Suggestion how arty sees the map

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Love_Thy_Arty #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 85573 battles

People complain a lot about arty. Some say they are too powerful, which they most certainly aren't after this idiotic stun mechanism was added. I prefer to one shot my targets if lucky enough over just being a minor nuisance to them. Anyway, some don't like that arty sees all that is happening in the map. As it is now, arty sees when a tree falls, building collapses or a wall gets mowed down even if that enemy tank hasn't been spotted yet. To me this makes absolutely no sense at all.

Since there are no spy satellites or planes in the game that I know of, why not limit arty's "sky view" as follows?

Arty sees only the trees falling etc. if that tree is within the view range of one of its allies? The trees would remain standing, buildings and walls in pristine order until an ally sees their new status and "updates" the map/view for arty.

What do you think? Maybe this would lessen the amount of abuse we arty players receive sometimes even after the game.

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 54813 battles

Or players could stop driving like idiots and knocking everything down just because its fun.

I wouldn't mind if they did this but it just seems a good way to punish poor play drive around objects or destroy them selectively to foll the arty player into firing a shot into a place you made him think you were.

Orkbert #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27359 battles

View PostMaster__Bates, on 23 November 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Since there are no spy satellites or planes in the game that I know of, why not limit arty's "sky view" as follows?

There are also no camera drones in the game why not limit the general third person view as well?

Love_Thy_Arty #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 85573 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 23 November 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

There are also no camera drones in the game why not limit the general third person view as well?

I get your point, but aiming by getting coordinates from the team would be kinda silly. More authentic, yes, but silly for a game like this. But I bet people in the receiving end would love it, though.

"Arty, fire at the bush in these coordinates..." Crew punches in the numbers and hopes for the best. "No, you missed him. The enemy in in the move at 60kph heading North by North-East."

As long as the target and area is within the view range of a team member, I have nothing against seeing what is happening and where.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 54813 battles

Its a fudge even the spotting system for direct fire works that way.

I cannot see a tank one of my teammates spots it and if we are in radio range then suddenly |I spot it.

Now that is as unrealistic as the arty spotting system.

What would really be happening is some frantic radio  communication telling me there is a target at a certain map location.

Maybe even pointing out terrain features no not that bush the one to the left of the rock, no the other rock and so on.

That does not and could not happen in the game, instead when any friendly tank spots an enemy, instantly all friendlies in radio range see the enemy on the map and those with a direct line of sight within the max spotting range also see it.

Its not reasonable or realistic but it works in terms of this game.

Darth_Clicker #6 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59033 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostMaster__Bates, on 23 November 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

People complain a lot about arty. Some say they are too powerful, which they most certainly aren't after this idiotic stun mechanism was added. I prefer to one shot my targets if lucky enough over just being a minor nuisance to them. Anyway, some don't like that arty sees all that is happening in the map. As it is now, arty sees when a tree falls, building collapses or a wall gets mowed down even if that enemy tank hasn't been spotted yet. To me this makes absolutely no sense at all.

Arty sees only the trees falling etc. if that tree is within the view range of one of its allies? The trees would remain standing, buildings and walls in pristine order until an ally sees their new status and "updates" the map/view for arty.

What do you think? Maybe this would lessen the amount of abuse we arty players receive sometimes even after the game.

I understand your point of view, but I don't think it would make any difference to the arty haters.  I generally don't risk wasting expensive shells firing blindly just because I saw a fence get destroyed.  I would do this a long time ago but very rarely ever hit a tank. So, I stopped wasting my time and credits.

So, making this change is 100% ok with me.

P.S. to the OP Master_Bates:  I once considered taking an online course on salt-water fishing techniques.  I was interested in becoming certified as a Master Baiter.  :D

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 24 November 2017 - 06:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users