why do tanker lemming to same place every map

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

w00lfie #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51836 battles

please can you tell me why  tankers lemming to the same place, is it  just be cause the other side will lemming to the same spot.

and you might do more damage rather than try to win the battle ?????????? 

and don't say  its because of arty,  arty, has been nerfted out of the game ad as tankers lemming they normaly die in about 3 mins because of no support 

Homer_J #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Because some yootoober told them to.

Slyspy #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Because sometimes there are positions worth rushing?

qpranger #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP, because they are utter idiots who never learn.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles
Because sheep will all go to the same place. It's psychology of the herd. 

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

You can't stop it so best thing to do, map pending, is be at the back of that meet shield and kill as many enemy players amidst the slaughter. Problem isn't so much the flock of sheep rushing forwards it's when they all stop just like dumb sheep when they encounter 1 or 2 enemies they can clearly overrun and remain there, just like dumb sheep, until the rest of the enemy team come across, unseen obviously, since there is no-one else on the other side, and just chop em all down like dumb beasts deserve.

You'd imagine this happening enough times would suggest maybe go watch a few YouTube tutorials on how to actually play this f***ing game since they obviously play this game a lot so would think might enjoy not being a total bellend for every battle but no, you get players that "play4fun" apparently that just like to drag everyone down with a compete ineptitude the likes of which would insult a tier1 battle let alone a tierX... strange attitude really since my version of "play4fun" is doing well and winning.. horses for courses I suppose.. or in this case, sheep for courses  

Anthony_1972 #7 Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7480 battles

In most cases, the maps simply don't allow any other gameplay.   

Typically, there is ONE (1) heavy tanker zone, that is out of arty reach.   Obviously, that is where HT's go.   If they go anywhere else, they get spotted, and taken out quickly by either TD's or Arty.  

Same for MTs....  There typically is one MT zone.  Try to do something novel, and you get fucked by the map design, and are dead in one minute.

Many maps are really horrible in this respect.   Others allows somewhat more freedom...

Codename_Jelly #8 Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles
Been seeing this a LOT lately and you are better off sticking with the pack and trying to spot anything that follows behind and just hope the window lickers have their maps open so they can see the red dots coming from behind them.

_EXODUZ_ #9 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I see a lot of lemming trains, but going to the same place? No, I wouldn't say so.

Spurtung #10 Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61581 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

_Bundesheer_ #11 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29505 battles
Just two words: Lakeville and valley, especially with encounter battles.

Those braindead f***[edited]should be permabanned.

ramram70 #12 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8159 battles
Sometimes when I'm rushing to some specific spot I look behind me and notice no one's coming with me. Then I usually turn around and join the others or go somewhere near the others because if I don't I tend to die quickly and alone. I don't see lemming trains very often though.

Phobos4321 #13 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

General

• Player
  • 43087 battles

i cant really say  lemmings go always to the same spot

for most maps it would be possible to go left, right and middle  thought middle is hardly choosen still im not able to predict if the lemming train will go left or right  and in the consequence end up on differnt spots

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20465 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Birds of a feather flock together.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles
Lemming train is fine provided it keeps going and stomps that flank. Unfortunately what usually happens is an enemy tank appears and everything grinds to a halt as everyone dives for cover behind the nearest rock.

Cobra6 #16 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Every map has 2-3 key positions that need to be taken and held if you want to even remotely stand a chance of winning, that is why people go to those locations.

That being said, it's not always the right tanks going to the right location but hey, can't have it all.

================

Take for example Himmelsdorf:

-Fast tanks (light/medium/heavy) need to go hill.

-Heavy slow armour goes banana and middle.

-TD's and some fast tanks go railroad side.

If any of these locations are not taken you give the enemy a free pass to surround your team and have a much easier chance of winning.

Cobra 6

Henschel_131 #17 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 811 battles

Drive in the lemming train and when it grinds to a halt push up and keep moving, often enough all the train needs is someone to go first and risk the hit. It’s one of the reasons I do well in heavies, I’m prepared to take a hit and lead the charge.

Even if you don’t have much armour may still work if you know good routes and the enemy is distracted shooting at teammates.

And if all else fails cover the back/base, just don’t go off alone and die trying to hold a flank solo, it can’t be done and is a waste of your tank.

cragarion #18 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42900 battles

View Postw00lfie, on 21 November 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

please can you tell me why  tankers lemming to the same place, is it  just be cause the other side will lemming to the same spot.

and you might do more damage rather than try to win the battle ?????????? 

and don't say  its because of arty,  arty, has been nerfted out of the game ad as tankers lemming they normaly die in about 3 mins because of no support 

i would tell you but then i would get banned,

lemming trains have FAILED 99% of the time for 7 years but they still try them,

so think of names you could call the people who keep trying something that's FAILED 99% of the time for 7 years and you have your answer,

And yes i know lemming trains do work if you don't stop, 

HOWEVER they nearly ALWAYS STOP at the first red dot on the map THEY STOP you can have 14 heavies lemming training and if they spot a scout they ALL STOP,

then they get wiped out by half the enemy team without doing anything, while the one tank left at the other side of the map holds of the other half of the enemy team killing most of them before being killed by the tanks that wiped out the lemmings and came up behind him.

Edited by cragarion, 22 November 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Martijn_mk2 #19 Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles

View PostCobra6, on 22 November 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

Every map has 2-3 key positions that need to be taken and held if you want to even remotely stand a chance of winning, that is why people go to those locations.

That being said, it's not always the right tanks going to the right location but hey, can't have it all.

================

Take for example Himmelsdorf:

-Fast tanks (light/medium/heavy) need to go hill.

-Heavy slow armour goes banana and middle.

-TD's and some fast tanks go railroad side.

If any of these locations are not taken you give the enemy a free pass to surround your team and have a much easier chance of winning.

Cobra 6

Noo no no, just listen to qpranger.

Its because they are utter idiots who never learn, duhhh.

RandomBlank #20 Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10346 battles

If the team splits in roughly equal proportions between possible routes, then it's alright. Pick any you like.

But if you see only 1-2 tanks picking one of the routes, they will be overrun and killed before they can do anything - that side is already lost. Your victory chance is slim, but the game can still be saved.

No, joining the lone errant knights won't help a bit - you'll die uselessly.  What you need is a successful RUSH. The side where everyone went can't stop, getting muddled poking at the enemies and trying to snipe distant campers. As soon as the other half of enemies deals with the unfortunate errant knights, it will roll onto your [edited]and finish you off - so you need to hurry so that they can't take on you like that, and so that you can retaliate and attack in strength, or possibly cap them out. Your team must steamroll over the defenses of the side they picked - kill all enemies that went there QUICK, even taking losses - and so, knowing what needs to be done, you should lead the assault. Flank, spot, distract, yolo, generally push the front fast. If you take over their cap area, you should be able to win this - either by killing off the enemies who now will be stretched thin in the pursuit over terrain with weak cover instead of taking strongly defensible positions, or by capping,

Of course I'd say your chances of success are some 30%, as both you may take too much losses on the rush and get wiped out when the other flank catches up, you may get killed in the rush if the enemies defend too well, you may still get stopped and the enemy will drive onto your back, or the smart enemy will cap you out before you can cap them. But if you don't quickly win the one flank where everyone went, your chances are about 2-3% (in case enemy was equally stupid and did exactly the same.)

Edited by RandomBlank, 22 November 2017 - 12:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users