Edited by Homer_J, 21 November 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Cabo_ose #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25007 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

To have that client side your client would need to know all these things, which opens up a world of cheats.  It would also increase traffic between client and server, which would have an associated cost and or possibly increase lag.

There was talk of server side replays a while ago but nothing came of it.

A third option would be a server side replay which your client only downloads after the battle but the network overheads would be too costly.

I take you word for that, since having that can lead to a world of cheats. I have researched the cheats in WoT I only can say this: wanga, manda (open only Friday), tundra, lasers, arty hits at 90 degrees, warpack. We have stuff that work on the client side, and that 90 degree arty, not sure if that would even should have been possible (since all server side sh*t), but worked. So this WG style "we are afraid of cheating" but aimbot is at his home here is not for me. They can implement at the very first start of the game a check on files, it takes 2 minutes at top, and if something they can see it. But I am very sure that all can benefit from a 100% replay.

Homer_J #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCabo_ose, on 21 November 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

They can implement at the very first start of the game a check on files, it takes 2 minutes at top,

If it was that easy then other games would have done it.

Punkbuster couldn't, VAC couldn't, I've yet to see an anti cheat system that does more than inconvenience legitimate players.

If you start deliberately feeding unspotted enemy positions to clients then warpack will be insignificant.  You won't need to see destroyed scenery because you will be able to see the enemy tanks and every move they make right from the start.

Cabo_ose #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25007 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 November 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

If it was that easy then other games would have done it.

Punkbuster couldn't, VAC couldn't, I've yet to see an anti cheat system that does more than inconvenience legitimate players.

If you start deliberately feeding unspotted enemy positions to clients then warpack will be insignificant.  You won't need to see destroyed scenery because you will be able to see the enemy tanks and every move they make right from the start.

But that is when the battle is over, not feeding anything. I do understand that the blobs that make cheats are more resourceful, but I do not understand how after a battle is over you flood them information, except what it was in the past. So then, after what was, they start to crunch the data and point on map where one player can be expected? That can be done, unless, WG checks from time to time the files, because in this moment even the cheats goes in mod file. Ok if not that, there is an exe that is pulling data from game client, that can be seen. Everything is how do you program your client, here are no ambiguities.

Homer_J #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCabo_ose, on 21 November 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

But that is when the battle is over, not feeding anything. 

So after every battle you want to send every client double or more the information they received during the battle and you can't see that would have an impact on the servers?

Server side replays are the only way, downloaded on request.  But then that has a storage impact on WG's side which they may not want to pay for considering the very few people who would be interested.

Cabo_ose #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25007 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 November 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

So after every battle you want to send every client double or more the information they received during the battle and you can't see that would have an impact on the servers?

Server side replays are the only way, downloaded on request.  But then that has a storage impact on WG's side which they may not want to pay for considering the very few people who would be interested.

Only if they request the information, and yes, this can cost WG money (if is server side (even 30k players x 20 battles each nigh x 29 days or more, can require some power), but since I do not see any numbers from WG, like how many money they do, I still request this). Andhow the War Thunder is doing this? {And please whoever is the mod, or bot, or Jesus just f* off and let us discuss a technical stuff here} They have a nicer replay system  and I do not see them fighting over cheats, try to find a mod/cheat/whatever for zoom and you will have nothing. So you are doomed to shoot at 2 pixels for the rest of your life. How can they do it and "we" can not? Also, let us not forget, here aimbot is like second nature, never countered.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users