Aimbot question

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

ChestyMorgan #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7589 battles

How prevalent in this game do you reckon people using aimbots is? Have been the victim tonight of quite a few split second accurate shots that I am finding hard to believe are not people cheating.

A quick search on Google has led to Autoaim by SAE that has supposedly been downloaded over 100K times.

Is this likely to be what I am up against when someone crests a hill or pops out of cover & hits me instantly? Checked some of their ratings after the game & none of the players that did it had great stats which made it harder to believe.

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

How prevalent in this game do you reckon people using aimbots is? Have been the victim tonight of quite a few split second accurate shots that I am finding hard to believe are not people cheating.

A quick search on Google has led to Autoaim by SAE that has supposedly been downloaded over 100K times.

Is this likely to be what I am up against when someone crests a hill or pops out of cover & hits me instantly? Checked some of their ratings after the game & none of the players that did it had great stats which made it harder to believe.

No one knows how prevalent it is.

The only thing I know is that it doesn't give an advantage anyway, so I don't care about aimbot usage.

HugSeal #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

Probably far less than you seem to suspet although no real numbes are availible. And popping out of cover shooting someone instantly isn't hard. You aim isn't what gives you your stats, what you aim at from where is what helps.

The manual dexterity required to play WoT is really low

stokescj #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8009 battles
I think its way less common than people think. The amount of times I have had people write to me after a battle saying not very nice things and how I must be using an aim bot, when in reality it was just good rng or good aim...

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
No idea, but I would guess that 99% of the players that acuse others of using aimbots are, you guessed it, srettihs.

250swb #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22927 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Did your search also come up with 'Snap Shot' skill for the gunner? An experience player and a skilled crew can be mistaken for a cheater if you only want to believe somebody is cheating.

ChestyMorgan #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7589 battles

Just seems to be happening too often tonight. Being killed by a snap shot every so often fair enough, hell even I can manage the odd shot, but based on tonight, just wondering whether some new aim bot had suddenly become popular to explain it?

It's a crap nights gaming all round admittedly. So many one sided battles.

View Post250swb, on 21 November 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

Did your search also come up with 'Snap Shot' skill for the gunner? An experience player and a skilled crew can be mistaken for a cheater if you only want to believe somebody is cheating.

Question of that I have always gone for one for hitting critical modules ahead of this. Wrong order?

Edited by Daxeno, 22 November 2017 - 02:32 PM.

Coldspell #8 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19487 battles

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Just seems to be happening too often tonight. Being killed by a snap shot every so often fair enough, hell even I can manage the odd shot, but based on tonight, just wondering whether some new aim bot had suddenly become popular to explain it?

Observation Bias.

Even if 90% of the player base were using aimbots it wouldn't make much of a difference because 90% of the playerbase are tomatoes.

You see an aimbot will never.... avoid pen rng, avoid reticle rng, avoid damage rng, teach situational awareness, teach map positioning, teach basic driving ability or teach players how the spotting system works (which accounts for about 99.9% of all hacking claims in this game).

Schmeksiman #9 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16323 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

Aimbot does not influence accuracy or snap shots.

I'll say it again, in two and a half years reviewing replays for Best Replays of the Week I've seen 10 cases of aimbot at most. And I get roughly 200 replays per week.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22806 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

If you were selling a form of cheat......would you tell everyone that 10,000 have downloaded it......or would you tell everyone that 100,000 have downloaded it.

Would you cheat with the advertised number of downloaders to encourage other to open their wallets?

Homer_J #11 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Just seems to be happening too often tonight. Being killed by a snap shot every so often fair enough,

Aimbot can't change your aimtime, it can't change your dispersion on moving, all it can do is aim, and anyone can do that with as much accuracy as you need for a snapshot (with their eyes closed).

It's luck, that's all.  Point your gun in roughly the right direction and pray to RNG.

w00lfie #12 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52400 battles

its not that aim bot is used its the aim time that you get shot at is the best question to ask 

how often have you com round a corner and 3 tanks have shot you before you get  a bead on one ??

I have been shot so often like that ?

eg spotted hide for around 10 s or wait till other tanks have disappear  from sight move very slowly  and boom dead in less than a second from going around object 

it happens to often and to quickly  even in  my well camoed  pz 

BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22806 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postw00lfie, on 21 November 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

how often have you com round a corner and 3 tanks have shot you before you get  a bead on one ??

Yeah....pre-aiming corners is fun....always someone gonna run into those guns.(hardly rocket science)

K_A #14 Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Also take into account, any site that promotes cheat mods or anything is bound to bolster their download figures, and just within this patch we've had like 5 micro patches all breaking mods and requiring them to be re-downloaded or at the very least moved to the correct folder, so 100k+ downloads can mean 100k downloads this patch, OR 100k downloads during the past 7 patches all with their separate micro patches meaning it was really 5k players downloading the same mod 20 times over for each update and micro patch. We don't know.

Edited by K_A, 22 November 2017 - 12:56 AM.

brisha #15 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Oh boy such denial, have any of you actually seen an aimbot put to good use, they are devastating in the right hands. But then again only tomatoes use them right?

HugSeal #16 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View Postbrisha, on 22 November 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

have any of you actually seen an aimbot put to good use

No, I have seen aimbots though.

But then again, I have a fully functioning right arm.

Pvt_Duffer #17 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postw00lfie, on 21 November 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

its not that aim bot is used its the aim time that you get shot at is the best question to ask 

eg spotted hide for around 10 s or wait till other tanks have disappear  from sight move very slowly  and boom dead in less than a second from going around object 

it happens to often and to quickly  even in  my well camoed  pz 

Thank the new vision system ,otherwise what you describe is called over-extending.

It's very good for XVM camo if you know how to exploit it.

Spurtung #18 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64665 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostChestyMorgan, on 21 November 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Question of that I have always gone for one for hitting critical modules ahead of this. Wrong order?

Definitely.

SuperOlsson #19 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21202 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

Also mind that whenever a dev looks at the game, mods tend to stop working and you have to re-download a fixed version, happens or at least used to happen 2-3 times per month.

JocMeister #20 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23580 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

During 16k battles I have met 2 people that I suspect might have been using an aimbot.

From what I have seen in videos its more a hindrance than help unless you are hopelessly bad at aiming. Thats why I think its more commonly used by really bad players. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users