Premium Account

Premium Game Play Accounts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

batshead #1 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17265 battles

Have you ever noticed all those in-game incentives to obtain a Premium Account? We are reliably informed that to have such an account will get us more credits and more XP. Over the years, I have paid my dues and bought my various terms of Premium Account, mainly 30 days, watching my credits slowly increasing as I’m working towards a new high total. But, I have realised a long time ago that there is a big flaw to this way of improving your cash reserves. How often do you play tanks? 1 hour a day? 3 hours? Yet, the clock on your term of Premium is constantly ticking away. So, even if your fast asleep, or sat on the khazi, the Premium is ticking away, getting you ever closer to it running out. It’s worse if you’re on holiday, as that means you get no benefit from the Premium, but it’s ticking away all the same! I calculated that in a 24-hour period, with going to the khazi and silly things like sleep and work/school factored in, you might, at best, have 4 hours in which to utilise your Premium Account! This means that those smug so and so’s who might boast about having bought a years’ worth of Premium will only get to play it for 2 months out of the 12! Imagine what they’ve had to fork out for it, only to get a 17% use on their investment! In my humble opinion, Premium Account should only be activated by WG the moment you enter a battle and the moment you either get blown up or the game ends, not from the very Nano second you buy it! WG aren’t stupid. They’ve already done their homework and have probably realised years ago that the house always wins. But, next time you’re in the market for some Premium Account, just consider how much you’re really going to benefit from it. Unless you’re going to play 24/7, then you’re wasting money. Sure, you get a nice-looking garage whilst you have it, and it looks great when a Premium tank wins during a Premium Account, but the euphoria is only fleeting, and when you’re tucked away in bed dreaming of all the great scores you’ve had, just remember that the clock is still ticking away on your account! I, for one, will be considering buying gold instead of Premium, as it lasts until you use it, which is what those at WG should do with Premium Account. Please comment, and hopefully the boys at WG might even listen and change things for the better.

dennez #2 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbatshead, on 24 November 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Have you ever noticed all those in-game incentives to obtain a Premium Account? We are reliably informed that to have such an account will get us more credits and more XP. Over the years, I have paid my dues and bought my various terms of Premium Account, mainly 30 days, watching my credits slowly increasing as I’m working towards a new high total. But, I have realised a long time ago that there is a big flaw to this way of improving your cash reserves. How often do you play tanks? 1 hour a day? 3 hours? Yet, the clock on your term of Premium is constantly ticking away. So, even if your fast asleep, or sat on the khazi, the Premium is ticking away, getting you ever closer to it running out. It’s worse if you’re on holiday, as that means you get no benefit from the Premium, but it’s ticking away all the same! I calculated that in a 24-hour period, with going to the khazi and silly things like sleep and work/school factored in, you might, at best, have 4 hours in which to utilise your Premium Account! This means that those smug so and so’s who might boast about having bought a years’ worth of Premium will only get to play it for 2 months out of the 12! Imagine what they’ve had to fork out for it, only to get a 17% use on their investment! In my humble opinion, Premium Account should only be activated by WG the moment you enter a battle and the moment you either get blown up or the game ends, not from the very Nano second you buy it! WG aren’t stupid. They’ve already done their homework and have probably realised years ago that the house always wins. But, next time you’re in the market for some Premium Account, just consider how much you’re really going to benefit from it. Unless you’re going to play 24/7, then you’re wasting money. Sure, you get a nice-looking garage whilst you have it, and it looks great when a Premium tank wins during a Premium Account, but the euphoria is only fleeting, and when you’re tucked away in bed dreaming of all the great scores you’ve had, just remember that the clock is still ticking away on your account! I, for one, will be considering buying gold instead of Premium, as it lasts until you use it, which is what those at WG should do with Premium Account. Please comment, and hopefully the boys at WG might even listen and change things for the better.

I didnt really read this, but +1 for using a font that has a g with a dangly thing under it. Makes it so pretty.

uglycousin #3 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postbatshead, on 24 November 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

You are not wasting money. Premium account is a better investment than buying premium tanks in this game. You just make 50% more of everything.

