Jump to content


the legendary E-75

E-75 legendary armour boomstick

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22687 battles
  • 1,003
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

so, I finally got one of the tanks that has always amazed me, the E-75.

when I first started playing tier VII, whenever I encountered theese things, they were a nighmare for me, it's gun hits hard, the armour is quite hard, and overall the mobility on it is incredible.

 

This for me, other than the tier X obj 140(which I'll do a new post for it) was a legendary tank.

Most things I've heard about the E-75 is that is now mroe of a brawler, rather than a heavy support. The lower place if unangled is easy to pen, the ret is quite hard to pen, and that it is suprisingly mobile for it's size.

 

for research, I thought that tracks-ret-engine-gun would be ok.

 

I'll gladly accept any advice you give me. replays will come soon as I haven't taken it out yet.

spoilers below of my crew setup(PS: it's not good, I'm aware, but I started that crew with the tier VII) and advice for equipment(I have 1.5M credits to spend if necesary)

Spoiler

Spoiler

 

 

cheers!



Evilier_than_Skeletor #2 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18300 battles
  • 545
  • [TSOP] TSOP
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016
Sidescrape the ish out of it and if someone's staring right back at you, they're probably aiming for the flat turret face and wiggling a bit might be a good idea. Rammer, Vstab and vents should do it. I think I went with turret -> engine -> tracks -> gun with the help of the suspension equipment.

TheOneAboveAII #3 Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16321 battles
  • 488
  • [QSF] QSF
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
I just hope you will not be part of my list "the 99,99%".

shane73tank #4 Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29006 battles
  • 2,036
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014

I remember not enjoying it while grinding but hey that is the hell of all tier 9 tanks, elited this is a great tank, use torsion bars to mount the gun early , turret makes quite a difference, good news is there is lots of good advice in the vehicles section of this forum 

 

dont be a spanner and give give out about this tank before fully elited



Celution #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 26371 battles
  • 1,683
  • Member since:
    09-26-2010
I'm just wondering how your E 75 crew only has 2 crew skills and no sixth sense..

cragarion #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44612 battles
  • 2,846
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 November 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

so, I finally got one of the tanks that has always amazed me, the E-75.

when I first started playing tier VII, whenever I encountered theese things, they were a nighmare for me, it's gun hits hard, the armour is quite hard, and overall the mobility on it is incredible.

 

This for me, other than the tier X obj 140(which I'll do a new post for it) was a legendary tank.

Most things I've heard about the E-75 is that is now mroe of a brawler, rather than a heavy support. The lower place if unangled is easy to pen, the ret is quite hard to pen, and that it is suprisingly mobile for it's size.

 

for research, I thought that tracks-ret-engine-gun would be ok.

 

I'll gladly accept any advice you give me. replays will come soon as I haven't taken it out yet.

spoilers below of my crew setup(PS: it's not good, I'm aware, but I started that crew with the tier VII) and advice for equipment(I have 1.5M credits to spend if necesary)

Spoiler

Spoiler

 

 

cheers!

 

If you like the E75 now you should have seen it before it was nerfed.

Celution #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 26371 battles
  • 1,683
  • Member since:
    09-26-2010

View Postcragarion, on 23 November 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

 

If you like the E75 now you should have seen it before it was nerfed.

 

The only thing nerfed on the E 75 as far as I recall was the removal of the Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine, which had 1200 hp. However, it also had much worse terrain resistances and a slower top speed (30 kmph instead of 40), and the grind was made a lot easier by removing some engines. The current E 75 actually traverses way quicker, besides that it has a higher top speed. The only true difference is the agility, since the power-to-weight was reduced, meaning that climing hills is vastly slower.

 

Another thing is that the gun is actually a lot better than it ever was, with a much faster aiming time and better dispersion values. One could argue that the armour has lost its edge since the competition has become a lot better, with a large portion of tanks featuring ultra-high penetration guns, or having over-buffed armour profiles.



samuelx43a #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22687 battles
  • 1,003
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostCelution, on 23 November 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

I'm just wondering how your E 75 crew only has 2 crew skills and no sixth sense..

