premium tanks premium time

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

uglycousin #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42526 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I just saw THIS (geezus frack, that bundle is scary AF. You can buy a shiteload of games from steam for that amount of $$$, and trust me guys: you don't really need more than 3 or 4 tier VIII premium tanks in order to grind credits.) and it got me thinking... I own most of the tanks on that list. Like, damn. :D

Over the course of playing this game I have spent a lot of money ( in small amounts each month, not all at once like in that scary AF bundle ).

In my first year of playing I was a completely free player, did not even have premium rounds loaded in my tanks. Was as red as a bot stats wise and still learning the game. I started small, with a tier 4 premium tank, because I wanted to support this game that I still love. Then, add a well paying job for a while, some depression and drunk purchases and I've become a collector. In the last half year or so I have stopped spending money because I do not agree with the direction this game is going and I find this a bit more effective than just boycotting some decent game modes (some of you know what I mean).

I still have some premium time going from various contests, ingame events, and past deals ( some of you should know WoWp has really good deals on premium time or premium time + gold that carries over to WoT as it is a shared account ) and I am no longer interested in investing more $$$. I think I gave the devs enough. I don't regret it, don't get me wrong ( should have bought bitcoins tho' ).

Moving on, what are you guys? Completely free to play players? Wallet warriors? Or a mix of the two?

Write your thoughts here, and sorry, no giveaway this time. Maybe I will get my hands on some codes again at one point. :P

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9950 battles

WTF!

thats a lot of useless pixels combined :ohmy:

Edit:

I love how they made it 1 per account, to avoid players getting a too good (LMFAO) deal when buying 900 euro worth of gold.

Would be interesting to see how much gold that will be for you uglycousin ;)

With respect to your question, I have 2 prem tanks for credit grinding and some left over gold for camo's. Not intending to spend more because it doesn't increase the fun I have with playing the game. I like slowly grinding various lines.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 23 November 2017 - 10:05 AM.

Chute #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5916 battles
  • [WALET] WALET
no comment

The_Georgian_One #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33735 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
I've spent more than enough. Nowadays I'm only buying a day of premium once in a while (mostly when I need to grind credits), but otherwise I try not to spend money on this game anymore. I take full advantage of all in-game events instead.

Dragonlordcv #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23966 battles
Complete BS bundle there are better ways to spend that kind of money and certainly WG is not one of them ! If anyone will do it will have lots of crying later due to the reality of MM and great innovations of Balance department and wise developers. Its a Waste your money idiots bundle made by WG fraud department.

Wannabe_Knispel #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48052 battles
  • [BADFI] BADFI
Too bad it's limited to once per account...:trollface:

uglycousin #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42526 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostWannabe_Knispel, on 23 November 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

Too bad it's limited to once per account...:trollface:

Lol, could you imagine buying that twice?

Jumping_Turtle #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 58563 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postuglycousin, on 23 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

I own most of the tanks on that list

Same here. Guess I miss about 5 or 6 of them ......

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 23 November 2017 - 10:06 AM.

UrQuan #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Darn, what an insane package. 

For me, I hardly spent a thing on the game, till I got my first T8, celeberated it by buying a T8 prem (T34) & proceed to be the living example of the noob in his prem T8. I got better, spended alot more tought on my WoT purchases since then, mainly investing in premium tanks for crewtraining & fun.

Then since a year or two, I decided to keep a premium account running (some year offers are cheap, if you play it regularly imo; keep an eye out for m on the various WG wargames)

But imo, not enjoying the current course WG has laid out for the game. Kept hopes for a long time that it would change back, but I realized this is the new path WG wants to take. 

Giving them time till my prem account runs out (still over a year, due to a very good offer a few months back that I wanted to take advantage of) If the current MM is still there by then & they continue to wreck havoc on tank balancing by upping armor to crazy levels & making tanks more boring to play, by removing unique playstyle tanks, I'm not sure I want to continue playing.

Aikl #10 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Rather surprised that WG didn't try a $900 bundle that included the Type 59. That bundle is even on NA... not sure if I'd dare buy something like that without knowing for sure the future of that server. 50% discount is nice, I guess, but not with that kind of bulk.

Guess I'll qualify as a wallet warrior, though it's a matter of budget more than anything. Other games bought the last six years are very few.

At the moment I'm inclined to think more than twice about spending any money. Premium account is likely to stay, it's not a lot of money as long as I mostly play WoT only.

Edited by Aikl, 23 November 2017 - 10:18 AM.

arjun69 #11 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 91755 battles

i am part of the product from the start.

i dont play much above tier 7 much for economic reasons but have a lot of fun otherwise.

wg becoming desperate to keep profits up for their owners with a shrinking playerbase.

Edited by arjun69, 23 November 2017 - 10:18 AM.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Some of them are just reskins. You can get the Patriot and the T26E5. Yay. 

brumbarr #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I was completely f2p up untill about 2 years ago. Then i decided that playing this game so much, it deserved my money.  I love this game and play it a lot, so its certainly worth spending some cash on to increase my enjoyment of the game. Also i got more money from the parents back then. So i had the motivation and means. Since then have had a prem account all the time, bought prems i am interested in and buy some gold for camo and demounting crews.

