Gold Ammo!game not fun anymore!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Adyzorr #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25847 battles
Started to play Wot in 2013 the game was fairly balanced with a couple of exceptions like MM and arty but i guess we will never be happy if the MM is not in our favour all the time witch is impossible. The best part of the game back then was that gold ammo was only available with gold and that was it so you could take your heavy que and enjoy...angle your armour..bounce  and so on you know the rest. Then the gold ammo was available with normal credits and at first it was not an issue because i guess people didnt knew or be used to use gold ammo but in the last year its actually getting ridiculous there are no heavy tanks anymore because whats the point of armour in this game now? its totally useless and the gold is killing the role of armour and the core of world of tanks gameplay! i got back after a couple of months hoping that the gold armour but nothing changed actually its a little bit worse! Sorry for the rant but i like the game a lot at least the pre gold part! good luck and take care

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Game has changed, you either accept it or you don't.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you enjoyed the game more when it was actually pay 2 win? And gold ammo was gold only?

Homer_J #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAdyzorr, on 23 November 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

Started to play Wot in 2013 the game was fairly balanced with a couple of exceptions like MM and arty but i guess we will never be happy if the MM is not in our favour all the time witch is impossible. The best part of the game back then was that gold ammo was only available with gold 

Nice story, but the change was made in 2012 on the 1st of November.

Strappster #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 23556 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

With all these frontal armour buffs, I suspect the intention is maybe not to force everyone into firing gold but to encourage people to relocate to get easier shots into sides and rears with standard ammo.

Hear me out before the parrot chorus of reeeeeeee corridor maps!!!

When gold ammo was only available with gold purchases, it wouldn't be fired very often because that's real money you're spamming away. As a consequence, games had heavily armoured tanks bouncing standard shots and players making flanking moves.

Gold ammo becomes available for credits and over time it's the go-to quick win; load gold to defeat armour, you don't need to flank and it's easier than trying to move around on maps that have a choice of three routes. The meta has shifted.

WG's recent moves to give heavies and assault TDs real, workable armour could be seen as them wanting more people to spend more credits on more gold ammo (and purchasing premium tanks and/or time) or it could be an attempt to force change on the meta. That's something we've seen them do with arty and light tanks recently so it's not inconceivable and it makes a lot more sense than them trying to encourage players to spend or leave the game because they're unable to compete.

Adyzorr #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25847 battles
Indeed 2012 it was forgot when i started to play the game its been a couple of years and yeah it was pay to win but only for a reduced number of players! how fun is it with gold when aiming is not requiered or armour is just not useful anymore? not the only one complaining about this!

Homer_J #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAdyzorr, on 23 November 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

forgot when i started to play the game 

That one is easy, it says under your avatar.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostAdyzorr, on 23 November 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Indeed 2012 it was forgot when i started to play the game its been a couple of years and yeah it was pay to win but only for a reduced number of players! how fun is it with gold when aiming is not requiered or armour is just not useful anymore? not the only one complaining about this!

Oh... so you want super heavies to steam roll you because no one can pen them? As that's the new meta of late. And it was far from that when you started playing, as super heavies was rare then. No you are not the only one complaining about it. But most angles have been discussed here. Anything from removing it, to nerfing it. It won't end well on either one... As most forget one thing. Premiums can't be nerfed. There is a reason why 2 premium arties have AP and HEAT gold ammo, when every normal arty lost theirs.

Adyzorr #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25847 battles
I didnt say anything about removing or nerfing it, it has its place in the game i agree wtih that but reducing the amount you can have would be a good thing in my opinion! and e100 and maus are in the game way before gold ammo was for credits!

Andicus #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21714 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostStrappster, on 23 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

With all these frontal armour buffs, I suspect the intention is maybe not to force everyone into firing gold but to encourage people to relocate to get easier shots into sides and rears with standard ammo.

Hear me out before the parrot chorus of reeeeeeee corridor maps!!!

When gold ammo was only available with gold purchases, it wouldn't be fired very often because that's real money you're spamming away. As a consequence, games had heavily armoured tanks bouncing standard shots and players making flanking moves.

Gold ammo becomes available for credits and over time it's the go-to quick win; load gold to defeat armour, you don't need to flank and it's easier than trying to move around on maps that have a choice of three routes. The meta has shifted.

WG's recent moves to give heavies and assault TDs real, workable armour could be seen as them wanting more people to spend more credits on more gold ammo (and purchasing premium tanks and/or time) or it could be an attempt to force change on the meta. That's something we've seen them do with arty and light tanks recently so it's not inconceivable and it makes a lot more sense than them trying to encourage players to spend or leave the game because they're unable to compete.

Corridor maps!!!

A few games in a tier8 med will tell you everything there is to know, face full of type5 heavy every way you turn, and even if you could flank you couldn't pen without gold anyway.

Dundato #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles

View PostAdyzorr, on 23 November 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

Started to play Wot in 2013 the game was fairly balanced with a couple of exceptions like MM and arty but i guess we will never be happy if the MM is not in our favour all the time witch is impossible. The best part of the game back then was that gold ammo was only available with gold and that was it so you could take your heavy que and enjoy...angle your armour..bounce  and so on you know the rest. Then the gold ammo was available with normal credits and at first it was not an issue because i guess people didnt knew or be used to use gold ammo but in the last year its actually getting ridiculous there are no heavy tanks anymore because whats the point of armour in this game now? its totally useless and the gold is killing the role of armour and the core of world of tanks gameplay! i got back after a couple of months hoping that the gold armour but nothing changed actually its a little bit worse! Sorry for the rant but i like the game a lot at least the pre gold part! good luck and take care

Tough eh and yet you and your friends continue to play

Strappster #12 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 23556 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAndicus, on 24 November 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

Corridor maps!!!

A few games in a tier8 med will tell you everything there is to know, face full of type5 heavy every way you turn, and even if you could flank you couldn't pen without gold anyway.

Is this the same Type 5 Heavy as the one that has 160mm of armour on the side (above the tracks) and rear or do you encounter a different one with thicker armour?

Indy_Bones #13 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28215 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostDundato, on 24 November 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

Tough eh and yet you and your friends continue to play

Surely the whole point of a discussion forum is so that everyone can express their opinion about the game, this includes changes to gameplay, meta and anything else of this nature.

If players don't express their dislike or complaints about certain aspects, how can we expect the dev to ever possibly listen as they will assume everyone is happy otherwise???

I personally detest the way the game has changed over the past year or so, yes, there's enough still there for me to be able to enjoy playing (most of the time), but that doesn't mean I'm happy about the situation, or that I wouldn't change things if given the opportunity.

Bring back genuine weak spots on tanks, remove the premium ammo nonsense, get rid of endless city/corridor maps and thus open up more strategic and tactical choices, get rid of the bloody stun mechanic from SPG's that nobody asked for, remove this horrible new 3-5-7 MM system that gives you bottom tier games 70% of the time, put some of the maps back to how they should be and stop removing spotting/sniping bushes all over the place etc, etc.

All my complaints and issues don't stop me from playing, but they do make me wish for a return to a previous version where the vast majority of those complaints didn't exist.

Hammerhead20 #14 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25252 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 November 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

So you enjoyed the game more when it was actually pay 2 win? And gold ammo was gold only?

Since when this game is not "P2W" anymore?

Did I miss something here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users