 

yeah, that was a hickup, I had the tiger I some time ago, but I had to kick out the original crew due to me not having enough barrack space, which is why it has no 6th sense, thinking that I'd get it by the time I unlocked the E 75

Derethim #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17775 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

This thing is a nightmare for me to see as well. The small weakspots on the turret are hard to target and most people sidescrape with it.

Plus the gun is amazing.. a beast. But not an OP tank :justwait:


Edited by Derethim, 23 November 2017 - 12:41 AM.


_EXODUZ_ #10 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35459 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

View Postsamuelx43a, on 23 November 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

 

yeah, that was a hickup, I had the tiger I some time ago, but I had to kick out the original crew due to me not having enough barrack space, which is why it has no 6th sense, thinking that I'd get it by the time I unlocked the E 75

 

It's nice of you to ask advice. I think I missed your previous thread where you posted replays, was kinda busy at that time, I usually like to watch em when someone wants to improve.

First of all, you need to retrain your crew with credits.

BIA is nice, but 6th sense is a must. Do the following:

Commander: SS, BIA

Rest: BIA, repairs

It's not the most optimal way, but a cheap one. You won't have BIA working for a while but it won't be like this for long, maybe 30 battles or so. Make sure you play with crew experience boost running, it should help a lot.

Quote me when you post replays, I'll have a look.



Aikl #11 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26040 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Save some credits for spamming gold. Oh, and it's slow as pitch tar until you get that engine. Almost so slow that the gun can wait. Almost. 105 with APCR at least has decent DPM.

Phobos4321 #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43360 battles
  • 8,550
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

a come on   retrain the crew its just 2nd skill at almost 80% so he just might stick around the few battles to level the crew without retraining

 

sixth sense is nice to have but by no means a must have  since you could pretty much die even in that 3 second delay

alarm goes out but are you really unspotted ?  if you keep being spotted your alarm wont go of again providing a false sense of security

 

also getting bia for the rest of the crew as first skill wont really help if the skill just start working when all crewmembers got it at 100%

and you might even argue if repairs would be more important than smooth ride or similar usefull skills



SuperOlsson #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21345 battles
  • 934
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012

Basically point your turret to the next tank that is going to shoot, while driving back and forth with your hull angled sideways, preferably with lower front plate behind a wall or some rock, this makes it harder to hit your flat front or the cupola. Mind that turret sides are not E-100 strong, so you should not angle it as much as the hull.

 

Edit: Also, preapare to get goldspammed on the second shot people shoot, sometimes even the first.


Edited by SuperOlsson, 23 November 2017 - 07:07 AM.


ederfe #14 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15389 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    01-13-2015

View PostPhobos4321, on 23 November 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

a come on   retrain the crew its just 2nd skill at almost 80% so he just might stick around the few battles to level the crew without retraining

Not taking a stand in the retrain or don't but quite a few battles are actually needed to get that 6th sense going. Second skill from 80% to 100% takes ~250000 exp. 



uglycousin #15 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 46341 battles
  • 3,898
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 November 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

so, I finally got one of the tanks that has always amazed me, the E-75.

when I first started playing tier VII, whenever I encountered theese things, they were a nighmare for me, it's gun hits hard, the armour is quite hard, and overall the mobility on it is incredible.

 

This for me, other than the tier X obj 140(which I'll do a new post for it) was a legendary tank.

Most things I've heard about the E-75 is that is now mroe of a brawler, rather than a heavy support. The lower place if unangled is easy to pen, the ret is quite hard to pen, and that it is suprisingly mobile for it's size.

 

for research, I thought that tracks-ret-engine-gun would be ok.

 

I'll gladly accept any advice you give me. replays will come soon as I haven't taken it out yet.

spoilers below of my crew setup(PS: it's not good, I'm aware, but I started that crew with the tier VII) and advice for equipment(I have 1.5M credits to spend if necesary)

Spoiler

Spoiler

 

 

cheers!

 

 

My dear clan mate, your dinger ammo is dangerously low. You will meet a lot of mauses and godzilla tanks and you will not be always able to flank them or retreat. Keep your regular / premium ammo on a 50 / 50 ratio just to be safe. And keep it like that even after you upgrade to the top gun.