MrClark56 #14 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 5693 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have bought some premium tanks at the start, T34, SP, Jagdtiger 8.8, E25, Su122-44, and that is it. haven't bought any prem tanks since. bought a few xmass kv2 thingies last xmass...

i don't use premium time, and my in game credits revenue is starting to suffer as i play more high tiers..

Will i pay WG for some new tanks? probably not. Unless i have money to throw away.

Wannabe_Knispel #15 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48052 battles
  • [BADFI] BADFI

View Postuglycousin, on 23 November 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

Lol, could you imagine buying that twice?

Well, it is in 50% discount, so why not?:teethhappy:

Schepel #16 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56870 battles

I just saw THIS (geezus frack, that bundle is scary AF. You can buy a shiteload of games from steam for that amount of $$$, and trust me guys: you don't really need more than 3 or 4 tier VIII premium tanks in order to grind credits.) and it got me thinking... I own most of the tanks on that list. Like, damn. :D

Over the course of playing this game I have spent a lot of money ( in small amounts each month, not all at once like in that scary AF bundle ).

In my first year of playing I was a completely free player, did not even have premium rounds loaded in my tanks. Was as red as a bot stats wise and still learning the game. I started small, with a tier 4 premium tank, because I wanted to support this game that I still love. Then, add a well paying job for a while, some depression and drunk purchases and I've become a collector. In the last half year or so I have stopped spending money because I do not agree with the direction this game is going and I find this a bit more effective than just boycotting some decent game modes (some of you know what I mean).

I still have some premium time going from various contests, ingame events, and past deals ( some of you should know WoWp has really good deals on premium time or premium time + gold that carries over to WoT as it is a shared account ) and I am no longer interested in investing more $$$. I think I gave the devs enough. I don't regret it, don't get me wrong ( should have bought bitcoins tho' ).

Moving on, what are you guys? Completely free to play players? Wallet warriors? Or a mix of the two?

Write your thoughts here, and sorry, no giveaway this time. Maybe I will get my hands on some codes again at one point. :P

Holy !!!

I own almost every single tank on that list, but I got them over the years, some for free, others through CW gold. To get them all in one go is... insane? Especially on a dieing server.

I do not consider myself a wallet warrior. I don't spam gold, but I wouldn't want to play without premium time: collecting every single regular tank in the game is not a project to undertake without.

uglycousin #17 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42526 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 23 November 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Same here. Guess I miss about 5 or 6 of them ......

I do not own 36 of them. :P

But the other 45 are in my garage. Ok, ok, some of them are from marathons and events ( I sold that light vic 2 times already, kept earning it back so I am just keeping it now :D ) , but still, I own 45 of them.

If they make the same offer on EU I really hope people have better judgement than we had. :)

HundeWurst #18 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well ever since I joined FAME 3 years back I did not need to spend much money on the game any more.

Well ok I still did in the beginning but I havnt spend more than 50 Euro during the last 2 years to get my hand on some premium tanks which in now regret even doing as I hardly ever play these tanks.

For the rest? The clanwars gold and other competetion rewards were always enough to keep the premium account going, get the odd premium tank from the tech tree and convert free exp from time to time.

So I dunno what category I fit into. You tell me. However one thing is certain. I have absolutly intentions whatsoever to ever give WG a single dime. So if at some point I cannot get my hands on premium accounts and some spare gold I will stop playing for good.

Playing without a lot of premium stuff (account, premium tanks and such) seems like an utter waste of time and no fun is had doing so as far as I see it.

PS: With 1000 Euro I much rather would buy some tickets to Thailand for research purpose.

Edited by WunderWurst, 23 November 2017 - 10:27 AM.

cragarion #19 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles

That's for the yank server what do you expect,

any way think there's only 2 or 3 of those i don't have and that's because i didn't want them.

wait to see what our black Friday deals are.

uglycousin #20 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42526 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostWunderWurst, on 23 November 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well ever since I joined FAME 3 years back I did not need to spend much money on the game any more.

Well ok I still did in the beginning but I havnt spend more than 50 Euro during the last 2 years to get my hand on some premium tanks which in now regret even doing as I hardly ever play these tanks.

For the rest? The clanwars gold and other competetion rewards were always enough to keep the premium account going, get the odd premium tank from the tech tree and convert free exp from time to time.

So I dunno what category I fit into. You tell me. However one thing is certain. I have absolutly intentions whatsoever to ever give WG a single dime. So if at some point I cannot get my hands on premium accounts and some spare gold I will stop playing for good.

Playing without a lot of premium stuff (account, premium tanks and such) seems like an utter waste of time and no fun is had doing so as far as I see it.

PS: With 1000 Euro I much rather would buy some tickets to Thailand for research purpose.

Players like you who are very active in clanwars and members of good clans I think they have a category of their own. You would do well even without the bonuses from being a member of FAME, but having all that gold sure helps in buying premium time and premium tanks from the tech tree.

If I may, I would call you a freetoplay_wallet(earned_by_skill)warrior. I am not a copywriter so bear with me. :P

Also tagged with premium tanks, premium time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users