What's up with the unicum hate?

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Recently, I had a chance to experience what it's like to be seen as a super unicum, 3.2k WN8 account just to try some tanks I don't have. Jeez, the level of toxicity you get is astonishing.

- Almost every loss that happens you get blamed by people who do 1 shot of damage, as if you are someone who has to solo 5 enemy tanks.

- A victory guaranteed a hate message from someone on the enemy team.

- Arty focus was unreal, several games I had SPG's were holding their shot for a minute. I was literally watching my team and hoping I'll have 30 seconds of freedom. No, get smacked.

- People shooting tracks during a clean up phase.

- Being pushed out as if it's totally fine.

- Getting yolo'd by 2-3 enemy tanks that die as well shortly after.

Only once I met a guy who said he's coming to help me. Whereas, if you play on a green account you can do whatever you want. Sit in your IS-7 behind everyone and snipe. Sure, no problem.

I was looking forward to improving further, but this was really demotivating. That might have been a bad evening, but I believe it's true in general. What can I say, enjoy your XVM camo while it lasts if you have nice recents.

Draz_H #2 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
mad cuz bad?

leggasiini #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14130 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just jealous. That, or baddies think that being purple/bright purple is impossible without using hacks/cheats. Because they are already "best players" and anyone who is better is a cheater. 

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24521 battles

How am I supposed to know who is 'Unicum', or a scrub, at the start of battle ?

I've been accused of 'focusing' on 'unicums' in the past. I don't, because I don't know how to.

If you're in my sights, and it's a good clean shot, and it helps the team, you're gonna get shot.

japtank #5 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

Who lives by the stats shall perish by the stats.

Whatever that means.

dennez #6 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17281 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Assuming that everybody has XVM..  And if even.. Your current account is also purple, what's the difference?

*ignorant mode on* Also..imo.. Most clickers are too retarded to install XVM, so they just sh1t on the most aggressive/first spotted players.. Which happen to be the better ones usually..

Edited by dennez, 27 November 2017 - 10:06 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postdennez, on 27 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Assuming that everybody has XVM..  And if even.. Your current account is also purple, what's the difference?

*ignorant mode on* Also..imo.. Most clickers are too retarded to install XVM, so they just sh1t on the most aggressive/first spotted players.. Which happen to be the better ones usually..

Depends on the color scale used. On a proper one my account is blue. 2770+ is purple.

Phobos4321 #8 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

strange stuff your mixing together here

to take out the most dangerous tank/player would be widely viewed a logical  approach for anyone understanding a slight bit of tactics

why is that hate ? also you make it sound like 120% of the players would use xvm ...

why would anyone accept msgs from ppl not on your friendslist ?  you seek for such  messages ? also i doubt that bad players would recieve  nicer msgs

also some of the unicuntsms arent exactly what anyone would call friendly  if its combined with some elitism   it might be the fastest way to get hated

iztok #9 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View Postdennez, on 27 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

... clickers ... just sh1t on the most aggressive/first spotted players.. Which happen to be the better ones usually..

Umm, not my experience, from BOTH sides. Better one players are hard-to-hit targets, and usually very hard arty targets. When in my Bert I tend to avoid shooting them, because they're damn-hard to hit (firing 4 sec into the future also doesn't help. :( ).

OTOH most aggressive players don't live long enough to become better ones.

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 27 November 2017 - 10:22 AM.

adameitas #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63146 battles
hmm dunno. Meet a lot of good players from elite clans and really didnt notice any huge offense on them in chat. Sure i can imagine that ppl sometimes try to rush and kill all those purples but i think it is quite normal everyone wants to beat the bests. On the other hand most of superunicums dont communicate in game dunno why mb bc they are arrogant who knows.. i know only very few that try to help team buy giving any advise and that really works.

Dr_Oolen #11 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21813 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Welcome to wot, the only online pvp game where being good is actually bad. Also perpetuated by developers themselves by all the changes they are making to the game, attempting to ram dildos up the [edited]of anyone who actually wants to be better and outplay others via skill.

Cobra6 #12 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yep, WoT is one of the only online games where good players do not get any respect from the community in general, only from other good players.

Happily helped along by Wargaming encouraging this mentality every way possible and balancing the game in such a way that skill is made as irrelevant as possible in everything but positioning.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 27 November 2017 - 10:16 AM.

qpranger #13 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32423 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP, stop whining and carry harder.

