Charioteer 2.0

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Zagy_BG #21 Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12257 battles

HESH is crap - I don't use it.

In general this is one of the better T8 TDs, but still the gun trolls as hell.

StexWatain #22 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4229 battles
  • [KOSSA] KOSSA

One thing I can't understand is why do you have to pay 45k exp for the B gun and for all of that you get only 1/3 of a shell more per minute and some negligible accuracy. I'm really enjoying the tank so far, but the grind for the top gun is painful even with premium account and with using all five x3 exp bonuses per day. Hopefully it will be worth once I get it.

Zagy_BG #23 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12257 battles
The top gun is good BUT trollish. Take that into account when playing this TD.

Edited by Zagy_BG, 30 June 2020 - 03:09 PM.

rimmer_the #24 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3656 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 September 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Agreed, the gun choice and their stats make absolutely no f***ing sense whatsoever and if that's not bad enough in itself, the xp sink to get to that woolly handling top gun is even more off putting than the Leopard grind at tier9 and as mentioned, the gun is inferior in almost every possible way that matters when compared to the ScorpG... and WG say this isn't a pay to win game? ahaha! I'm only sorry I didn't study the gun choices and their stats before I took on this grind but since unlocking the Charioteer I have not once but twice declined a nice weekend discount to buy it and take it on. In fact, until this tank gets some sensible buffs to it's gun and a 10m buff to it's view range, it can go f*** itself heavily until then.

To expand on just why this tank makes no sense, take a look at it compared to the tier7 Challenger and compare to a comparable gunned tier8 medium and of course, the Skorp and it becomes clear just how illogical this tanks gun selection and stats really are. 

https://tanks.gg/compare/challenger?t=charioteer_001120~charioteer_101123~charioteer~m4a1-rev~skorpion-g 

Alpha - This tank, a tier higher, actually does 50 less alpha than it's tier7 predecessor for not just one but two of it's 3 choice guns, also no better than the M4 Rev. the IS3 and a huge 100 alpha inferior to the similarly turreted SkorpG which is fine, if it wasn't such a useless slow aiming, wobbly handling, .34 dispersion pile of sh** - DUMB

Aim Time - This tank, for ALL 3 of it's gun choices, 2 of which do 50 less alpha as mentioned, also aim significantly slower than the tier7 and somehow slightly worse than an M4 Rev medium tank with similar gun... really? oh and massively slower to aim than the 490 alpha SkorpG which has a bigger 128 caliber gun, how can that possibly make sense? - DUMB + blatant pay to win.

Soft Stats -  up to 30% worse soft stat dispersion than it's tier7, really? even on the 2 smaller caliber guns? both worse soft stats and aim times?- DUMB

BTW the cost of the shell is even slightly more expensive than the bigger alpha tier7 so not only are you doing less damage, more likely to miss with your inferior gun handling but now you also get charged more for it too just to add insult to injury.

The solution

Obvious 

1. 370 goes to 380 view range

2. Stock gun should be changed to the same 32-pdr 280 alpha as the Challengers top gun, how can it ever make sense to not be at least on parity as it's tier7 predecessor? The second gun should be just an improved version xp sink of the 32-pdr but with better aim time, dispersion, soft stats and dpm to actually make it a viable playstyle choice for this tank and finally the top gun needs to be at least a 2 second aim time as standard, better dispersion values and either a dpm increase or alpha increase. For me, preferably an alpha increase from 390 to 440 since an increase to ROF would just run this tank empty with only 30 ammo and I think those changes would totally rectify this TD.

Higher tier tanks do not always have higher alpha. Should they have ? Well, I'll look at the caliber of the Challenger's guns. 

StexWatain #25 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4229 battles
  • [KOSSA] KOSSA

Okay so, this tank is utter garbage.

First that awful top gun grind. Second, every shot that it takes either kills one of the crew members or damages one of the modules. And the worst thing: [edited]18.79 deg/s TURRET TRAVERSE. Utter, horrendous, godawful, [edited]garbage.

And to think I spent all of my British blueprints to get to it. I could've been in Centurion or Caernarvon now.

moenie #26 Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21221 battles
  • [L-I] L-I

Charioteer is one of my faves, I put a 4 skill female crew into it.

Can easily rack up damage and spotting from both the shadows and front lines.

My best game was 10 kills / 6k damage :)

Honestly this tank can excel in every role due to how flexible it is.

Edited by moenie, 02 July 2020 - 03:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users