 

Get that 6th sense ASAP on your commander, and repairs on the rest of your crew. I like to have the gun-handling skills on my driver and gunner as well, and from there on it is your preference and a lot of people gave you good advice in the above posts.

 

E75 is still a great tank, have fun and enjoy your grind. :great:



cragarion #16 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44612 battles
  • 2,846
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostCelution, on 23 November 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

The only thing nerfed on the E 75 as far as I recall was the removal of the Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine, which had 1200 hp. However, it also had much worse terrain resistances and a slower top speed (30 kmph instead of 40), and the grind was made a lot easier by removing some engines. The current E 75 actually traverses way quicker, besides that it has a higher top speed. The only true difference is the agility, since the power-to-weight was reduced, meaning that climing hills is vastly slower.

 

Another thing is that the gun is actually a lot better than it ever was, with a much faster aiming time and better dispersion values. One could argue that the armour has lost its edge since the competition has become a lot better, with a large portion of tanks featuring ultra-high penetration guns, or having over-buffed armour profiles.

 

Nope nerfed the armor as well front plate lost 25mm effective armor forget what else they did at the mo trying to remember may google it.

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27815 battles
  • 2,468
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View Postsamuelx43a, on 22 November 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

so, I finally got one of the tanks that has always amazed me, the E-75.

when I first started playing tier VII, whenever I encountered theese things, they were a nighmare for me, it's gun hits hard, the armour is quite hard, and overall the mobility on it is incredible.

 

This for me, other than the tier X obj 140(which I'll do a new post for it) was a legendary tank.

Most things I've heard about the E-75 is that is now mroe of a brawler, rather than a heavy support. The lower place if unangled is easy to pen, the ret is quite hard to pen, and that it is suprisingly mobile for it's size.

 

for research, I thought that tracks-ret-engine-gun would be ok.

 

I'll gladly accept any advice you give me. replays will come soon as I haven't taken it out yet.

spoilers below of my crew setup(PS: it's not good, I'm aware, but I started that crew with the tier VII) and advice for equipment(I have 1.5M credits to spend if necesary)

Spoiler

Spoiler

 

 

cheers!

 

it's a good tank, but not OP.

I have to relativize what you said however, it's not that mobile - you will be able to keep up with other heavies of the same tier, that's about it. it's not fast enough to pre-empt places that an IS-7 can go to, for example.

and the cupola gets sniped by everyone at med and close range. it's less a shell magnet than the VK45.02B's cupola but you will still take an awful lot of damage if you brawl.

annoyingly the E75's turret has a flat front, so HEAT shooting wallet warriors will blow it to pieces, and the turret can't be angled too much because the turret sides aren't strong enough. and if you angle it, the HEAT monkeys will shoot the turret side anyway.


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 23 November 2017 - 11:36 AM.


Dava_117 #18 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20284 battles
  • 3,657
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Just a small tip. Sidescrape carefully against low profile 122mm+ guns.The armour just above the tracks is 40mm thick. It's hard to take aim, but if you are on an higher position, it can became an easy weackspot. Killed countless E75 using this weackspot in ST-I. :)

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21008 battles
  • 6,442
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostCelution, on 23 November 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

The current E 75 actually traverses way quicker, besides that it has a higher top speed. The only true difference is the agility, since the power-to-weight was reduced, meaning that climing hills is vastly slower.

 

E75 doesn't traverse faster, WG just buffed the traverse because the top engine was removed. The traverse is the same as before with the 1200hp engine.

 

The same applies to turret traverse.



luumu #20 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 42598 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011
Brave choice to go with 2 perks at start. Did that myself with Ferdinand back in the day. Toolbox would be usefull since you dont have any repair. When you get 3rd skills open, get repairs for atleast 4 crew members. No point resetting now, since you are almost halfway on 3rd skill.

Next time equipment are on sale, get vert.stab and toolbox. At somepoint on the future change toolbox to vents or optics.

Edited by luumu, 23 November 2017 - 01:08 PM.






Also tagged with E-75, legendary, armour, boomstick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users