Ceeb #14 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Never ever have I seen Unicum hate in WoT

I have seen them focused off the map, Yolo'd.and games totally ruined due to idiots.

Dr_Oolen #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21813 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostCeeb, on 27 November 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Never ever have I seen Unicum hate in WoT

I have seen them focused off the map, Yolo'd.and games totally ruined due to idiots.

Just yesterday i got TKd two games in a row at the beginning of the game. Didnt write anything, didnt even as much as scratch some tanks paint or block someone on spawn, basically didnt even manage to leave spawn to actually do something wrong. But to be honest i didnt give a [edited]. Being oneshot by a t8 [edited]in my stock t6 light tank that would be completely useless in that game anyway due to WGs dank MM that throws t6s into t8 games 70% of the time and due to cancer maps like pilsen/windstorm/stalingrad and such being in rotation 24/7.

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 27 November 2017 - 10:25 AM.

Draz_H #16 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDr_Oolen, on 27 November 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Just yesterday i got TKd two games in a row at the beginning of the game. Didnt write anything, didnt even as much as scratch some tanks paint or block someone on spawn, basically didnt even manage to leave spawn to actually do something wrong. But to be honest i didnt give a [edited]. Being oneshot by a t8 [edited]in my stock t6 light tank that would be completely useless in that game anyway due to WGs dank MM that throws t6s into t8 games 70% of the time and due to cancer maps like pilsen/windstorm/stalingrad and such 24/7.

Can you dig those replays, I'd love to analyze the guys.

Bennie182 #17 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53676 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I stopped using xvm a long time ago, because it worked demotivating for me to see the stats of very bad players on my teams loads of times. I do focus down better players if I can, but only based on clan tags. Sometimes I'm even wrong and expect someone to be a good player, and check his stats after the battle and find him being pretty meh. I don't think this way of playing is unfair, as you do choose yourself to go in a certain clan.

View PostCobra6, on 27 November 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yep, WoT is one of the only online games where good players do not get any respect from the community in general, only from other good players.

You earn respect from me for being good at something in general, but not for goldspamming, which is what a lot of those players do. Seeing people 3-marking tanks, has not much value to me, as I never will be able to 3-mark most tank, only because I need to goldspam for it. Shows a lot of 'skill'. I even turned of showing my tank marks, because I got focussed down because of it. 1 Mark on a tank was already enough for that.

My stats would have been different if I made several choices, but I refuse to make them, as I find those decisions gamebreaking.

Besides all that: what is the value of the word "respect" in today's world anyway? I care less and less for the middle fingers pointed to me in this world.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The only thing I hate about being a good player is the damn arty focus all day every day, I can work with idiots yolo'ing me and wasting their tank, I can deal with chat abuse and I can deal with having to try and carry every match.

That being said I can't deal with artillery focussing me despite much better targets standing right next to me, arty following me around the map with their shots whereever I go even if it's the other side of the map, arty trying to hit me in my light tank going at 60km/h while there is a static heavy tank spotted in the middle of the map, that kind of bullsh@t.

It just completely ruins the fun and it's sad. Honestly can't wait for the day WG removes XVM from within matches, it's fine to have it in the garage but not when playing a match please.

Cobra 6

Dr_Oolen #19 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21813 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostDraz_H, on 27 November 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Can you dig those replays, I'd love to analyze the guys.

I analyzed them myself. I diagnosed them with l2p issues. One was 52% 2k games "reroll" (lmao) and the other one was 38k games 48% pleb whos still learning the game but is unlucky with teams.

brumbarr #20 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostBennie182, on 27 November 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

You earn respect from me for being good at something in general, but not for goldspamming, which is what a lot of those players do. Seeing people 3-marking tanks, has not much value to me, as I never will be able to 3-mark most tank, only because I need to goldspam for it. Shows a lot of 'skill'. I even turned of showing my tank marks, because I got focussed down because of it. 1 Mark on a tank was already enough for that.

My stats would have been different if I made several choices, but I refuse to make them, as I find those decisions gamebreaking.

Besides all that: what is the value of the word "respect" in today's world anyway? I care less and less for the middle fingers pointed to me in this world.

Since when are gold spamming and being good mutualy exclusive.

Most unicums are good AND shoot gold when need, but that in no way makes them worse players, as shown by my experiment.

If you suck without gold ammo, you will suck with gold ammo.

oh, btw, disabeling marks only makes all marks on tanks invisible for you, other people still see them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users