Operation Gambit Global Map

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28397 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Against all odds, H5VOK have managed to take and hold land in the current campaign.  That means there are options open to us that we don't fully understand.

We are currently here https://eu.wargaming.net/globalmap/#province/szczecinek

We are being attacked by X3EAM from the south east.  I can see that they are "Relocating a division" (Brown tank, red arrow attacking us).

I can also see that when I click on our land 3 buttons appear "Organise a division", "Relocate a division", "Disband division".

"Organise a division" is greyed out as we already have a division on our land. What are the pros/cons of having multiple divisions ?  Presumably more divisions allow you to attack multiple neighbours (if you have enough players FCs.  Is there any disadvantage/cost ?

"Relocate a division" - I presume that is for attacking neighbours?  Is there any disadvantage to doing this ?  Do we lose the land we are on ?  Is there anything stopping us from attacking the unoccupied land to our south west ?  That would look like a free win, so I'm suspecting a catch.

"Disband division" - Why would you do this ?  Does it give you anything back ?

I also notice that our western  neighbour RGT is being attacked by their western neighbour.  But I don't see a division being relocated.  Are they relocating their division and I just can't see it (not land owner) or is there another way to attack a neighbour other than relocating a division ?

Does anyone have any general advice for a clan wars noob ?

Any advice on when we should "invest" our fame points ?

Thanks for all your help.

Unkel_Dolan #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27034 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostStinkyStonky, on 26 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

"Organise a division" is greyed out as we already have a division on our land. What are the pros/cons of having multiple divisions ?  Presumably more divisions allow you to attack multiple neighbours (if you have enough players FCs.  Is there any disadvantage/cost ?

"Relocate a division" - I presume that is for attacking neighbours?  Is there any disadvantage to doing this ?  Do we lose the land we are on ?  Is there anything stopping us from attacking the unoccupied land to our south west ?  That would look like a free win, so I'm suspecting a catch.

"Disband division" - Why would you do this ?  Does it give you anything back ?

if you want to attack a neighbor you have to move your existing division towards their province. this leaves your home province empty, but then you can organize a new division to keep your province ready to defend. 

disbanding a division is useful in normal CW if you want to lose your HQ on purpose so that you can ransack a province you just took. not sure if there's any point to it in this campaign, unless you have several provinces with the same defense time and you don't have enough teams. if you disband the division the province is handed over without a fight so you don't get a technical defeat and the penalties that go with it

FidelisRaven #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39457 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
If you have any questions about cw mechanics, feel free to come to WHO teamspeak and find me, I'm usually there in the evening. Ts address: whywho.eu

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users