How are your TX games?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

saso_slo_ms #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7410 battles

Another whine post, but now i will ask you guys/girls how are your high tier games lately looking out.

While mine is looking like pure pawn or pure lose, not even close of balance teams. One sided games if i can call them like that.

2 games in row have completely garbage players with no clue of map positioning or how to use tanks or even to shoot.What are those players doing at high tiers?

One chance you had to watch online. On stream form Quickfingers where full TX game looked like this: 12 foching TX tanks not even manage to do 1k damage :amazed: 

Spoiler

And the second one looked like this: 

Spoiler

With bonus, just look the lemming train and the positioning of one player of platoon 2 with hes IS7

Spoiler

Now tell me how to enjoy random games especially with LT?

Where is the problem?

- are players to special for high tiers and they still resist to play it

- WG with that crazy overbuffing tanks and forcing fast games with formula 1 HT's

- To much gap between tier when there are 2artys and 6 LT's per side

Edited by saso_slo_ms, 23 November 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postsaso_slo_ms, on 23 November 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

I mostly only play high tier LT's. And yeah I enjoy them more then high tier slow HT's and TD.

So you did meet QB? Well poo happens.

So you had a lemming fail on that map? It happens... But why sit on G1 and wait for a fail you know is coming down that way? No one can help you even if you spot something, as the only two near you have 25 to 50 sec reload. I would rather have gone F6 and given your lemmings something to shoot at, vs sitting there waiting doing nothing for too long.

And more importantly. Why play high tiers if you don't enjoy it?... on any account. Just asking since you asked if anyone enjoyed playing LT's. If you don't. Why do it?

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 November 2017 - 11:54 PM.

yun9 #3 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5057 battles

T10 is pretty okay honestly, it's still by far the best tier if you want to compete. 

Some tanks are OP and some are in serious need of buffs (looking at you Leopard 1 :sceptic:) but it's still one of the best tiers in terms of balancing. 

Tier 9 is my personal sweetspot, very few bad tanks and less OP ones too, and they're all unique in some way. Nothing plays the exact same and that's something that's very hard to come by in other tiers. Some tanks still need buffs to their AP pen due to superheavies being way more common but otherwise it's a really great tier to play. 

View Postsaso_slo_ms, on 23 November 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Spoiler

Where is the problem?

- are players to special for high tiers and they still resist to play it

- WG with that crazy overbuffing tanks and forcing fast games with formula 1 HT's

- To much gap between tier when there are 2artys and 6 LT's per side

The screenshot here isn't anything special. Meta has caught up with the top end now and this isn't strange at all. The northern engagement favours the east spawn and the southern favours the west, so that's where people will go. The "heavy" area is very well made and you have some sweet spots from the south that just get so much early damage in. TD spots also outside spotting range in case you lose it. Trying to push the north from this side is an uphill battle, at the corner on C2 it's hulldown versus hulldown, and if you manage to get through that they still have their hill on A4 hulldown that you have to push through. What's even worse is that C3 hill exists so it counters your cross to B1 where you can hulldown into C3. 

Consider this and how much you'll have to go through to actually win this flank. It's an uphill battle from the start. It's the other way around from the south where you have the advantage. If you have issues with playing a light in those types of areas then use your head and think of spots that might be good with consideration to your teammates positions. A spotting bush is close to useless if there's nobody that can shoot what you're spotting and especially since you're a low HP low burst autoloader you're not going to be able to solo anything. Go with your team, just because you're a light tank doesn't mean you have to spot. Light tank gameplay isn't just spotting and vision, but you can sub in for mediums anytime you want to, just with slightly worse results and sometimes that's the best option. 

If you look at where your Grille is sitting on the first screenshot along with the BC25t, taking the spotting bush below the ridge spot on G6 (just north of it) to spot the heavies crossing is a pretty good start. That's at least two tanks that will be able to shoot something. The enemy is likely to have tanks sitting up on their ridge at D7/8 too so that's even more opportunities. After that you can easily see what's happening. IS-7 is taking a super passive spot, he's hard to dig out from there though and with plenty of TDs sitting back he's just fine there if your team loses that side. They can't push it. Your spot on G1 isn't too bad but you're still totally alone so you're not going to do anything from there. The FV 183 is going to do one shot and then get pushed and die. You can do a clip but not more as well which is only 1200 damage and that's not enough to stop that push. Go further back so your FV won't die for nothing and so you can get a clip out while still being able to run away and kite them back. If you can get one more out that's a tank down, and it really helps your odds of slowing down the push from that side and for your team to react. 

That's how you win these lemming games, hope that helps :)

Dundato #4 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25657 battles
they are amazing, just buy 3-4 fort knox's a week and your sorted

Phobos4321 #5 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:58 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42818 battles

having pure T10 matches ? nothing really changed  quite often there are steamrolls sometimes on the winning sometimes on the losing side

otherwise the 3/5/7 5/10 mm is rather nice giving you few same danger level tanks and plenty of victims

if you cant stand being team dependant  dont play scouts  or play arty so you see it could even be worse ...

Jigabachi #6 Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Hightier light tank MM is fine. Obviously.

K_A #7 Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Forum Rules:

8. Don’t try to cheat the punishment system

If you have been banned, the moderation team can automatically ban all your alternate accounts on the forums.

And to answer OP's question, mine have been just fine, thank you for asking. 

UrQuan #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Been enjoying TX so far. It has some frustrating games granted, thanks to teammates, but not much different from other tiers. Advantage of TX is that it's much harder for MM to screw you over. I do drive the Maus, because I enjoy getting into the frontline & tie up the enemy. 

Ricky_Rolls #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66945 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Games are pretty interesting, full t10 mm most of the time, at least 3 td's each games, some with 3 arties, when it's arty free make sure to add 2 more td's, the rest is almost full is7 with some meds and type5's. So funny.

Thejagdpanther #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33033 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

A lot of point of views and is nice to read all of them.

For me it's just a nightmare.

If I want to play a clan war I join a clan that make clan war. Monotier games are the most boring and unbalanced (as the tier goes up) games you can fight.

Steamrolls as in any other tiers, spam of gold out of control (no, I don't play the maus anymore - pointless, is my only tank that has lost wr conversely on what you can read on forums and whines), credit balance always poised, low quality of gameplay as any other tier.

I'm researching some other tanks by I will think a lot before even buy them.

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 24 November 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Too many players who according to Jingles who...

Block Quote

don't know their arse from their elbow

Just had another 46% retard in his T-62A ( among plenty during this session already ) who always get into my line of fire because "me, too". You know...you keep a tank permatracked and then comes Johnny head in the air and blocks you...

Edited by Enforcer1975, 24 November 2017 - 06:45 PM.

iztok #12 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles

> ... how are your high tier games lately looking out.

10 battles for the last 2 or so years. I'd say a perfect number, a bit high maybe. ;)

Dava_117 #13 Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17589 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
Not to bad. You allways find those potato player that can't learn where the important flanks are on a certain map with a certain mm. But I have to admit that sometime I can be in this group, so I endure it without too much frustration. Usually at least... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users