So what if you only play for a few hours every day? You think you would be better off buying premium hours? Look at how much it would cost you to buy personal reserves just for those few hours and how much is a premium account (depending on the period and the discount)?

If you think premium account is too expensive for you, then just don`t buy it anymore.

P.S. FYI I play something like 2h/3h hours every day and I don`t regret having a premium account.

250swb #4 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It could well be a short cut to insanity if you started to calculate all the things that devalue while you aren't using them. A car for example, that depreciates as soon as you drive it away from the dealer, then continues to depreciate whether you are asleep or awake, driving or not driving. A travel card, if you aren't travelling it is devaluing, a camera, it devalues each time a new model is released, and etc. Best not think about it, put it down to it being 'life as we know it'.

uglycousin #5 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

This means that those smug so and so’s who might boast about having bought a years’ worth of Premium will only get to play it for 2 months out of the 12! Imagine what they’ve had to fork out for it, only to get a 17% use on their investment! 

I just want to clear something. Buying a 50% off full year worth of premium has cost me less than I paid for some of my premium tanks. It was the best deal I could have gotten.

In my humble opinion, Premium Account should only be activated by WG the moment you enter a battle and the moment you either get blown up or the game ends, not from the very Nano second you buy it! 

Nah, WG would [edited]it up badly if they would do that. If you want limited time bonuses there are personal reserves to buy.

But, next time you’re in the market for some Premium Account, just consider how much you’re really going to benefit from it. Unless you’re going to play 24/7, then you’re wasting money. Sure, you get a nice-looking garage whilst you have it, and it looks great when a Premium tank wins during a Premium Account, but the euphoria is only fleeting, and when you’re tucked away in bed dreaming of all the great scores you’ve had, just remember that the clock is still ticking away on your account!

Dude, you don`t have to play 24/7. That would be silly. But if you do play a little bit more than 2h daily, that is a sweet deal for the people with no other hobbies and more spare time.

Do you regret paying a monthly fee to your mobile company? Because you are not talking non stop to take advantage of that unlimited plan. (and yes, I know there are prepaid plans, or pay as you go, or other options, but you get what I mean.)

Do you regret paying your cable company a monthly fee because you are not watching TV non stop? Do you regret paying for NETFLIX? And so on...

View Post250swb, on 24 November 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

It could well be a short cut to insanity if you started to calculate all the things that devalue while you aren't using them. A car for example, that depreciates as soon as you drive it away from the dealer, then continues to depreciate whether you are asleep or awake, driving or not driving. A travel card, if you aren't travelling it is devaluing, a camera, it devalues each time a new model is released, and etc. Best not think about it, put it down to it being 'life as we know it'.

This.

It's premium time. A pay to advance method. That makes some people sometimes play more so they don't feel like they are wasting that investment.

If you don't want it, or you feel cheated in any way by WG, just don't buy it and spend your money in better ways. :)

Martijn_mk2 #6 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5840 battles
If they change the premium so that it will only decrease while you are playing, they will probably make it 10 times as expensive.
Would you like that?

Hedgehog1963 #7 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50900 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Second one of these threads this week...  all for something worth at most a euro.

Do you fret about your ISP subscription running when you're not using it?

If you buy a year's subscription when it is on offer comes to €0.25 a day and you can do better than that with a coupon.  It's just not worth worrying about something so cheap.

jack_timber #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles
I have a car yet some days don't use it, same comparison?

Hedgehog1963 #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50900 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Postjack_timber, on 24 November 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I have a car yet some days don't use it, same comparison?

More the tax and insurance you pay for it rather than the car itself.  They are a better parallel to premium time in WoT.  the car itslef is more akin to a premium vehicle.

adameitas #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61853 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
well i think PA is one of better wg ideas (special until gold ammo became for free). Playing with PA gives 50% bonuses it is huge also dont forget that creation/developing this game also cost/costs real money. But the most important thing is it saves your sanity. You dont need worry about income playing high tiers in most cases. Recently i played with and without PA and must say to play without PA is pain in [edited]. Now some math. PA in general is cheap even in my country that is far from being in top by economy in Europe. Personally i mostly buy one month PA so it turns in that one day cost me about 30 euro cents. Even if i play hour per day it still not much. One year PA on discount cost like 84 euro that means about 23 euro cents per day. That really isnt much. And in Western Europe countries i believe it isnt even worth mentioning.. 

