Anti-Suicide algo needs to be implemented

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles

I feel due to the excessive number of ocasions that players decide to suicide either because they are outnumbered or becuase they are simply 

artellery, needs to be punished somehow

this type of players who refuse to try to fight till the end and suicide to avoid other players to get damage or simply because they dont want to play 

must be punished either with loss of credits or loss of exp, but somehow they must be punished.

in my opinion if a guy is the last player of hist team and suicides should not receive any credits or exp at all... and should only take loss of credits. 

this can be easly implemented

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yep, and then when you accidentally flip your tank over or fall off a ridge when escaping after a monster game which you are going to lose (but gain winners rewards for courageous resistance) and everything is taken away from you?

I'm sure your idea won't seem so "awesome" then... *Edited

Edited by Nohe21, 26 November 2017 - 02:23 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Thing is... like team damage, it's not always easy to see if it's deliberate or not the first time. Heck I've been blue once when I drove over a bridge and a light rammed my side and rolled over into the lake. And I got the blame for it. Or when you drive alone the edge, get shot in the track and spin into the water. Giving the blame to me, not the one that tracked me. As even that system is not 100%. So you can't punish them for it every time.

But around patch 9.1 or so, you might recall that arty drowning was a huge issue suddenly. Because they never got punished for it. That died out a bit as in patch 9.3 they implemented the AFK and suicide check, along with the warning and punishment for leaving the game early. It's not for the one hit wonders and accidental suicides. But like team damage, it works when you do it to often. So repeat offenders of it will get a warning and 0 xp, no credits or medals. Do it again then and you will be flagged "kinda like turning blue". Do it again when flagged, and you get banned for it. It's the same system that destroys the tank for idle etc at the end of a battle to push their repair up. So basically if you see a afk or one that drowned with zero XP. You know he does it a tad to often. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 November 2017 - 04:12 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21150 battles

In a lot of occasions, throughout history, it was common to not allow the enemy get you alive, so suicide was a thing.

Ps. There are a lot more important things to fix, than wasting personnel in order to find and implement a mechanic, so you can get one more kill.

View PostKillingJoker, on 25 November 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I feel due to the excessive number of ocasions that players decide to suicide either because they are outnumbered or becuase they are simply 

artellery, needs to be punished somehow

They do get punished, when the crew drowns, it gets half the xp it would normally get, also, players lose xp and credits, due to the loss.

hson_hson #5 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

Just adding some thing to what has already been commented on. 

The only thing I feel missing is what is implemented on console, if you die to your own accord (suicide,overturn,fall,e.t.c) the remaining enemies get xp and credits as if they killed you i.e split among the remaining ones alive

Edited by hson_hson, 25 November 2017 - 07:29 PM.

KillingJoker #6 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 November 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Yep, and then when you accidentally flip your tank over or fall off a ridge when escaping after a monster game which you are going to lose (but gain winners rewards for courageous resistance) and everything is taken away from you?

Its not the same,  when you flip your tank accidently, you dont die instantly, there is a countdown in seconds before you die..., 

most people in this game suicide by going water, or in some cases jumping out of high cliffs, so your excuse about someone dying accidently after a monster game is not real...

they must do somehting about the people who use water to suicide when they are the last living player on their team...

View Posthson_hson, on 25 November 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Just adding some thing to what has already been commented on. 

The only thing I feel missing is what is implemented on console, if you die to your own accord (suicide,overturn,fall,e.t.c) the remaining enemies get xp and credits as if they killed you i.e split among the remaining ones alive

The idea here is not to give awards to other players, but PUNISH thouse who commit suicide, so they stop doing it...

when people start getting punished for suiciding they will stop doing it, despite its a stupid action... because any idiot who suicides basicly is not trying to do any damage...

i came here not complain specificly against arty players but many other players who suicide, i can give an example of a stupid vk 100 P guy who suicided on the water in Fjords

when he was almost full exp, vs tier 7 and 8 tanks only, if i was him, at least 2 players would die trying to take me out... but he gave up of playing... by suiciding.

this type of action must be punished

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
This needs doing but only after the mechanism for penalising TKers & team damagers is improved.

ExclamationMark #8 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

https://gfycat.com/P...PotableCardinal

Denied me what would have been my 2nd Dumitru's medal that day. :great::great::great:

hson_hson #9 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6486 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 25 November 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Its not the same,  when you flip your tank accidently, you dont die instantly, there is a countdown in seconds before you die..., 

most people in this game suicide by going water

And there isn’t a timer when you drown?

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45377 battles

Any player can suicide charge the enemy or just appear to play a little aggressively and be out of a game in a couple of minutes depending on tank speed.

Algorithm couldn't cover that

It could cover driving into water or off a cliff though even then accident happen.

I do wonder if players are trying to get out of a bad matchup or if its more being unable to complete a mission because the enemy team doesn't have the right composition.

KillingJoker #11 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles

View PostExclamationMark, on 25 November 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

https://gfycat.com/P...PotableCardinal

Denied me what would have been my 2nd Dumitru's medal that day. :great::great::great:

exacly, by suiciding this players are not only showing disrespect for your game but also for their team...

and thats why they should be punished

View PostGremlin182, on 25 November 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Any player can suicide charge the enemy or just appear to play a little aggressively and be out of a game in a couple of minutes depending on tank speed.