Slyspy #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postuglycousin, on 24 November 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

You are not wasting money. Premium account is a better investment than buying premium tanks in this game. You just make 50% more of everything.

It isn't if you don't play very much IMO. 

uglycousin #12 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostSlyspy, on 24 November 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

It isn't if you don't play very much IMO. 

It depends now. If you play only low tiers, and only a few games per day. And I really mean just a few, then you are perfectly safe as a completely FTP player.

But if you play high tiers, it helps a lot. Even if just for a few games.

I guess it depends on the person here.

Bennie182 #13 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51588 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Next useless topic.. YOU buy the account, while no one forces you to. YOU have to take responsibility for actually making that mistake --> YOU find yourself not having enough benefit of it. It is a company, which exists to make money. Besides that, you could have saved a lot of money by not buying 30 days each time, but a lot longer period instead. This would have given a fair discount. All these things you mention, you could have known before buying, so I think it's pretty childish to blame them for making money, while it's your own choice to buy that stuff.

Please comment, and hopefully the boys at WG might even listen and change things for the better.

Last point I waste my time on is, to tell you that you actually wasted your time posting this topic, as WG will not read this topic, neither change it, no matter how many people will say here they agree with you or not.

Edited by Bennie182, 24 November 2017 - 11:46 AM.

hson_hson #14 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6487 battles

How often do you play tanks? 1 hour a day? 3 hours? Yet, the clock on your term of Premium is constantly ticking away. So, even if your fast asleep, or sat on the khazi, the Premium is ticking away, getting you ever closer to it running out. It’s worse if you’re on holiday, as that means you get no benefit from the Premium, but it’s ticking away all the same!

There are plenty of services in life you pay for which you don't use all the time.

You got a streaming account (Netflix/HBO/Amazon Prime/Whatever_local_service) or a regular TV subscription?

I bet you pay a monthly fee for that too even though I doubt you watch 24/7

Edited by hson_hson, 24 November 2017 - 04:20 PM.

batshead #15 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17265 battles
Hmm, I see that a lot of people are comparing this to either buying a car and not using it 24/7 or a subscription to Netflix or having a mobile phone and not using it 24/7. However, the big difference between them is that the car or Netflix aren't used to achieve something, like gaining extra credits or XP in the game. But, I guess those objectors are right when they say the more you play the game then the more the benefit you'll get from having PA. Besides, as one wise commentor has written, WG won't read this and amend the system. They are a profit making company, so they need to do these things to make that profit. Personally, I would pay extra for PA if I knew it would last longer via my idea, as I wouldn't have to continuously remind myself I had only a small window of opportunity to get the most from it. For those of you who have the time to invest so heavily that you get the most from PA, I say you're either very fortunate or unfortunate, depending on your circumstances. Someone even suggested buying a yearly amount of PA, as it works out cheaper. Fortunately for me, I'm not so totally absorbed by this game, or any other game for that matter, to warrant such an outlay of cash. To those that are, I say all the best, and ignore the appeals to reason that I so foolishly tried to foster within the fan base of WG.

Slyspy #16 Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postuglycousin, on 24 November 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

It depends now. If you play only low tiers, and only a few games per day. And I really mean just a few, then you are perfectly safe as a completely FTP player.

But if you play high tiers, it helps a lot. Even if just for a few games.

I guess it depends on the person here.

I've gone from playing a few hours a day to playing a few hours a week, if that (you can tell by my WR that lack of practice does make a difference lol). So for me playing say half of my few games in a prem means that I am "using" my money and I can still afford a game or so at higher tiers. I'm also pretty bored of the grind so I don't especially want to amass lots of xp. 

Also tagged with Premium, Game Play, Accounts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users