Algorithm couldn't cover that

It could cover driving into water or off a cliff though even then accident happen.

I do wonder if players are trying to get out of a bad matchup or if its more being unable to complete a mission because the enemy team doesn't have the right composition.

Again, thats not the subject of judge here...

the request is very simple here: if a player is the last one in his team, and he decides to go water to die, or jump out of a high clif so his tank to be destroyed

he should take a penalty for it... 

its very specific, we are not here to judge suicidal scouts, or suicidal gameplay

what i am requesting is to be implemented a mechanism that punishes players who deny either resistance to a victory or damage points to other players from the winning team.

AngelofAwe #12 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
Just had a full hp batchat drown himself in front of me as the last tank alive because his team lost too.
The exp denied prevented me from improving my march of nations score where I'm trying to hold on to a top 10 position, basically wasting hours of time for me by that simple action of his.

Yes, douchebags who suicide in order to not let the enemy kill them should definitely be punished and hard in my opinion. The question is how. 

Also had allied artillery shoot me in the back 4 times in a game earlier today splashing me for a total of 577 dmg and stunning me every time and taking my tracks off so the enemy could kill me.
He didn't even go blue.
His reason? My clan tag. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 25 November 2017 - 07:52 PM.

Homer_J #13 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I call them losers and the penalty is they lose more often.  Seems reasonable to me.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKillingJoker, on 25 November 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

most people in this game suicide by going water, or in some cases jumping out of high cliffs, so your excuse about someone dying accidently after a monster game is not real...

they must do somehting about the people who use water to suicide when they are the last living player on their team...

Of course it's real you donut. I've had games myself where I've done 3/4x more damage than everyone else played my heart out trying to carry, and ended up as the last tank alive only to fall off a cliff trying to escape and die.

Punishing "suiciders" is impossible because it's impossible to distinguish between accidental and purposeful.

Even with drowning, i've been pushed into the water by an ally, tracked and drowned. By your logic the game would punish me with zero XP or credits because of the actions of a moronic team member...

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 November 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Bitter_Kipper #15 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23285 battles

Drowning is really easy to fix - Don't make the water deep enough. Change the resistances of the water to resemble glue.

2 things happen The area is still useless as the attempted drowners are sitting ducks for everyone and every one sees what type of player they are.

To keep it as an obstruction river banks and random rocks work pretty well along with a making the resistances extremely penalising.

​Cliff diving is a hazard for both sides and sorting deliberate from accidental would be far too difficult to sort out.

Phobos4321 #16 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42812 battles

interessting

guess you would claim to remove  all engines from cars and make the drive pedal for it since there are ppl that abuse the engines

dont think/care about the number of offenders compared to the ones you would punish with your changes ...

pretty much same stupid approach like all that "remove all mods" whiners

KillingJoker #17 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 November 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Of course it's real you donut. I've had games myself where I've done 3/4x more damage than everyone else played my heart out trying to carry, and ended up as the last tank alive only to fall off a cliff trying to escape and die.

Punishing "suiciders" is impossible because it's impossible to distinguish between accidental and purposeful.

Even with drowning, i've been pushed into the water by an ally, tracked and drowned. By your logic the game would punish me with zero XP or credits because of the actions of a moronic team member...

no, its not impossible, its actaully easy to code

IF player is the only one alive and he dies by drowning he is punished

if player is the only one alive and he dies by falling from a clif is punished

its the easiest syntax to code... 

View PostPhobos4321, on 25 November 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

interessting

guess you would claim to remove  all engines from cars and make the drive pedal for it since there are ppl that abuse the engines

dont think/care about the number of offenders compared to the ones you would punish with your changes ...

pretty much same stupid approach like all that "remove all mods" whiners

oh... its you again... 

but since you have more than a thousand games on the S-51 arty and its your second most played tank, your opinion on this subject SHOULD NOT be taken in consideration.

Edited by Nohe21, 26 November 2017 - 02:27 PM.

RamRaid90 #18 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKillingJoker, on 25 November 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

no, its not impossible, its actaully easy to code

IF player is the only one alive and he dies by drowning he is punished

if player is the only one alive and he dies by falling from a clif is punished

its the easiest syntax to code... 

*Edited

I could be the last alive and die because an enemy pushes me into the water...I could have had a good game and be the last alive and still lose all credits and XP yes?

Same situation with falling off a cliff...it's possible to be pushed...

Your idea cannot work.

Edited by Nohe21, 26 November 2017 - 02:28 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

AngelofAwe #19 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 November 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Again your brain fails you.

I could be the last alive and die because an enemy pushes me into the water...I could have had a good game and be the last alive and still lose all credits and XP yes?

Same situation with falling off a cliff...it's possible to be pushed...

Your idea cannot work.

If you used the kill feed you'd see "was drowned by" when somebody drowns you. Regardless of if it's the enemy or an ally that pushes you in or tracks you there. Quite simple to make use of that. If somebody else causes your drowning, no punishment. 

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAngelofAwe, on 25 November 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

If you used the kill feed you'd see "was drowned by" when somebody drowns you. Regardless of if it's the enemy or an ally that pushes you in or tracks you there. Quite simple to make use of that. If somebody else causes your drowning, no punishment. 

Not necessarily.

If somebody pushes you into the water and you're tracked by the fall, it will result in your drowning yourself nobody will be credited with the kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users